Oncoming Problem

Collide

It was finally Friday morning, and Chaerin slowly opened her eyes, feeling weak and fragile. The night before had been total chaos, and with a sour face, she slowly recalled every little detail that happened, regretting every sweet memory, every caress and every lip. She was doomed, she knew, but who could blame her? Yes, there should be blame, there should be punishment, the wound on her stomach reminded her, and the face of the person killed her agonizingly slowly for her own sake.

“!” She cursed as she saw the face of the person she wouldn’t expect to be there at that hour. His eyes were filled with hatred, pain and she could tell a bit of disappointment. Seungri stared at her as she stared at him, though she knew he couldn’t see her, his eyes gazed at her with such hatred she felt herself burning under it.

She closed her eyes and put the car on drive, hurrying out of that place. As she drove, the bleeding wound beated with an agonizing pain that almost made her scream. She whimpered as she arrived at the hotel, taking deep breaths before getting out of the car, the image of Jiyong, the face of Seungri hunting her as she got out of the car, putting a jacked on so the blood wouldn’t be noticeable.

She limped towards the elevator, pushing the buttons so hard she felt like she was it. She was desperate, she needed help, although she knew she would only get medical help, she wanted to feel someone listening to her pains and whimpers, and maybe rant on someone so she could ease the pain on her heart.

What was that feeling? Was it really pain? Was it joy? It startled her the way he had looked at them, at her, how his eyes turned dark the moment she saw him staring, how his hands balled into fist as he followed Jiyong with his eyes. She knew she had done exactly what Hyunseung asked her, but why? Why would she allow it to be done, even without her knowing it? She hit her forehead as she thought about those things, regretting every words said, ever glance shared and every kiss given.

The elevator finally reached the Lobby and she hurried inside, pushing the 24th floor button, hoping and praying it will be fast, the wound was starting to get annoyingly painful and she was starting to feel something running down her leg. She glanced at the floor for a moment and widened her eyes as she saw the blood dripping from her leg and on to the floor. She cursed in her mind and hid the blood stain with her shoe. She cursed as the elevator stopped at another floor and opened the doors, some other people walking in. There were two guys, a short one with black hair and the other a bit taller, his hair almost white. They were both wearing black suits and white buttoned shirts, their neckties undone and the jacked slightly scrolled up on the sleeves. She rolled her eyes as they eyed her,

“Good Evening, how are you?” The one with the black hair said. She rolled her eyes again and smiled,

“I’m good,” She simply said. The one with the gray hair raised an eyebrow then looked at her leg and widened his eyes.

“Miss, you’re bleeding.” He said pointing at her leg. She looked down and cursed, then looked at him, he was about to press the stop call. It was more of a reflex really, but the moment he extended his hand, she grabbed it, twisted it and pushed him to the wall of the elevator, her feline eyes staring dangerously at him.

“If you press that button, I’ll chop your fingers off.” She hissed and he gulped, the guy with the black hair was about to push her from his friend but she also grabbed his hand, twisting it, still grabbing the neck of the one with the gray hair. “Listen boys, I’ll leave you get out of here alive if you simply ignore the fact that I’m here, otherwise, I’m afraid I’ll have to cut your throats and drain you.” She said and they slowly nodded. She let go of them and returned to her spot next to the buttons of the elevator. Both of the guys walked – well, they ran, actually – out the moment the elevator stopped on the 23rd floor. She smirked and the doors closed, and finally, she was at her floor.

She walked out, limping; now the wound was hurting even worse due to the slight movements she had to do on the elevator. She opened the doors of Dara’s suite and found her sitting on her couch, eyes on her laptop, as usual. Dara glanced at her and widened her eyes the moment she saw the blood dripping from her leg.

“Did you got your period or lost your ity?” She said standing up. Chaerin chuckled and walked towards the couch.

“What ity?” She said and Dara chuckled.

“Let me take a look.” Dara said walking towards her, the first aid kit in hand. Chaerin showed her the wound and Dara smiled. “It’s not deep, you’ll survive. How did it happen?” She asked as she started to clean the wound. Chaerin flinched and chuckled.

“I stabbed myself with my dagger, actually.” She said and Dara chuckled.

“Stupid dagger then,” She said, now putting some antiseptic on the wound. Chaerin laughed and flinched as Dara put the ointment on her wound. “There you go, you’ll be good now.” She said as she finished bandaging the wound.

“Thanks girl.” Chaerin said eyeing the clean work her partner did. “He kissed me.” She said and Dara raised an eyebrow, a skeptical expression on her face.

“So?” She said putting away the first aid kit. Chaerin shrugged and stood up.

“Just thought I’d told you.” Chaerin said walking towards her room.

“CL, you heard the boss, don’t get involved.” Dara said. Chaerin chuckled and turned around, a smirk on her face.

“And what makes you think I’ll get involved?” Chaerin said.

“It meant nothing.” Dara said and Chaerin nodded.

“It was nothing.” She said and walked into her room. As she closed the door, she stared at her hand – still stained with her blood – and let out a sigh. It was nothing.

As she dragged herself towards her bathroom that morning, she heard her phone ringing somewhere on her room. She scratched her head and looked around, not being able to see it. She was going to ignore it when the doors separating the suites opened, revealing Dara with her phone on her hand.

“It’s Jiyong, you left it at my room last night, and he’s been calling nonstop since 9am.” She said putting the phone on a table next to the door. Chaerin nodded and walked towards the table and grabbed the phone. She stared at it, and not even a moment after, it started ringing again. Dara made a gesture with her hands, like telling her ‘I told you so’ and returned to her room.

Chaerin slide the answer button on the screen and put the phone on her ear, she didn’t even answered when he started speaking,

“Chaerin? Are you there?” He asked, and she could tell he was desperate.

“Yes, I’m here, how are you?” She said in the gentlest tone she could muster.

“I’m fine, how are you?” He said, his voice relaxing.

“I’m good, just a little… sore…” She said eyeing her stomach, it was still hurting, but at least it wasn’t bleeding.

“Sore? Did something happen?” He asked. She chuckled, yes, actually, last night I just stabbed myself with a dagger I always carry around that, for some weird reason, moved and found its way towards my stomach, but it was nothing, she thought with amusement.

“No, nothing happened, I just woke up, that’s why.” She said.

“Ah, yeah, about last night… I’m sorry if I offended you in any way Chaerin, I didn’t meant to-“

“It’s ok, I’m ok, no need to worry.”

“Right, actually I was wondering if you’d still go with me to the party tonight. I mean, you have to go, hyung’s expecting to see you there.” He said, Chaerin let out a sigh and faked an unnecessary smile.

“Yes Jiyong, I’ll still go. I told you it was nothing, remember? Why would I ditch tonight’s party?”

“I don’t know, sometimes people get scared or… I don’t know…” she chuckled at his slight confusion.

“I have to go, I was about to get a shower you know, call you later.” She said and heard him sigh.

“Yes, talk to you later, bye.” He said and hung up without another word. She put the phone on the table next to the bathroom door and walked in. As she did, something felt weird, and as she put her hand on the doorknob, a cold goose bump rose from her lower back to her neck through her spine.

She glanced back to her window and saw that it was slightly opened. She raised an eyebrow and walked towards it. She was sure it was closed moments ago, and now, the slight gap made her suspicious. “Dara!” She yelled while walking towards the door that separated the suits. She slapped it open and found no one inside the room. She squinted her eyes and entered the room, her black pajamas dragging on the floor as she walked – they were a bit too long for her legs – towards the room.

Slowly, she opened the door and glanced towards the bed, there laid a sleeping Dara hugging her pillows. Chaerin looked around the room, the windows were tight closed and nothing seemed suspicious there. She shrugged and closed the door slowly, without making any noise. She turned around to go back to her room and widened her eyes. There, in front of her was a man, and she didn’t had enough time to see who it was for he caught her by surprise, punching her face.

Chaerin fell a few meters away from her standing spot. She put her hands on the floor to lift herself from the floor but some hands caught her from behind, lifting her harshly from the floor. She gasped as the person pressed her diaphragm, leaving her out of breath. The guy in front of her was wearing a black jacket whose hood hid half of his face, but she could clearly see the grin on his face and the bat-like weapon he had on his right hand.

“CL, nice to see you again,” He said walking dangerously close to her. She was going to kick his face when the door leading to Dara’s room opened and Dara flung herself over the guy in front of Chaerin. As Dara attacked the hooded man, Chaerin struggled with the one grabbing her. With a swift movement she had the weight of the man on top of her, unbalancing the man. He fell flat on the floor and she quickly went on top of him, her forearm on his neck.

“Who are you?!” She hissed as she held him tight by his neck. The guy grinned and in that moment, she heard a piercing cry from behind her. She looked instinctively and saw Dara’s body lying numbly on the floor, her eyes disoriented and her head bleeding. Chaerin fumbled for a moment, would she go and help her or retrieve the information she required?

The man didn’t gave her enough time to reason as he kicked her back and punched her face, freeing himself from her grasp. The one who attacked Dara threw the bat-like weapon towards the one who Chaerin almost held hostage and swing it comfortably on his hand before hitting her with it. Before he could do anything, she took a good look at the guy who was staring at them, the one in front of them smiling as she looked at his comrade, he was tall, almost six foot tall, and his golden hair was falling from under the hood, she felt an unfamiliar feeling on the pitch of her stomach and closed her eyes. She was going to take a look at her aggressor when the other, the blonde one, screamed a name. “Raoul stop.” He said, and his voice was so familiar she felt her eyes sting.

The black haired guy in front of her slumped his arms down, looking at the blonde one. He was shorter than the blonde one, but he was also more toned, broader, while the blonde one seemed to look skinny, elegant, he looked rough and dirty. “JC, we agreed that you wouldn’t get too emotional.” He said. The other, JC, shrugged.

“Old habits die hard, don’t harm her.” He said. Chaerin glared at them both, slowly moving her hands towards a metal tube close to the door. Dara had the habit of leaving objects that could be use as a weapon scattered through the place she was staying. Chaerin took a quick glance at Dara, her eyes now closed and her head still bleeding profusely. “I wasn’t going to hurt her, you know. But she was being too aggressive.” He said in a clear English accent, and Chaerin heard a faint click on the back of her head, but she quickly ignored it.

“What do you want?” She hissed. The one in front of her, Raoul, chuckled.

“We know your steps, it was ours first, have it in mind and leave alive. Otherwise, you’ll be as good as dead.” He said, his accent somewhat a mix of English and French. Chaerin chuckled and made an attempt at standing, her hand finally on the metal tube. She heard the JC guy make a sound with his tongue and shook his head slowly.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said, slowly moving his jacked so she could see how heavy armed he was. She saw it, her expression blank as she slowly raised her sight, trying to see his face, but all she could get was the smirk on his lips.

“We’ll be parting now, we sincerely hope you’ll do the same, like we said, it’s our target, leave in peace and alive while you can.” Raoul said and they both walked towards the door. Chaerin chuckled and stood up, her wound starting to agonizingly hurt her.

“Why not use the window?” She said and Raoul turned, a smirk on his face.

“Why would you care?” He said and JC turned and put a hand on Raoul’s shoulder.

“Be nice, she’s just asking.” He said and Raoul shrugged the hand off and walked towards the door.

“You’re the one with the soft spot for pretty ladies, not me.” He said and left. JC bowed slightly and also left.

Chaerin saw the door closing behind them and quickly went over Dara. She grabbed her shoulders and lifted her slightly and checked her wounds. She had a quite hard blow on her head, probably by that bat-like weapon, she thought. She quickly grabbed Dara’s phone and called her company. She filled them in with the situation and they told her they’d send someone over to tend Dara’s injuries. Chaerin put the phone away and looked at Dara, lying limply on her lap as she tenderly removed some hairs from her bleeding wound.

“!” Chaerin said, feeling the anxiety and the worry crept through her like a torrent of hot water, burning her from within. As she started to recite hundreds of cursed under her breath, the doors slapped open and two women ran in, a briefcase on each one’s hand, and set themselves next to Dara. Chaerin glared at them instinctively, protecting Dara from their touches.

“It’s alright Chaerin, they’ll cure her.” A man said while entering the room. Chaerin glared at him and slowly stood up, still a bit dizzy by the blows she received.

“What’s all of this about? What the you know about them?” Chaerin hissed and the man smiled.

“No, dear, I have no idea what this is all about,” He said, sitting down on Dara’s couch. “But if it makes you feel better, I already have our men investigating the matter.” He finally said. Chaerin her front lips and walked towards him, the metal tube still on her hand.

“I’m telling you Hyunseung, I know how dirty you work, and if I weren’t bound to stay with you, I would’ve killed you a long time ago.” She hissed, her foot dangerously close to his crotch as she balanced herself on her knee, the tube in front of his face, however, he didn’t even flinched at her threat.

“Then I’ll consider myself lucky, my beautiful danger, because you belong to me.” He said. Chaerin narrowed her eyes and pushed her foot forward, pressing on his precious jewels. This time, Hyunseung flinched and moved uncomfortably, trying to liberate the pressure on his lower areas.

“Don’t feel so lucky, I can always turn my back on you.” She said, then harshly removed her feet and walked towards her suite. She heard Hyunseung laughed and turned around, he was already standing up.

“I’ll make sure it’ll be the last thing you do, if you ever wished to turn your back on me.” He said. Chaerin scoffed and entered her room, locking the door behind her.

 


Gily's Notes:

THANKS YOU MY DEARS FOR COMENTING! I LOVE YOU!!

I'm on a roll here and decided to start the action, it was beginning to get to slow for my taste! haha!

Continue giving me feedback, it inspires me!!

Love you all!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥