Introduction

Collide

Moving her hips as she walked through the corridors, her heels making soothing and harmonizing sounds as she smoothly flowed through the place. Her Channel Number Five leaving a trace of her sweet scent through the place as she reached her destiny. All eyes were on her, even if the faces of the place were carved by God himself, she was sure leaving every mouth gapping.

“Good evening. How can I help you Miss?” a woman sitting behind a desk asked her as she entered the office. Chaerin smiled and removed her sunglasses, fanning her eyelashes as she smiled at the petite woman.

“I have an appointment with Mr. Yang” Chaerin said and the receptionist nodded while looking through her files.

“Your name please” The woman said. Chaerin chuckled and smiled.

“Lee Chaerin” she simply said and the receptionist looked at her with wide eyes.

“Welcome Miss Lee, please follow me” The receptionist said almost sweating. Chaerin faked a smile and followed the petite woman as she led her to the office belonging to the CEO of the company… Yang Hyun Suk.

As the receptionist opened the door, voices could be heard from within. There were some people discussing something, and by the tone of one, it seemed like a heated discussion, it wasn’t an amazing moment, Chaerin could tell, but also, she couldn’t care less.

“Jiyong, I’m telling you, this is all out of hand, and you’re pushing me one step closer to insanity!” One said.

“I’m sorry hyung, I have no idea how this got this huge” the other said, who Chaerin thought could be that Jiyong.

“You did had the idea, you just didn’t cared!” The older man said, fuming as he walked back to his chair. He looked at the door and widened his eyes a bit, then glared at the woman who has just opened the door without knocking.

“Excuse me sir…”

“Miyoung, have you lost your mind?” The old guy said, gaining the attention of the younger one. Chaerin peeked inside and saw the people inside. In the chair was her target, Yang Hyun Suk, and in front of the desk there was a quite handsome young man with blonde hair and stylish clothes. Chaerin smirked as she saw the woman trembling in front of her.

“I’m so sorry sir, this is Miss Lee, from CJ Entertainment, you said that I should make her pass as soon as she came, so here she is. I’m sorry I interrupted.” Miyoung answered.

“It’s alright, I was leaving anyways” the younger man said. Hyun Suk glared at him and stood up.

“This isn’t finished Jiyong.” Hyunsuk said fuming. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“Certainly, but now you have more… important business, to take care of” Jiyong said eyeing Chaerin as he walked through the door. Chaerin raised an eyebrow at him then looked to the front, looking at Hyunsuk.

“Good evening Mr. Yang, I’m Lee Chaerin” Chaerin said walking towards the desk. Both of them bowed and smiled.

“Call me Hyunsuk, it’s a pleasure to finally meet the daughter of Lee Kwang Hoon” He said and Chaerin just smiled.

“It’s my pleasure” She said sitting in front of him. “Now, I will make this quick if you don’t mind” She said and Hyunsuk nodded in agreement.

“Please do” He said. Chaerin nodded and put some papers on her lap.

“CJ Entertainments, of the CJ conglomerate wants to make something huge, we want to extend our business towards the United States, but we need more stars, we need celebrities that are loved and adored by everyone in this whole world, and to do that, we need you” She said and Hyunsuk simply nodded, resting his back on his chair.

“We have great artist, but you are well known by making the best of the best, and that’s exactly what I need.” She ended her statement and Hyunsuk smiled.

“Indeed, but what do we get in exchange?” He asked. Chaerin smiled and handed him the papers she was holding.

“We are willing to give you exactly 50% of the income we make at the U.S, which, if we are successful and we will be, will be a sum of almost fifteen million dollars” She said. Hyunsuk widened his eyes in surprise.

“That’s a huge amount of money…” He said eyeing the papers.

“That’s just a starting sum, we expect more, but of course, it all depends on your artists and their commitment” She explained.

“I can assure you they are committed, and they are excellent performers.” He said handing her back the papers. Chaerin smiled and stood up, satisfied that everything came out as she expected.

“I’ve heard of their commitment, but I can’t say I have seen it personally” She said walking towards the window. Hyunsuk smiled and stood up, eyeing the new woman in his office.

She was beautiful, he never doubted it, but she looked off, didn’t seem to quite fit the Chaebol kingdom of plastic woman walking graciously as they bragged about their inherited fortune. He secretly despised them, but adored them in some way. They were just like idols, portraying a perfect image for the world, yet being a rotting corpse within their masks. But this woman, she seemed different, confident and strong.

“I can show you how committed they are, how committed we are Miss Lee” he spoke walking towards her. Chaerin smirked as she felt his presence nearing hers, with every inch he got closer, it was an inch closer to her target, or so she hoped.

“Please do, I want to be able to give a full report to my father, so he’ll know which kind of celebrities we are going to be dealing with” Chaerin spoke in the sweetest voice she could muster. Hyunsuk smiled and walked towards the door, gaining distance from her.

“This way, I’ll take you to one of our studios were mostly every singer is” He said and Chaerin nodded, walking ahead of him. He quickly got to her side and both of them walked down the aisle as he told her almost everything about his company, how it was founded and why, all those boring stuffs, Chaerin thought.

Finally they made it towards a crystal door where some distant music could be heard. Hyunsuk smiled and unlocked the door as he looked at Chaerin.

“Soundproof of course, they need their privacy, but Jiyong likes to lock himself as he works” He said as he opened the door.

As soon as they both entered, the one who Chaerin can recognize as Jiyong looked to the door, slowly taking his Beats headphones back. Chaerin eyed him carefully, now that she was face to face with him, she could make all his features, memorize every bit of skin he possessed so she can know who he is.

“This is Kwon Jiyong, also known as G-Dragon, I bet you’ve heard of him right? He’s one of our jewels, he works hard and is truly committed” Hyunsuk said as he introduced the young man in front of them. Chaerin scoffed as she eyed him completely.

Fair features, handsome face, thin but toned, absolutely gorgeous. Hair neatly done, clothes carefully picked and makeup carefully applied to match his high cheekbones and strong features. He didn’t smiled, but she could tell he had an absolutely beautiful smile by the way his lips were creased. His skin screamed perfection, he wasn’t the tallest guy she has since, but he had a fair height that could be easily defined as perfect for a male. She has deal with this kind of guys before, he was no exception.

“Good evening” Jiyong said with a slight bow. Chaerin bowed back and smiled.

“I’m Lee Chaerin, it’s my pleasure Mr. Kwon” She said with what she could tell was a somewhat polite and cute voice.

“Do I know you from any place?” Jiyong asked her and she smiled.

“Yes, I saw you earlier while Mr. Yang was lecturing you” She honestly said, and as her word took place in the now quiet room, she could see by the corner of her eye how Hyunsuk scratched the back of his head.

“Yeah, it was probably there” Jiyong said, ignoring the fact that she almost made fun of him right at his face.

“I wasn’t lecturing him, in fact we were having our usual talks Miss Lee, he’s like my son, so I have to keep a close eye on him” Hyunsuk said laughing awkwardly as he looked at Jiyong, who was raising a prominent eyebrow at him.

“Yes, he likes to pretend he’s my father… a lot in fact…” Jiyong spoke. Hyunsuk’s eyes widened and Jiyong smirked.

“Well, he came to our company when he was twelve years old, I’ve seen him grow, I feel responsible…” Hyunsuk said and just when Jiyong opened his mouth to talk, Hyunsuk walked towards the computer at Jiyong’s side. “As I was saying, she’s Miss Lee Chaerin, from CJ conglomerate Jiyong, and there are, as I was telling you before, interested in making an alliance with YG Entertainments” He finished.

Jiyong nodded and looked at Chaerin again, a smirk plastered on his face as he did so. “So you’re a chaebol daughter huh?” He said. She raised an eyebrow at him and her front teeth.

“You got that right Mr. Kwon, and you’re just an idol, am I right?” She said. Jiyong widened his eyes in bewilderment as she said that, implying it was nothing compared to her.

“Yes, I sell my talents for a living. What do you do for a living? Oh, I know, you just walk around bragging your much generous fortune to the world, am I right?” He said. Chaerin smiled, obviously amused by his lack of liking to the people of ‘her’ kind… but she had to play along.

“Jiyong!” Hyunsuk said but both of them ignored him.

“I’m glad I will be working with such an intellectual person, we will get along just fine” She said. Jiyong scoffed and turned his back at her.

“I doubt we could get along, I bet you have no idea what teamwork is, you probably are used to order everyone around” He said putting back his headphones. Hyunsuk looked at him with an angry stare before addressing Chaerin again.

“I’m so sorry Miss Lee, he’s in a pretty bad mood today, he’s not usually like this” He said and Chaerin smiled.

“I guess he probably is, it must be really tiring to try and sell his talents with no avail” She said turning around. Jiyong took out his headphones and threw them on his desk.

“You know what Miss Rich, everything you see here is paid by my idol salary. The floor you’re walking on is paid by that salary also, I don’t have to inherit a money I can’t use. I earn it, honestly earn it and can brag about how I spend it without regrets, can you do that?” Jiyong said irritated. Chaerin turned around and smiled amused.

“Interesting…” She simply said and sat on a sofa next to the computer system. “Interesting to know how long it took you to actually be able to spend all that money, while I just had to be born to spend it. You had to work your back to earn it, then spend it, without regrets. No Mr. Kwon, I have no regrets of spending a money that will never end, I have no regrets in buying decorations when I know the fortune, my fortune, will never vanish. But you, with your complex of a new rich guy, sleep every night with the terror of being hated the very next day, with the pain and tiredness of working everyday for a public that can love you now, hate you tomorrow.” Chaerin said, and as she spoke, Jiyong’s face grew stronger with anger while Hyunsuk's burned red with shame.

“No Mr. Kwon, I have no idea how it feels to earn money when I was born with it spilling from my own drawers, when I was born with the privilege of spending it without regrets” She finished her statement. It was all a sour lie, but she had to play along, she had to.

She smiled at Jiyong while he fumed with pure hatred, fighting the urge to hit her right there and then, but instead, he just exited the room, followed suit by Hyunsuk, leaving her alone in that studio, enjoying the sour taste of a well made lie, a lie too far from her own reality. If only it was true, maybe it would be easier to cope with the sick reality she’s living in, maybe…

 


Gily's Notes: Hello!!

I'm sorry it takes forever to update, but I want to make a good story, so I'm taking my time getting ideas, writing something coherent so you all can enjoy it as much as I do!

Thanks so much for your support!! 36 subscribers with just 2 chapters makes me so happy, thanks so much! Please don't forget to comment your feedback so I'll know where I'm lacking or where I have too much...

Love you all!

Happy Reading~

Gily ♥