Men of the Hour

The Recognition

Men of the Hour

 

Hurried steps were heard going down the flight of stairs with a speed that could make you bolt up, sending a cue for an emergency, but it’s not. That’s just how she walked down the stairs and he had gotten used to it.

"Song Woobin!" He heard her from the living room. "Gaeul..." Her voice was loud, but incoherent from a far the only thing he caught was Gaeul's name.

"Yah! Monkey?" He went to her spot.

"Gaeul... it's Gaeul's graduation on Wednesday... What's the plan?" She looked so enthusiastic about the event as if it was her to graduate.

"We already made reservations about that and it will be done right on time. Why?"

"Do you think she'd like to have such a grand party?"

"I know that already. It will just be the whole gang and some close people."

"Ah! Okay. That's great to hear... What do you want for breakfast?"

"I already made one for us."

"Really? Oh?! Okay, aren't we going to eat now? I want to go visit Jandi and Jiho... I can right?"

"Of course, but you still have to wait until I finish my meeting."

"No problem! Come on let's eat." She grabbed his hand and tugged him towards the dining area.

Woobin just watched her dragging him like they were a 'couple' heading for their daily breakfast. He just smiled at the thought. Being sweet, caring and cute was never Jaekyung's outward trait, but then little by little she came to reveal herself to him. Ha Jaekyung is not just the loud-boyish-quirky heiress, but a simple bright and sweet lady. She’s still loud and annoying sometimes, thus Woobin had gotten used to it. As what Yi Jeong said 'it's about adaptability' and he found it to be true and factual. Unlike their previous loud and bickering relationship, both of them had toned down a bit and unexpectedly treating each other well. They still bicker; however Woobin learned to give in for her and became more patient. He hadn't put a label on their relationship yet; howbeit he could see that both of them are enjoying each other’s company.

Flash

After they gone through the gangs’ weekend dinner, Jaekyung asked Woobin if they could to have some city ride before they head home. Woobin thought that it wasn't a bad idea and it would be an opportunity for him to tell her about 'it'. Right after his brain processed the idea, Woobin's heart went to double and his hands turn sweaty. Feeling a drastic change in the atmosphere, Jaekyung whipped her head to Woobin. All of a sudden he became unsteady and anxious looking.

"Yah! Are you having diarrhea?" She teased. Woobin on the other hand, being too focused on the road, never heard what Jaekyung uttered.

She watched him in amusement and intently gazed at her side profile. Indeed he looks devastatingly gorgeous for guy, maybe even prettier than her - actually him and the rest of his friends look to die for. For that Woobin does have his own charms. If Jaekyung would be ask to choose her ideal type based on looks within the F4, she would either pick Yi Jeong or Woobin on top of her list, howbeit Yi Jeong isn't her type and he's definitely not going to settle for her since she's not his 'Gaeul-yang'.

Woobin heard her chuckled to herself.

"Yah! What's wrong with you?" He asked her, but she just shook her head.

After passing through a high security building and made some turns, he parked his car right in front of a glass house. Jaekyung roamed her eyes around as she stepped out from the car. She was a bit confused of the place; as far as she could recall they were driving around the city and not in the middle of the country side or forest that is.

"Where are we?" She walked towards the glass door.

"Yi Jeong Umah's glass house. We're at the Lee's premises. Don't worry... We're still in Seoul. And this, this is one of my favorite places."

"Yi Jeong's Umah? Favorite place?"

"Hmm. Aunt Haneul owns this glass house, she allows the rest of us to visit here and even gave me a key duplicate."

"Oh? Are you close to her? I mean..."

"Yeah... I am, actually all of us. She treats me the way she treats Yi Jeong, but then she went a little unstable. Good thing she's back here and she's doing really great." Woobin had those dreamy eyes while he was talking about Yi Jeong’s mother.

Maybe he treats her like his own mother.

"Ahh..." Jeakyung chuckled. "I still can't believe that you're way too different from what people see you. You know? Other people see you as someone to fear and be aware of, yet you are 360° the opposite."

She trailed behind him as he open the glass door and went in. Woobin was just quiet about the thing Jaekyung had said. Now that he heard her talk that way, he realized that somehow she's different from the common daughters of elite they usually mingle with. Jaekyung got the 'Jandi-Gaeul' vibe in her. The naive and innocent nature of her was almost identical with the latter pair. Maybe it was the reason why the three easily clicked together.

"It's pretty... Did Yi Jeong's mom made this on her own?"

Her eyes were welcomed by the sight of different colored tulips arrange in rows and columns. Champagne roses were planted on a separate plot right in the center of the glass house where a mini landscape fountain is situated.

"Yeah, Aunt Haneul made this herself. I just know you'll like it."

"Huh! You're a bit cocky sometimes. But yeah, I like it. So why are we here anyways?"

All of a sudden Woobin became silent. She followed him to a garden bench just right at the corners and sat beside him. "Yah! So Woobin. Will you at least speak? You're freaking me out!" She pushed his shoulder a bit and it did pull Woobin out from his reverie.

 "Oh?!"

"I said, speak to me, you're too quiet. And will you please turn on the lights in here it is a little dark as you 'can't' see."

"Ah yeah..." He snapped his finger and then the lights .

Jaekyung was in awe. "Impressive! You should have told me about that a while ago. I'll be the one to turn it off later hahaha. So?"

"So? What?"

"Are you suddenly being possessed by Gu Junpyo? You sound so stupid tonight!"

"What? ..."

"..."

"Yah! Ha Jaekyung?!"

"..."

"Yah!"

"Quiet! Did you see that?" She said in a whisper and was pointing on the bunch of leaves across them.

"Why?" He looked at where she was pointing and by that he caught something moving. Woobin abruptly stood up and went over the spot, he divided the leaves and there, a white chubby puppy suddenly jumped to him.

"Ah! Yah! Get off me!" He exclaimed to the puppy.

Jaekyung immediately went over him to see what it was. "Oh?! A cute puppy. Yah! Don't scream at him... you're scaring her!"

"Haven't you seen how frightened I was a while ago?"

"I saw that and even heard you scream like a sissy. However, you should not yell at this cute little thing." She extended her hands and held the puppy to her embrace. "Who left you here? Huh? You must be scared with that Ajushi, huh?" She uttered while pointing her finger to Woobin who managed to fix himself up.

"What did you say?"

"Yah! Prince Song, can we have him at home... Uhm, at your house, I mean?"

Woobin wanted to comment about her stuttering, but then realized that it was better to just be brushed off. "As if I have a choice, of course you can bring him...her home."

Jaekyung lifted the puppy and checks its. "She's a she... Oh?! How about you gave her a name?"

"I can't. She might have an owner and what if the owner looks for her? There is no point of giving her a name."

"I'm sure nobody will look for her. Can't you see this place is something exclusive and that this dog might have gotten lost and was trapped in here. The owner will never see her and she might die if we'll leave her here. So give her a name... please?" She saw him scratching his head before giving of a sigh.

"Chummy... call that thing Chummy."

"Oh! I like the name. Hi! Chummy, say 'hi' to Appa." She turned the dog to face Woobin who sported a confused and a disbelief looking face.

"Appa? When did I ever have a daughter dog? Mitchso?"

She raised her brow at him and uttered. "Isn't it cute if we raised this dog like a family? You're the dad and I'm her sister." She smiled sheepishly.

"Wait! I'm the dad but you're her sister?" He saw her nod her head earnestly. "I think there is something wrong with that. How about you're the mother and I'm her little brother?"

"That's definitely not right!"

"I can't be her father or her Oppa! Gaeul is the only one I will ever allow to call me 'Oppa'."

"Yah! Oh? I've got an idea, how about I'm her mom and you're the dad?"

It took him few seconds to even process her suggestion. "I like you, I mean... the idea. I think that's fair enough." Aish! He muttered under his breath

 

"That's great! Thank you! Say thank you to Appa, Chummy."

But then even the evening went well his confession was still out of the picture.

End

"Bin-ah, can I bring Chummy with me?" She asked while comfortably seated on top of the bed.

"You're going to the hospital, basically pets are not allowed..."

"But Jiho can make an exception, right?"

"No. Just leave Chummy behind for now, Arasso?"

She nodded, but a pout of disappointment was painted on her face. "Arasso..."

The bathroom door went open as the fresh-from-the-shower-half- Don Juan emerged from it. Ha Jeakyung's eyes went so wide at the sight in front of her. Hair dripping wet, drops of water cascading down his chiseled abs, overly gorgeous face - in short super-hot Song Woobin at his prime.

"Yah! Cover yourself!" She raised the pillow on her face and turned her back at him.

Woobin laughed a loud. "Why? Am I too hot for you?"

 She looked back at him, flustered. "What did you say? Hot? Where?" Jaekyung tried to act normal despite the fact that she suddenly felt the atmosphere around as warm. In her horror, Woobin walked towards her and bent his face near hers.

"Here, in front of you." And in an instant, Jaekyung cheeks turned red and then she heard Woobin laughed a loud.

"Aren't you going out? Do you want to watch me strip down and change?" With that, Jaekyung throw a pillow to him, dashed out the room and slammed the door.

"You're despicable, Song Woobin!" She yelled behind the door.

Meanwhile, at the other side of Seoul

"Wow! Nurses here look great. It's good that we're assigned to practice here for a month. I can grab some catch here."

"Yeah. But beware, this is owned by F4’s Yoon Jiho's family. Better not make a mess."

"Huh! Yoon Jiho? F4? What the hell? I don't even know him. Is he even a Hollywood superstar? Whatever you say! I'm going to get that chick." A man in his early twenties said, pointing at the nurse who was busily taking some morning rounds along with a resident doctor.

"Nurses, know where they're good at? Under your skin..."

"Hey! Don't blame me if anything happens to you. I warned you, Jisook! Yah!"

After accidentally hearing the new interns conversation, he smoothly walked out from the corner and past beside the young intern whom he knew heading to someone. "Hey! Hi Nurse?" He heard him utter like a pro playboy, but then the young intern's ability was not even a speck on his veteran best friends. Even he could do better.

"Minseo. Do you need anything Sir?"

"Nice name Nurse Kwon Minsoe." He read her name plate.

"Call me Dr. Jisook Choi."

Minsoe was clueless, but her intuition was telling her that this guy is not the typical person needing some hospital inquiry. And by his looks, she knew he's a new colleague. "But you're still an intern Sir. I'm sorry. I cannot address you as 'doctor' yet. Better pass the licensure examination first." She frankly uttered causing a jaw drop from the newbie.

"Hey! You're witty. I like that. And yes, I need something, your number please?"

"Excuse me? Are you...?"

"Oh? There you are. I've been looking for you." Minsoe saw Jiho went to her and held both of her shoulders as if blocking the man she's talking with.

"Dr..." She instantly halted her words when the intern placed a hand on Jiho's right shoulder.

"Hey? Who you? I'm still talking to her, don't be rude." Jiho turned back to the intern with his usual stoic expression. "Can't you see...? I'm still talking to her." The intern uttered.

"I'm sorry but I believe this area isn't for interns. Right Minseo-yah?" her name was said by him in a not so formal way, but even so she nodded at him.

"You have no care, so go away."

"Yah! You! How can you talk to him like..?"

Jiho cut Minsoe off. "What if I won't go?" Jiho was testing how much patience the man in front of him got before he explodes.

"Yah! Ignorant! Do you know who I am? I'm Choi Jisook a transfer student from Shinwa University. I'm from Florida. The son of UN secretary Choi Ryujin, we owned the largest hospital in South Korea, even larger than this hospital. So get lost and leave us alone. You nerd!"

Minsoe could only bit her lips with the boastfulness of the guy in front of them. If she wasn't in a hospital she would probably kick his Richard Simmons. The attitude was too much for her. "Who cares about your status?" She whispered under her breath which was clearly caught by Jiho but not by the intern. Jiho wanted to laugh a loud at her almost failing temper, yet chose to front a serious expression.

"Choi Jisook, you say? Oh? You're saying that you're the son of the former UN 'Under' Secretary Choi Ryujin? I'm sorry I did not know." He saw how the smug face of the intern turned sour when he stressed the word 'under'.

"And by the way, I haven't introduced myself to you yet. My apologies, in case you're interested. My name is Yoon Jiho, a doctor by profession. I'm the only Grandson of the Former South Korea President Yoon Dong Woon, currently the sole owner of this hospital and the other five hospitals under the same name. I am also one of the major shareholders on Shinwa Inc. and apparently, your University is partly owned by me. And oh, before I forgot, you will be under my supervision for a month since I'm a member of the cardio-neuro board department. I believe that's the reason why you're here, right? And another thing...” Jiho raised a finger to emphasize his point.

“Don't. Mess. With. My Girlfriend. Get that?" By that Jiho dragged Minsoe out of the scene leaving the new intern dumbfounded. Scratch that, blood-drained looking idiot.

At the other side of the town

Her phone buzzed indicating that somebody was calling her. Gaeul fished it from her pocket and immediately run to the living room before answering the call.

"Hmm?"

"Where are you? You're not at patio..."

"I'm at home, Sunbae..."

"Ah... Okay, be there in a minute. Bye!"

"Sunbae wait!" However the call just ended.

"Ottokhea? What to do?" Gaeul instantly became anxious. How would she handle such an impending event?

"Honey who was that?" She almost dropped her phone on the floor from being too frightened by her father’s voce.

"Wait...! Wait a sec Dr. Yoon!" Minsoe was gasping for breath after keeping her pace with Jiho as he dragged her away from the scene.

"Dr. Yoon!" Unexpectedly, Jiho was over powered with his emotions that he snapped out from his usual calm personality.

"Yah!" She grabbed his arm to halt him from walking after he seemed not to hear what she said. "You... Dr. Yoon! Will you please calm down first?"

He stopped on his track and retorted in an irritable manner, "I'm calm."

"No you're not. You look all revved up."

"I'm not." Jiho pressed his eyes trying to compose himself.

"You're not good at lying. Anyways, you did great a while ago. Thank you!"

Minsoe smiled at him and in an instant his temper meltdown to frozen point. However, her expression changed in an instant. "But why? Why you did suddenly said I am your girlfriend? Dr. Yoon, do you know how much trouble it could cause the both of us? You even announced it to the whole people on my station. How am I going to face my staff?"

He looked at her as she was speaking to him with furrowed brows and accusing eyes. Minsoe could not believe what Jiho had said to the intern a while ago. She did know that he's rich and even a member of F4. She was once in their extravagant party, but then knowing that he's the grandson of the former President and that he even owned the whole hospital was something too overwhelming for her. She just did not expect him to be that rich. Yes. He looks like Prince Charming who popped out from a fairy-tale book, yet then he never acted overly with regards to his status. He carried himself in a civil and humble way. Howbeit, there was another blow from what happen a while ago. That the man in front of her just announced that she, Kwon Minseo is his girlfriend. It would have been fine for her if no other people were there, but then her entire staff crowded and witnessed the whole scene.

"Dr. Yoon! Did you hear what I said?"

"Just live with it."

"What did you say?" Minsoe’s eyes dilated as Jiho’s words dawn in her.

"I said, just live with it. I'm giving you the privilege to have me as your boyfriend."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Hey?! Easy there, why are you yelling at my best friend, Minseo-ssi?" Woobin cut her off.

She whipped her head to Woobin and saw Jaekyung trailing behind. The latter waved her hand and smiled.

"Hello! Nice to see you again, Minseo!" Jaekyung greeted.

"Hi! I'm sorry. You might have something important to talk about. I'll just excuse myself." With that, she shot Jiho a piercing glare and whispered. "You got a lot of explaining to do Mister", she said before excusing herself from Woobin and Jaekyung.

"What happen? Did your crush just flared up?"

"Beats me Woobin"

Ding Dong!

The sound coming from the doorbell pulled Gaeul out from her worrisome reverie and instantly, she bolted from her seat and went to open the door in an almost leaping gait. She swung the door open just to be welcomed by a sweet kiss from the oh-so gorgeous So Yi Jeong.

"Hi! I was at the patio but you weren't there." He uttered with an adorable pout on his lips and Gaeul was taken aback by his greeting and suddenly forgot about her thought.

"Ahem!" She heard a sound coming behind her and with that Gaeul's senses was awaken.

Yi Jeong saw how Gaeul's eyes widen in surprise after his unexpected welcome, but then her orbs went wider after someone cleared its throat.

"Honey? Who's that?"

He heard the voice ask and by then Gaeul looked at him with evident worry. She hit her head and drew a sigh before she reached Yi Jeong's hand and turn towards the voice.

"Appa." She said.

Something rang on his ears and then the thought went to him. Yi Jeong swallowed hard. Shoot! It’s her Dad! He was calm; one could tell it by how he looked. But in reality, his heart was ramming inside, his throat was dry and he couldn’t think straight. Yi Jeong was in a state of panic, and he wanted to just ran back into his car and maybe drag Gaeul with him.

"Are we having a visitor, Yobo? Is it him already?"

Gaeul saw her mother emerge from living room while her father stood across her. Unconsciously, she held onto Yi Jeong's hand tighter which was now cold and sweaty. Both of them went towards the living room and Yi Jeong stiffly bowed his head to greet the older man in front of him.

"Good day Sir! My name is..."

"So Yi Jeong, right?"

Yi Jeong bent up and looked straight to Gaeul's father. "Yes Sir. I'm So Yi Jeong."

He smiled and turned to Gaeul's mother who was quietly standing beside her husband. "Good day Madame. Nice to meet you! I am So Yi Jeong." He saw Gaeul’s mother nod and smile at him.

"I know who you are, Yi Jeong-ssi. You're my daughter's boyfriend, right?" A frank remark from Gaeul's Umah and he was a bit astounded on the statement nevertheless it was comforting that Gaeul's parents already know where he stand.

"Yes Madame." Yi Jeong flashed his infamous dimples and gazed back at Gaeul who responded him with a weak smile.

"Honey, how about you and Yi Jeong talk first? Appa and I will just be in the kitchen, okay?"

"Neh Umah."

 They saw the older couple head to the kitchen and Gaeul let out a sigh right after they vanished on sight. "I'm sorry, Sunbae. I wasn't able to tell..."

"It's okay. I was just anxious at first... And your father is a bit scary. You know?" Gaeul smiled at him as they settled down on the sofa.

"It's just that Appa was surprise to know about us. I prematurely told them this morning right after your call. I was so nervous about you coming here and meeting them so suddenly, that's why I told the whole thing to them. I'm so sorry if this made you uncomfortable."

"What are you talking about? It's my entire fault. I did not even let you speak and then I hung up already. By the way, this is for you." Yi Jeong gave the bouquet of flowers he has been holding in a while.

"Thank you!" She sound grateful but her voice was still quivering.

He lifted her chin and stretched her furrowed brows with his finger. "Hey! It's okay. Don't worry too much. I'll make it up to them next time I visit." Gaeul nodded and smiled. He really knows how to kill some of her nerves.

"Did they just arrive?"

"Hmm... I was so surprise to see them this morning that is why I wasn't able to tell you. They came for my graduation and will be staying here for a week. I will also be here for a week with them."

"That's great to hear! You must have missed them. And... You know what? You look like your dad. Almost identical, your mom is so pretty too. She smiles like you." He complimented.

At first, Yi Jeong was reluctant to approach Gaeul's parents. He almost ran outside from nervousness. It took him all his guts to even speak straight and greet Gaeul's father. He had sensed the trapping vibe emanating from the stares he gave him. And when he looked back at him after his greeting, Yi Jeong caught up his breathing with the intensity of the older man's stare. It was then comforting for him to see Gaeul's mother looking at him in a calm and welcoming manner.

To his amazement, Gaeul's parents look young for their age and that their daughter evidently inherited their good looks. Gaeul looks exactly like her father, especially her round doe eyes and her high bridge nose while she got her cute lips and pretty smile from her mom. He had encountered her parents before, but only on the phone when it was necessary for him to ask for permission in behalf of her in all the gang's vacation. Never in his wild imagination that he would somehow meet his girl's parents in a most unexpected moment and that it would feel nerve rocking and blood-draining. Heck it was his first time and he almost run for her life a moment he saw Gaeul's father!

After a while, Gaeul's parents went back to them with trays of food on their hands. The couple placed the tray on the table. "I'm sorry that we took too long. It’s nice to finally meet you, Yi Jeong-ssi. If I'm not mistaken, you are the one I usually talk on the phone asking for permission in behalf of my daughter before, right? I'm really happy to actually see you in person." Mrs. Chu uttered kindly as she sat with her husband across them.

"Yes Madame. It's also a pleasure to meet you in person. Thank you so much for welcoming me!"

"Call me Aunt Seorin, Yi Jeong."

"Neh. Aunt Seorin."

"Ahem..." Mr. Chu cleared his throat. "I believe you are close with those kids. I mean with Junpyo, Jiho and Woobin, right?"

"Yes Mr. Chu. They're my best friends."

"That means you are friends with my daughter for years now and that Jandi knows all about the both of you?"

"Yes Sir."

"Just so you know… I am well aware of your status. Actually, I know a lot about you and the rest of your 'best friends'."

Yi Jeong swallowed hard for Mr. Chu's statement. He was getting the idea that Mr. Chu was heading to a much sensitive topic. He did not prepare himself for it and it seemed like it's not only him who sense anxiety, as he felt Gaeul stiffened beside him. This isn't getting great.

 "Appa..." Gaeul started with a frail voice.

"Honey, will you get me a cup of hot coffee, please?" Her father ordered to Gaeul.

"But Appa?"

"Chu Gaeul." Her dad’s voice was soft yet imposing and it was a sign that she should never interrupt her father and that could also mean she would temporarily leave Yi Jeong behind.

"Just go", she caught Yi Jeong uttered while giving her a smile of assurance.

"Neh Appa." Reluctantly, Gaeul stood up from her seat and went straight to the kitchen.

"So young man, tell me what's your plan for my daughter? I know you can provide more than enough, but that's not what I am concern about. I hope you get my point."

He knew that he couldn't just charm Gaeul's father. He’s way too different from Jandi's easy to please parents. Mr. Chu wants full assurance for his one and only daughter. With heart beating irregularly and almost blank thought, Yi Jeong uttered, "I won't promise anything that I am not capable of doing, Sir. But with all honesty, I am very much serious about your daughter. I love her so much even more than my life and I assure you that I will treat and care for her with utmost respect."

He breathed deeply and continued, "Maybe this is too early to say nevertheless, I want you to marry your daughter, have your daughter as my wife, have a family with her and grows old with her. That is all I want you to know Sir." He poured all his heart on each word he uttered the only concern he has was whether Gaeul's parents saw his honest feelings.

The couple was silent for a while and it caused him to be so nervous. Good thing Gaeul got back with a cup of coffee with her. "Appa, here is your coffee." She placed the cup on the table before she sat back beside Yi Jeong.

"Appa...?" Gaeul had been so anxious, she knew her father might oppose with the relationship because she haven't asked his permission. Although, her mother was knowledgeable about it she couldn't help, but feel guilty on not telling her dad about Yi Jeong. She did have plans on telling him, it's just that time won't give her any chance. And unexpectedly, the current situation left her no choice but to spill the beans and caused her father to feel a bit revved up.

"It’s..."

"It’s okay, Honey. No need to feel weary. I understand your situation." He smiled lovingly at his daughter before gazing back on the young man who was obviously nervous and exhausted. "I'm counting on you and your words, Yi Jeong. But..." Yi Jeong's sigh of relief was instantly halted when he heard Mr. Chu's 'but'. "With regards to you last statement, I will not allow that to happen unless you have proven us everything that you stated. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Mr. Chu!" Affirming the older man, Yi Jeong answered earnestly.

She saw her mother smiling at her and Yi Jeong while his father's face became relaxed. Gaeul couldn't hide her confusion anymore, so she asked. "Did I miss something here?" Her parents did not answer making her look back to Yi Jeong.

"What did you say to them?" She whispered.

"That's a secret, Gaeul-yang." Yi Jeong grinned at her.

"How about you join us for lunch, Yi Jeong? Just stay here with us for a while. I want to interrogate you more. I hope you won't mind." Seorin suddenly felt the urge to invite the young man for lunch.

"That will be a pleasure, Auntie."

"But Umha, I still haven't gone to the grocery to buy goods..."

"Let's go buy some. I'll go with you. We can use my car."

"But Sunbae..."

"Go with Yi Jeong at the grocery, Honey. It will be easier and fast if you'll go with him." Gaeul stared blankly at her father trying to process what he just said to her.

"Come on, Gaeul-yang. Let's not make your parents wait." Yi Jeong smoothly tugged her out of the house.

"Yah! Sunbae, what did you do to my Appa? Huh? Did you threaten my father? What spell did you do to him?" Yi Jeong looked at her with baffled expression before cracking up.

"What are you talking about, Bumpkin? Are you on drugs lately?" He teased to which Gaeul pouted, hitting his shoulder rather painfully.

On the other hand, Gaeul's parents watched the young couple in amusement as they talk to each other; get into the car and drove off. "Yobo, I think you went a bit over board with the kids. Yi Jeong was obviously scared of you."

"Nah... I am even nicer to him than your father to me when we started dating. He's quite lucky I haven't brought my shotgun with me."

"That's even more unreasonable! Honestly, I like that kid. He's genuine about what he said. I can see he values your daughter so much."

"I still got my eyes on him. And hell I won't let my Gaeul be taken away from me in an instant. If he's honest about marrying my Gaeul, he has to wait for another twenty years."

"We're probably be dead at that moment!"

"I don't care!"

"Let the kids decide. Gaeul has to choose and it's not like Yi Jeong is marrying you. It's our daughter, Yobo."

"Even though!"

"Aigoo... Jealous old man."

"Sunbae, you can't just put anything on the cart. I will not be able to pay for all of those. As you can see my parents hand me enough money." She reprimanded Yi Jeong's carefree selections.

He placed a lot of meat in it and even included prime cuts of imported beef and lamb. Gaeul looked at him as he tossed packs of Italian pasta on the cart with bottles of finely fermented paste and oils. Her eyes went wide as she one by one checked its prices.

"My mother isn't a professional chef for us to buy such food, Sunbea! Hey! Are you even listening to me, So Yi Jeong!?" She saw him halt on his track and turned to him. He placed the bottle of cranberry juice back on the rack and went to her.

"Gaeul-yang, can I cook lunch for your parents? Just for today?"

"Huh? Why are you doing that?"

"I don't know. I just feel cooking for them for lunch."

"So you mean you're going to pay for all of these?"

"Of course! Do you expect me to let you pay for everything?"

"But you can't! I won't let you!"

"So stubborn! Come here…"

He went to her and in an abrupt but smooth manner, Yi Jeong lift Gaeul up and put her on the cart. She fitted inside because of her small frame and it made Yi Jeong chuckled to see her like that.

"Yah! Sunbea! Let me get off this thing!" Gaeul yelled at him causing other customers to look their way. He was enjoying her struggle and laugh at her adorable angry face. "Nah… I won't unless we're done paying. You will stay there until I finish my list, Bumpkin."

Gaeul wiggled herself and tried to get out from the cart, but Yi Jeong dumped packs of good on her making her slump back on the cart.

"You're going to pay for this later!" She then gave up from resisting and settled herself on the cart, because no matter what she does, Yi Jeong would just smile at her effort. This man is enjoying my suffering.

Whenever they pass through other customer, she would cover her face with a pack of pasta to hide her embarrassment. Group of old people were looking at them with smiles on their faces making her feel self-conscious. On the other hand, Yi Jeong was aware of the stares they got from other customer, but he chose to ignore them and enjoy his grocery with his bumpkin on the cart. "Okay! Ready for cash-in?"

"Hmm." Gaeul nodded earnestly as Yi Jeong push the cart to the cashier.

"Sir, you can get your wife off the cart now." The lady cashier informed them as they reached the counter.

"Oh?! Yeah, I almost forgot. How much do you charge for a Bumpkin?" He asked the cashier who instantly chuckled at his remark.

"Yah! I'm not a grocery item!"

"Yes, but you're a Bumpkin."

"Sunbae!"