First Encounter

Professional Love

CHANYEOL'S POV

I placed the kitchen utensil into the sink and turned the tap on. I placed my hands beneath the running water and began scrubbing it with soap. Turning off the tap and leaving the utensils to soak, I wiped my wet hands on my apron. 

" Yes, sir, I understand" Mr. Kim was talking into the telephone .I sat on a stool near the kitchen counter and took a sip of my apple soda as I stared after Mr.Kim who had just finished his telephone call. 

"So, who was that?" Judging from the serious look the elderly man had on throughout his telephone conversation it must've been serious matter. " Was it the bank asking for their money again?" Mr.Kim took a sip of his coffee and placed in on the kitchen counter, his face clearly tensed. 

"No, it wasn't the bank." He began. "It was something regarding you, Chanyeol"

I practically swallowed whole the strawberry I was snacking on. Me? Who could've be? Have I've been found? I quickly took a sip of apple soda and regained my composure before asking again. "What did they want" 

" They're telling you to come home" Home? Who? "Your father needs you" 

"Fa..father?" I stuttered on the words. It's been awhile since I spoke the word. Father, he doesn't even deserve to be called one. "What do you mean my father needs me? Was it him you were talking to?" 

"No, it wasn't. It was his secretary.." 

I crushed the apple soda can as I turned to face Mr.Kim. "Then that means, he doesn't needs me. Unless he's the one calling, I won't be returning anytime soon"

"But,.." 

"But, what, Mr Kim?" I almost shouted at him. " Besides, how does he even knows I'm here? Who could've told him that.."

I stopped mid-sentence when I noticed Mr.Kim's face. Guilt. It was written all over his face. My blood began to boil.

"You've told me off, didn't you?" I threw the smashed can on the ground. 

"Now,son, let's not be hasty." 

"No, don't you son me, old man! I've helped you regain the popularity that this cafe once had and this is how you treat me?" I felt my ears began turning red as I held back my anger and the urge to shout. " By selling information about me to my father?"

The elderly man remained silent, obviously regretting over the decision he had made. I couldn't hold in my anger any longer. I stomped outside the kitchen, the silent Mr.Kim followed suit, probably worry I might turn his cafe upside down. I threw my chef's hat on the ground and turned my whole body facing him. Ignoring the stares I was receiving I spoke

"If this is how you're gonna treat me," I pointed my fingers towards Mr.Kim "Then I quit."

And with that I stomped my way out of the cafe, making a left turn, heading towards the bus stand to fetch a ride home. 

My life is practically over now that he knows where I'm at.

I sighed as I continued on walking lazily towards the bus stand when suddenly a figure stopped in front of me. Panting, she placed a hand on my shoulders, trying to catch her breath. After regaining her composure, she stared directly at me before speaking.

SULLI's POV

 I closed my book, slid back in my chair and reached for the cup of jasmine tea from the coffee table. I breathed out a sigh as, finally, I finished reading for the upcoming test. As I took sip of my jasmine tea, I decided to take in the surroundings of the cafe I was in. 

The walls of the cafe were painted with a natural colour giving it a sort of peaceful atmosphere, like an escape to somewhere safe, where there's only you and your drink or desert. The cafe didn't use high class furniture instead they used a sort of like vintage sofas and tables. In another corner, they decided to put a separator and use a more modern like theme. The walls were painted with bright-coloured stripes and they even used neon coloured bean bags as some of the chairs. The tables were rounded and the chairs were mostly red in colour as well. Somehow it also looked almost retro. 

I sighed as I took out another book from my bag. This book's cover was plastered with pictures of pastries, the eiffel tower and words of motivation. I call this book my "cafe book".  I turned the pages of my cafe book, stopping at a new page, took out my pencil box and drew out my favourite pen. After a sigh I began scribbling my observations of the cafe on the empty page. Satisfied with my new update of the book, I closed it and slid back in my chair again. My mind began to wander to the times when I first started this cafe book of mine.

I was 15 at that time sitting on a chair in the teacher's room, holding on to a paper asking what I dreamt of being. I wanted to write " rich lady" but then the teacher would probably just return the paper to me and tell me to rewrite it, again. I asked the teacher if I could return the form to her tomorrow as I clearly had no idea of what I dreamt of being someday and she said yes.

On my way home,  my eyes wandered to my surroundings. I noticed a man running a snack stall and imagined myself in his place instead.

Hmm..

Woah, that'd be a catastrophe. I shrugged off the thought and brought my sight to another person. This time I saw woman carrying a briefcase, she looked serious while walking, I almost thought she was a model, and gave out the fell of a professional. I was awed by her appearance and began imagining myself in her place. Me, wearing a suit, talking smoothly, agreeing to contracts, typing away on my smartphone, sitting in an office, a very,very dull looking...

Okay , stop there, I would never fit in a dull looking office. I'd be a zombie and my skin would look HORRIBLE. TERRIBLE

I continued my journey and my eye caught sight of something interesting. It was a little cafe sitting by the corner all alone. It looked a little rundown and deserted but to me it was perfection. I saw a man calmly sipping his cup of coffee and my eyes wandered over to the barista brewing a cup of coffee and heating up a cake in the microwave. I could smell the aroma of the coffee and the reheated cake from where I was standing. It gave me the chills, the good sort of chills The whole place seemed at peace and at that time I knew what I would write as my dream in that form.

No, not a barista, nor do I want to be a "person-who-looks-calm-while-sipping-a-cup-of-tea" ( Though I was quite tempted, the teacher would've gone balistics and threw her chair at me)

A professional person ,like that bussiness woman whom I encountered before. But one who isn't stuck in a dull office 24/7 and at the same time creating a little world of peacefulness for myself and others. I wanted to design, to decorate, to create creative things and inspire others

I wanted to be the manager of my very own cafe. 

And with that thought, I skipped home happily, ran up the stairs to my room, pulled out an empty journal and began scribbling

"Day One of becoming the owner/manager/chief designer of Sulli's cafe. Jjang >.< ^.^"

I shifted my sight towards the counter, focusing on the treats on displays. Cakes and scones were on sale and seemed like the muffins were all sold out. Boy, this cafe sure is doing pretty well. I continued on examining the cafe's counter, simply watching as the waiters took orders and began brewing coffee and tea, adding milk , sugar and whipped cream to the orders and finally placing them on the order counter. It was simply a fascinating process to watch.

Now my cafe plans has expanded from just wanting one small cafe in this busy town of Seoul to wanting to expand it to every corner of the world. And hopefully, one day, Paris. ( Since, it's like one of the most romantic places on Earth and what more perfect setting for a cafe than Paris, no?). I smiled to myself and slid my cafe book back into my bag and finished my tea. As I was about to get off my chair, my eyes landed on a seemingly tall figure wearing a chef uniform coming out from the kitchen. Could he be the cafe's chef? I squealed, this cafe makes the most delicious pastries I ever tasted and I was dying to meet the chef. Now, as I examined the male chef, I noticed how handsome he was. Now I really want to meet him.

I was about to make way towards him when he suddenly threw his chef hat to the ground. At that moment I realized he had an angry face on. I pulled back the chair I was previously sitting on and sat on it, deciding to watch the new drama emerging right in front of my eyes.

"If this is how you're gonna treat me," the man pointed his fingers towards an elderly man, the manager perhaps? "Then I quit."

He stomped out of the cafe, leaving everyone who witnessed the scene speechless. Suddenly, everyone was talking again, the cafe was buzzing with gossip.

"Was that the chef?"

"No way, he couldn't .."

"Isn't he that CEO's youngest son?"

Interesting. I quickly packed up my things and ran outside the cafe in hope of running into the infamous chef of the cafe. I turned to my left, seeming that it was the direction he took once he exited the cafe, and noticed the tall figure walking lazily and aimlessly towards the nearby bus stop. Seeing this as an opportunity to catch up to him, I practically ran all the way towards him.

Although I dream of running my own cafe, I never really thought of myself being my own chef. I mean, I can't even cook a decent omurice. Trying to be my own chef would be disastrous. Oh, believe me, I've tried. The day after my failed attempts of making omurice with eomma I enrolled myself for the local baking classes. Everything went pretty smoothly, though my dough was peculiarly odd, until it was time for the cakes to go into the oven.

Well, let's just say it all ended with a bang. 

Not literally, I just blew up the oven.

And caused all the other cake dough to go to waste.Which made the other participants to be mad at me

And set the kitchen on fire

Thus the reason I'm trying to chase this giant chef so that I could get him into signing a contract with me. He makes tasty treats, he's already quite well known ( from what I heard from the cafe gossips ) and is currently unemployed - maybe - so this is going to be my one and only chance of getting my head chef. Unless I meet some other willing chef but that's impossible. Besides, how can you run a cafe without a chef? 

Stopping abruptly in front of the giant male had caused a shocked expression to appear on his handsome face. Panting, I held onto his shoulders as I tried to catch my breath. Regaining my posture, I plastered a serious face and in my most business-like tone, I spoke

"  Mind if we talk some business?"

A/N

Sorry for changing it suddenly. Just received the idea!