Sickness

Collide

A human body is frail, is weak and frail, and you can only punish it for so long until it decides to stop working, to stop moving. Sometimes it punishes you with diseases, sometimes it just take the whole day off. For Chaerin, today was the day it decided to keep her on bed, and also get her sick. As she slowly opened her eyes, everything hurt, like if she had a fight with an Ogre and he had won, leaving her bruising on a infirmary.

She tried to move, but it was useless, she was in too much pain, muscle pain, and was sore, her eyes wet from shutting them tight. She cursed one hundred times before she could at least sit up. She looked at her hands; the dried blood was almost black, blood clots all over her palms. She tried to breathe through her nose, but there seemed to be a plug of mucus on it, making it almost impossible to inhale. She tried to swallow, but the pain on was too much, she was sick, she had caught a cold, and what sort of time to be getting sick.

Slowly, she dragged herself out of bed, her dress falling on the floor, dragging itself along with her feet. She walked towards the door of the bathroom and opened it slowly, not even looking at herself in the mirror, she washed the blood off her hands and walked out of the room, she needed someone to get her medicine, and she needed it fast. She walked down the hallway and into some sort of living room. She took a look inside and shrugged, there was no one there. 

The house was huge, and now, lit with the sunlight, she saw how beautifully decorated and how well cared it was. The night before, she had been expecting spider-webs all around the walls, dust, even mice and stuffs like that, but all she got was a clean and nicely decorated villa. She smiled weakly, breathing hard through her nose, and continued walking.

She saw someone walking in the far end of the hallway, and she tried to scream, but her voice was hoarse, weak and almost inaudible. She fastened her pace and found herself entering another living room, this one was modern, decorated with hairy rugs and leather black couches, it had a LED T.V hanging on a wall and a few empty cans of soda lying around the center table. She looked around it and saw James standing in front of a full panel window, looking outside.

“James,” She said breathlessly and he turned around hastily, he smiled then flushed as he saw her.

“Chaerin, good morning, how are you?” He said, his face looking from her towards her face, his cheeks flushed red, his eyes trying to avoid direct contact with hers. She felt uncomfortable by his look and looked down, only to notice that the cleavage of her dressed was now fully exposing her . She quickly put the fabric of the dress up, covering her chest and flushed.

“I’m sorry.” She spoke with a hoarse voice. He shrugged and finally looked at her.

“Don’t be, are you alright?” He said, now noticing her hoarse voice. She shook her head and breathed, making a loud sound on her nose.

“I caught a cold; do you happen to have any cold medicines around here?” She said and he shrugged.

“We should ask the servant, I’m not quite sure what we have and what we don’t.” He said honestly. She nodded and he walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. “Also, I think we should get you clean clothes, you’re way too y to be walking around my villa.” He said with a smirk and she smiled weakly and nodded.

“Honest truth, I’m feeling anything but y.” She said and he laughed, leading her out of the living room, closing the door behind them. He walked her towards the hallway and down the spiral staircase, leading her towards a door on the first floor, it led towards another hallway, but this one had no doors, only full panel windows all over until the end, but it wasn’t long either, at the end there was a white crystal door, and he opened it. She saw that it led towards a small room with couches all over, and then there was another door, and he opened it again, leading finally towards the kitchen full of servants.

One old lady, probably between her 50’s and 60’s, walked over them and bowed slightly. Chaerin could tell she was half Korean and half something else, probably English. “Master, how can I help you?” She said looking at James with respect. He smiled and looked at Chaerin and put his hand over her shoulder again.

“She’s sick Madeleine, she has caught a cold. Do we happen to have any medicine for her?” He said and the woman nodded smiling, then looked at Chaerin and bowed.

“May I touch your forehead my lady?” The woman said and Chaerin quickly nodded. The woman walked towards her and extended her hand towards Chaerin. Her hand was beautiful, carefully cared, and even if the woman looked slightly old, her hands didn’t, her long nails carefully polished and she even wore rings and bracelets. “Take her to her room Master Bower; I’ll be there in a minute.” The lady said and James nodded, taking Chaerin back to her room.

“Who is she?” Chaerin asked while they walked back to her room, to which James laughed slightly.

“She’s our Housekeeper, the head of the maids. I’m amazed you don’t remember her, she practically raised me.” He said and Chaerin frowned, trying to remember the old woman, but to no avail, she couldn’t exactly point a finger towards a memory of her.

“I’m sorry, I don’t remember her.” Chaerin said and James shrugged.

“Well, she didn’t used to go with me towards school plays and stuffs…” James said and Chaerin laughed.

“You never went to a school play and stuffs. All you did was ditch school and play your guitar on the school grounds, getting me in trouble for being with you.” She said and James nodding laughing.

“Golden times, those were.” He said and Chaerin nodded, rejoicing in the memories of them being careless and free.

They finally arrived at her room, and James opened the door for her. She didn’t fail to see his left hand and the scar on it. She remembered what he said about it, almost losing his hand, and her heart stopped beating. She knew too well that it wasn’t just a scar, but an old injury that probably left him handicapped. “You can’t play anymore right? The guitar I mean.” She said walking towards her room. He looked sad for a split of second, then his face turned back to normal, like the sadness had never flashed on his face.

“I’ve made my peace.” He said walking towards the chair in front of the vanity and sitting on it. Chaerin sat on the bed, carefully enough so the dress wouldn’t show her body towards James anymore.

“Was it hard? Painful?” She asked and he looked at his left hand, the scar almost screaming it was there. James shrugged and looked at her, and even though his eyes looked sad, he wore a smirk on his face.

“It was, but what can I do about it?” He said as if it was the most normal thing to say. “What about you? Any scars that forbid you to do the things you love?” He said and she smiled, lifting her dress slightly, showing him her right leg. It had a red thin line, almost impossible to see if she didn’t pointed it out. It ran all over from her thigh to her calf, making a curling line with slight stitches mark, everything so clear it was hard to see.

“Jumped off a cliff in Australia, running from some s, my leg got torn in five pieces and… well, you can imagine. It doesn’t lets me dance properly, but it’s fully healed now, can use Stilettos again.” She said shrugging. He laughed and got closer to her leg, up close, it was more visible, and he shook his head smiling.

“That’s one nasty scar right there.” He said sitting back on the chair. She nodded smiling and rested her back on the bed, her elbows lifting her up enough for her to see him.

“Any more scars you want to show me?” She said and he raised an eyebrow, and while he was lifting his shirt, showing a dark red scar that went from his chest down to his abdomen, someone knocked on the door patiently. James looked at the door smiling and with a tender voice told whoever was out to come in. As the door opened and Madeleine entered, James lowered his shirt and nodded at her.

Madeleine quickly walked over Chaerin, who was sitting up, and bowed, setting a silver tray on the nightstand. Chaerin smiled weakly as Madeleine took out some pills and handed them to Chaerin, along a glass of water. Chaerin eyed her and then looked at James, who nodded slightly, letting her know it was ok. Chaerin hesitated a bit, and then Madeleine smiled and nodded. “It’s just Panadol my dear, for the cold.” Madeleine said and Chaerin threw the pills on and swallowed them, then sipped the water and gave it back to the housekeeper.

“Thanks,” Chaerin said and Madeleine gave her some sort of metallic box. Chaerin opened it carefully and found some sticky, gelatinous substance inside; it gave some sort of mint odor, along with some eucalyptus.

“Smell it, it should help with your nasal problem. That’s as much as I can do now, some of the servants will be bringing a vaporizer master, so she can rest.” Madeleine said bowing. Chaerin nodded as Madeleine left, and put the metallic box close to her nose. She inhaled deeply and her eyes stung, it was a strong smell of eucalyptus, and it felt like her whole nose was burning. She scrunched her face and put it on the nightstand. James was smiling as she did so.

“You find it amuzing?” Chaerin said, annoyed at the itching and stinging sensation on her nose. He nodded and stood up, walked towards her and sat next to her on bed.

“It is, that’s Udder Butter, it’s really good for relaxing muscle, and well, it’s also good for nose congestion.” James explained and Chaerin looked at the metallic box, then at James, who was smirking at her.

“What?” She asked and he raised an eyebrow in a mischievous expression.

“Want me to give you a massage? It will help with the pain and help you relax.” He said and Chaerin raised both her eyebrows and stood up quickly, her hands held up as she walked back. She stood up too quick for her own good, starting to feel dizzy, lightheaded, as if someone removed everything on her head and left only the skull. She held herself on the chair but James was already at her side, grabbing her by the arm.

“Don’t, I’m ok.” She said pushing him slightly away. His face got serious, and he backed away a bit, but as he did so, her phone rang, and he looked to the table and grabbed it. He was going to hand it to her but saw who was calling her, and hit the ‘End’ button. Chaerin widened her eyes and then scowled at him. “Why the did you do that?! Who was it?” She said in exasperation.

“No one important,” He said. She glared at him and fetched her phone from his hand, it rang again and she saw who was calling.

“Why? Why you… ugh, whatever,” She said and answered the call. “Hello?” She said, turning her back on James.

“Hey Chaerin, how are you?” Jiyong said on the other line. Chaerin looked to her back, glared at James, and turned again, walking slowly towards the chair.

“I’m fine, how are you?” She said sitting on the chair, still ignoring James was there listening to her.

“You sound sick, are you sure you’re alright?” He said and Chaerin smiled.

“Yeah, I’m fine, just caught a cold. How about you? You sound dead tired, did you sleep last night?” She said and took a quick glance at James who was walking towards one of the mahogany doors next to the wardrobe, she could see him moving his hand, as if he was making fun of Jiyong, and opened the door. She saw, with wide eyes, that it was a balcony, showing the beautiful view of the villa. He walked out and put his hands on the handrails, and she saw by the way his shoulder moved that he was breathing hard.

“That’s too bad, did you take anything? Medicines I mean?” He said and Chaerin nodded.

“Yes, I did, just know in fact. But don’t worry about me, what about you, you didn’t answer my question.” She said, now looking at her hands as she talked, ignoring James again.

“I slept.” Jiyong simply said, making Chaerin frown.

“Did you, really?” She said and heard him chuckle.

“A bit.” He said, as if he was finishing the last two words. She smiled and shook her head. “Am I going to see you today? I miss you.” He said and she felt a sudden pang of guilt run through her.

“I’m not sure Jiyong, I’m actually out of town and, well, it’s a long ride…” She started saying and saw a shadow at her side. She quickly looked to the side and saw James frowning, clenching his jaw muscles. He mouthed ‘Don’t tell him where you are’, to which she nodded slightly.

“And you’re sick… yeah, I get it.” He said, his voice sounding off, as if something was distracting him. She could swear she heard some piano keys, but she disregarded it as just background noise.

“I’m sorry, I will keep contacting you though, text you and all.” She said and heard him sigh.

“Sure, got to go, I have work to do. Talk to you later.” He said in a distant voice. She took a deep breath and looked at the wall in front of her, it had some portraits of ancient Asian families, another of dragons, and some with flowers on it. She felt her eyes get watery, but disregarded it as her runny nose.

“Ok then, good luck.” She said, but before she could say anything else, he ended the call. She stayed with the phone on her ear for a few seconds before lowering it, letting it rest on her lap. She took a deep breath and looked at the phone and its locked screen.

“He’s not happy, is he?” James said and she suddenly remembered he was standing there, listening to her talking on the phone. She slowly looked at him, a deadly glare on her eyes.

“I believe it’s none of your business.” She said and stood up, feeling dizzy, but she wouldn’t let it get the best of her. She walked towards her bathroom, but before she could go in, turned around and looked at James. “Why don’t you make some good use of yourself and find me some clean clothes, then leave them on bed and disappear?” She said. James – who had his hands on his pockets – looked at her with tender blue eyes. She looked at him, his blue eyes burning into hers, his blonde hair covering half of his face, and some other strands of hair were messily put behind his ears, all the rest was a beautiful mess.

He looked to the floor, his strong high cheekbones making shadows on his cheeks as he did so, then looked at her. “As you wish,” He said and walked towards the door. She looked at him as he left, really looked at him. He was wearing some old light jeans, a white t-shirt and no shoes. She couldn’t help but think about Jiyong, and how he always used those high black boots unlaced, how he always dressed so fashionably, even if he was just chilling around. As she saw James leave the room, she remembered Jiyong’s dyed blonde hair, and something on her chest jumped, she put her hand on it and took a deep breath, probably from the cold, she thought.

She entered the bathroom and locked the door. Having some sort of private space gave her the peace she needed at the moment, and she was going to happily enjoy it while it lasted. She walked towards the tub and opened the faucet, letting the tub fill with water. She saw that there were some soaps on a table next to it, and grabbed the Vanilla scented soap and filled the water with it. She quickly unlaced the dress and let it pool on her legs and stepped out of it, getting into the tub. The warmth of the water was soothing enough for her sore body, and she closed her eyes, relaxing as the water caressed her whole body. 

 

Gily's Notes:

Well hello people!! Woah, thanks so much for subscribing! You can't believe how happy I am!! And thanks so much to those who comented, I'm so grateful! I keep reading a few over and over again, and, well, I'm so happy!!

 

As a gift, I will let you enjoy some SPAZZING of pictures with me, alright???

 

Hehehehe, Some Jamie Campbell Bower (James) spazz first, I love that blonde !!

 

Now some G-Dragon spazz!! Woah!!!

 

I'm not too fond of blonde guys, but Jamie,, woah! And G-Dragon with blonde hair, it drives me BANANAS!!!!!