Chapter 14

Professional Love

Sulli was utterly confused beyond anything since that day they returned home after getting lost in London. 

They had arrived safely, their clothes dripping wet from running in the rain, on the front porch of Luhan's mansion. As soon as they were inside, she had expected him to at least perhaps to have a shower together but no. Chanyeol simply took off his coat and went upstairs to his room, not even sparing a single glance towards her. She thought he was going through yet another sad moment of remembrance towards her mother since she had stupidly brought up a question relating to his dead mother and decided to ignore it. He would sooner or later come around to his usualperky self.

 And he did turn back to the happy virus Chanyeol towards everyone. Except for her.

Jinri sat on the couch of the mansion's living room, sipping a glass of iced tea as her eyes watched Chanyeol cracking a joke with the others. She was confused to why he hadn't spoken not a single word to her throughout the day. He had been his usual joyful self the whole day, grinning like an idiot as he attempted a stupid face and telling stupid jokes but the moment he turned to her, his smile and cheerful aura disappeared. 

The matter had continued for days and weeks, even after they've returned from their London trip. He would talk monotonously with her, his expression blank though his plans and ideas were still brilliant as always. She had tried several to approach him ,asking him a few friendly questions such as how had his day been, how was he, brewing him a cup of coffee but all she ever got in reply was always a simple shrug or the most a thank you and a thin smile. 

Months passed and she was near to insanity. She missed the old kind, loving and approachable Chanyeol he had been towards her. Day by day she was getting even more fluster seeing him moving around cheerfully talking to others but instantaneously turning into a emotionless robot whenever he interacted with her. So one day, she decided to get things into her own hands. 

The cafe's business had been progressing tremendously well and their profits had been increasing. Chanyeol seemed ecstatic, somehow he forgotten his plans of ignoring Jinri in hopes she would as well ignore him and treat him as much of an acquitance rather than a close friend, and ran up to Jinri ,picked her up and throwing her around in circles, before settling in for a hug. 

"Well someone seems friendly again today," Jinri's beautiful voice against his ear sent a shiver down his spine as he reopened his eyes and realized what he was doing. Awkwardly, he broke the hug and took a couple of steps away from a smirking Jinri. He rubbed the nape of his neck and turned his head away, muttering a quiet "Sorry,"

Jinri's eyebrows rose, her face still calm with a smirk on it. Though inside, she was already jumping with joy. She knew it had all been an act, he probably has reason to have treated her that way and she was about to find out why. Just as Chanyeol was about to walk away, she pulled him into their office, quickly and locked the door behind her. She threw him on the sofa and folded her hands against her chest. 

"Explain," she walked around to her office table and place both hands on the glass surface. "Explain everything, Park Chanyeol," 

"What do you mean?" he kept on a straight face but his insides were anxious. He had been keeping this act up for so long that only then that he realized how much he longed for her affection once more. 

Toughen up, eggyeol

Jinri rolled her eyes at his reply and began to make her way towards him. Her eyes were fixed on his face, studying the changes in his emotions with her every single step. 

His eyes twitched when she got closer and she knew, he was close to losing it. Slowly, and deliberately, she placed both her hands on his sides, her face an inch from his that she could smell the strong scent of his cologne. His bangs were swept to one side, making it easier for her to stare right into his chocolate brown eyes.

Chanyeol bit his lip in order to restrain himself. They were so close, so damn close he could almost not resist the urge..

"Tell me, Chanyeol. You know I can always try and help," her tone was evidently full of tender care and love that he lost it right then. He closed the gap between them and kissed her, right on the lips. 

Jinri was shocked at first but as his hands travelled to her neck deepening his kiss and biting on her lower lip, she could not restrain herself from kissing back and giving him full entrance to . She fell on the couch with Chanyeol hovering above her, as they continued to kiss and only stopped when they heard a knock on the glass window

They both froze and turned to see the whole crew smirking at them from behind the glass

They forgot that the blinds weren't close

A blush crept up Jinri's cheeks as they quickly untangled their bodies from each other and stood up. She smoothed her clothes and hair while Chanyeol simply ruffled his messed up hair and fixed up his shirt. Outside the crew had already dispersed from the window but she knew them well that they were waiting in the kitchen, their face all wearing knowing smirks. 

"Ready?" Chanyeol's voice brought her out of all her horrible thougts and she looked down to see he had a hand extended. Taking a deep breath, she gracefully accepted his offer and placed her hands into his before walking out of their office together. She noticed, that his hand felt big and warm wrapped around hers and she felt her confidence level rising up a bit.

Stepping out of the office room, they were showered with strings of confetti and the sound of wine bottles being popped open. Soojung and Sehun stepped up to the front carrying a cake with a lighted candle. On the cake wrote, we won , in cursive letters using icing . Jinri raised a brow and turned towards Chanyeol who had mirrored a move and he simply shrugged. She closed her eyes to blow out the candle, her mind ordering her to just simply go with the flow, when she felt a sudden smack on her face and she opened her eyes to discover her whole face was covered with cake. 

"We won the bet!" Soojung screamed excitedly into Jinri's face and threw her hands into the air yelling out a loud whoop and giving the others high fives. Jinri wiped off the cake from her face and walked up to the still excited Soojung before spreading her handful of cake right onto her face. Soojung's reaction was downright hilarious, Jinri thought. Her jaw was left hanging and the shocked expression she had was priceless. "That's for making a bet and winning without us knowing,"

"Oh, you are so going to get it," Soojung picked up the smashed cake and threw it towards Jinri. Jinri quickly ducked and the cake flew and smacked right onto Kris's face. He wiped some cake of his face and smirked.

"FOOD FIGHT!!!!,

That night, the kitchen was transformed into a battle zone as eggs were used as grenades, icing tubes acted as if they were fire throwers and the kitchen slowly turned into an utter mess. Jinri thought, as she picked up a slice of bitten carrot cake and aimed it towards Amber, this is going to cause a lot of work to clean up. But she didn't mind because she was happy. She was with her friends, her business was doing great, and she had already with her the happy Chanyeol back - she was certain and determined to find out his reasons later on. She turned around and was greeted by Chanyeol, a cake in his hand, and for the first time since awhile he was smiling at her. Everything's alright. 

Little did she knew, how wrong she was.


The Park's Mansion

The creaking sound of the door to his study opening caused the President to turn. He stood there by the window as the servant entered carrying a tray. On it placed a single mail. The servant carefully placed the packaging onto his table. He bowed to the President before leaving the room. 

Mr.Park strode over to the table and picked up the single packaging. With a snap of his fingers, his secretary, Byun Tae Jie, seemingly to have appeared from the shadows, came to his side. "Yes, Mr President?" 

Mr.Park tore open the packaging and flipped through the contents. A smug smile formed on his lips as he continued to flip through the photos and studied the document that came along. "I see your man is still doing well spying on my son," 

He placed the contents of his packaging back onto his table and turned to face the middle-aged man. Leaning against his oak table, he clapped his hands together and let out a content sigh. A chuckle escaped his lips. "It is time to strike my son right at his core,"  


AUTHOR's NOTE

OHHH LALALALALAL. askjdkajdkljsadk hellllooo does this count as a double update. whatev I just sorta want to get rid of all the ideas exploding insdie my heaadddd. huahuahasdadjksd this story might end soon hulaaza such a spoiler alert. anyways thanks for all the upvotes and comments adn subscribing eh me gerd i love you all. 

NOW, i'm off to watch some good anime and sleep 

lazy to proofread cause i/m to swaggy, kidding just lazy . please comment thank you. *showers readers with hearts bye bye