Demanding

The Recognition

Demanding

 

 

Stockholm, Sweden 5:00 PM

 

"Abojie, the disposition contract was already sealed and given to me by Mr. Park. And here's the catch, Grandpa isn't so thrilled to see me. He even slammed the door in front of me. Impossible!" Yi Jeong released his outburst the moment he entered his father's office.

"I think your worst day isn't because of that, Son. You can absolutely tolerate your Grandfather. How about you go call Gaeul-yang, eh?" With the hint of teasing, Hyun Sub offered to his son. 

"Abojie!"

"Is there anything else you could say to me every time we’re in this kind of situation, So Yi Jeong? I definitely wanted to meet that kid again to give her high praises."

"I'm out of here father, whatever you say!" He whined a complaint, but Yi Jeong was thankful about the idea his father had said to him.

 

 

Seoul, South Korea 12:00 MN

 

She's about to go to bed when her phone rang, indicating an incoming call. Gaeul swiftly snatched her phone on top of the table and checked it. Her eyes went round the time she registered the caller and instantly picked it up.

"Oppa!" She excitedly exclaimed on the other line.

"Gaeul!"

"Oh?" She rechecked her phone, and indeed it's Woobin's number. This is weird

"Gaeul? Are you still there?" She heard the voice on the other line again.

"Yes, I'm still here, but sorry, who's this please?" She asked with curiosity.

"Jaekyung, Gaeul, this is Unnie."

"Jaekyung Unnie! Why...?"

"Don't tell Woobin I called you using his phone. He’s going to..."

"Yah monkey! Why are you using my phone?" Woobin's voice was heard from the background.

"Yah! You left me here alone. I don't have anyone to talk to so..."

"Yah! Give me that!" Woobin exclaimed form the background together with the sound of some commotions. "Hello?" 

"Yah! Song Woobin!" 

"Oppa?"

"Princess?"

"What are doing to Jaekyung Unnie?!" Gaeul asked in a distressed tone, she was practically worried and confused at the same time. Woobin and Jeakyung are together? Why? How? Both were not that good when combined. It would be World War II if they're together and in the end it would be Jaekyung’s lost, she's a female for God sake!

"Princess, I did nothing amiss to this monkey. Okay? I locked her up in my condo since she's almost kidnapped the last time..."

"Wait Oppa, I'm confused... You're with Unnie now and she's in your condo coz she's not safe? From whom? Why is she there?"

"I'm sorry, Princess. But can I talk about this to you in person, basically what you said is right and my further explanation will just follow soon, okay?"

"Oh? I understand. But Oppa, please treat Unnie well. Arrasso? I need you to promise me."

Woobin let out a deep sigh before he stated, "Okay. I'm on that... I won't promise you anything, but I will try my very best, Princess."

"Hmm. Thank you! I'll hang up now, Oppa. I'm actually about to sleep. Bye!"

"Hmm. Good night." Woobin turn back at Jaekyung who was seating in the middle of the bed looking expectant at him. "What did Gaeul say? You should have let me talk to her, you know?"

He shook his head and stepped out from the king size bed. "She asked me to be nice to you. So better behave, okay? Be ready, tomorrow will be heading to Sweden." And there, Woobin went out of the room, leaving the Heiress in total annoyance.

"Aish!"

"Gaeul-yang? Where are you at? Why aren't you answering, huh?" He instantly asked right after his call was answered. Yi Jeong had been calling her for how many times already and he was all so worried on what had happened to her.

"Huh? Sunbae?" Yi Jeong heard her answer with a tired and husky voice, and then he smacked his head when he realized he might have disturbed her sleep.

"I'm sorry Gaeul-yang. I was just worried that you haven't answered my calls. Just go to sleep now, okay? Good night. I love you!" He uttered.

"Mm? I love you!" Yi Jeong heard her reply, trying to sound fully awake, but obviously groggy.

He could only smile widely at her failure. If she's fully awake he would never hear her reply 'I love you' to him. She would either say 'Hmm' or 'weeh?' but then the sleepy Gaeul was more straightforward than he had expected. It was more like she's too drunk to even hide what she was truly feeling inside. He badly wanted to talk to her because he was missing her so much, yet he couldn't be too selfish since she might be so tired. On the other hand hearing her voice was enough for him than none at all.

Their relationship took off slow, however right after he had insisted about the courting everything went a notch higher and definitely better. After his unprecedented proposal, when he asked her to be his girlfriend, he had then left for Sweden the next three days. He wasn’t able to get her on a decent date, since his work piled up before he left, it was totally aggravating. Nonetheless, Gaeul said she's not going anywhere and that she would just be waiting for him to come back. Yi Jeong was left with nothing but a wide gleeful smile.

At first, he could even testify that Gaeul was a little awkward having him address her as his girlfriend, then eventually she started to warm up to the idea. During the first day of being official, all he did was drag her around Seoul as they spent the whole day doing a commoner's date. It was all new to him, still Yi Jeong was happy except for the fact that they were grabbing huge attention from other people. And when Gaeul became uncomfortable from the prying eyes of random citizens, he decided to get his car and they end up driving around the city full of chats and teasing.

Both had decided to temporarily keep the relationship from their friends because Yi Jeong wanted Woobin to first know the whole story. It was a surprise though that even Gaeul wanted the same thing to happen. Yi Jeong's too happy and knowing that the current conflict with Woo Seong was getting better, he couldn't be more thankful.

In time, his two weeks in Sweden were almost up and he would be meeting Woobin tomorrow. All that was left of him was the excitement of seeing his Gaeul-yang again. He and Woobin would basically go back to Korea together and also having Ha Jaekyung with them.

Speaking of the quirky Heiress, it curious him so much to why those two were together, however, he wanted to know the reason straight from Woobin. Those two got something going on between them, but it's the thing that he's allowed to pry on, soon. At the moment, what he needed to do was make some planning on the things he'd be doing for his Gaeul-yang - maybe vacation, an outing, a lot of dates, meeting with the parents, announcement about the relationship to the whole gang and more dates.

 

 


oXoXo

Monday, a normal day at the lounge with Gaeul, Jiho and Junpyo hanging out, or more like making a one serious discussion.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course I'm sure about it... What I'm not sure is her answer."

"I agree to that a hundred percent."

"Yah! Jiho, I'm sure she's going to say 'yes'." Junpyo's statement seemed confident, but he sounded a bit off in the end.

"You are absolutely not sure also, Sunbae." Gaeul spoke of the fact and the obvious.

"When are you planning to do it, Junpyo Sunbea?"

"Right after Yi Jeong and Woobin's homecoming, they might have some sort of good ideas about this."

"I certainly have no doubts about that. I bet Woobin got something. But I believe you have to do it humbly. She's not into over the top thing, Junpyo." Jiho offered and then turn to Gaeul who's a bit busy with her phone.

"Gaeul-ah, did Yi Jeong tell you when would be his flight back?"

"Ani, Yi Jeong Sunbae hasn't said anything about it yet." She tried to look bright while she spoke. However, she could not deny that she was feeling off knowing that he wasn't with her yet. Is this how it felt? Missing someone who happens to hold a big part of her heart? It felt like she's missing her parents, but a little different or missing a dear friend, but in a higher extent. Whatever you call it, she just misses Yi Jeong so badly.

"Princess? Do you happen to miss Yi Jeong with that frown face of yours." With the glint of tease, Jiho pulled her out from her thoughts. Her eyes went into a slit and gazed back to Jiho.

"Sunbae? Are you trying to have another argument with me about...?"

"I'll take back what I said even if it's too obvious." He immediately cut her off and smiled at her knowingly.

Gaeul flashed her full of triumph smile and there, she just won a battle against the Brilliant Jiho. After their mirth, they look back at Junpyo who's seated adjacent to them. It seemed like his mind was over somewhere they both didn't know.

"Sunbae? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She whispered to Jiho, the latter then raised his brows in response. 

With quick and easy steps, they both went out of the receiving area without Junpyo noticing them. Both Jiho and Gaeul are beaming and chuckling at each other when they finally made it out of the patio.

"Guys you know what? Oh...? Where are they?"

...

 

After leaving Junpyo alone at the lounge, Gaeul was sent off by Jiho to her photography studio and he then went back to the hospital. She was simultaneously greeted by her juniors the moment she stepped in the hall.

"Gaeul Unnie, Teacher Jung is waiting for you at his office." She heard one of her juniors inform.

"Okay. Thank you!" She said and made her way to the office. She greeted her mentor the moment she emerged inside his office.

"Gaeul-ssi, I have good news for you." He gestured her to seat down which she obeyed instantly.

"Congratulations! Both of your photo portfolios were included for the 7th Annual PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris photo Competition." Her mentor exclaimed gleefully and proud.

Her hearing went all fuzzy and she was not able to properly process the current situation that her eyes went all so wide.

"Really? Is that true Teacher Jang? 

...

 

Incheon Int'l Airport

"And why am I going with you?"

"I promise Gaeul and Jandi to take care of you. I don't want them to have me for dinner if anything bad happens to you. So will you please stop resisting and get inside the car?"

Woobin literally pushed Jaekyung inside the car making her bump her shoulder on the elbow rest. She then threw him deadly glares as he settled himself beside her as the car started to drove off.

"Ha Jaekyung what's so hard with just keeping calm and listen to Woobin? You're so hard to handle, do you know that?"

"Yah! So Yi Jeong! I'm Ha Jeakyung. You have no right to order me."

"Yah You! I'm So Yi Jeong, and I am already dying to see Gaeul-yang. And just for you to know, this Maserati Grancabrio Sport is owned by me, so don't dare delay this trip or I'll be dropping you off the streets with Woobin. Get it?"

"I'm behaving well Yi Jeong and I too, miss Princess. If there is someone you need to drop, it's her." Woobin pointed his finger to Jeakyung who was already biting her lips preventing herself to retort back to both guys.

"What did you just say, Song Woobin?" Yi Jeong irked a little when he heard what Woobin said.

"Possessive boyfriend aren't we, my bro? You just can't get her Oppa's right to miss her, So Yi Jeong."

Just then, Woobin started taunting him with his jealousy. He saw his friend raising his left brow and was smirking at him, trying to read his evident irritation. 

He is obviously enjoying this.

"Arraso! Arraso! Better be quiet or you two are off."

...

 

Gaeul couldn't believe how big the news was for her, she had never thought of such a great opportunity to come her way with those simple pictures she had taken. Her heart couldn't contain the pure gladness she was feeling and that she was all smile and beaming. 

Will I tell Sunbae? Nah... Maybe soon if things are all set. I won't be too assuming.

She was seated inside a café, enjoying a cup of café latte while drifting in her own dreamland. Just then, her reverie was halted with a phone call. She fished her phone and answered it instantly.

"Hello?"

"Gaeul! Where are you?"

"Why? I'm at the coffee shop in front of the studio. Is there something wrong? You did not..."

"I'm just around the corner now... Wait there. I'm heading to you. Bye."

Gaeul suddenly became worried about the call she had received and so she decided to step out of the cafe to wait.

Concurrently, an expensive car had parked just a few meters away from a young lady who's standing across the street. And inside was a very fine man who was unmistakably looking at her with pure administration. He sat there, observing her for a while and noted that the she did not even bother about the glances of admiration that was thrown her way. She was simply standing at her spot, unassuming and carefree.

A small smile painted his lips. He couldn't help but search for the answers on how a mere glance at her could make his heart go crazy. He shifted on his seat smiling and shaking his head, he’s indeed having some failure to steady his crazy heart. And then...

"Gaeul!" She heard her name being called and then she saw someone running towards her.

"Oh? Here you are. What happen? Yah! Junho-yah, I'm so..."

Gaeul was all worried, but Junho just looked at her and then hugged her without warning. She was taken aback with his bold action that she went stiff on her position. Passersby were all looking at them, but Junho did not mind to let go of her.

"He's awake! Siwon is awake, Gaeul-ah. Thank you so much! My brother is awake!"

Stunned with the news, Gaeul fought hard not scream with pure gladness. Her eyes became hazy and tears were threatening to fall.

"Really? Is that true?" Her voice came like a whisper, though her heart was soaring up high with pure happiness and gratefulness. Junho let go of her and rigorously nod his head to her.

"How is he now? Where is he? I want to see Siwon."

"He's very okay now, but I can't bring you to him since he's still for evaluation. I just came here to tell you the good news. Thank you so much for helping me on taking care of him, Gaeul-ah."

Gaeul smiled at him and gave him a little squeeze on the shoulder. "You don't have to say that. Siwon is my savior and I will do everything I can to help him, Junho-yah."

"What's happening here?"

A cold and roaring voice interrupted the gleeful conversation and all heads turned toward the one and only F4’s Casanova; no scratch that, F4's Former Casanova, So Yi Jeong.

His control went out of the window right at the scene he had witnessed across the street. Within seconds he had reached their point and all he could feel was his pulses burning up, creating a very bad migraine. He wanted to punch the man in front of him. But he's So Yi Jeong, he had to keep up with his status and act as calmly as possible.

He needed to play things cool and avoid making any scene in front of the public, most especially, because he didn't want to leave a bad impression to Gaeul. Yi Jeong's eyes darted hard on Junho, seemingly tearing him bit by bit with his deadly stares. Yet, the man across him did not even move an inch and just looked back at him with a blank expression which only added to the fire, blazing insanely in the furnace. 

Calm down

"Su..." She wasn't able to continue her words when she saw how Yi Jeong stared back at her friend.

His face was absolutely calm but his eyes were piercing hard on Junho. This is bad, she thought already in a panic mode.

Gaeul was so surprised to see him pop out from nowhere. All of a sudden, she felt so happy and elated to see him back again. Her heart had skipped a beat the time she heard his voice and felt his hand wound around her wrist, but by the looks of their current situation, Gaeul could only cringe on what would happen next. She wasn't expecting Yi Jeong to be there with her at the moment. She was definitely surprised about his arrival. And seeing Yi Jeong with such an expression made her feel scared. She had known that he never act impulsive and unreasonable; however things might just turn worst as she could feel the building tension between the two men with her.

Did he saw him hug me?

"I'll just see you soon, Gaeul. Bye" Junho immediately cut the heavy atmosphere, but undoubtedly did not break his blank gaze at Yi Jeong. She saw Junho bow a little and went straight to his car.

Gaeul's eyes were still darted on the spot where Junho was when she felt a tight grip on her wrist and then without any warning, she was hovered around and dragged somewhere by Yi Jeong. Although, annoyance was obviously painted all over Yi Jeong's face, Gaeul noted clearly how he guided her smoothly into the car.

"Sunbea?" She started, but Yi Jeong instantly raised his hand ordering her to shut up and Gaeul could only swallow her voice.

"Let's talk about this somewhere."

 

...

In the other side of Seoul, there seated in a King sized bed was the infamous JK Group Heiress, Ha Jeakyung still whining over something, making Woobin walk on a thin thread of patience.

"Bring me to Jandi and Gaeul now! Bring me to Jandi and Gaeul now! Bring me to Jandi and Gaeul now! Bring me to Jandi and Gaeul now!"

Woobin's head was so ready to explode and his last string of patience was nearly giving up. "Yah! Song Woobin, bring me to Gaeul and Jandi now. Now! As in n..." And by that, Ha Jae Kyung was cut from her whining with eyes bulging out from its socket after she realized what Woobin just did to her.

Woobin last string of patience strum louder before it broke, and with the sense of irritation, he bolted up his bed and pulled Jae Kyung in with him. All he wanted to do was to take a nap, so he locked her up with him so she would not go anywhere, just inside his room. However, Jaekyung was too loud for him to even take a nap and even went bouncing on top of his bed, ordering him to take her to Jandi and Gaeul. To sum that up, they were in fact dropped by Yi Jeong in the middle of the streets when they end up quarreling inside the car a while ago.

Woobin's control had vanished to thin air. He pulled her in, rolled over her and kissed her senselessly. He was kissing her like no tomorrow, her breathing hit high and she was shivering under him. The kiss had lasted for quite some seconds before Woobin pulled himself out from the kiss.

"Another annoying sound from you and I swear to God, I'll rip your clothes and continue." His voice was controlled and low, matching a stare that could make Jaekyung feel .

 Afraid to utter a word, the silenced Heiress chose to shook her head vigorously and remained as still as a stick. Seeing her response and her now shut mouth, Woobin rolled back to his spot and covered his head with a pillow.

Damn it!

...

 

Gaeul had blinked her eyes for several times now, mentally checking if she was still alive or what, after the crazy drive they just had where Yi Jeong was speeding and seemingly testing how fast could his brand new screaming red Maserati Grancabrio Sport can go on the vast streets of the city. And the next thing she noticed was herself, standing at the corner of the studio, overly anxious while looking at Yi Jeong who's been massaging his temples and pacing back in forth in front of her.

From a third person's point of view, she seemed like she was asked to stand at the corridors after being caught by her teacher sneaking from a class, and was there waiting insanely for her punishment. But the situation she's in, was totally different and Gaeul couldn't let Yi Jeong overly affect her since she did nothing wrong. At least from her perspective. 

"Sunbae, what's wrong with you?" He heard her ask.

What's wrong? With me? What the hell! Nothing's wrong with me, Honey.

Yi Jeong snapped out from his failing anger management. He went towards her and locked her in between his arms with both his hands resting on the wall. "What was that a while ago? Why did that bastard hug you, huh? And why didn't you even pushed him away? You even held his shoulder. Why? Tell me. Explain." 

Gaeul went so nervous seeing a different Yi Jeong. His eyes were staring at her insist, his ears were all red, and obviously, he's totally revved up. Howbeit, even though she was feeling nervous and all, she couldn't help but be amused on his display of jumbled emotions.

Is this how he looks when his angry? Is he jealous? Seriously?

After some times, when finally Gaeul was able to find her voice, she sighed deeply and pouted at him.

Yi Jeong saw her furrowed eyebrows before she opened to speak. Gaeul narrated the whole story, starting from what had happened to her and how Siwon who happened to be Junho's brother saved her, how he became sick, how she gave a little help to them and up until to what Yi Jeong had witnessed a while ago. She was looking straight into his eyes without any hint of lies and cover ups. And so by her thorough explanation, Yi Jeong became relaxed and had end up attentively listening to her. It was alright and he had admitted that he went a bit of an OA there, but then after the entire assurance, he turned red all over with what Gaeul said.

"Sunbae? Are you jealous?"

She sounded so sure that it went out like a statement rather than a question. Would he deny it and build his status up again or admit it and look hopeless in front of her? In the end he uttered...

"Fine. I'm sorry. Yes I was."

"Was? Was what?"

God, she's making me say it. Talking about an angel looking evil girlfriend.

Did she know how much pride he had swallowed to be able to utter those words and now she's making him say the 'jealous' word out loud? He looked back at her and she's looking back at him with vivid expectancy.

"Okay fine. Yes I was jealous. There... happy?" He uttered every word breathlessly.

Yi Jeong appeared too hopeless while admitting that he's indeed jealous and then her heart just went out to him. Gaeul had realized how hard it was for him to admit that he was jealous. Of course! He hadn't been jealous before.

Feeling guilty about pushing her boyfriend too far, Gaeul felt obligated to ease his self-pity, so she let go of her shyness and hugged him tightly. So tight with an unspoken promise not to give the same kind of hug to anybody, just him.

"I'm so sorry, Sunbae", Still embracing, him she uttered.

Surprised by her boldness, Yi Jeong raised a brow but later returned the hug while keeping a wide grin on his face. If Yi Jeong would be asked, he would shamelessly say that he badly want to embrace Gaeul the time he saw her across the street. However, there were few things that had happened and he was left to suffer some flipped/reversed interrogation which ended up in admitting that he was indeed jealous, so dead jealous.

Without moving an inch from his position, he asked, "What was that for?"

He felt her loosen a bit, but her arms were still around his lower chest. With a sheepish smile she answered, "A piece offering?"

"Piece offering? Ows? Or did you just miss me?"

"ANI! Too fool of yourself again", and there Yi Jeong sported a disappointed face and looked down. 

Gaeul drew a breath, "Okay, okay I miss you a little."

"Only a little?" He asked wide-eyed.

Feeling defeated, she hugged him again and buried her face in his chest because she couldn't openly say it all loud, and then mumbles coherently, "Nan... I, I missed you so much, So Yi Jeong!"

Yi Jeong was now grinning widely at himself, but he's not yet so into it, something’s lacking.

"Gaeul-yang, is that how you show your boyfriend that you misses him so much?"

"Eh?" She gazed back at him with baffled expression only to be answered with a raised eyebrow.

Aish!

She tiptoed so that she would keep up with his height and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Only that?" Then another peck on the left cheek.

"Gaeul-yang?" And one more kiss on the tip of his nose.

Yi Jeong held back his frustration that she did not went until where he wanted her to kiss him, but he had to remind himself that his Gaeul-yang is quite uhm you know... bumpkin.

"That's not how it is, Gaeul-yang!" He whined. She knew what he meant, but she just couldn't make herself act that bold. Gaeul drew another breath then pursed her lips into thin line and stubbornly retorted.

"So how?"

She saw him smirk at her and said, "Like this."

Yi Jeong bent his head and closed the gap between them. His bumpkin sometimes would be as stubborn as him, but he just couldn't lose his patience to her or even get angry with her. And now that she's trapped between him and the wall, Yi Jeong had no plans on letting her escape unless he would make her breathless from his kisses.

He missed her so badly, however, when he returned, he end up seeing somebody else hugging her? He's definitely not backing up. He needed to set high walls and guards right? Because just then, he realized how much attention Gaeul could get from other people. Indeed, Yi Jeong sees Gaeuls as an exquisitely beautiful lady, but he had not known that she could grab so much attention from others with just her standing along the streets, unassumingly.

And at the time being, with him kissing her gently made him satisfied and complete, all his stress and concerns were brushed away, so far away.

Gaeul's head was spinning, feeling like Yi Jeong was consuming her wholly and she couldn't help but anchored her hands to his back and hold onto his suit tightly. Her knees were slowly giving up and his hold to her went tighter. She felt his hand went to hold her face to keep it steady and his kisses were becoming demanding. Maybe he really did miss her so much and by that she willed herself to at least respond fairly.

Yi Jeong's heart went override when he felt her responding to him discreetly for the first time. Concurrently, all too suddenly, there was something that had strum inside him, turning kisses more demanding and a little intense. He shifted her head a little and continued his business.

Maybe it was because of the pent up emotion and longing that had cause Yi Jeong to go almost reckless or either, Gaeul was really damn addictive. Regardless of the reason, Yi Jeong must still be considerate because it was not just any girl, it's his bumpkin.

Gaeul clutched his suit tighter and pulling it down forcefully and taking Yi Jeong out from his dream land. He then realized what he had done and in an instant he felt scared. Yi Jeong felt so scared that he might just went overboard. 

Snap it out man!

He pulled out from the kiss and stared at Gaeul's eyes which were reflecting both shock and confusion. Yi Jeong instantly pulled her in and embraced her tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Gaeul-yang. Did I frighten you?" The voice that came out from him sounded so worried and concerned, but Gaeul just shook her head and looked back at him.

"I just thought you wouldn't stop up until it gets to 200."

"Yah! Were you counting?"

 


 

A/N: How was it? Don't worry if it's too cheesy, I, the Author is cringing too :)