Byun Bacon

Professional Love

BAEKHYUN

I threw my bag onto my bed and stripped off my clothes. I stepped into the shower and the tap, letting the water flow and picturing my tiredness being washed away as it flows along the water and into the drains. Feeling refreshed, I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out of the shower. After having brushing my teeth, I threw on some clean clothes and plummeted into the softness of my bed. The day spent with Chanyeol, Sulli and Krystal had almost totally drained me out, especially when it came to dealing with the ever so annoying Krystal. I wrapped myself into the comfortness of my blanket and drew in a deep breath of its scent. 

Somehow, mom's blanket always keeps me calm. Oh , mom..

I chased away the memories of her that was creeping onto me to prevent any future tears and a sobbing 22 year old, sitting alone on the toilet seat while biting on his blanky, I mean, blanket. I rolled over in my bed and spread my hands wide open while trying to relax again. Once my mind became fully emotionally stable, I began thinking of dad's phone call. 

"My son, I have a job for you," Upon hearing dad's words, he quickly sat up from his bed.

"I need you to follow Miss Choi Jinri again, " Dad spoke through the speaker phone, his voice somehow a bit faint, probably tired of running all the errands the big jerk CEO Park has given him. " It seems that young master Park has involved himself with her cafe business. I will email you the complete details. Please send in the reports every week. I expect yo to do well, my son" I heard the sound of a click and with that, the line went dead.

Not even a how-are-you-doing-son-question came out of his mouth

Credits to the jerk CEO Park for turning my dad into a heartless human being.

Throwing my feeling of hatred towards a certain millionaire, I diverted my attention back to the main topic, my new additional target, Choi Jinri.

I'm sorry Chanyeol-ah, but you're my main target. I have my reasons though, you'll find out soon when the time comes. I bit my lip, trying to refrain the feeling of guilt that appeared once again for the umpteenth time inside. I've been friends with Chanyeol since toddlers.  

His mother had always been very kind to us Byuns and and had reminded me of mom Because of that I was close to her and I met Chanyeol through her. His mother invited me to help out baking Christmas cookies along with Chanyeol. That was the first time we properly introduced ourselves to each other, I usually only get to see a glimpse of him while playing around the Parks huge mansion. Our first meeting concluded of Chanyeol consistently tugging on his mother's hands whenever she's attending to me and giving me glares and envious looks if she's more attentive towards me than him.

I chuckled remebering how childish he used to be. 

A day later, he came to me carrying a rose. He turned his head to the side and gave me the rose, muttering a squeaky sorry. The me who was 3 got weirded out and couldn't process his words. He glared at me and as he apologised again, his cheeks turned red from embarassment. 

"I'm sorry I was being such a jerk for wanting my mom all to myself. She's my mom and well, she was all googly eyes over you and I couldn't stand that" He spoke too fast I barely understood a word. "I'm sorry I didn't know about your mother, you know, being, d.." Before he could utter the word, I placed my little finger over his lips and shot him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I forgive you." 

Upon hearing me forgiving him, Chanyeol smiled brightly, looking like a happu idiot. His smile was somehow infectious, like a happy virus and I ended up smiling like an idiot myself. That day, we played with snow and shook hands, marking the start of out beautiful relationship.

When he was 6, he and his family had to move away to the states. Dad had to come along since he works as the CEO Park's secretary. I was left behind and had to stay with my cousin. Dad calls almost everyday and I'd ask him about Chanyeol. Sometimes Chanyeol would suddenly appear on the other end of the line and he would tell me endless stories of his adventures there. Many were stories of him and his mother together. 

But then one day, a call came while I was sleeping. My voice sounded raspy as I answered the phone sleepily. I expected either a loving father's voice or a hyped Chanyeol. But on the other end of the line were the sound of crying.

This was when twist started.

I flew to the states, of course Chanyeol payed for it, and attended his mother funeral. For days he wouldn't come out of his room and wouldn;t let anyone, except for me, in. After weeks of consoling him, he finally began to smile. But since then he wasn't the same Chanyeol anymore

Don't get me wrong, he was still the happy virus Chanyeol since young, but the previous Chanyeo had always been an obedient child.

Three months later, after the death of Chanyeol's mother, he had to welcome a new step-mother into his life.To make it even worse, his father announced his marriage during his 9th birthday, the day he usually spends with his mother. He suddenly became rebellious, often throwing tantrums and attempting to run away to Seoul with me. Those were the hard days. A month later, I had to return home since I still had school. I was worried of leaving the troubled Chanyeol behind and asked if he really wanted to run away to Seoul with me. He replied me with a smile. 

"Don't worry Bacon, I'll be there with you soon"

And 10 years later, he arrived at the door step of my apartment along with three large luggages. He smiled before embracing the still shocked me with a hug."Told you I'd be here soon, Bacon"

A day later, dad called and asked if Chanyeol was there. His voice sounded panicked as he requested me to follow Chanyeol everywhere and email him daiy reports. Of course I objected but then he told me his life was on the line and I started to freak out. The jerk CEO was threatening to fire him if I didn't help out and knowing the heartless man that wealthy CEO is, dad won't be able to return to Korea easily. So, I accepted the task. 

This is for dad.

Feeling the guilt finally being washed away, I snapped out of my flashback and quickly got out of my bed again. I strode to my laptop, setting my focus once again on the job at hand. I turned the device on and waited for it to load while thinking of Choi Jinri

The first time I caught sight of her was when I was busy hiding myself behind a bush while trailing after Chanyeol. It was the day he quit his job and that crazy chick popped out of nowhere, suddenly wanting to talk about hiring him as her new chef. I noticed, eventhough she was almost out of breath, she still looked beautiful. A natural beauty as they say it.

 Once it finished loading I quickly opened my email and opened a recent new message. I clicked on the attached folder icon and began scrolling through it. The folder contained complete information of Sulli icluding the pictures I took of her while she was with Chanyeol. I silently read the whole document, highlighting important details in my mind.

I already researched her cafe and memorized its address when I stopped by to take pictures of it. Her cafe seems to be progressing well and although it isn't fully done yet, it has the feels of a succesful store. I skipped the information about her current life, which university she's studying and where she's studying now and such, since I already obtained this information. I continued scrolling down until I reached her history. Haha, you never know when you can use old memories as a lethal weapon. 

Although her family isn't rich but is also almost close to poor, her father being a fisherman and her mother a tailor, they seem to live a happy and content life. She has two older brothers,both now succesful, an older twin brother with a handsome look and an adorable younger brother who seems to be 8 years younger than her.Judging from her childhood photos, god knows how those people obtained these, her life seemed to revolve around boyish sports such as soccer and basketball, probably the cause of her life being surrounded by brothers. She started to become a girl when she turned 15 and when she met Krystal which is obvious since at that point, almost all of her pictures included her, her twin along with Krystal and a derp-faced short guy.

I cotinued reading until I was satisfied with the newly obtained information of my additional target and decided to tuck into bed. Once again plummeting myself into the softness of my bed and wrapping the blanket around myself ,succesfully turning into a human hotdog, I began rolling around. My mind was commanding me to sleep but at the same time it kept flashing a certain someone's picture into my brain. 

Jung Krystal

Her brilliant smile today caught my eye. She has quite an interesting character if you minus her annoying side, of course. Although she appears cold and evil, everything changes when she smiles or laughs. It makes her seem more appealing rather than her usual cold image and more like an adorable child. Beautiful

Suddenly remembering the first sentence she said too me earlier that day I bit back a laugh. 

"You watch your mouth Byun Baekhyun, the next thing you know is you're going to end up falling in love with me"

I'm sorry Krystal but, that can't happen

A/N 

HELLO THERE BEAUTIFUL READERSSS. 

I guess you already knew who the spy was long ago? 

HAHA, sorry for killing you too early . I wanted to keep Baekhyun's reason of spying but then,.. nvm. hahaha 

Don't worry, there'll be other twistsssss in this story ! Please anticipate it. 

Anyways, Byun Baekhyun is here with his side of the story. Hope you like him.

tumblr_mxfz2r7EPE1qgxuxro1_500.jpg

Why can't Baekhyun love Krystal? Will he fall in love with her? Heheh, we'll find out soon! 

Thank you for reading! And thank you all my lovely subscribing and for those whoever commented, I love you too. 

Read, subscribe and comment!

Till the next update!