Reunion

Collide

A beating heart means there’s still life on a human body, a beating heart is proof enough there’s still hope, but there are certain cases in which, no matter how hard or how strong a heart beats, there’s no hope for them, there’s no life in them. To Chaerin this was no less, she was sure she had lived, she was certain about her memories, of her life, of her trainings and her heartbreaks. She knew by the way her heart beated that she was still living, walking, breathing, but now, at that exact moment, she wasn’t sure how wrong she had been.

Jiyong was holding her tight on his arms as the noises around them died into mere whispers, into leaves moving with the wind. His beating heart calling her name countless times as she so desperately clung to him, inhaling his scent, feeling his heat, embracing his self. She had been wrong, this was the true meaning of life, this was a true heartbeat, a living heart, and with him, it was like all the missing puzzles on her life had took place, had found their way home. She closed her eyes, hugging him tighter, and he did the same, letting out a sigh as he inhaled the aroma of sweat and blood on her hair, mixed with a faint scent of vanilla. She slowly looked up, his smiling yet bruised face looking at her as she did.

“Let’s go,” He said, slowly pushing her away to grab his own bag of weapons from the floor. She nodded slightly and followed him, their hands intertwined as he opened the door to where James had disappeared, to where the true battle awaited.

There, people were running around, some fighting on corners, she could see there where snipers all over the place, and the moment they put foot out of the building, they set fire towards them. Jiyong pushed Chaerin hard, making her fall on the floor. She put her hands on it to avoid hitting her face, and before she could look up, there was someone dragging her hands. She felt stupid, light headed as she felt her body being dragged, as she felt a pair of hands pulling her up from under her shoulders. She looked to her front and saw Jiyong screaming something at the man who had pulled her up, she noticed a new bleeding wound on his left arm as his right hand held a firing gun. She tried to reach for her own gun when a piercing pain on her stomach suddenly made her flinch and scream in pain.

“I need backup!” She heard the man holding her, realizing it was no other than James holding her tight. She looked down at her waist and saw blood oozing out of it, and a burning pain took the best of her.

“! It’s a sniper; we need to take the bullet out now!” Jiyong yelled and James dragged Chaerin quicker towards the back of the building where a huge metal box gave them cover. She felt her body fall hard on the floor as James looked at her, his blond hair sticking to his face, which he hastily moved out of the way, his eyes fixed on her wound. He didn’t said a word, he just fished out one knife he had on a belt, and as he was going to open her skin, Jiyong appeared with a bottle of rum, handing it to her.

“Take a sip.” Jiyong said and she grabbed the bottle, her hand trembling as she did. There was blood dripping from Jiyong’s hand as he gave her the bottle, but his face didn’t showed signs of pain. His eyes, his  deep brown eyes quickly looked at her bleeding wound, they showed pain, agony, sadness, worry, all mixed into a lovable stare as he realize how bad her wound was.

“I don’t think it got any organs, she will be ok.” James said, and slowly inserted one finger on her wound, making her cry in pain. Chaerin threw her head back, biting her lips hard to avoid screaming in agony as James search which organs the bullet could had harm. Jiyong grabbed her shoulders, slightly hiding James behind his back so she didn’t had to see what he was doing to her. He grabbed her face in both his hands and pecked her lips. She closed her eyes as she felt the warmth of his lips on hers, and he took the bottle from her hands and took a sip, then handed it to James.

“Look at me baby, look.” Jiyong said, Chaerin felt her eyes disorienting as James poured some of the rum on her wound. Her lip was already bleeding, and by the moment she looked at Jiyong, James had inserted the knife on her waist, and she whimpered, the tendons on her neck tensing as she moved her head back, her eyes looking distant, she couldn’t see, all that was keeping her there was the agonizing pain on her waist as James inserted his long and boney finger on her flesh, searching for the bullet that was having a rest within her.

“I got it.” James said and Chaerin felt his fingers clasp on something inside of her. She was sweating, panting and trembling. She looked at Jiyong; her lip all ruined as she bit it hard. He smiled at her and caressed her face, his bloody left hand holding her neck as his right hand cleaned the sweat on her forehead.

“You’re going to make it, don’t leave me. Stay with me.” He begged and she tried to nod, but the moment James took his hand out of her was like he was taking everything out. He had to grab the bullet, and as he did, his hand clasp, now a bigger size than it was when it entered her flesh, and the pain was so horrible she felt she could pass out any moment. She looked at James, his face was splattered with blood, her blood, his blue eyes fixed on his work, and as much as she wanted to hate him, his face, his determined yet pained expression told her he meant no harm.

“!” was all Chaerin managed to say as James started to messily sew her bleeding wound, every now and then pouring more rum on her skin. She saw that Jiyong quickly took hold on the bottle and put it close to her lips. She noticed by the smell that it was covered in blood, and she hastily took a sip from the liquor, the burning feeling on making her forget the pain of the sewing for a slight bit.

“It’s done.” James said straightening himself, and Jiyong moved aside, looking at his work. Chaerin looked too, and felt quite impressed – even with the agonizing pain within her – at his neat work, even under the circumstances.

“Thanks James.” Jiyong said and James nodded, grabbing the bottle of rum and taking a huge sip.

“My pleasure,” He said and Chaerin scoffed.

“I’m glad you feel pleasure while inserting your hand within me.” She said trying to stand but Jiyong stop her.

“No, that pleasure hasn’t been given to me yet.” James said, earning a glare from Jiyong. James quickly laughed and shook his head. “I’m joking man, chill.” He said handing him a gun that was lying on the floor. Jiyong took it, still glaring at him.

“I’ll make sure it’s just a joke, or this gun will be up your and there will be no one to take the bullets out of your intestines.” Jiyong said as he put the bullets on his belt. Chaerin chuckled a bit, and another gush of pain ran through her. Both James and Jiyong looked at her as she whimpered, then she quickly shook her head, her hand hiding the wound.

“I’m fine.” She said, and James smiled nodding.

“I know you are, I’m the best surgeon out there. Anyways, here’s the deal, it’s just a bunch of new elite soldiers, we are old school, we have an advantage of tactics, what do you say?” James said and Jiyong nodded.

“Being old school means we’re obsolete James.” Chaerin said and Jiyong shook his head.

“It means we still have to plan our movements, not read a schedule, which is our advantage. Jamie, where’s Dara? Did you find her?” Jiyong said and Chaerin widened her eyes.

“She’s fighting around here, we need to find her.” James said and Chaerin looked at him with wide eyes.

“Dara? Sandara Park?” Chaerin said and both Jiyong and James nodded.

“She’s part of the resistance, undercover to take down our same enemies. We recently found out. She’s on our side” James said and Chaerin nodded; gaping open. Jiyong put his index finger under her jaw and close it, smiling a bit.

“You might choke with an insect.” Jiyong said and Chaerin rolled her eyes.

“Help me up, we need to find her.” Chaerin said and Jiyong grabbed her right elbow as James scooted to grab her left. They helped her get on her feet, and she did, even if her whole body screamed at her in horror, she did and straightened herself, gun on her right hand and a dagger on her left. Both Jiyong and James nodded as they realize she could manage and looked to the sides. Chaerin was still lightheaded, and every step she took, her whole body screamed, but she endured it, she had to get out of here, and alive. The three of them walked silently towards one open gate next to their hiding spot. James struggled with the lock and Jiyong scoffed, took one long metal bar out of the gate and smirked.

“Thief skills,” Jiyong said and inserted the metal bar into the lock, moved it a few times and the lock opened. James rolled his eyes as Jiyong smirked, and the three of them entered. In there, there were a few black cars with tinted windows. Chaerin moved swiftly through them, using them as cover as the two males followed her, gun in hand.

“Over here.” James said pointing at an open door on the building in front of them. It looked like a fire exit, and they entered through it. James first, followed by Chaerin and then Jiyong. Right in front of them there were stairs, like those fire exits on buildings. James looked up through them and shrugged. Chaerin started to climb up the stairs, every step silent as she did. Jiyong followed suit, then James. They made it towards the 5th floor finally reaching an unlocked door. They entered, it led them towards a luxurious hallway, probably office or something, and Jiyong’s eyes brightened suddenly.

“These are the Chief’s office.” He whispered and both Chaerin and James looked at him with confused eyes.

“You’re sure?” James asked and Jiyong nodded eagerly.

“Yeah, I spent way too many nights in here.” He said and Chaerin nodded.

“Alright then, who’s the bad guy we have to eliminate?” She said and both James and Jiyong shrugged.

“That’s the thing, we’re not sure. Hyunseung has to go down for sure, but we’re not sure whose wing his under.” James said and Chaerin puffed her cheeks.

“Or maybe he’s on his own.” A female voice behind them said, and the three of them froze immediately. The first one to turn around was Chaerin, and her heart suddenly stopped as she saw the petite figure of her former partner.

“Dara.” Chaerin whispered, Jiyong looked quickly and stared at her as James smiled weakly.

“Hi.” Dara said and walked towards them. Jiyong instinctively put an arm in front of Chaerin and took a step back, Chaerin didn’t even protested, just took one step back, leaving James at front.

“Can we trust you?” Chaerin hissed and Dara shrugged.

“That depends on you. One thing you may want to consider, I never said anything about Jiyong.” She said signaling with a thin hand at Jiyong. He widened his eyes and Chaerin nodded slowly.

“True.” She said and looked at Jiyong. He had the most hilarious yet terrifying face she had ever seen. He was confused, that could be tell, but within his confusion he looked angry, mad, enraged that he was confused, his muscle jaws tightened every now and then, his left hand – the one with the dried blood – tightening and the one holding the gun – the right one – steady at his side. James had somewhat an expression of blankness, as if anything that was going on didn't amused him, like if he knew everything and wasn’t interested. He was just there, looking at Dara as she approached them, her clothes ragged and her hair messed.

“I’m not interested in hurting any of you. In fact, I was against they putting you in charge of this mission. Chaerin, you were supposed to be freed with your last mission. And so were you Jiyong.” Dara said and Jiyong looked at Chaerin with wide eyes.

“You were?” He said and Chaerin just looked at him with the same intense look she always had.

“We’re never free.” She said and he shook his head.

“We ought to have a choice.” James said and Chaerin scoffed.

“Do you honestly believe they’ll let their people go off like that? Come one guys, really. You’re from the old elite, you must know, must use your brains.” She said and Dara nodded with a sorry face looking from Jiyong to James and to Chaerin.

“We ought to have one, but we don’t. The moment our family sells us, we become property.” Dara said and Jiyong shook his head in denial.

“No, we’re humans, you are from the resistance Sandara, you of all people should be up for that, we’re not tools, we’re human beings.” Jiyong said and Dara nodded smiling.

“I’m not saying its right, I’m saying it’s the way things are.” Dara said and Chaerin walked next to her, both looking at each other, almost the same height, though Chaerin was visible taller due to her heels. “You’ve been one of the greatest partner I could have, Lee Chaerin.” She finished giving Chaerin a tender look of admiration.

“You too, Sandara Park,” Chaerin said extending her hand, in a gesture of alliance, of friendship, of trust and reliance. Dara shook her hand eagerly, smiling as she did.

“We need her help.” Chaerin said, still looking at Dara even though she was addressing Jiyong and James.

“I couldn’t agree more.” James said inserting his hands on his pockets. The last one to agree was Jiyong, who was looking a bit stressed by the moment. Chaerin looked at him, his forehead was sweating, his hands trembling, and suddenly, his breath got uneven, hard, forced.

“Jiyong, are you alright?” She said, not being able to move. He nodded forcefully, biting his inner cheeks as he tried to control his breathing. James was looking at him with wide eyes, fighting the urge to go over him and hold him.

“I-I’m fine.” He said then gulped, starting to pant, he tried to balance himself on the wall, but it was too far from him, and he fell on his knees. Chaerin widened her eyes and when she went over him, James was already kneeling beside him.

“Jiyong?!” Chaerin said as she threw herself on her knees next to him. He was breathing hard, his chest rising at an uneven rate, his hands trembling and sweating, his lips dry and pale and his eyes disorienting, dark circles popping from under them as his skin turned pale. Chaerin felt herself go crazy at the sight of him, he looked like he was dying, his breath was so uneven it started to make noises, like someone who was having an asthma attack.

“Do you have a pump?!” James said, his right hand on Jiyong’s back as his left one grabbed his forehead, trying to hyperextend his neck so the airways could at least have a normal air flow. Jiyong shook his head slowly, and opened his mouth to talk, but instead of words, a mouthful of blood came out from his throat.

“!” Chaerin said and stood up, her eyes watery and her hands trembling. She looked at Dara, who was as stressed as she was. Chaerin widened her eyes at her and she made an apologetic look while shaking her head no. There was nothing they could do, and as she tried to think of something, Jiyong slowly collapse on James’s arms, now his breath almost inaudible. Chaerin threw herself on her knees again, scrapping the skin on it, and put her hands on his chest.

“No, please Jiyong, stay with me.” Were the only words she could say as his beloved man looked at her with the same distant eyes she looked at him a while ago. Everything seemed to collapse around her, the buildings, the people, the walls, everything as she looked at Jiyong slowly collapsing on James arms, fighting for hope, for air, for life.

 


Gily's Notes: 

HELLO!!!

Here's another damned cliffhanger... what could be happening I wonder... hmmm....

Anyways... I want to sincerely thank you all!!

I WANT COMMENTS OF DESPAIR, OF STRESS, OF PAIN AND AGONY!! And, of course, your feedback... lmao!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily♥

 

P.S: Let's make love to the Bower!!

 

And also, let's not forget about the Dragon!!