Wedding

The Recognition

Wedding

 

Warmth. The heat coming from her body was too much for him. He had known long ago that she’s different from the rest and the fact that she had given her wholeness to him before any man could, was more than what he had dreamed of. He realized that after such, she'd be gone out of his house, but definitely not out of his life. For the very first time he had put himself on being committed. Whatever happens after that whole night, he had already prepared himself.

 

But could he still hold on?

 

She shivered under his touch while he shudder weak from hers. Everything was discarded as two people lay next to each other, consuming the every bit of their kept-in feelings to surface and be delivered. She held to him frightened, but his words brushed all her concerns. They had covered themselves with the love they had been holding in for so long, lost in a dance of exquisite rhythm.

 

They had done a pledge at each other - one, who had marked her heart to stop and let go while the other made a promise to wait and hold on. They both had different message for each other which they held untold, until both laid collapse, tangled.

 

"I love you"

 

His heart dropped broken from her words and it took all his might to fight the urge to beg her not to leave. It was the very first time that he felt scared of being left all alone. But he knew that she would leave, no matter how he detests it. At least before he let chances and destiny fall over, he had known the honest feelings she have for him. That would be enough, but just for the moment. He had known long enough that there are ways and he would never stop until he gets what he needed.

 

For God sake he was not born powerful for nothing!

 

"I love you more."

...

 

"Song Woobin! You okay man?"

 

Junpyo had noticed Woobin was spacing out as he went inside the dressing hall and found him staring blankly to space. Woobin had been there for an hour already, way ahead from the rest of his best friends.

 

To tell that he had no other things to do was a better way to explain his situation, so he decided to go earlier than the call time. Woobin was exhausted, physically and emotionally. He failed to get more sleep after he had woken up without her beside him. That was the very first time that it was him who was left lying on the bed alone. It was always his playmates who were being ditched by him, and not the other way around.

 

Woobin noticed Junpyo was waving his hand at him, taking him away from his trance. "Oh? Junpyo, you're early."

 

Junpyo shook his head and slumped down the couch beside him. He could sense that something was bothering his friend since Woobin isn't the type that would zone out. Usually it's either Jiho or Yi Jeong. "Yeah. But you're way earlier than the groom."

 

"Hey! Sorry, a bit late. I sent Gaeul-yang at Hilton." Yi Jeong emerged from the huge wooden door following the suit of Jiho.

 

"Me too", said the Doctor who found himself a place to sit across Woobin.

 

"Bin-ah? You look like you haven't gone to sleep. You're a mess." Yi Jeong voiced his observation at his friend who had gone on the corners of his mind once again.

 

"Look at him, he's zoning out again." Junpyo became concerned and frustrated at his friend's weird behavior.

 

As for Jiho he could easily tell that Woobin's composure was shaken by someone with the name of Ha Jaekyung. It was obvious because his face was screaming out that person's name.

 

"Ha Jaekyung", Jiho confidently declared and all attention was turned to Woobin in full force.

 

They all saw how Woobin had glared at Jiho, as if saying 'how the hell did you know?' But then it was masked swiftly in a split second.

 

"Did something wrong happen to Jaekyung? Did you two have a fight?" Junpyo came to ask as Yi Jeong and Jiho observed their friends sudden uneasiness.

 

Yi Jeong simply sensed that something had gone wrong and by the looks of Woobin, hell had gone to send demons on the way.

 

With a plain blank expression Woobin opened his mouth, "She left this morning."

 

"What?" Junpyo and Yi Jeong shouted in unison while Jiho shifted on his seat.

 

"Why did you let her leave? Of all the people Bin-ah... You know that Jaekyung is in trouble. What if someone ordered to kidnap her? What if her parents took her by force and...?" Junpyo's words were halted by the sound coming from Yi Jeong's phone.

 

"Excuse me."

 

Yi Jeong was about to cancel the call when he saw Gaeul's name flashing on the screen. He thought it was odd for Gaeul to call him at this point in time, but he just brushed the unwelcoming ideas that had lingered in his head for a few seconds and swiped the phone to answer.

 

"Oh? Gaeul-yang?" He started and then noticed the sound of commotion on the background before he registered Gaeul's frightened voice.

 

"Yi Jeong!” Gaeul’s voice was distressed and Yi Jeong’s heart pounded hard in response. “Unnie… Jaekyung Unnie was taken away!"

 

"What?!"

 

...

 

 

In a span of two minutes there were sounds of tires crashing the gravel grounds. Seconds later, sound of hissing breaks echoed and the streets were clouded with smoke dust. Four cars had blocked the entrance of Hilton hotel while four men rushed inside with trailing guards behind them. They saw people crowding at the lounge area where they spotted Minsoe walking frantically back and forth.

 

Minsoe caught the four of them running towards their direction and she stood frozen in her place. "Jiho! Some men took Jaekyung with them." She cried in shaking voice and was immediately held on by Jiho who patted her back to calm her.

 

Meanwhile, Gaeul was holding Jandi's shoulders, she was trying to stop her from crying and Junpyo abruptly went towards his crying fiancée and took Gaeul's place. Yi Jeong then pulled Gaeul with him and held her safely. That was the time when his girlfriend had crumbled and cried. All the while Gaeul had fought the urge to cry because Jandi needed someone to calm her, but she couldn't help it any longer. The three of them saw how Jaekyung was dragged out of the premises before they could even ask for help. The guards were forced not to fight back because a man had place a gun on Jaekyung's head, threatening them to kill her if they all resist.

 

"Shhhh. We're here and you're all safe now, Gaeul-yang." Yi Jeong pressed his eyes tight before gazing back at Woobin who seemed at lost in place. Gaeul had stop crying and was trying to compose her bearing. He had wiped her tears with his handkerchief and set her seated beside Jandi, who had also calmed down. Sensing that his best friend was still in the middle of absorbing the whole situation, Yi Jeong decided to approach Woobin's men and instructed them to find Jaekyung's whereabouts, immediately. They had comprehended his orders and left after.

 

"Woobin-ah? Where do you think you're going?" Jiho held Woobin's arm when he was about to leave the lounge.

 

"I need to find her." Woobin answered exasperatedly.

 

Jiho shook his head and held him firm. "You are not going to act impulsive this time. You never do that, so keep your head cool and we'll plan for this."

 

It was sensible, of course because it came from Jiho, but Woobin caught each word as strong and ordering that it made him feels as if he’s a kid. And also, Jiho had never talked to him in that manner that it made him feel like he's in control of him and that somewhat irked Woobin. He couldn't actually think rationally and any word said to him sounded really, really offensive.

 

"Impulsive? When did I even act impulsive Yoon Jiho?" Woobin ran his fingers through his hair. "And hey! You know? You have no right to order me..."

 

"Bin-ah, listen to yourself. You don't talk like that to Jiho."

 

"What the hell?" Woobin tried to pull his arm from Jiho, but the Doctor had a firm grip which was surprising in a way. "Let go of me Yoon Jiho!"

 

"Song Woobin!" Yi Jeong called in a low and controlled voice, something that had alarmed the rest of the people except Woobin who had taken it as the threat. "You're not going anywhere but here. Stay where you are and don't dare act stupid."

 

The words that came out of Yi Jeong cut the last thin string of his rationality and Woobin was ready to launch himself into a fight that he did not realized as something very... very wrong.

 

"Stay?" His eyes were wide and were staring straight to Yi Jeong. He felt as if his friend was pressing the idea he had cemented in his head that Jaekyung was in trouble, because he let all his guard down and he let her leave without even trying to stop her. But it wasn't what Yi Jeong meant.

 

"And the what? What do you want me to do? Sit here and have tea with all of you?!" Everyone in the room watched Woobin flung himself towards Yi Jeong and in a second he was coaxing his best friend's collar. Gaeul gasped at the sight.

 

"God damn it Woobin! This isn't the time for you act like a three year old having tantrums." Junpyo snapped out from his control and stepped in between his friends. "Keep in mind that it's you who let her leave and because of that she's in danger now!" 

 

Woobin scoffed and smirked at Junpyo menacingly. "Don't even dare rule out such conclusion if you don't know the whole situation, Great Gu Junpyo!"

 

"Then tell us the reason!" Junpyo raised his voice a notch higher, it was obvious that both were clearly losing their patience.

 

"Do you think it can help if you will be this irrational? What if Jaekyung get into more trouble? Are you even capable of taking the blame?" Junpyo pressed in, inching his way towards Woobin, very ready to reach for his collars. But Yi Jeong held him in place while Jiho held Woobin's shoulders.

 

"Oh hell with you, Gu Jun...!"

 

In their twenty six years of friendship they had never seen Woobin burst out like volcano, readily gliding closer to Junpyo with the sole purpose of punching his own best friend. But before any of that happen, a sound of a palm clashing against Woobin's face ringed across the entire lounge. And before Woobin could register what happened, a stinging pain on his left face blocked him out for some seconds. Everybody in the lounge had stood frozen in their places, frightened.

 

"You don't treat your brothers that way, Song Woobin!"

 

"Ga... Gaeul?"

 

 

...

 

"Let me go!"

 

"Let her go."

 

"Hansen?" Jaekyung whipped her head to person standing beside her father at the entrance door of a private plane. "What is this all about? This is kidnapping!"

 

Her father drew a breath and stumped his cane on the doorway. "Get her in."

 

With the curt command, the guards had held her securely and carried her all the way inside the plane. She was resisting for how much she had given effort, but it ended up useless. She was slumped on a seat across her father and was buckled up by Jean, her bodyguard.

 

"Father, why are doing this? Where are you bringing me?"

 

"We're bringing you back to the US."

 

"Don't dare answer! I'm not talking to you." Jeakyung glared at Hansen.

 

"How dare you talk to your fiancé like that?" Her father yelled at her as his palm made a rough connection against the skin of her left cheek. Jaekyung's head whipped at the impact. "You! How ungrateful of you to put my name into shame when you had decided to stay with that man for months! You know you have a fiancé, didn't you?"

 

She saw her father breathing heavily as he continued. "What? Did your boy ditch you after he had taken what he wanted from you? After that good for nothing Song Woobin made you as one of his conquest? After he got you laid?"

 

It was mind-blowing to hear her father speak to her that way and she had never been scandalized in her life, until then. Jaekyung's blood was high to the extent that she wanted to leap out of the plane and die free. Of all the people who she expected to trash talk about her, it was a shock that it was actually her father doing that for her. She was a mere bargain to be arranged as a business deal if her father needed funds for expansion and opening of a new business. This time was her fifth engagement and soon to be second wedding next to Junpyo.

 

"You really are despicable, Father." Jaekyung muttered in pure distress.

 

"Say whatever you want, but you are going to go with us and have your wedding tomorrow."

 

Her eyes went wide with what she caught from her father. To her horror the wedding she's been dreadful of was moved earlier. "What? Tomorrow? But the engagement...?"

 

"There will be no engagement since it was already settled a year before. And I'll be your husband tomorrow, Ha Jeakyung." Hansen stated.

...

 

Gaeul couldn't take it anymore; the choking stillness of the people around her was somewhat annoying. They were supposed to do some planning, yet it ended into another set of silence of simply nothing. The report was in their hands, telling that Ha Jaekyung was taken by her father and was brought back to the United States to wed her fiancé. Almost abruptly, Gaeul stood up and grabbed Woobin's arm, pulling him with her. The entire gang looked at them as they went to the other corner. Yi Jeong had settled himself more comfortably, knowing that Gaeul could deal with his best friend better than anybody else around.

 

Jiho had been powerless to how much stagnant Woobin's head was. Certain situation as such could actually make their friend dense, well it was indeed Ha Jaekyung, so it's implied. A while ago, he had wanted to grab his guitar and smack it on Woobin's head, but that would only cause another commotion between them. Jiho had to admit that it was the very first time Woobin had acted out of character and it wouldn't help if anyone would step out and give him orders. He had thanked God that they have Gaeul who could hit Woobin badly without gaining any comeback from him. He was well aware of how much his friend value Gaeul, even if he's totally whipped to the quirky heiress.

 

Jandi was also quiet in her seat, eyeing Junpyo from her periphery. What happened was one of those arguments she had witnessed between the four. The first time was when Jiho and Junpyo battled out because of her, making Yi Jeong and Woobin cover for Junpyo. The next one was when Yi Jeong punched Junpyo because of his sudden change of heart, leaving her in Korea for six months without even saying hello while he was flirting in Macau. And now, this. She knew that they're going to patch things up, but her concern now was to how they would deal against Jaekyung's father whom they don't even know the caliber.

 

"Oppa, we will never understand the entire thing if you will not tell us anything. Now that we know that it's Unnie's father who took her, we should plan carefully so we can save her." Gaeul uttered with full determination, howbeit the person she's talking with was unresponsive. She was not going to stop until Woobin would be cleared from his clouding thoughts, so she hit him on the head.

 

"Yah!" Woobin hissed in pain and Gaeul glared, making him swallow his complaint.

 

"Fine. You want this to be something logical. Okay..." She made a small briefing to herself or more to Woobin who had a look of confusion and uneasiness. "Okay! Oppa, better follow through." She let a breath before continuing.

 

"Answer me honestly or else I'm going to ignore you for the rest of my life, Song Woobin."

 

"Yah! What's with my name?"

 

He was about to ask, but Gaeul's hand stopped his protest. "Do you care for Jaekyung Unnie, Oppa?" Without thinking he answered her spontaneously.

 

"Yes."

 

"Do want her to be happy?"

 

"Of course."

 

"Do you love her?"

 

"Absolutely."

 

Gaeul's face brightened immediately after hearing him answer in full truth. She's been nodding her head with eagerness and her eyes crinkled as she smiled. Indeed she still got a certain effect on him and  it might never falter, although her charm is way too different when compared to Ha Jaekyung.

 

"That's great to hear, because Unnie feels the same thing for you."

 

"I know."

 

"You know?"

 

"She told me." Woobin said and was startled when Gaeul started clapping her hands.

 

"Great! But, are you willing to let go of her now that you know how she feels for you?"

 

"Hell no!"

 

"That's it!"

 

She held his hand and dragged him back to their friends; however Woobin pulled her hand back. "Wait! So what now?"

 

He asked and Gaeul looked back at him, grinning like a toddler. Swiftly, she reached for his head and smacked it slightly.

 

"You're going to get Unnie before it's too late. I don't want to see you sad, regretting this one chance of a lifetime. Are you ready to screw a weeding the F4 way?"

 


...

"We are now gathered here to witness the union of a lovely couple in front of us, hearing their promise of love and eternity for each other."

 

"Promise of love my ." Jaekyung muttered under her breath with b tears threatening to fall down her cheeks.

 

There she was, standing in front of a Minister of Faith and beside what she considered the hell of her life. She held up those tears while faking a smile under her wedding veil, but only God knows how much she had been praying for him to come and rescue her, nevertheless it was all useless.

 

It was simply obvious that she was crying when she had walked down the aisle a few minutes ago, sending wrong impressions to the entire entourage and visitors. They might conclude that she's crying for joy since she's marrying the man who stood waiting for her at the altar. But hell no, she's crying because she'd be facing hell within a few minutes from now.

 

"Ha Jaekyung?" The Minister called pulling her out of trance. "It's your turn to recite your vow."

 

She took the reminder while someone had passed a scroll for her to read. It was a pre-written vow, made by someone she didn't even know. Jaekyung rolled it open and started reading the phrase with her brows raised questioningly.

 

"Will you at least put some feelings when you read?" She caught Hansen's word.

 

"Feelings? There was a lot I put into it." She threw in which earned a scowl from her husband to be.

 

"How dare her talk to my brother that way?" Jaekyung heard Yuki - Hansen's sister, blabbering from the back making her turn to her and glared.

 

The wedding ring was given to them as they were both standing in front of each other. Hansen had taken her hand and slipped the ring as instructed by the Minister.

 

"Hansen Hanagawa, do you take Ha Jeakyung as your lawfully wedded wife for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health till death do you part?"

 

"Yes I do."

 

Jaekyung stiffened in her place when the Minister smiled, turning to her. The entire room became awfully quiet and her ears were buzzing. She could hear her heart beat decreasing, as if it would be dying anytime soon. Jaekyung was pulled out from her reverie when a ring was handed to her. It was an awfully looking ring and she tried to bite her tongue before the word tacky escape from her.

 

"Ha Jaekyung, do you take Hansen Hanagawa as your lawfully wedded husband for richer and for poorer in sickness and in health till do you part?" The Minister asked.

 

Her voice hitched in , choking her and making her speechless. She twisted her veil with her shaking hands while trying to steady her shaking lips. She drew a heavy sigh before opening to speak.

 

"I..."

 

"I don't think so."

 

What?

 

Jaekyung's almost scream out loud at how the voice had rung in her ears in familiarity. The door swung open causing the whole population inside the church to turn to it. Her eyes bulged out from its sockets seeing four men emerge from the wide open door.

 

"Hi!"

 

The heiress's eyes landed straight at Woobin who smirked at her, flashing his ever irresistible smile that could melt her into a puddle.

 

"Hello!"

 

Jeakyung responded, quite not sure on how to properly react at the display of attention, especially seeing Woobin across her with his arms folded on his chest and fingers brushing on his lips. Warning was out of the window when the memory of the night they spent together flushed in her head. Damn this man to make me feel like this. Jaekyung mentally hit herself.

 

"Hey! Don't forget us. We also came here to rescue you." Junpyo barged in, standing poised beside Woobin. While Yi Jeong raised his hand with his signature two fingers wave with a y smirk playing on his lips. While Jiho stood unassuming with a sweet grin on his face.

 

"What is this all about?" Hansen stepped in with his hands griping firm on Jaekyung's wrist.

 

"Oh? That bastard!" Yi Jeong uttered making his friends gaze at him in bewilderment.

 

"You know him?" Junpyo asked to which Yi Jeong answered with rolling eyes.

 

"How can I forget that man who speaks French in a Japanese accent trying to hit on Gaeul-yang?" Jiho chuckled at how animated Yi Jeong had spoken.

 

"Oh? Hell will come to him." Woobin threw daggers of stares to Hansen who unconsciously held his breath.

 

"This is a wedding ceremony..."

 

"If you'll excuse us Minister, this wedding is all cancelled. The bride was force to marry the groom. And I don't think you'll be happy to wed them under the label of marriage of convenience."

 

"What are you doing? Will you explain everything?" It was Jaekyung's father who stood up after he recovered from shock that was brought by haltering the wedding.

 

"Minister please continue the cere..."

 

"My apologies, Sir., but I can't wed an unwilling bride. Better settle the entire thing."

 

Jaekyung's mother did not utter anything, but just looked at her daughter and gave her a nod. Though surprised, Jaekyung took her mother's action as a cue before she twisted her wrist, freeing herself from the grasp of Hansen and ran towards her friends.

 

"You! Song Woobin! And even you Gu Junpyo! All of you, how could you do this to my family? Ruin my name in front of this crowd?" It was like a volcano bursting like a royal eruption, but the young people across weren't even shaken and were still standing firm and proud.

 

"Just so you know, Sir. It wasn't us who ruin your family. Why don't you ask your future son in-law who happens to take 15% of you foreign shares out on your own account without your knowledge?" Woobin declared in a calm and cool manner and before Hansen could react Woobin had signaled his men to take charge.

 

"You! Song Woobin, you will pay for this. You don't mess with the Hanagawa's!" Hansen yelled all his might while being dragged out of the premise, defenseless.

 

"Then let's mess around with each other anytime you want. At the moment, please call your lawyer first and settle the pile of cases we have for you."

 

"What do you mean?" Jeakyung's father asked in confusion.

 

"Don't worry, Sir. My Representative will come and explain the whole thing to you. But if you'll excuse us, we need to take your daughter with us. We still got a wedding to attend to." Woobin did not let Jaekyung's father to respond and immediately laced his fingers with her and tugged her out of the church with the rest of the guys trailing behind. They were heading towards the cars inline waiting for them.

 

"Wait!"

 

All eyes turned to Jaekyung as she pulled Woobin and Yi Jeong's arm, making them stop on their track. "I... I just want to say thank you."

 

"Hey! No need to thank us. You're our friend and your attendance to my wedding is a must."

 

"Also at my engagement, Gaeul-yang, Jandi and Minseo will kill us four if we can't bring you back."

 

"And most of all, we need you so badly because this man is all messed up without you. Please fix him." Jiho pointed to Woobin.

 

She nodded at them and smiled sweetly. "Thank you for always ruining my weddings!" She stated earning a roar of laughter from the guys. "We better go now." Jaekyung said which the rest had agreed with eagerness.

 

While their friends where walking ahead of them, Woobin leaned closer to her and winked. "Just so you know your third wedding will be your last and nobody will dare to ruin it."

 

...

 

"Wine?"

 

"Only a little."

 

"Of course, I don't want you sleeping in our wedding night."

 

A blush crept up Jandi's cheeks, was dry and a warm feeling rushed through her. The room they were in was huge, adorned with classic and vintage Italian furniture, howbeit even if it's just the two of them it seemed like the whole place was crowded, making the atmosphere hot. It also didn't help that they were both wearing bathrobe cramped in the middle of a silk covered king size bed. Jandi still couldn't believe that they were already husband and wife. Just an hour ago, they were reciting their vows of love for each other, having their family and friends witness them becoming one in the eyes of the God.

 

Memories of their wedding had once again flashed in her mind. The place was simple, but huge with rows of elegant seats covered with blue and white silk cloth. There was a long trail of a red carpet path leading to a huge gazebo which was designed with pink tulips and sunflowers that were anchored with crystals and sheer pieces. She was struck at how beautiful the place was; especially built and decorated with elegance in the heart of a vineyard overlooking a gorgeous lake. For the very first time she fell in love with Tuscany, Italy.

 

As she stood at the end of the carpet, her eyes gazed over her best friend who was smiling at her with eyes b with tears like her parents, then to her other super special friends who nodded to her grinning wide with enthusiasm. And lastly, to him who stood charming in his black tailored suit which was nicely fitted to him, dismissing that she had noticed him clearly shaking his nerves down. With slow steps, she made her way to him and reached for his offered arm. After that, everything came into rush of a wonderful day which ended in a heartfelt gathering filled with laughter and teasing.

 

"Nervous?" Junpyo interrupted her trail of thoughts.

 

"A little..."

 

"Need more wine?

 

"I think what I had was enough."

 

"Okay..."

 

"Uhm. Yah! Gu Junpyo, do you want to open our wedding gifts?" Jandi's eyes widen in surprise seeing Junpyo leaning down to her.

 

With a low and husky voice he uttered, "Maybe later." And then the gap between them was bridged. He was closely covering her lips while he pushed her gently down the bed and at the same time he slowly placed the wine glass on the table.

 

All concerns were brushed aside and with a swift move, the lamp on the bedside table was turned off, showering the huge room with shadows. They had shared kiss after kiss that had drove them down to the brink of their parallel feelings for each other. Clothes were discarded as their warmth brushed like a soft afternoon sun, warming anything that was cold. Sound of pleasure had rush echoing as they spent the night tangled and stuck with each other's arms, letting time ran as they drown themselves into the blissful product of love.

 

...

 

It wasn't a long drive before they reach a huge private villa. It had a classic vibe in it, but surprisingly designed in modern interior and was capable of housing ten people, quite spacious for the six inhabitants. But knowing their friend, he was simply showing them the best he could offer. Junpyo had generously provided them with such a huge place to stay in two days before they head back home to Korea. The villa was located a few kilometers away from where the newlyweds had settled and it was definitely beautiful and homey.

 

Jiho and Minsoe had decided to occupy the two rooms at the first floor which was just next to each other. Woobin and Jaekyung chose to stay at other two rooms at the second floor while Yi Jeong and Gaeul was suspiciously assigned by their friends at the top floor where the balcony was offering the view of a lavish vineyard.

 

Everybody had a long and tiring, but absolutely beautiful day that neither one of them went in the living room to have some chats. All of them stayed in their respective places, resting, except from someone who was seated at the balcony, staring blankly into space with a wistful smile on her lips.

 

Yi Jeong stood behind the glass sliding doors, fondly observing her as she was looking at the magnificent view. Just as their friends had settled down, the line would next start for both of them and his quite expectant of it.

 

With slow and quiet steps, he made his way out to the door and into the balcony which was connecting their rooms.

 

"Can't sleep?"

 

Gaeul leaped frightened by his presence and Yi Jeong let out a laugh seeing her eyes widen in surprise. And automatically, he had expected her to slap his shoulder. "You scared me!" And in return, he pinched her nose which she immediately wrinkled. "You too? I mean can't sleep also?"

 

He sat beside her; they were seated in an outdoor couch. "Hmmm... I can't sleep because my Bumpkin isn't sleeping yet." Habitually, he pulled her in and rested his head on the crook of her shoulder, her back resting against his chest. A minute of silence lingered before he utter what was in his mind, "I haven't seen that idiot so happy. His grin could reach up to his ears. I'm a little envious."

 

Gaeul blinked her eyes while she tried to absorb his statement. "Why? I can't believe you feel envious of Junpyo Sunbae."

 

"Because he is a married man already and he can have a family of his own soon. I don't know why I feel envious, but... I'm really looking forward on seeing you every day and waking up having you beside me like how Junpyo will experience from then on with Jandi."

 

He felt a slight knock on his forehead causing him to bolt up and look at Gaeul with furrowed eyebrows. Yi Jeong pouted. "Why did you hit me?"

 

Gaeul poked his nose and smiled. "Aren't we getting married soon too? Why? Am I letting you wait that long?" Yi Jeong shook his head rigorously.

 

"Of course not! It's a mutual decision and you are definitely worth the wait."

 

Gaeul cupped his face and kissed him lightly. "Thank you!" She said and then threw her arms to hug him tight. "That's why I love you so so much."

 

He buried his face on her neck as he returned her with a tighter hug. "I love you more."

 

They stayed hugging for a while before Yi Jeong leaned against her ear and whispered something which earned a violent protest from Gaeul, along with another slap on his shoulder. Gaeul couldn't believe how the man in front of her was acting like a toddler with all the whining and pouting he was giving her after she disagreed. I am definitely marrying a baby! Gaeul concluded.

 

"No! You're not going to sleep in my room. No no no no!"

 

"But I promise to behave. I just want my pillow now. Please? Please? Please? Gaeul-yang?"

 

How could she refuse if he's displaying as such? How could she say no when he was looking at her with pleading puppy eyes? If she'd always refuse with his stubborn attitude, it would not cause her anything, but just another whining. She couldn't believe herself that she's taking care of a twenty six year old man who acts like a toddler having a separation anxiety for her mother.

 

Without any choice, she drew a breath and nodded. "You behave or I'll kick your out of the room, So Yi Jeong!" She saw his eyes brighten up as he leaped form the couch.

 

"Yes!" He pulled her up on her feet and tugged her inside her room. "Come on, let's sleep, Pillow!"

 

Gaeul could only shake her head while he pushed her down the bed and tucked the comforter before he slipped beside her. She curled towards the other side of the bed, facing away from him when she felt him poking her shoulder.

 

"What?" Gaeul turned and caught Yi Jeong pointing on his lips. "Thirsty? The water is just behind you."

 

Knowing the meaning behind his action, Gaeul played innocent and coy with the playboy.

 

"Yah!" Yi Jeong nudged her again after she turned her back.

 

"I'm a pillow." She smirked inwardly and turned her back from him. She was simply teasing him, but the next thing he did was something Gaeul did not expect.

 

"Pillow huh?" Yi Jeong hovered over her, pinning her on the bed wide eyed. She swallowed hard when he delved his head down to her.

 

"You... you promise to behave." She said in almost a whisper. Her heart was beating like crazy then she saw him raised his head feeling his lips on her forehead.

 

"I do and I am." Yi Jeong kissed her nose. "Just claiming my goodnight kiss"

 

The way how low he delivered his voice sent chills down her spine and the temperature around the room went a bit high just by their close proximity. Gaeul did not move on her spot as she looked at his face getting nearer and then she closed her eyes when his lips covered hers.

 

Yi Jeong was true to his promise, behaving well and not using the compromising position to gain his advances over her. He was polite and gentle in kissing her and he was not going over her boundary. He even managed to carry his own weight not wanting her to feel uncomfortable.

 

Just maybe he was doing it not for her, but for him because if he'd let his body get too close, and knowing that she was only wearing her thin pajamas while their making out, his promise might end up broken.

 

Yi Jeong would not deny that he craves for her especially now that he has been a good boy for a long time. Every time he kisses her, it would take him a lot of will to control the aching demand of his body. And his frustrating situation would usually end with a cold shower or a whole pitcher of ice cold water. He could not explain how such an innocent kiss could dangerously snap his power of control. He wondered at how Gaeul could make him feel like a volcano ready to erupt, feeling his heart inside his chest racing in a marathon.

 

Gaeul knew that it's very dangerous to let him do what he demands from her, and most to situations as such, but she trust him so much and she believes on how much he respects her. He understood that she's not ready and he also honors her values. Yi Jeong was considerate to give her time as they share their lovely kiss.

 

With her eyes still close, Gaeul felt him kiss her forehead and whisper, "Goodnight, Bumpkin."

 

She opened her eyes and smiled back at him. "Goodnight, Whinny", Gaeul said to which both chuckled.

 

Yi Jeong lay down beside her, wrapping her warm as they both drift down slowly to slumber.