Save

The Recognition

"The Recognition"

 

Saved

 

"Are you telling me to let go of Yi Jeong and let all my hard work be thrown into those trash? Are you out of your goddamned mind? If I do that, my legacy would never remain as it is today and that is something I won't allow."

 

"I know my son wants to take over for the museum not to continue your legacy but because of his art. And you know for the fact that Yi Jeong has a lot of fortune in his hands, he can even make it on his own without any help from the Lee's."

 

Silence engulfed the whole place.

"You have forgotten about them, didn't you? They remained silent for quite sometime now but once they know that you have been fabricating Yi Jeong's disappearance, you wouldn't be happy about it."

 

Yi Jeong never wanted to get everybody involve with his predicament especially his maternal family. They had endured a lot from his mother's current condition and he would never drop them back into trouble again because of his unreasonable grandfather. But as what was currently happening they were one of the help he needed.

 

"Let set a deal father, let my son go and everything would proceed smoothly."

 

"YOU!"

 

In a swift his grandfather had reached their place and like a flash he swung the back of his palm in front of his father's face. And the next thing he saw was a smirk on his father's bleeding lips.

 

"Abojie!" But Hyun Sub raised his left hand to stop Yi Jeong.

 

"Did it sink in already, Senior So? Or do you still have to do another hit on my right, to make it sink in more?"

 

Another silence ensued.

 

But the intense ambiance around the corners were deafening. No one knew what will happen for the next seconds. Maybe it was him that will collapse soon due to all the overwhelming feeling he had in the inside but beats it to his father to even smile after everything that had happen.

 

"What now? I need your decision now. I can't leave my son to stay here even an hour more."

 

End of flashback

 

"Where on earth is she? She did not even leave a message or what? Ahh… This is going to be the death of me. Really!"

 

Jandi have been pacing back in forth in front of the house like a lost dog. Passerbies would look at her like she was someone weird but she did not heed them.

 

"Jandi-ah!"

 

With that voice, she immediately moved around her head followed by a sudden twist of her body and almost leaping gaits.

 

"Yah! You!" Finger pointing towards where she's heading for. "Where were you all this time? You have not even texted me... huh?"

 

"Relax Jandi, she was with me the whole day so you don't have to worry like an Ajumah.''

 

"Really? Is that true, Gaeul?"

 

"Yes Jandi, Sunbae brought me to a snack bar before we head home that is why we're a little late. And sorry I forgot to text you."

 

*Yeah. Maybe she forgot to text me again. Fine.*

 

She nodded her head earnestly with understanding, as she shifted her gaze from Gaeul to the man standing beside her friend.

 

"Jiho Sunbae thanks for sending Gaeul back safely." Jandi said with a grateful smile.

 

"Nothing to worry about, Jandi." Then he turned towards the person he spent the entire day with.

 

"Princess, hope you'd help me again on another function and I hope you enjoyed the whole thing, thank you!" He said with a warm smile.

 

"Of course Sunbae I'll be glad to help again. Just tell me anytime. And thanks also for the ice cream I enjoyed it." Gaeul replied sincerely.

 

He lifted his left hand to mark the time, and then he turned to face the two girls who were now united with their arms together. "I have to go now. You two always keep the door firmly and close. Don't rely too much on Woobin's guardians. Okay?"

 

Both girls nodded their heads to him. "Yes Sunbae." They chorus and waved their hands to bid him good bye.

 

"See you later Sunbea"

 

"Bye. Be careful."

 

"You two, too."

 

 

*Calling all passengers for flight 089 Aseana Stockholm Sweden to Soeul South Korea. The booths are open for boarding. Services will be available right after this message.*

 

Hearing the message, Yi Jeong stopped on his back and forth track and stared at his father who got up from his seat and went to him.

 

"Abojie. I…"

 

"No it's okay. We can talk about it soon. And I'm sorry that it will only be you heading back home at the moment. This is so sudden that you might get a little awkward once you arrive." Hyun Sub sighed. "A lot of things have changed but I know you can face them just enough. And no matter what you'll know once you arrive nothing of it is your fault. I hope that even though time had caused a lot of troubles, you would still find the heart to learn from it."

 

There were dozens of questions he badly wanted to ask his father but for the sound of him. It seemed that he needed to find the answers by himself. He badly wanted to apologize for all the accusations and hatred he had given his father all along. But the time for them was slowly fading as he needed to leave.

 

The only thing he was able to give him was his sincere nod and awkward smile. All the doubts he had about his father had been swept right then and there when he saw his own reflection into his father's eyes. The way he looked at him was a mixture of guilt and sorry.

 

But it doesn't matter anymore since he now knew how much of a father he was to him. And that is why he was thankful to him. Yi Jeong then let go of his uneasiness when he came to hug his formerly despised father.