Yes, it's a deal

Professional Love

CHANYEOL's POV

I yawned and did a slight stretch as I waited for that crazy girl, I mean Sulli, to arrive. I checked my watch for the time and sighed. 12.45. Well, someone's obviously late. Sliding back into my chair, I opened the receipe book that had been sitting on the table and continued reading how to bake the perfect apple custard pie. Actually, I've already learned how to cook the perfect apple custard pie years ago. I'm just reading it to kill time. And so that I can silently mock him for all the wrong things he's teaching others in this book. Seriously, this book is for beginners. I turned the book to look at the author and realised that the book was for beginners, given that the book's title clearly wrote 'beginners guide to baking'

I have such a sad life. 

Unable to wait any longer and feeling somwhow like someone who just got dumped, I threw my book into the bag and got up. Pissed, I began to make my way to the exit. Suddenly the door of the cafe swung open, revealing a panting Sulli, her hair disheveled and her makeup slightly smeared.

Watching her stressed face slowly turn into a relieved face after realizing I was still here made me momentarily forget how mad I was at her for being late. I wanted to laugh seeing her cute expressions. Instead, I remained my stone-faced look as a plan began formulating in my head.  After catching her breath, she made her way towards the table at the far end of the cafe while signaling me to follow her. 

Did she not notice my I'm-pissed-off-look?

I pulled a chair and sat down opposite of her, still maintaining my angry look. I watched her as she pulled out her laptop and placed it on the table. Her ignorant attitude towards having made me wait for her caused my anger to boil. Is she blind? I let out a small cough which immediately got her attention. Noticing my angry expression, she simply rolled her eyes. Wait, what?

"You don't have to make that sort of angry face, I saw you almost laughing seeing my horrible face"  She pushed her laptop aside and made space for a book which its cover was highly decorated with pictures of cakes, the eiffel tower and some quotes, one which wrote " every business has its risks". 

" You do realize I've been waiting here for almost an hour?" I kept my angry expression since this time, I was really angry. When she saw I still had on the same expression and realizing I truly was angry, she completely lost her serious expression and was replaced with a look full of uneasiness. 

 "O.K, I'm really sorry I was late. Mr.Kang wouldn't let us out until he finished his explanation on the current chapter and this particular chapter is extremely long and so it took him quite a time to finish his explanation and" her lips seemed to tremble a bit as she continued " please don't be mad." 

I mentally cheered knowing I've finally gotten her to eat the bait. My anger had already been dissolved the moment she showed her uneasy expression. "You know I'm a busy man," She bit her lip as I continued. " If you keep this up, I might just say no to whatever deal you're going to offer me." 

"I'm really, really sorry Chanyeol and," she hesitated and threw me a weird look. "Wait, what do you mean you're a busy man? You're unemployed." Her face suddenly panicked. "Unless you're busy searching for a job. Or, or you've already gotten yourself another job?" She grabbed my hands and looked me into the eyes. "Please tell me you haven't found another job yet."

I burst out laughing, enjoying her panicked reaction. Realizing she just got played, she drew her hand from mine and slid back into her chair.

"Meanie." I picked up the menu that was already at the table and began reading through it. She took a menu as well and heaved a sigh as she also flipped through it.

"Well, since I'm starving and you made me wait for almost an hour I'm gonna be ordering a lot." I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes. After deciding on what she wanted to eat, she raised her hand and called over a waiter to take our order

"You know, for a business student you sure are childish" I rested my chin on my hands as she rolled her eyes, again.

"How do you even know I'm a business student?" 

"You make it way too obvious." 

We told the waiter our order and he quickly left us after repeating our order. I shifted my attention towards Sulli who was fiddling with her pen, obviously not knowing how to start the conversation. I kicked the table to gain her attention. Her face slightly dazed as she gave me a weird look. I sighed. It seems like I'll be the one who's going to start this conversation. 

"So, what's the deal?" 

NO ONE's POV

Oh god, that was so unprofessional. I lost it again. Mom's right I'm really clumsy at desperate times. Sulli fiddled with her pen as she kept on mentally cursing herself. Suddenly she heard a loud bang as the table was kicked from below. She snapped out from her thoughts, still dazed, and gave Chanyeol a weird look. Who..?

"So, what's the deal?"  What deal? and why am I sitting here again? Her hands stopped fiddling with her pen and she gazed up to the ceiling. Slowly she remembered the current situation.

"Oh god, yes. The deal. My deal" Chanyeol lips curved into a smile, amused at her clumsy actions. At that moment the waiter arrived with their drinks. Sulli flipped the pages of her cafe book to a page which had a lot of pictures glued onto it. She slide the book towards Chanyeol signaling him to look at it.

"I'm offering you a spot as head chef at my cafe." His right eyebrow shot up as he took the book and read it, flipping over the pages as Sulli continued her explanation.

"I'm planning on managing my own cafe soon.  The problem is, there's no one to prepare the dishes. Since I can't  really cook," Chanyeol lifted his face from the book and gave Sulli a smirk.

"A girl who admits to not being able to cook. Brave of you" Sulli rolled her eyes and continued on. "As I was saying, since I can't cook, I'm in need of a chef." Chanyeol nodded as a sign telling Sulli to go on.  

"The cafe's currently being renovated and the progress so far so good. Furnitures will be moved in as soon as renovation is completed and I'm planning on having the cafe's grand opening around a month or so from today" He caught sight of a page that was filled with pictures of pastries and deserts. He eyed every picture of the page and silently agrees that Choi Jinri does have good taste in desert as he listened to Sulli's continous explanation "I know, I know it may seem like a lot at risk. I mean, there's the slight chance that this cafe would go straight down the drain as soon as it opens up but hey, life is all about taking risks, right?" Chanyeol continued flipping the pages and stopped at a page that had GOALS at the top. He read the content aloud.

"Become the best cafe in the world" His gaze reverted from to book to Sulli and back to the book again. "Get an interview with forbes"  His eyes went through her list of goals again until he reached the end and noticed something. He closed the book and handed it over to Sulli before asking "How old are you?

"Rude, but I'm 20"

"And you want to achieve all those before you're 25? Even buy a 6 billion dollars mansion?"

"Well,now that you've said it 6 billion is kinda overpriced.."

"You're really crazy you know" Sulli simply shrugged and took a sip of her jasmine tea.

"I'll give you some time to think it over" As she said that, the waiter came again with their food. Chanyeol nodded and began cutting into his steak. His mind running through the choices he had.  Sulli bit her lip as she looked at the Chanyeol who was deep in thought. Wanting to lose her nervousness she began digging into her food.

If he says yes, there's going to be a lot at risk. She's right that there's the possibility of this cafe being a huge failure. His time and effort would be a complete waste. But then again, she's dealing with most of the risks and has already done all the preparation. All he needs to do is, well, cook. 

But if I say no, where will I go? He could try job hunting but the number of places that''s searching for a chef is almost down to zero. He might find a job as an assistant chef, but that's no fun. He might as well wash the dishes. Or I could go back home. 

Hell no.

Maybe I should say yes. He turned to see a very nervous Sulli sipping on her jasmine tea.

Just say yes, man. You've always wanted to try something challenging.

He grabbed his latte and took a sip, his gaze landed once again on her who was now muching again on her chicken chop. 

Father did always wanted me in the bussiness world. Wait, what if.. He placed his latte down and gained Sulli's attention. She placed her cutleries down, preparing herself for whatever answer the man was going to give her.

"Yes, it's a deal"  As he said that Sulli almost choked on her chicken she had in . Coughing, she took her jasmine tea and sipped it, trying to calm herself. She placed her cup slowly and her lips. "Really?" 

"Yup, but not just as your head chef." Sulli tilted her head slightly to the left in puzzlement. "I'd like to be in it as your partner"

"Pa..partners?

"Yes, why?"

"I've never really thought of having a partner.." Chanyeol began cutting into his steak and took a bite. "It's partners or no deal"

Sulli bit her lip, weighing her options. Well, with a partner, managing the cafe would be a lot easier. "Fine then, you'll be my partner." 

"Then, like I said, it's a deal." He took another bite of his steak and chewed away. She smiled at him but wasn't fully relieved at his answer. He could be fooling me. They continued eating and quickly finished their meal. As she wiped with a napkin and picked up her jasminte tea she asked Chanyeol again. 

"So you agree to be partners with me?" Sulli asked, her eyes full of hope as she tugged onto her tea cup.

Chanyeol shot a cocky grin at her and winked. " Of course, babe" She rolled her eyes upon hearing him calling her babe and took a sip of her jasmine tea. Relief spreading through her as she heard his yes again. 

This is great, this is really great. This is gonna be one huge leap towards my dream and..

"But," She paused as her inner thougts were disturbed, letting the cup sit on her bottom lip as he continued. "we need a contract" The girl went into serious mode and placed her tea cup down. She mentally facepalmed herself but still kept her business-like look. If it's a partnership she wanted, she should've have thought of this sooner. How could she forget about a contract, she's been studying business since young. She her laptop that had been sitting on the coffee table and quickly logged into her computer. Clicking on the Microsoft Words icon, she began typing a few sentences. Satisfied with her choice of words, she turned the laptop so that it would face her and the male sitting opposite her. 

"So, this is all your conditions?" Sulli nodded. Chanyeol continued on reading her list of conditions, finally nodding his head as a sign of approval. 

"That's a lot of conditions. You really do know how to handle business." Sulli shrugged " I'll email it to you later so you wouldn't forget' em. Write down your email address here." She passed on a pen and a piece of paper to Chanyeol. "So, what's yours?"

"Eh?" He gave her a puzzled look as he sipped his latte. Sulli simply rolled her eyes for what seemed to be the umpteenth time since the beginning of their meeting. "What's your conditions?"

"Oh." His mouth formed an "o" as he placed his latte on the coffee table. He stared outside the coffee shop window and his gaze landed on a couple bickering with each other. His mouth formed a slight smile as he finally thought of his condition. 

" So, you're really serious about this business?" He stared at the female figure in front of him . Sulli eyed him for a while, scanning for even a hint of playfulness in his tone and look. She was already quite used to his playful manner and jokes.But this time he was in serious-mode. She stared back at him.

"Dead-serious" 

"And you want to reach all the way to the top?"

"Yep"

"And make billions and get an interview with forbes?"

" Yes and yes

" Before you age 25?"

" I prefer before 23, but heck I'm not gonna dream THAT big"

" Then I only have one condition for that contract of ours"

" What is it" Her hands were already on the keyboard.

"We can't fall in love" 

A/N 

He finally agreed, yeay. Clumsy Sulli iss clumsy. Let's hope she'll succeed in running her own business. Hehe no worries, Chanyeol will be there for her. 

Have you watched exo's showtime? 

tumblr_mwzolrLETx1qjv087o1_250.gif    tumblr_mwzolrLETx1qjv087o3_250.gif      tumblr_mwzfhhhrdT1r86lhbo2_250.gif

Sehun's adorable :D