Chapter 9

Professional Love
Weeks passed and things at La Cha Ta were doing great. The cafe was receiving a lot of positive reviews and the sales profit seemed to increased day by day. Chanyeol seemed content with the progress but Sulli wasn't quite satisfied much. 
 
That night, the two had just finished an interview session for the cafe to be reviewed in the dining section of a local newspaper. Sulli was sitting on the edge of the rooftop, hugging her knees as she slightly rocked back and forth, trying to ease the tiny discomfort in her heart. 
 
Unused to this sight of Sulli, Chanyeol went over to comfort her. He brought along two cups of hot chocolate with him since the night air was cold and offered one to Sulli. After she had accepted it along with a thank you he sat down next to her, letting his feet dangle of the rooftop. 
 
"Is something bothering you, Sulli?" He began as he turned to look Sulli in the eyes. She bit her lip as she let out a sigh. 
 
"It's just, the reason I started this shop was because I wanted to give people some peace," She looked up in the sky and closed her eyes. "Listen, Yeol-ah, what do you hear?" 
 
He was weirded out by her question at first but decided to just go with her flow. He closed his eyes and listened. "I hear the sound of cars passing by, people chatting, the cars honking,.." 
 
"Exactly," Her eyes were on Chanyeol now, "There's sound everywhere. No peace at all,"  She shooked her head a bit before taking a sip of her hot chocolate, slowly letting the hot liquid warm her insides.
 
"But aren't you at least happy that the cafe's making a lot of profits?" Chanyeol asked as he turned his head upwards to stare into the skies. He was beyond delighted that the cafe was making a huge progress. After all, this would all mean he was another step closer to being in the same standard as his father. All he has to do is plan the perfect strategy. Get enough profit, open up another branch, earn more profit and it'll be time to go worldwide. "Anyways, I was thinking we could maybe open up the next branch in Gagnam and,"
 
His words were interupted by the tiny sigh that Sulli let out.  "You know Yeol-ah, all that money we have, it can never buy us happiness," She placed her mug aside and leaned in on her elbows. "The things you can buy with it can make you happy, yes. But it can never truly buy real happiness," 
 
"Love,"
 
"Friendship," 
 
"Scratch that, true love and true friendship, since you can practically bribe people for friendship and love with money these days," She turned her head to face him. "You can't have all of that with money," 
 
"I just wanted a cafe with a peaceful atmosphere so that it could bring more people together," She finally remebered the main reason why she wanted to run this business. Give people peace and earn back peace. Help create new bonds of friendship and find love. Heck, she would go into super happy mood if suddenly one of her customers come up to her and tell her she found her true love at her cafe. She wouldn't even mind holding their wedding at the cafe if they wanted to.  
 
She gave him a weary smile and let out a tiny yawn. Chanyeol's mind was going crazy seeing her cute expressions. "I'm beat, shall we hit the sack?" 
 
"Are you inviting me to sleep with you?" His reply earned him a smack on his shoulders and she screamed "Yah" before giving him a glare. He faked a hurt face, giving out a little pout while rubbing the spot he got hit. "That hurts," 
 
"Serves you right for not being careful with that mouth of yours," Her face was a bit red, evidence of her blushing and a smirk crept out the sides of Chanyeol's mouth. "Says the girl who's blushing right now," He earned another smack on the shoulder before letting out a laugh as he saw her tryng to hide her face. She stood up abruptly, picking up her mug in the process as well and looked down at Chanyeol. "I'll be going now. Good night, Yeol-ah" 
 
As she was about to turn and leave, she felt Chanyeol's grip on her arm. A jolt of electricity went up her arms upon his touch but she managed to keep her calm. "Fine," 
 
Her brows shot up as she was confused by his words. "Fine, we'll open up the new branch somewhere that you want. Somewhere quiet," His gaze was fixed on hers and a smile escaped her lips as she heard his words. "Really, Yeol-ah? Do we have enough to already open up another branch. I mean," Her babbling was stopped when a finger landed on her lips. "Leave it all to me," He let go of her hand to
stand up. Patting her head, he gave her a smile before turning to leave. "Goodnight, ssul. See you tomorrow," 
 
Sulli couldn't contain the blush that was creeping up her cheeks as she touched the place o her head Chanyeol had patted. Just like that, without taking a sip of her hot choc, her insides already felt warm and giddy. That night she slept peacefully, as she floated of into her dreams and dreamt of his warmness. 
 
Time flew by quickly and La Cha Ta was already popular by then. Press were squirming to get an interview with the two but they declined the offers as they were busy themselves. The cafe had just went through another renovation to increase the size of the kitchen as orders started to increase. New employees had started working at the cafe and Sulli was even more delighted that Krystal and her old friend Sehun was also working there to work out. 
 
"This is temporary right, Sulli?" Krystal was anxious as she fiddled with the ends of her apron. Her eyes trailling after Sehun as he helped out Chanyeol in the kitchen. A hand landed on her shoulder as she turned to see Sulli with a smile. "Don't worry, Krys. I've already warned him not to bug you much. Besides, you're already past him, right?" 
 
Krystal returned her smile and placed her hands atop of Sulli and gave it a squeeze. "Yeah, you're right. It'll be fine. Besides, you need me right? And I need me some extra money to buy new clothes," 
 
"I'm really sorry," Krystal gave her a reassuring smile and squeezed her cheeks "Aigoo, I told you, don't sweat it baby ssul," 
 
Sulli was grateful that Krystal had accpeted the offer of helping her out. She knew she was busy with acting classes but the cafe was in a bit of trouble. The number of customers were increasing daily and the so was the orders for cakes and pastries. She was visiting Sehun the day he moved in to his dorm at the univrsity. She had found out he was in need of a part time job to rent out an apartment in Seoul and quickly gave him the offer.
 
For Krystal, well it seemed she was depressed because she lacked of clohthes to wear and wanted to go shopping at that time but was short on money. Forgetting that she had had a hsitory with Sehun, she quickly offered her a part-time job and no girl who wanted money for new clothes so badly could've declined.
As for Victoria and Amber, Sulli was getting closer to them day by day. She would often help out or just hang out by the counter and have a chat with them when their working. Victoria usually works the morning shifts as her classes were in the evening while Amber would replace her in the evenings after her class has ended. Besides Krystal, the newest barista at the cafe was a fresh graduate named Luna. She majored in singing and acting skills and decided to work there while waiting for a singing contract to come. 
 
Tao and Kris, they were practically brothers to her. She didn't know why, but she felt closer to Kris somehow. He always acted like the cool guy but with Sulli he would always be kind and warm. He noticed that Sulli was always clusmy and would always be on the lookout whenever she was near the kitchen or the counter to prevent things broken. She helped out in the kitchen once and luckily Kris was there or she could've been hur. As she was placing the last of the cups she had wiped into the cupboard, her feets slightly tiptoeing as she couldn't reach the high cabinet, she suddenly lost balance and almost bumped into the island if it weren't for Kris who had suddenly appeared to save her. 
 
"Haven't I told you ssul, leave all dangerous things to me or Chanyeol?" She flustered him a smile as he helped her stand up and dusted her clothes. "See, you've messed up your hair." He brushed her haid and rearranged her bangs before patting her head. She blushed a tinge of red in embarassment before muttering a thank you to Kris who in returned gave her another smile. 
 
 "I did promise to be your knight in shining armour," He ruffled his hair, gaining a pouting Sulli who complaint about how he had just ruined her hair which he had just fixed and he just laughed. Their relationship were more to siblings and Chanyeol was aware of that but wouldn't keep the envy out of his heart everytime he would see them together. 
 
Kyungsoo, he had thought once. Kyungsoo was also another special man in Sulli's life. He was her first love, though Chanyeol could never figure out why he was, and might still probably be. Truth be told, he kinda liked Kyungsoo. He was kind and funny and he had a sort of derpy face like him. And people always say, birds of a feather flock together. Kyungsoo, he had once concluded, was as 4D as an alien from a foreign planet called exo. He would somtimes swing his arms in the air, stare out the window with his squishy face or simply eat a whole packet of nachos with cheese or if his desperate, topped with whipped cream himself. He had finally realised why was it that one time Sulli had patted him on the back and told him, "Good luck getting used to having him around," He soon understood why the girl he had fallen for had been in love with him.Even so he was a bit weird, he was squishy cute at times and his heart was kind.   
 
At times when they were to close up the cafe, the staff would play around with each other or simply have a chat. Chanyeol would usually goof around with Kyungsoo, always having a derp face showdown or simply joke around and talk along with Tao and Kris and the newly arrived Sehun.He had found out during the hours they spent together that Kyungsoo had a killer vocal, a talent he used to charm ladies and probably another reason Sulli had fallen for him. Sehun was great at photography and Kris and Tao had been models. Luna, after hearing Kyungsoo's amazing voice could easily be found trailling after him begging him to do a duet with her while Kris would often go over to Amber and the two would whack out. Tao, on the other hand seemed to always be stuck in between the forever quarelling couple. Sulli and Chanyeol were always locked up in the office and it seemed at most the only one ever sane in their group was Victoria. They do call her the umma for a reason and she was the only one who could ever get them to settle down and eat their meals during the normal supper time. Slowly, they were soon opening up to each other bit by bit. Despite the busy and hectic daily life each of them had, managing the cafe for Chanyeol, going to classes and getting assignments done for the others, the crew seemed to have managed to find time to get to know each other and created a stronger bond. 
 
Three months has passed and Chanyeol still held back his feelings for Sulli. He knew there were signs of her liking him back, how she would blush madly everytime he made a sweet gesture or even if his hands would brush against hers a bit, but he wouldn't dare say it. Doing that will only break the contract, his won promise to himself and forever ruin the chances of him overtaking his father's shadow and finally avenging his father for a miserable life. He had promised to himself, the day his father comes kneeling in front of him would also be the day he would take her as his bride.
 
That time, Sulli and Chanyeol were busy holding a tiny meeting in their office room as they discussed the opening of the new branch. As they went over the topic of the location, somewhere peaceful as promised, the door of the office opened to reveal Krystal. Her face was showered with anger as she held a tray against her chest. "Chanyeol, can you please come out for a bit. There's an old guy and he brought two bodyguards with him and his making a scene. He's frightening the other customers and," she turned and let out a tiny gasp as she saw the scene outside before turning back to Sulli and Chanyeol again, "Kris probably has a swollen eye right now," 
 
Hearing his teammate getting beaten up, he quickly got out from his chair to settle the matter. He took a step outside and his eyes landed on the old man, his face wasn't clearly seen as he had on a hat and coat. The man stood up, taking off his hat to unveil his face and Chanyeol could feel his face burning up. "What are you doing here, father," He spat out the words as if disgusted to even call him with that. 
 
"Son," Chan Wook stared him in the eyes as he got out from behind his table, "Is that how you welcome your father?" His anger was boiling but he gripped onto his hands, trying to refrain himself from letting it out. Chan Wook leisurely strode to Chanyeol. The cafe was already silent, as all eyes were on the scene unfolding right before their eyes and tiny murmurs were heard among the customers. 
 
"He's the CEO of,"
"No way, is that his son," 
"I've read about his son running off,"
"No wonder they look the same. His name rings a bell," 
 
The murmurs continued and smirk escaped Chan Wook's lips. "You see, son, they know us. They know you. The world recognizes you as my son," He placed both hands son's shoulders and Chanyeol felt the urge to smack him as he embraced him into a hug. "We wouldn't want to create a scene wouldn't we. The third mad on the right over there is a reporter," 
 
Chanyeol eyes travelled to the man his father had mentioned and he noticed that a camera was placed on the table. His face was hidden behind a newspaper, acting as if he didn't care but he knew better than that the man was listen intently, very intenly. "Shall we continue this joyous reunion in the office, father?" He opened the door for his elderly and made way for him to enter. He sent Sulli a signal, telling her to wait outside and give them some privacy to discuss matters.
 
She had a moment of hesitation but replied him with a nod as the doors of the office closed and a clicking sound was heard. 
 
She didn't know what they had been discussing but she knew it had been bad. Chanyeol had went home in a rush as soon as his father left, making up the excuse that he was tired after a long chat with his father. She knew he was lying, judging from the reaction he gave the moment he saw his father, about how happy he was to meet his father again. Besides, she knew of the rumours about his family's reputation although she didn't knew the whole story. 
 
She was standing outside his door, her hands hesitatiog as if whether to knock and ask if he were okay or to just leave and let him settle it himself. Just as she had made her mind and wanted to knock, the door opened to reveal Chanyeol in his sweater holding a garbage in one hand. He was startled to see Sulli but nonetheless had welcomed him into his apartment. 
 
After returning from the dumping ground, he decided to serve Sulli some tea to make up for her who had been standing outside his door in the cold. They sat down in silence as Sulli took a sip of her tea, jasmine, as he would know was her favourite. She heard him heave a heavy sigh and simply gaze intently at him as his face turned into a frown. He was thinking deeply, his hands were intertwined, his elbows were placed on the coffee table and his chin rested on his fingers. He seemed troubled as he let out another heavy sigh, somehow lost in his thoughts and completely ignoring Sulli's presence. As he was about to lean into his chair, his thoughts were slightly interupted when he heard her clearing . 
 
"Are you okay, Yeol-ah?" She asked whilst biting her lip and givig him a concerning look. 
 
He didn't know why but he was suddenly every bit thankful for having Sulli in his life. She was clumsy at times, yes, but she was always more concerned of others than herself. Her sweetness and kindess, every inch of her he didn't know why, reminded him of his mother. And he would always feel warm with her. Though there were days he would cry when she seemed to resemble his mother too much. That time when she asked him to help her sleep. His mother, when she was sick, had once been troubled to sleep and had asked him to sing her to sleep. Those times when she would appear in the kitchen and taste his food, complementing them or simply telling him to add more salt. But now, it seemed, he has gotten used to that fact and learned to become grateful of her for being in his life.
 
The kindness and attentiveness she was showing then, it made him more in love with her. 
 
He gave her a weary smile, tired of thinking as he remebered his meeting with his father again. He shut his eyes again, not wanting to let his father's words penetrate him again and leaned into the chair, his fingers massaging his temples. He suddenly felt a sudden warmness on his thigh as he opened his eyes to see Sulli besides him. Her gaze were fixed on him as she spoke. 
 
"Yeol-ah, do you want to runaway?" 

A/N

 I'm back . Haha, I was never really gone. Just out of ideas. 

Let me just rant about SM here for awhile

First of all, take a look at this picture here;

l4yGUhg.jpg

do you SEE f(x) there? nope . yeah, I thought so. 

Second, the f(exo) concert. Not that I really mind it well since, sdjakjdlkasjdl f(exo) moments would just make my day. But still, four years of debut and no solo concert whatsover. We f(x) stan are still f(nameless) and colourless and you give us this? Why wasn't there a solo concert and a collab one? 

Seriously, SM get your shizzle straight. 

Don't diss f(x) like this. I've even heard a rumour that they would drop f(x). Though it's just a rumour, hopefully. 

Just venting out my anger of SM a bit, sorry T^T 

Anyways, to those who have answered my questions, a shoutout to CHAN22, sujuinfinitelove, dindots, SsulxExo thank yoooooouu very much, you know I love you. 
 
I've finished the whole damn plot and all that's left is to write it. Please wait a bit. 
Thank you for subscribing and commenting and reading up until know. Forever in love with you guys. 
 
This is still a wonderful f(exo) moment 
tumblr_mr9u559w2X1qce5x1o1_500.gif
 
Till the next update!