The Trip

Professional Love

"GROUP HUG" Krystal's shrill scream caused Chanyeol to turn his head towards the group of five huddled together. Secretly pressing the pause button on his ipod, he sharpen his hearing senses to eavesdrop on the group's conversation. Seeing Sulli as one of them, he was eager to listen to whatever they were about to talk about. Seeming that they were all childhood friends, the chance of hearing one of Sulli's embarassing childhood memories was bound to come rolling in. 

Dream Team. That was the name Krystal had given them when they were in high school. Though he had commented it sounded lame and cliche, she had simply cared less and used the excuse of her having the brain of a 5 year old at the age of 16 that time. The members were of course, Krystal herself, Sulli, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Sulli's brother, whom he recently met and found out was the same age as Sulli only a few months older, Jongin. 

His first meeting with Jongin was certainly one he wished to forget. It had been earlier at the airport, when it was just him and Sulli who had arrived early since it was her first time there and she wanted a tour of the airport. She was talking on the phone with her brother, her face showing animation as she chatted away happily, obviously excited getting to meet her brother after being separated for long. As she was on the phone, Chanyeol's eyes wandered around the airport, searching for a suitable place for lunch since it was already noon. He hadn't noticed a tall figure creeping up behind Sulli and suddenly giving her a back hug which caused her to let out a high-pitched scream. Instinctively, Chanyeol quickly went over to the male and backhanded him, his eyes shooting daggers at him as he asked "Who are you?"

Sulli's sweet melodious laughter caused him to turn. An expression of puzzlement appeared across his face as he turned back to the male and saw him grinning. He suddenly noticed the male's facial features. Though he was quite tanned compared to an average Korean male, his plump lips and briliant smile reminded Chanyeol of someone very dear. Realizing who, he slowly released the male and cleared his throat to hide his embarassment. "So, uh, you're Sulli's brother?" The male, who Chanyeol had finally realized was Choi Jongin, widened his grin and stretched an arm towards Chanyeol "Yes, I am. I'm guessing you're the chef Park? Jinri's been talking a lot about you lately," He stole a glance towards Sulli, noticing the blush that had crept on her face and smiled victoriously. Chanyeol shook Jongin's outstretched hand, his left hand scratching the nape of his neck, still embarassed from earlier. After Jongin had released his grip from Chanyeol, the tall giant quickly did a 90 degree bow and apologized for his rash actions and Jongin simply laughed, telling him he was never wrong and that he liked him being overprotective of his dear sister.

Jongin had begun chatting with Jinri so he had plugged in his earphones to allow them to chat and catch up. Soon Sehun, Kyungsoo and Krystal had arrived. The sight of Jongin and quickly realizing that all five members of their Dream Team was there had caused her to let out the scream earlier. She was beyond happy, eventhough she and Sehun still had some tension going on between them, that her friends were all gathered there.

Chanyeol watched as the five laughed at a joke Sehun had made. He couldn't understand the joke though, and decided to take it as their inside joke. He had been eavesdropping on their conversation for fifteen minutes. He knew there were some jokes about Sulli but he could barely unerstand what they were talking about, as if they were talking a foreign language only they understood. He sighed and pressed the resume button on his ipod again. 

Luna, Victoria and Amber had arrived together with Kris and Tao while Baekhyun arrived a little later after them. The crew checked in their bags and went through customs. Grabbing a quick lunch to fill their empty stomachs, the 12 finally boarded the plane heading towards London. 

Chanyeol had finally persuaded Tao to change seats with him, telling him that Victoria would attend to all his needs, knowing how much of a spoilt brat the panda-eyes man would sometimes be, and got his seat next to Sulli. He beamed a smile when Sulli took the middle seat which was right next to him, but quickly wiped it away when he saw Jongin sitting next to her. Jongin shot him a deat glare, as a sign of warning to not make a move on his beloved sister. Chanyeol quickly turned away, baffled. What had happen to the cheerful Jongin whom he had just shared a joke about sandwiches back at the diner? Why did it have to be three people sitting in the middle? 

On the other hand, Tao was whimpering at Victoria, complaining that he was afraid his ears might hurt when they take off so she had produced a packet of sweets and gave it to him, telling him to on them when they take off. Meanwhile Kyungsoo, who had gotten his favourite seat next to the window, though,  was unfortunately seated next to Luna. His eyes were already shut as he mentally prepared to listen to Luna's continous pleading of having him do a duet with her. Amber and Kris were already happily rapping away at songs Chanyeol could barely catch a word since they were rapping quite fast. 

Feeling a kick from behind her chair, Sulli's head turn to see a distressed Krystal. She bit her lip realizing the reason why and gave her an apologetic smile. She was seated in between Baekhyun and Sehun, two people whom she fought with constantly. 11 hours spent in a flight with the two might just drive her to the edge. Getting up form her seat, intending to swap seats with Krystal, she was suddenly seated again by two hands pulling her down. She turned to her sides to see Jongin and Chanyeol gripping onto her arms and saw Chanyeol's shocked face which dissolved into embarassment and quickly turned his head to hide. Jongin on her left had turned his gaze from Chanyeol to hers and mouthed a "sit" to her. Obediently, she decided to stay, giving yet another aplogetic look to Krystal before heaving a sigh. As the plane began to move, she noticed that her brother's and Chanyeol's hands were on hers. She had a feeling, it was going to be a long flight.


Chanyeol had completely tuned out from the world listening to his ipod. The quarelling trio in the seat behind had started a heated argument which distracted him from his sleep. His ipod played H.O.T's "Happiness" as he mouthed the lyrics. Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol and had wished he had never forgotten to bring his ipod. He gave Luna a death-glare, again, but failed in shutting her up about his career opportunities in the entertaintment field as a singer. He groaned and turned to look out the window again, staring at the passing clouds and tried to guess it's shape in efforts of entertaining himself while hoping for Luna to suddenly become mute. Tao was happily resting his head on Victoria's lap as she gently his head while humming a lullaby. Jongin who had seen this, suddenly felt a pang of jealousy as he saw the tenderness of Victoria's hands, gently patting Tao on the sides as he drifted off to sleep. Krisber, the newly formed duo which they had happily informed Sulli moments ago while Amber and Sulli stood in line fot the toilet, were still busy rapping and writing parodies of them. 

Chanyeol had felt nature calling and was about to get off his seat when he felt the weight of Sulli's head leaning on his shoulders. Shocked, he turned to see a peacefully sleeping Sulli, her face lke an angel's and his eyes could never leave her lips which seemed so vulnerable in her sleep. As he admired her features, a hand suddenly came in and pulled Sulli. Jongin, eyes still closed to make he seemed asleep, carefully rested his sister's head on his shoulder. He could not take his sister sleeping on a erted man like Chanyeol, judging from his intense gaze which seemed to be burning on her lips. 

Chanyeol clicked his tongue when he saw the smug smile on Jongin. Before he was embarassed at him, now he was just furious. Remembering his need of the toilet, he quickly stood up and made his way to the in-flight lavatory. On his way, his eyes landed on a familiar figure. His lips formed a smile but just as he raised his hand to wave at his friend Joonmyeon, his smile faltered and his hand dropped instantenously when the female beside him turned from staring out the window to ask Joonmyeon something. He hastened his steps towards the lavatory to steer clear from her view, his heartbeat suddenly increasing. 

Bae Su Jie, or as she preffered it Suzy. He was on the same flight as his ex-fiancee whom he had also ditched when he finally made a foolproof plan to escape to Seoul. His father had already planed his engagement to Mrs. Bae's one and only heir , Bae Suzy when he was 10 as his birthday present. His 10 year-old self had cared less since he was still depressed from his mother's death. Suzy came to their mansion everyday since then and she somehow grew overly attached to him. During middle school, when a new girl transffered into their school and the only vacant seat was besides Chanyeol, she had quickly packed her stuffs and moved beside him. During High School, she had threathened any girls who tried to make a move on him. She had followed him around like a puppy, her arms always linking through his, making it look as if he was her possession. 

She went completely balistic of course, that day he had told her he was leaving for Seoul. Instantaneously she had packed her bag and jumped on a flight to Seoul the next day and began to track Chanyeol. She had only given up hope after a month of failing to find her precious Chanyeol and had promised to be back for him one day. Coincedently, Chanyeol had been there when she made that vow and the way she said it in an eerie voice had caused a chill up his spine. 

He took a peak at Suzy's direction and let out a relieved sigh when he saw Suzy engrossed in her game. He had hoped for at least some time with Sulli and having Suzy on his trail every second of the day would just ruin it. Besides, what was she doing here, in a commercial flight, to London. She could've just flown there with her mother's private jet and knowing the sassy Suzy, she never strucked him to be as one of those I-just-want-to-feel-how-it-is-to-live-a-normal-life type of a girl. And what was she doing with Joonmyeon of all people. Last he checked the Kim's and Bae's were at each other's throat. What has he missed the last 3 years? 

Relieving himself in the lavatory, he slowly crept to his seat, not wanting to attract any attention or cause the sleeping passengers, namely Suzy, to wake up and took his seat. He exhaled in relief and turned to see the two J siblings sleeping peacefully, heads rested on each other and smiled, mostly at how adorable Sulli looked. 

Hours past and the flight had finally descended in Heathrow Airport. Chanyeol remained in his seat, refusing to get up as he was afraid Suzy might see him. Sulli had noticed this and bent lower to speak softly to Chanyeol. "Yeol, are you okay?" He replied with a nervous smile, hands still clutching his unclasp seat belt. Frowning, Sulli simply reached for her and Chanyeol's bags stored in the overhead compartment and handed his over to Chanyeol. 

"Can't even get your own bag eh, hyung?" Jongin's sarcasm somehow triggered a bomb in his head and he quickly stood up, roughly snatching away the bag from Sulli. He stared grimly at Jongin  "Thanks Ssul, but I can manage myself just fine" She was a bit hurt from his actions and rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Chanyeol," 

Hearing the familiar name that once made a huge impact on her heart, Suzy raised her head from her phone and turned to see if it was true. For a moment her eyes were locked onto his and she could feel the panic rising in him as he noticed her stare. She was shocked at first, pinching herself to confirm this was all not a dream. A yelp came out from her when she felt her painful pinch and she realized this was no dream. Her Chanyeol was definitely here right in front of her eyes. "Chanyeol?" she began to call. Joonmyeon who had been busy reaching for their bags on the overhead compartment went temporarily frozen knowing that she had realized the latter's presence. He knew of her obsession towards his best male friend, and he knew of Chanyeol's uninterest towards her. 

Chanyeol was already panicking, his movements suddenly sped up as he reached for his and Sulli's bag and attempted to escape the plane quickly. Suzy was determined so she tried to raise her voice a little, "Chan.." but before she finished calling out his name, Joonmyeon had dropped their bags and embraced her in a hug, turning her whole body so she would be facing the opposite side and unable to see Chanyeol. "Oppa, what are you doing?" Suzy struggled to free herself from his tight embraced, afraid of losing Chanyeol again but failed. "It's kinda cold here so let me just hug you for a while sister." 

Chanyeol's jaw dropped, hearing Joonmyeon calling Bae Suzy his sister. So does that make her Kim Suzy now? He noticed Joonmyeon mouthing him "go" before finally reeling back to his senses and speeding out of the plane, dragging a confused Sulli along. 

"Park Chanyeol," They were in line for the immigration and her serious tone caused him to turn 

"Explain"

He groaned and reached for Sulli's hands again when their turn arrived. His feet tapped impatiently, afraid that Suzy might just pop out of no where again. Once again he dragged Sulli towards the baggage arrival to fine their 10 friends waiting for them with their bags. Chanyeol walked past them towards the exit and hailed a cab while the others followed suit though confused of his rush. Sehun had hopped on the same cab as his and Sulli's. "Where to?" the cab driver had asked in English. Chanyeol realized he had no idea of where they were going to accomodate since all Sulli ever told him of the trip was "Just wait and see". Sehun bent over his seat to get closer to the cab driver and told him the location. Chanyeol had never heard of the address and as the cab began to move onto the road he turned to Sehun and asked, "Where exactly are we going to stay?" 

"Luhan's mansion of course," Sehun and Sulli had answered in unison, in a tone as if they meant to add "duh" in the end. A mansion? Luhan's? His face creased as he thought hard of where he had heard the name before. His tense face finally relaxed when he remembered

Luhan was Sehun's chinese relative who had begun a business here in Europe. He had been quite the succesful entrepeneur and was married to a European pastry chef which led to his decision to reside in England. He had heard of Luhan's wealth but never though he would be wealthy enough to afford a mansion in England. He eyes darted outside to admire the spectacular view of London. He could see the London eye, the Big Ben, London tower and the tower bridge and the view of Thames River, just as he had remembered it from his trip here as a child. He fought back a tear as he remembered that London was his mother's favourite city. 

"We're here," Chanyeol awoke from his sleep and took a peak outside only to be greeted with a magnificent view of a mansion. "This, is your cousin's home?" He asked, wide-eyed as he helped to unload the bags. A chuckle came from Sehun. "My family might be poor but we survive thanks to him" 

Chanyeol was rich as well and he had been living in a mansion since he was a toddler but three years of living in a cozy apartment in Seoul somehow made him forget a mansion as his home. As he walked up the stairs to the entrance, he saw a slim figure, his eyes somehow sparkling, standing at the door smiling. He gave each Sulli, Jongin, Sehun, Kyungsoo and Krystal a hug before turning to the others he had never met before. "Are these your new friends, cousin?" 

Sehun turned to introduce each one of them to Luhan ann Luhan turned to smile and each one of them. "A pleasure meeting all of you here.I am Luhan, a cousin of Sehun's. I would personally like to thank you all for caring for my Sehun. In return, please make yourself at home. My wife Misaki is out doing business at her shop now so you'll only be able to meet her later," 

The 12 entered the house, following after Luhan, and was awed by the wonderful interior designs. The walls were plastered with a golden coloured wallpaper, patterened in a vintage-way and smeared with gold glitter, the floor was covered with a carpet the colour of luscious red and above them hung a beautiful crystal chandelier, the light from it brightening the whole room. In the middle of the room was a stairs that split into two halfway leading up to the second floor, its floor was also covered in carpet. 

"The maids has prepared the guest rooms for all of you, dinner would be served at 7.30pm. Please make use of all the facilities in this house as you like. But please don't wreck anything, my wife will go berserks," He flailed his hands in the air and made a funny face, causing the others to laugh. "Unnie wouldn't mind if we used the home theather would she?" Jongin asked excitedly, his mind already set on watching the latest movie the house always had. "Please do, we barely have time to use it ourselves." Kid Jongin clapped excitedly and turned to Sehun to tell him of the new movie that had just been released. 

"Before I forget, one room fits two of you. I leave you with the rooming arrangements. The maids will you to the rooms," He motioned for two maids to step forward, "I have business to attend to for now. Please, make yourself cozy and we'll meet again at dinnertime," 

As soon as Luhan made his exit, Chanyeol walked towards Baekhyun while Jongin picked up Jinri's luggage. Kris placed his bag on Tao's shoulders as he walked up the stairs in a model-like way and Krystal and Luna started a heated conversation about the hottest singing sensations of London while Victoria waited for Amber to finish writing a line of rap and Sehun joked at how Kyungsoo managed a poker face though he was awed to the max seeing the mansion as all of them walked to their respective rooms. Just like that, the room arrangements was fixed.

The crew took their baths as they refreshed themselves from the jetlag and tried to get accustomed to the time difference between Korea and England. It was evening in London so in Seoul it would've already been a new day. At 7.30 pm, everyone went downstairs to the dining hall, guided by the five who had already been used to staying in the house for dinner. The dining hall was huge and a dining table that could seat around 20 stretched out in the middle. Above, another beautiful crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling as everyone took their seats and dinner was served. 

Luhan's wife introduced herself. She was running a cafe in London as well as a clothing line thus the reason she had been quite busy. The male guests were awed by her beauty and they continued chatting until desert arrived. 

After dinner, Jongin and the rest of the male group had headed over to the home theather room to watch the latest movie he dreaded of watching. Misaki had led the girls to her room and showed them her walk-in-closet. Rows of shoes, dresses, purses and hats lined the shelves and the Luna, Victoria and Amber looked around in excitement. They settled down for some time to gossip after a fun session of playing dress-up. 

"So Sulli, finally have you captured the heart of Mr.Do?" Misaki's question came in between their gossips, her eyes brightening up in excitement. A blush crept up Sulli's cheeks as her secret was exposed. Misaki who saw her sudden change quickly apologized. "I'm sorry Ssul, I though they knew," 

"It's okay," She waved her hands, " They should know sooner or later. Besides, that's old news unnie," 

"You seriously had a crush on Kyungsoo?" Luna asked, her eyes wide. Sulli chuckled and replied, "Who could've resist his alluring voice and over-loaded cuteness?" Luna sighed dreamily in agreement causing the six to laugh. 

"So then, who's the new crush?" Krystal eyed her carefully, intending to pry the secret out of Sulli. Though she knew who it was, she had her doubts and the only way to confirm it was to have it come out of her own mouth. Hesitantly, Sulli replied, "No one," She cursed herself inwardly, the piercing look of Jung Soojung always fails her plan of lying. 

"OH MY GOD, TELL US WHO?" Victoria and Amber, who was surprisngly quite into girl gossip, half-shrieked, half-whispered in excitement."Is it someone from our crew?" Luna had also asked exxcitedly Sulli rolled her eyes at their reactions and sighed then blew on her bangs. "Maybe?" A slap landed on her shoulder. She rubbed on it carefully, faking a hurt look and turned to Luna who had hit her. "Spill girl, or I'm telling the boys that one of them is your crush," 

"Please, unnie. You can barely act normal around boys. Your voice just suddenly gets higher and you'll end up talking about other random things," She teased Luna and earned yet another smack on the shoulder. "I do not change in front of boys," Sulli stuck out her tongue in a mocking manner. "Yes you do,"

"No I do not," 

"You do,"

"Do not,"

"Yes"

"No"

"Okay stop. Can we just go to sleep. Tomorrow we'll be visiting London and I do not want to look bad in a city filled with a lot of potential males," Krystal spoke up to stop the two from arguing and the others agreed it was time for bed. Sulli let out a sigh of relieved she did not have to give out the name of whom she had fell for when Misaki went up to her before she left the room and whispered, "I'll be watching you guys," With that, she shut the door closed leaving a stunned Sulli standing outside.

A/N

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo again. I'm back for only four days so here's quite a long chapter I think. Hunhan couple appearance yehet. haha. whatever. 

Thanks for subscribing, commenting and upvoting . I heart you all. 

ooohhh and ignore any errors, haven't went through it again. might never will. might