A day with Hyemin in Heaven...leads you to where??(part 1)

Inseparable?? Maybe?? Maybe not...

Eunji’s POV

The month of January passed by in a breeze and we got closer to Minah, her boyfriend and best friends. But every single day will inch closer to the day would not forget, the date of Hyemin’s death.

Sitting around in my room now with Min hee, the tension in the air was getting thicker and thicker each day. That day is coming in 4 days and we can see the changes in Min hee and Haera already.

Although the dreaded day has yet to come, Minah and the rest seem to be preparing for the worst. Since it’s only been a year since Hyemin’s death, we never really know how we ourselves will react.

Min hee seems to have been distancing herself from us yet again but this time, instead of going to any of her part of her childhood friends, she went to Mr Kim and me for advice instead.

Haera however, has been getting quieter and quieter each day. She wasn’t as energetic and she would often wake up and cry at night. She seems to be avoiding Min hee and Min hee seems to have been avoiding her.

---

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-KfeV1Vmh88t6D-xC4q7

I sighed for the nth time that day and looked up at the endless blue sky. Black clouds were starting to roll in and no sooner than 5 minutes, it started to rain cats and dogs.

Right when the first water droplet touch the ground, Haera’s cries echoed throughout the mansion causing me to jerk out of my thoughts.

Min hee, who was lying down on my bed, plucked her ears and started to cry. Knowing Haera was in good hands of umma, appa, the maids and butlers, I went over to Min hee and laid her head on my lap.

I slowly her hair and began to sing her a song which all of us siblings loved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fj-857Q_zEU

“Minnie, have you ever regretted slapping Haera that day??” I asked her softly. She shook her head and mumbled a ‘no’ instantly. I asked her why and she told me that Haera deserved it.

Although I wasn’t shocked by her blunt answer, I still felt a little hurt that she did not feel even a tiny ounce of guilt for slapping Haera TWICE with the hand that she wore a RING on and the fact the she is the 2nd PERSON that was the strongest in the group doesn’t help either.

“Alright then, if you don’t regret, why do you pluck your ears when she cries??” after hearing that question, she froze. I sighed, knowing that she was at an end and continued to her hair.

“You want to know why unnie??” she asked after 3 minutes of silence. All I could do was nod. She sighed and got up from my lap.

“It’s because each time she cries and calls for me to forgive her, I was reminded how Hyemin had cried over the phone for me when she was being abused by those bunch of freaks” right after she said that, she started to cry again, this time more harder.

I quickly hugged her and rocked her side by side. I muttered a few comfort words and she started to calm down. After 5 minutes, she finally calmed down.

We stayed in that position for another 30 minutes before getting up and washing our faces. After doing so, we sat down on my couch near the window and watched as the rain drops fall. We were sitting together in comfortable silence until……the door suddenly slammed open and Haera came rushing in.

Her eyes were bloodshot red and she had tears running down her face. I stood up and I attempted to go over and ask if she’s okay but she went right passed me, grabbed Min hee by the arm, pulled her up and hugged her.

Min hee’s eyes widened and she winced from the strong force Haera used to pull her arm. Haera was bawling in her embrace and she didn’t know what to do. I wanted to go over and help when Haera suddenly started talking/ screaming.

 “Mian unnie Mian!!! I never meant to hurt Hyemin!!! I’m SORRY!! PLEASE DON’T HURT ME!!!” she started hitting Min hee’s chest repeatedly and Min hee winced again. She wasn’t feeling well that day and being Haera’s punching bag isn’t helping her health.

“Stop it Haera you’re hurting her!! Min hee’s not in a good condition. You’re going to get her admitted to the hospital!!” I screamed and tried to pull Haera away from Min hee which I was failing since her grip on Min hee was tight.

 I saw Min hee’s eyes starting to close and I shouted for the maids and butlers. They came in as soon as they heard my shout and scrambled towards us and pulled Haera off. The moment she was off Min hee, both of them fainted.

I rushed towards Min hee and caught her before her head hit the floor. The guys came in soon after and immediately rushed towards either Haera or Min hee. Niel oppa carried Min hee in his arms and brought her to her room. Changjo, Chunji and Ricky oppa followed while the rest stayed in my room.

“So this is what happens when it’s nearing Hyemin’s death anniversary. Who knew Haera was so terrified of those two slaps Min hee gave. It must hurt a lot” Doojoon oppa said, trying to break the awkward silence.

I sighed and looked over to Haera who was in Minwoo oppa’s arms and was crowded around her friends, a look of worry and concern were on planted on their faces.

“I never thought it will turn this bad. I only thought that they wouldn’t talk to each other until the day was over like normal people but I guess our family is abnormal” I said and Haera’s hair.

Umma and appa came in and told Minwoo oppa to bring Haera to her room. He nodded and stood up, cradling Haera in his arms and fixed her position so that she won’t fall off and walked out of the room. YoungKwang and Jeongmin oppa followed along, being the closest to her.

I lied down on Junhyung oppa’s lap and my eyes started to tear up. It hurts me to see my sisters like this. Min hee is in pain and Haera is not mentally stable.

I get that they saw how Hyemin got killed. I did too and I loved her.

I’m guilty too but at least I don’t go around mobbing my family.

I know Hyemin isn’t going to like this so I stopped.

But why do I feel as if I’m so empty even if I’m doing this for her sake??

 Why do I feel like crying over something as small as Min hee’s health but not cry over something as big as Hyemin’s death anniversary??

Simple, because that was my last promise Hyemin made me do. It’s not that I don’t love her or care for her. It’s because I love and care for her too much is why I did this but why does it hurt to try not to care??

~Flashback~

I went into the room Hyemin was in. Tears kept falling from my eyes when I saw her condition. She was dying before us. Why, why were they so cruel and ruthless?

When I reached Hyemin’s bed, I saw her wincing in pain. I cried even more. I wasn’t there to protect her. It’s my fault. I’m the oldest not Min hee so why did Min hee have to feel so guilty?

Hyemin called me softly. I looked at her and her hair. She smiled and closed her eyes for a few seconds.

“Unnie, it’s not your fault you know?? I hope you will be the same girl you were. Smart, attractive and just be you. You were the strongest person I’ve known beside Min hee unnie. Without you, I don’t know weather I have anything to be proud of. You showed me that I have a talent. You also helped me discover it” she paused and winced.

I quickly jolted up but she just motioned for me to sit. Then she started talking again. “Can you promise me something or two things??” she asked softly. I immediately said yes. She held up her pinky and I raised mine.

“Promise me that you’ll not cry or mob over my death. I want to rest in peace, knowing that my sisters are safe and not mopping” she told me. I bit my lips. I can’t do that, I told her. She let out a tear and I, with much hesitation, said ok.

Her eyes lit up and I feel happy that just this one promise makes her happy. I will do anything to make her last few minutes on earth a happy one.

“Second, please play my favorite song on the piano on my funeral and on every death anniversary you guys go through” she started wincing again and I immediately agreed. If that was what she wanted, that is what she’ll get.

~End of Flashback~

“I know you want to cry. Just let it out and listen to the raindrops. Cry along with the rain” I heard a voice said. It sounded like Hyemin. Before I can open my eyes to see who said that, the same voice said,

“Don’t open your eyes. Just listen to the rain, block out everything and just concentrate on the rain droplets falling from the sky to you window and then to the ground. Let your mind wonder and let your tears flow and slowly drift off to dreamland where you can unlock the code”

I decided to do what it said although I didn’t know what code she was talking about.

 I blocked out Haera’s cries and the maids bustling noises. I listened to the rain drops falling and I let my tears flow, and ever so slowly, led myself into dreamland…

                                               ~ End of Eunji’s POV~


Okay guys so i decided to edit the story into 2 parts. Since i find the previous update FULL of mistakes i can't really keep still about it. I sometimes don't even get what i'm typing so I need to send the copy to my lovely co- author so that she could take some time off to edit the story. I'll post the other part by tommorow so stay tuned. Also, check out regret by minwoolover_98. I know she's under hiatus but I really like the story. 

So comment/subscribe and don't be a silent reader. See you guys in the next update!!!