Chapter 8

Professional Love

CHAPTER 8
 
The sound of the coffee machine brewing coffee and the oven going ding seemed to get Sulli's senses on hyped. Her face was filled with joy as she scanned the cafe. The cafe was buzzing with students and people from all walks of life who came to get a taste of the newly opened cafe's treats. Her lips formed a satisfied smile as she heaved a sigh and walked back into her, their office. Chanyeol was eyeing her from where he sat, noticing the eyebags that were beneath her eyes. She almost looked like Tao except with long hair. He chuckled at the thought of that and earned Sulli's attention. "Why are you laughing?" 
 
"Ah it's nothing" He picked up his pen and resumed writing in his book. "Did you sleep well, yesterday?" Sulli smiled at the sudden remembrance of yesterday. "Yep, thanks to you," 
 
The night before, she couldn't even get a wink of sleep thinking of the next day. She couldn't stop worrying if things would end up bad. Things like 'what if no one comes' or 'people complaining about the food' and 'the coffee tastes bad' was haunting her sleep. She kept tossing around in her bed before eventually deciding to give Chanyeol a call. She realized it was quite late but before her mind could even start an internal debate, her fingers had already pressed the speed dial to Chanyeol's number. The phone beeped a couple of times before he finally answered, his voice groggy from just waking up. 
 
She felt guilty for disturbing his sleep but nonetheless she needed it too. Chanyeol's presence seemed to have given her a calming effect. Her job would go smoothly and her old clumsy self would rarely mess her day. It was odd, but she wasn't one to complain. Her life was a lot easier that way. "Are you awake?" She facepalmed herself after realizing the stupid question she gave him. A snort was heard on the other end of the line as she heard Chanyeol answering. "You think?" 
 
"I'm sorry, I just couldn't sleep," subconsciously, she began twisting the ends of her hair as she layed in a comfortable position in her bed. "Thinking about tomorrow, it just gives me the nerves," Chanyeol chuckled, though he was a bit annoyed, he was somehow flattered Sulli chose him to be called. 
 
"Then, don't think. Just sleep" He could just imagine the frowning face Sulli was making. "How? It's easy for you to say. Your whole life isn't on the line." 
 
"Just think happy thoughts Sulli. Here, I have a suggestion," Chanyeol repostioned himself, laying on his chest as he stared out the open window above his bed. "How about I tell you a story to make you relax?"
 
He heard her let out a 'pfft' before replying. "Please, your stories are always sad. It's just going to make me cry and not sleep even more," He smiled unknowingly, thinking of how cute she looks right now, her hair a mess, lying down in her bed. "Then, I'll make the story this time a happy one. I promise." 
 
She stopped fiddling with the ends of her hair as she pulled her blanket up to her chest. Heaving out a sigh she spoke into the phone again. "Enlighten me then" 
 
"There was once a young girl, who dreamt of opening up the world's best ever cafe," Chanyeol started as Sulli clamped her eyes shut, "She wanted to make the whole world happy with her happy coffee receipe so she set out to achieve her dreams." 
 
"Along the way, she met with an incredibably handsome prince," She let out a snort and mumbled a "yeah,right" softly before letting him continue. "He was her happy virus and soothing friend," He heard her soft murmur of "yeah" and the sound of a bed creaking as Sulli repositioned herself to lay on her right.  
 
"Together along with some other friends they opened up her cafe of dreams and spent a lot of time together," He could hear soft snoring from the other end of the phone and he realized she was already asleep, "One thing the little girl didn't notice was that her happy virus had probably fallen for her" and with that, the line went dead as he quickly disconnected the call.
 
A sudden blush crept to his cheecks and he felt his ears began to turn red as he remembered his confession to her last night. He had spent some time tossing and rolling in bed thinking what if she had heard his last lines but had quickly fallen asleep after realizing how tired he was. He woke up a bit late today but managed to arrive on time before Sulli unlocked the doors to the cafe's entrance, escaping another round of nagging from her. 
 
Noticing that Sulli was acting completely normal around him, he decided to take it as a sign she didn't hear his phone confession and began to relax. After all, it was him who didn't want any of them to fall in love. He couldn't break the contract even before the cafe has taken a run. What would happen to his plan to defeat his father then? 
 
Pushing aside his feeling towards Sulli, he concentrated on his work. He was gently kneading the dough that would serve as the batter for his carrot cake. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was busy dicing up the carrots and preparing the cream. As he prepared to pour the mix into the pan and placed it in the oven, Sulli came skipping into the kitchen happily towards Kyungsoo.
 
 It's been a while since Sulli had last met with Kyungsoo. The last time they met was the day she left for Seoul. She and Kyungsoo had been best friends since high school and to finally be able to see him everyday since he'll be working part time here was such a miracle. She had a lot of things that she wanted to tell Kyungsoo and so did he. As she chatted along with Kyungsoo, she couldn't ignore that her heart no longer made tiny flips every time he laughed or said anything.
 
As the two began chatting away happily Chanyeol couldn't ignore the queazy feeling that was beginning to form in his guts. Jealousy. That was definitely the feeling. Remembering his own promise, he ignored the feeling and continued his work. The cake was already in the oven and all that was left is to clean up. He dumped the bowls and utensils into the sink, purposefully a bit too loud, earning the attention of the two friends. They stopped chatting and turned to look at him. 
 
"Kyungsoo, if you don't mind, please do the dishes. I have to cook the fettucini pasta the customer's ordering" He the stove and placed a pot filled with water over the water to let it boil. While he was busy stirring the pasta sauce, he felt a hand tugging on his uniform. "Hey, are you okay?" He turned to look at her with a hardened gaze. Sulli was looking at him, her eyes filled with concern and his gaze immediately soften. "I'm fine, go back to your Kyungsoo,ssul,"   
 
A smirk formed on as she heard his reply. "I smell jeaousy here," Chanyeol clicked his tongue as he replied her with a sarcastic tone. "Are you okay? I'm obvioulsy cooking pasta not jealousy. Have you checked your nose lately?" She let out a chuckle and gave Chanyeol a pat on his back. "Yeol-ah, Kyungsoo's my brother's best friend and one of my guy best friend as well. We go way back so we were just catching up a bit," She fiddled with her fingers, suddenly turning a bit shy, "Besides, I used to like him," At that moment his  heart almost sank but noticing that she said the sentence in the past tense, meanings she doesn't like him anymore, he relaxed. "So you don't like him anymore, huh?" 
 
"Maybe," Sulli let out a cheeky grin and pinched his cheeks. "Aigoo, you're so cute when you're jealous." She took the spoon in his hand and tasted the pasta sauce. "Mmm, tastes great. This should be fine," She gave him another pat on the back before skipping off and leaving Chanyeol with his pasta. "You don't even know how to cook" His gaze travelled  after her as she spoke with Amber who was busy brewing some coffee. His mouth unknowingly forming a smile seeing her laugh. 
 
"Hey, Chanyeol, where's the order. The customers are waiting," Tao's loud voice boomed into his head as he woke up from his daydream. He muttered a sorry before serving the pasta onto two plates and passing it on to Tao. He gave Chanyeol a weird look before shaking his head a bit and heading out to deliver the pastas. Chanyeol placed a palm over his forehead before leaning over the kitchen counter. I've got it bad.
 
"So, how's your first day of work?" Sulli was eyeing Victoria as she squeezed the whipped cream onto the caramel ice blended she made. "Fun. I guess," 
 
"Fun? In what way?" The caramel ice blended was placed on the order counter along with a slice of cheesecake before Victoria ringed the bell. "It's fun to see you and Chanyeol fighting all day long. You guys are.. cute," Sulli chuckle as she picked up a strawberry and popped it in as she offered Victoria one. She accepted the fruit and took a bite of it. "So, you're majoring dance?" 
 
"Yep. I'm more into ballet but hip hop's not so bad either," A customer came and Victoria popped the last of the strawberry into before stroding over to take her orders. She plastered on a smile as she stated the total, received her money and returned the balance. She quickly went to prepare the customer's order of a decaf latte and espresso. "So, what made you want to open up this little cafe of yours?" Victoria suddenly asked and Sulli smiled. "I've always wanted to give people a little piece of happiness and calm," 
 
"Ah, I take it you're one of those 'I should give more to the world' type?" Sulli let out a chuckle as Victoria placed the orders onto the counter and ringing the bell again. "Not really. More of a 'I really like world peace' and 'I think these things are cool' type?" Victoria gave her a little nod and leaned on the counter. She wasn't quite clicking it off yet with Sulli but it's probably just because she hasn't known much and she kept thinking of her as her employer. She remembered Sulli telling her and Amber to take her as more of a friend and co-worker than someone higher up and besides Vic was older than Sulli. So she decided to play it cool and act like she normally would. "So, you're majoring business?" 
 
"Yep. Heck I'm not even sure I can handle the cafe and my studies well now. I just realized how hectic running a business can be." Victoria let hang open a bit "That coming from someone who's majoring business? You should've thought of that sooner though. "
 
Sulli clicked her tongue."Let's just say, I'm more on the ambitious and daydreamer rather than realistic type at most times" She waved her hands in the a bit as she spoke.  
"Should I start thinking of finding another job?" She placed a hand on Sulli's shoulder and gave her a sympathic look earning a glare from Sulli. She stiffled back a laugh as she saw Sulli's reaction. "I'm joking" Her laugh exploded and soon Sulli joined in laughing twice as loud as hers. They stopped laughing when an elderly customer gave them the eye and told them to be quiet. Sulli mumbled a quick apology before turning back to Victoria and the two giggled in silence.  
"You're not that bad, Choi Jinri"
 
"Back at you unnie"  
 
"Ah, unnie are you staying with Amber unnie?" 
 
"Yep. We've been roomies on the first day of college and decided to move out together. You know, to see another side of Seoul," formed a tiny o as she nodded at Victoria. Amber had already left the cafe since she had classes and Victoria had already arrived for her shift. 
 
"So, do you think this cafe is going to turn out great? I kinda hope it does," She was fiddling with the ends of her hair, a sort of habit she's become accustomed to lately when she's nervous or uncomfortable and her eyes were set on the floor. She felt Victoria's hands on her shoulders and she tilted her gazed moved upwards, facing Victoria's face. 
 
"Don't worry Ssul, it's going to turn out amazing," The elder gave her a reassuring smile and patted her shoulders before walking back to the counter as another customer approached. "Hello, may I take your order?"
 
Her lips formed a smile at Victoria's words. Sulli mouthed a thank you when she turned to grab a cup and she replied with another smile. She turned and made her way back into the kitchen. Her mind filled with happy thoughts as she had succesfully made another kind friend.
 
The first day ended well. People came in and go, leaving the cafe with smiling faces as complimenting Chanyeol if they spotted him for the delicious food and even leaving some tips. There were boxes of presents that both Sulli and Chanyeol received, congratulationg them for their grand opening. Krystal had stopped by when it was almost closing time, barging in the cafe quiet loudly and shouting Sulli's name repeatedly until she came out of her office, quickly clamping shut and dragging her along back into her office.Along the way, Sulli bowed and mumbled quick sorry's to the remaining customers. Inside the office room, she gave Krystal and menancing glare and ordered her to seat on a chair and Krystal pouted a bit before obediently taking her seat. 
 
"I just wanted to give you a congratulatory gift," It was then that Sulli noticed the big box that Krystal was carrying and formed a tiny o, overwhelmed by hier friend's thougtfulness. At that time she couldn't hold back the joy she felt and envoloped Krystal in a hug, crushing her lungs in the process of it. "Um, Ss..ul, you, can, I can't breathe" She quickly let go of Krystal and wiped back a tear. "I'm sorry, Krys, I'm just too overwhelmed with everything. People are coming and saying everything's wonderful and oh my gosh, it's just the first day" She turned to hug Krystal again, this time a lot less bone crushing and whispered into her ears. "I'm so happy
 
Krystal hugged her best friend. It's been awhile since she've seen her cry and it's good thing she's crying now because of happiness. "I'm glad for you too. Here. Do you want your present or not?" She broke off from their hugged and shook the box in front of Sulli's face. "Anything from you, I'll gladly take,"
 
"Just don't take my boyfriend away," Sulli let out a laugh as she placed the box onto the office table alongside the other presents she received that day, "If, you ever get a boyfriend. That Baekhyun guy seemed nice," Krystal made barfing noises as she glared at Sulli. "Heavens, no. Never in this world. Aren't you going to open my present?" She hummed a little tune as she rearranged the files on the shelves and dusted away some dust. "I'll open it with Chanyeol later. Don't worry, I'll save the yours for last"
 
"You better do that. Always save the best for last." She got up from the chair and strode over to the boxes of present. A picture frame caught her eye and she decided to pick it up, "So, is Chanyeol treating you well these days?" Sulli was now bending over the table to take out files from the drawer . She retrieved the file and placed it on her desk before scribbling down in it. "Yep. He's being useful today. Thank god." Krystal placed the frame back to its original place and wandered around the office a little more, deciding to give herself a personal tour. 
 
"Ah Krys. did I tell you Kyungsoo's working here?" Krystal swiveled to face Sulli with a delighted expression. "What, he's here? I've heard Jongin's coming over next week. We can have a reunion party." 
 
"Why the hell would I want to have a reunion party with my brother?" Sulli placed the file back into the drawer and re-tied her hair. "Besides, you totally forgot Sehun," Krystal gave out a little pout
 
"That's cause he's mean." 
 
"He only seems mean to you since he's your ex, Krys," Sulli chuckled and Krystal groaned as her eyeballs shot up. "Please don't remind me of that. God, I don't even remember why I liked him"
 
"You said it was cause he's hot," Sulli glanced at her wrist watch and grabbed for the keys on the table and her bag. She grabbed hold of Krystal hand and opened the door. "Come on Krys, time to leave. We're having an after party at home." 
 
Krystal's face glowed in delight but as soon as she remembered Sulli's definition of an after party her face dimmed down. "Oh yeah," Her hands flew into the air and she flexed her pointer and middle finger as she continued, "after party" 
 
"What after party?" Chanyeol appeared when Sulli was busy locking the office door. He had changed out of his chef uniform and back into his casual clothings. Sull bit her lip as she hesitated in answering. "Uhh, just me and Krystal goofing off?" His brows shot up as he gripped onto his backpack. "And what exactly do you mean by goofing off?" She began her lips and tighten her grip on Krystal's arm. It's not that she didn't want to tell she was more to well, embarassed to say it. Krystal realizing her friend was amost close to a breakdown deciding to act. "The usual. Get drunk and dance all night," Sulli's eyes bulged as she heard Krystal's answer but before she could defend herself. Chanyeol put up a hand. "Then, I'm coming with you," 
 
There goes my night.
 
"Don't worry Ssul, just pretend as if he isn't there with us," Krystal whispered into her ears as she locked the front doors of the cafe. She let out a sigh and gave her a nod before they started their journey home. 
 
Chanyeol was sitting on the living room couch as he rested his elbow on the coffee table, placing his chin on his hands and heaved out a sigh.. He finally realised Sulli's defintion of an after party and what Krystal meant by getting drunk and dance all night was getting drunk with candy and chips and dancing to cheesy love songs all night. Victoria had followed them home and tried texting Amber to come along but Amber replied that she couldn't come since she had to study for a quiz. Chanyeol shook her head as he watched the three laugh at each others jokes while painting each others. This is more like a slumber. 
 
After the two had finished with their little mani and pedi session it was on the Movie Marathon. They watched the Titanic and Krystal ended up sobbing hysterically until she fell asleep leaving Sulli and Chanyeol together. She eyed him as he did a little stretch and reached for the remaining chips as the credits began to roll on the screen. "So, is this how you define after party?" HE asked through a mouthful of chips and Sulli chuckled. He sounded cute. "Yep. Sorry Krystal gave you the wrong idea. Besides, I don't drink," He gave a slight nod and turned his head towards the tv as it went into commercials. 
 
Not knowing what to do, Sulli decided to ask Chanyeol if he wanted to unwrap the presents they got and he replied with a nod. After returning from her room with the presents she and Krystal brought home from the cafe, she placed it delicately onto the coffee table before picking up a box and unwrapping the present. Chanyeol did the same and they continued to unwrap the presents. There were photo frames, shop decorations and someone even gave them shopping vouchers. Sulli arrived at the last present which was Krystal and began unwrapping it slowly. She let out a tiny gasping sound when she saw what was inside.
 
It was a photo album and inside were pictures of Krystal and her since they first met. The first page showed their first slumber party and the next pages were every moment they had spent time together. There were pictures of her birthday parties, polaroids of them vaining together and the last page made the tears that was welling in her eyes fell down her cheecks. It was a picture the picture of her wearing a suit and beside her was Krystal who had on sunglasses and was wearing a fabulous gown made for the red carpet, Kyungsoo in his chef uniform and holding a spatula and receipe book, Sehun who was smiling while holding up a camera and Jongin in a performance outfit posing in one of his dance moves.A picture of a cafe had been edited to the back along with some iconic buildings. She stifled a tiny laugh as she saw that Krystal had edited in a tiny Chanyeol wearing chef outfit as well into the picture.The main picture was surrounded with tiny stickers and cutouts of the Statue of Liberty, The Eiffel Tower, The London Bridge and other iconic buildings. Her eyes travelled to the bottom of the page and she noticed that Krystal had left her a message.
 
Jinri -yah
 
Congratulations on the grand opening of your cafe. You have finally started towards your dream.
You're going to be rich soon, so buy me a Porsche. Haha
Wait for me okay? I'm going to get a big role soon and I'll be marching into your cafe with papparzi's trailling after me.
Do you remeber this picture? It was the one we edited during our last summer together. '
Don't ever forget our promise of being together forever! 
 
Forever Dream Team's beautiful Ice Princess ,
Jung Soojung 
 
She wiped the tears on her cheecks as she closed the album. She noticed that Chanyeol had scooted over to her and placed an arm around her shoulders trying to calm her down. She was sobbing as hysterically as Krystal had while watching Titanic, she couldn't handle it. Subconsciously, she hugged Chanyeol and was sobbing madly into his shirt. 
 
Unsure of what to do, Chanyeol gently patter her back as he continued to mumble into her ears. 
 
"It's okay Sulli, let it all out. I know you're too happy," He heard him chuckle as he placed his chin on her head. She could imagine him smile and her sobs began to fade.
 
That night, Sulli felt her heart beat increasing again as she inhaled his scent. She couldn't deny the fact that she was in love with Chanyeol any longer.  

A/N 

Hello wonderful readers. How's the new chapter? 

Thank you for subscribing and commenting. I LOVE YOU ALL TO BITS. 

tumblr_mxppkz2u2O1rto225o2_250.gif  tumblr_mxppkz2u2O1rto225o1_250.gif

Yeah, I'm not good at emotional feels since I don't really much, I guess. Meh

Biq questions of the day: YEHEHHH

1) Would you kill me if I killed someone in this story? 

2) Should I end this with a twist ?

MUAHAHAHHA A BIG SHOUTOUT TO sarahhanim , don't spoil i. YEAH DON'T HEHEH OR I MIGHT NOT RECONSIDER THINGS

I shall reconsider your answers, maybe

tumblr_mxp3xfefb91qjv087o1_250.gif

If anyone does answers

 Yehhhhhheeeeee 

Goooood dayyyy. *sings IU's good day*