Chapter 7

Professional Love

Author's POV

"As much as I would like to get this whole meeting done and over with ASAP, I seriously object to that" Chanyeol lifted a finger and motioned it left and right, indicating he was giving Sulli's proposal a "no,no,no." Sulli bit her lip, trying to refrain herself from an outburst. She was annoyed with Chanyeol who had done nothing but refuse, reject and decline every single proposal she has given. Not once has he tried improvising or even giving his own opinion. 

"Then, what would you suggest, Park Chanyeol," She fanned herself with her hands, wanting to simmer down the anger that was boiling within her. Chanyeol gave her a slight shrug and clicked his tongue. "Eh, I don't know babe. Your cafe, your ideas." Hearing his answer, her hands had already formed into fists as she gritted her teeth let out a low hiss. Clearly, she was at the verge of losing it. She had thought that having a partner would make everything much easier and more profit would come. They could discuss matters such as a great serving menu, what to serve for breakfast, lunch and dinner, special menus, combos and seasonsal special, together. But clearly, with Park Chanyeol, she was way wrong. 

Firing him was not an option so it seems, she was the one who had to make things work. It dowsn't feels much like I have a partner at all. She sighed as she relaxed herself and released her clenched fist, bringing her hands up to her temples instead to give it a massage. "Nevermind, Yeol-ah. I'll just decide this thing on my own later and email it to you. Now, what's the news on our supplier?" Chanyeol gave her a quick glance and answered with a quick "Fine" before returning his gaze towards his phone screen where he was playing Minions Rush. He cursed loudly when he lost and breathed out a heavy sigh before placing his phone aside. His eyes looked up only to see an angry looking Sulli glaring at him, looking almost like she could chew every bits of him to pieces. He gulped silently before raising his brows and putting his hands up as if he was caught doing crime by a policemen, working his innocent look and forming a guilty smile. "Sorry?" 

Fuming, Sulli threw a paper document at Chanyeol's head and stomped out of the room while shouting curses at Chanyeol "Stupid, useless, moron. What use is he as a partner if he won't even pay the least bit of attention during a meeting. Ugh" and with that she slammed the door shut, leaving a gawking Chanyeol who was surprised at the angry Sulli. Realising the mess he had made, he quickly stood up from his chair and chased after Sulli who was packing up her stuffs and putting on her coat. She was still muttering curses meant for Chanyeol as she pulled up her bag onto her shoulder and reached for the handle.

"Wait, Sulli, I'm sorry" 

"What?" She screeched as she gave him a death glare. Feeling somewhat suddenly scared of the usually cheerful female he was confronting, he swallowed his saliva and his lips. "How about we go back in and continue with our discussion and." His voice trembled and cracked as he spoke. Rolling her eyes, Sulli clicked her tongue before backfiring Chanyeol. "And go back to settling things with my partner the ignorant, giant wall? Umm, how about, no?" Her hands reached for the handle once again but fortunately Chanyeol was quicker. With his long legs, he jumped beside Sulli and grabbed her hands to prevent her escape. Startled with his sudden actions, Sulli let out a low hissed as she struggled to free herself from his grip. 

The giant who realized Sulli was helpless against his hold let out a smirk. "Now how about our unfinished discussion?" and he began to pull Sulli back to the the room.


Sull heaved a sigh as he she clicked her pen and wrote the final details of her mini meeting with Chanyeol. Satisfied, she smiled a bit before slumping back into the single armchair she was sitting on. Feeling the comfortness of the cushion beneath her, her eyelids began to droop, threatening her to fall asleep.

He didn't dare waking her up, afraid that the grumpy Sulli might return. After he had practically dragged back into the room, her face was completely red of anger. She slammed her bag down and sat on an armchair before angrily spatting out a "fine" and pulling out her materials once again. This time, Chanyeol paid his fullest attention at every word that came out of Sulli's mouth and even threw some comments and suggestions. After a while, her anger had subsided and she was back to her bubbly and animated self. Seeing how much effort she had put on for the meeting he decided to leave her be take the opportunity to study her facial features. Her eyes, he noticed were a bit small compared to his, her nose and her skin, pale white which makes her look like a modern day Snow White especially right now. He didn't know why, but his heart suddenly did a little flip as he continued admiring her features before letting out a low mumble.

Between the midst of her fighting the urge to sleep she heard a low mumble, something like the word 'cute' and her eyes shot open, suddenly fully awake. She raised her head only to be greeted by Chanyeol who was resting his elbows on the table and placing his head on his hands. He had on  a groofy grin and caught him giving her a wink when she turned to meet his eyes. "Well, someone's sleepy," 

She drew her lips together as she felt her cheecks getting warm and turning a slight shade of pink from embarassment. Hanging her head low, she quickly packed up her items while mumbling. "I should go, yeah, I really should go. What time is it anyways.." Chanyeol was amused once again with her cute actions and continued staring at her. He noticed her tucking the strands of her hair behind her ear and how she pursed her lips, her brows arching upwards, checking to make sure she didn't leave anything behind. He wondered why he had found even the tiniest gestures of her somewhat, cute. 

I'm turning mad, that's why. 

He quickly shook of the thought as he went back to reality when he saw the female infront of him had gotten up. He got up from his chair as well. Years of etiqutte training had thought him the proper way a gentleman should treat a lady. He escorted Sulli to the door and opened it for her. Shocked at his actions, Sulli simply waved as she said a quick goodbye and went on her way home. He closed the door and sat on a sofa before reaching for the remote controller and switching the tv on. He grabbed the bucket of popcorn that was sitting on the coffee table and began munching on it. Bored with the television programmes that were currently being aired, he leaned in the sofa. His eyes caught sight of a familiar photo enframed in his macaroni photoframe he made himself when he was 6. He stood up before making his way towards the photoframe. Taking the frame into his hand, he smiled looking at the photo as tears began to form in his eyes

"She looks just like you, eomma." 


A week later

Sulli's POV

"Chanyeol, get your right here, right now or you're going to be a sorry man indeed!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I began massaging my temples. The cafe was in such a mess and I was close to having a mental breakdown. What's more, I'm on full pms mode since it's almost time and my brain during these times, not so good with stress. 

Renovation works had just finished yesterday and Chanyeol and I was supposed to check out the place to make sure the job was perfectly done. But, no. Someone, had to go off on some sort of god knows whatever business that somone had to do and left me dangling all alone after we had divided the work into two. And he called me when I was just right in front of the cafe. I just can't . In the end, I had to do everything myself, the final checkup, final payment, and such. And then the cleaners came to clean up the whole place and I had to handle all of them myself. And boy, were they noisy. 

As I heard the sound of nearing footsteps, my gaze shifted from the computer screen towards the approaching figure. Chanyeol arrived, wearing a grinning face, as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. "You called, ssul?" I sighed as I motioned him to come closer to me so he could see the laptop's screen as well. "Here, Mr.Kim just gave me an email regarding the stocks we've ordered. He's asking for the numbers of orders again for confirmation and I thought since you're" He placed a hand on my shoulder before saying, "I've got it" and pulling the laptop closer to him to reply the email. 

Once he finished typing, he straightened his figure and gave a slight wave before returning to his duty helping out the movers move in the furnitures. At least his being reliable today. The past week has been utter chaos besides yesterday's incident. Somedays Chanyeol would be that reliable partner with lots of connection and the next thing I know, I would be conversing with an ignorant, giant wall. I don't get him at all but there was once while we were finalising our budget he suddenly became quiet and I threw a tantrum at him. I noticed the tears welling up in his eyes and I felt a pang of guilt. I wonder what's going in his mind that was making him sad? 

Ignoring the thought for awhile, I continued my work and went into full concentration mode. The faster I get this done and over with, the faster I can get home and lay in bed. I can maybe call Jongin.. I clapped my hands together once I was finished with my job and did a little stretch. All that typing and man do I feel sore. Leaving the office room and bringing along a tiny notepad, I thought of helping Chanyeol and the movers with the furniture. I stepped out of the little office and couldn't help but gasp as I saw the cafe's interior. 

The furnitures were almost finished being moved in. Some were busy screwing the built in cushioned chairs to the walls while others were helping to load the remaining furnitures off the truck. I strode towards the counter and admired the display cabinet and built in cupboards. My senses were getting hyped as I could already imagine the baristas as they busy themselves making orders and heating up cakes there. As I was busy daydreaming, I didn't notice the tall figure approaching me. 

"Having fun daydreaming?" I opened my eyes and jumped a bit, startled at his sudden appearance. A tinge of pink crept its way to my cheecks as I flushed in embarassment. Chanyeol gave me a cheeky grin before ruffling my hair. I pouted as I rearranged my bangs, causing him to let out a hearty laugh. He looks cute when he laughs too. 

Realising my thougts, I qucikly brushed it away and turned to smile at the laughing the Chanyeol. He stopped laughing and ran his hands over the furnitures. "So, you've got the questions for the interviews ready?" I showed him the notepad I had "Working on it." He smiled at my response and gave a quick nod. "Good, but don't worry. The interview's not until the day after tomorrow," Somehow my insides began to flutter at his smile and my heart did a triple lutz when he suddenly placed both hands on my shoulders,his face leaning in a bit too close, his eyes gazing directly at me. "I'm gonna help out the guys build the bookshelves. They're going to turn out faboulous. If you need anything, just tell me." and with that he left me gawking after his him as he returned to help the others with the furnitures.  

Feeling my face heat up and my cheeks burning again, I let out an exasperated "Aish" before slamming the notepad onto the furniture. "Yah, Park Chanyeol, you didn't even showed up yesterday and even came in late today and you expect me to ask for more of your help" I felt my cheeks burning even more as I notices the weird stares everyone ,except for Chanyeol who was smiling amusingly at me, was giving me. I gave them a slight bow and muttered an apology before telling them to get back to their work. I made my way back to the quiteness of my office room but before I locked myself in, I turn to give Chanyeol a death glare and caught him smirking at me. Annoyed, I stuck out a tongue and slammed shut the door before me. Leaning on the door, I began sliding down and eventually sat on the floor. I gripped onto my chest, trying to calm my heart that was beating at a murderously fast pace as I recalled Chanyeol's actions towards me. 

It was just a friendly gesture. 

But then again, why is my heart beating frantically? 

Eh, must be the PMS .

Sighing with relieve with my simple conclusion of things, I got myself together and stood back up. I made my way towards the table and took a seat in one of the expensive chairs. The ones CEO's always sits on and spins around in it all day while the world is crumpling away due to their greed , except the ones here aren't as lavish as theirs of course. I placed the notepad I had on the table and began tapping the pen to a beat. It took me awhile but soon I was writing all of the necessary questions for the fresh interviewees soon. A smile formed on my lips as I picked up the notepad and held it in the sky. "Done." 


Two days later

Authr's POV

Books were shoved aside as the female figure frantically searched for her keys. Her eyes were wild, searching every inch of the coffee table hoping she would spot them soon. "Vic, hurry up or you're going to be late for the interview" Her body was now bent to check underneath the sofas and her eyes quickly caught sight of the sparkling keys. "Gotcha" She smiled at herself before getting up and dusting of her dress. She made her way towards the front door to where her friend was leaning against the wall, patiently waiting for her. She dangled her keys before her eyes, wearing a guilty expression and the tomboyish looking female groaned. "Oh, c'mon Victoria, that's like the millionth time you almost lost your key again," 

She stuck a tongue out at her friend as the two continued descending the stairs and out to of the building. "I'm just stressed out with life, Amber," She gave a weary smile towards her friend, Amber and she replied it by giving her a playful punch on the side. "Don't worry, this part time job will help you relieve all of your stress then!" She pumped her fist in the air full of excitement and Victoria let out chuckle." How is work going to help me de-stress, my llama look alike friend?" They arrived at a crossroad and stopped as the lights turned red. Amber did her best impression of a llama, earning a big laugh from Vic. "It's going to be fun. We're going to make coffee, serve cakes and the most important part, we'll get to earn money," The ligts turned green so they continued walking as the girls resumed their chit chat. "Yeah, but didn't you say it's new. I mean, we don't know anything about it, how it looks like, how they treat their employees and.." Victoria stopped talking when she realized Amber had placed a finger over her lips. "Hush now Vic-umma, it's going to be fun. I've said that twice, don't make me repeat it. Calm your horses, please" She removed Ambers fingers from her lips and sighed. "Fine, if you say so," 


"Yo man Kris, hurry up or we're going to miss the bus." Tao shouted from outside their apartment door as he banged on the door a couple of times. Kris checked on his appearance for the last time in the mirror and grabbed his keys before opening the door to see Tao leaning over the railings of the stairs. Tao gave him a smile before waving at Kris, motioning him to hurry up and get down. After locking the apartment door he quickly made his ways downstairs, going down two steps at a time, and arrived at the bus stop just as the bus came to a halt. The boys quickly rode on the bus, paying the driver their fares before taking a seat at the back of the bus. "Phew we made it" 

Kris drew out his ipod, assuming it was a long ride to the destination that Tao wanted to bring him to. Before he plugged in the earphones he asked Tao where exactly they were heading. "Ah, just to a little cafe that's about to open soon." Weirded out by Tao's answer he asked again. "Why?" Tao simply smiled at his answered and leaned back in his chair before pulling his beanie down and covered his eyes. "You'll know"  Knowing Tao and his weirdness at times, he shrugged off the thought and plugged in his earphones. Just as the third song ended, Tao stood up from his chair. "We're here, c'mon Kris," he grabbed hold of Kris hands and dragged him out of the bus. This better be good


"Please introduce yourself"

"I'm Amber Josephine Liu but people just call me Amber"

"And why are you interested in working here, Victoria?" 

"Actually, I just need the money. Anywhere's fine. I'll work hard anyways!" 

"So you're good with art and brewing coffee, Kris"

"They call me Kriscasso for a reason," He winked at the two figures sitting opposite him.

"So you like the peaceful atmosphere of a cafe, Zi Tao?"

"Pandas do like they're peace and comfortness"

"Ky..Kyungsoo?" Sulli raised her brows, shocked to see the person she had not seen for awhile. Meanwhile, Chanyeol kept reverting his gaze from Sulli and the male opposite of him. 

The male simply chuckled at her reaction. "I'm Do Kyungsoo and I'm great at cooking." 


NOTICE

We would like to welcome these people to the LaChaTa family. Congratulations, you guys did great on the interview. We saw great potential in each one of you. Please work hard from now on. Fighting!

Amber Josephine Liu 

Victoria Song

Wu Yi Fan 

Huang Zi Tao 

Do Kyungsoo 


A/N 

Hello again. Sorry this time it took awhile for tis update. I wasn't sure of how to continue the plot. Hehe 

Welcome amber, vic, tao and kris to the story. 

Chanyeol in oven radio is tooo cute. Haha, he went all the way and praised Kai. 

Embedded image permalink

Don't forget to comment, maybe subscribe and upvote?

A SHOUTOUT TO SILENT READERS. I've finally felt the pain and sadness of authors towards silent readers. Ironic of me. Do comment with lotsa love, I'm feeling being ignored. haha

Anyways , enjoy your day

Till the next update!