Take Me As Yours

The Recognition

Take me as yours

 

"Blueberry." Jiho suggested.

 

"Tangerine”, came Woobin's selection.

 

"Strawberry" Yi Jeong sated with enthusiasm

 

"Why don't we make it as fruit mix then?" Junpyo asked, expecting everyone to consider it as brilliant.

 

"No!" Jandi retorted.

 

"Strawberry is the best." Yi Jeong insisted, before he leaned on his knees and shuffled Chummy's fur. He chuckled as the little thing collapse on the carpet floor, lying on its back while raising all of his legs.

 

"Why don't we have red velvet and chocolate then? Jandi loves chocolate, right?" All eyes went to look at Gaeul whose voice stood out from the rest.

 

"That's why I love it when you're here." Jandi's heart leaped for joy and instantly rushed to Gaeul and hugged her.

 

"Ja... Jandi-yah! I... I can't breathe." She felt that Jandi had cut off her circulation. Good thing the latter had let go immediately after her complaint.

 

"So red velvet and chocolate it is. I think Gaeul is right. It’s a good choice for a wedding cake; we'll have that one please." Jaekyung instructed the Patissier who nodded and went abruptly to the pantry.

 

Everyone was seated inside the recreational room of the lounge. The girls were seated on the carpet floor with Chummy while the guys were all seated on the couch. Yi Jeong was beside Woobin as Junpyo and Jiho were seated on the other couch across them. As usual, the girls were chatting nonstop while the guys were unusually quiet and busy with their phones.

 

"What was your parent's reaction? Were they surprised?" Jaekyung excitedly asked Gaeul whom she hasn't seen for days after arriving from Paris. Busy and diverse schedule had prevented them too meet each other and apparently, Yi Jeong was keeping Gaeul to himself. Adding to that, Gaeul had also made some necessary completion on her graduate school requirements, that's why she wasn't there with them yesterday when she and Woobin visited Jandi, Jiho and Minseo at the hospital.

 

"Yeah. You haven't told us the details yet. And you also failed to visit me yesterday. You've been here for a week already and it's just today that I was able to see that face of yours. We've been staying at the same house, but you're out when I'm home. Why is that?" Jandi ranted with her usual loud and pressing attitude.

 

Gaeul could only give both Jandi and Jaekyung her apologetic smile. "Mianhe. Don't worry, I had settled my school schedule and that means I have enough time to focus on helping you both."

 

Jaekyung raised her brows. "Okay forgiven. So now, tell us the details?"

 

Gaeul turned her head, looking at Yi Jeong who happened to be gazing back at her. She saw him smile and nodded, signaling her to go on. She whipped back to Jaekyung and Jandi. "Actually, it was me who was so surprised. This man here..." she pointed at Yi Jeong who was seated behind her. "I don't know how he did it, but he managed to persuade my family. Can you imagine? He happened to get my dad's permission and that my family had agreed about the proposal before I did."

 

Jandi's mouth went open as she looked at Yi Jeong who flashed her with a confident smirk. "Wow! Yi Jeong Sunbae, how did you do it? Uncle is way too far from my father and I was expecting for you to have some difficulty convincing him. I even expect him to chase you with his shot gun the way he did with Gaeul's suitor when we were in junior high."

 

Yi Jeong just shrugged his shoulders making the girls roll their eyes. "What?" He asked, then his eyes casted to Jeakyung who looked at him with pure amazement.

 

"I wish I got the same parents as Gaeul and Jandi. But that's way too impossible, isn't it?" She smiled at her friends, but it never reached her eyes and it didn't go unnoticed to Woobin. As if in reflex, Woobin's eyes landed on Jiho who had eyed him beforehand. He also didn't miss the exchange of glances between Yi Jeong and Gaeul.

 

"Ah! By the way, Jiho Sunbea... why didn't you brought Minseo with you? Hmm?" Just like that, Gaeul instantly killed the collection of heavy atmosphere.

 

"Princess is right. Minseo should be here with these girls here." Junpyo barged in as he pointed to the girls like they were inanimate objects.

 

"Last night was her end shift and she's definitely in dream land at the moment." Jiho reasoned out.

 

"Look at this selfish man. At least give us enough time to know your girl more. Don't just lock her with you in your office, right Yi Jeong?" Junpyo smirked at Yi Jeong who choke in his laugh when Jiho sent them glares.

 

The amusing and unusual reaction from Jiho only made them laugh more. For how long they have waited to at least grip something to tease Jiho, they miraculously got one.

 

"Here comes the cake."

 

Jiho diverted their attention to the Patissier and her assistant who's pushing a cart loaded with plates of sliced red velvet chocolate cake. The assistant gave each a plate and bowed leaving the rest inside the room.

 

"I used dark chocolates for it and also added roasted coffee granules in between layers. The design of the cake will be molded similarly to the one Ms. Jandi had chosen." The Patissier narrated.

 

"This is absolutely good and I really love it. What do you think, Jandi?" Junpyo asked which was responded with an earnest nod from Jandi.

 

"This will be the official cake flavor, Chef Jang. Thank you!" Jandi offered.

 

The rest of the gang had shared talks and jokes when out of the blue Junpyo had thrown a question at Jiho. "Jiho-yah, all the while I'm so confused on what kind of relationship you got with Minseo. Are you two dating? Is she your girlfriend already? Why aren't you even sharing?" All eyes went to Jiho, but there were no single word coming out from the Doctor. Thus the cheeky smile on his face was enough for everybody to conclude.

 

...

 

Later in the afternoon

 

"Look! I made you a strawberry, Jongie."

 

Gaeul delicately placed the object on her palm to show it to Yi Jeong. She was smiling at him brightly like a kid wanting to hear a complement. With furrowed brows he eyed the piece, trying to find the angle that could really make a resemblance to a strawberry, however there wasn't any.

 

"I think it's a grape, Gaeul-yang." Yi Jeong tried to swallow a plunge of hallow air when Gaeul observed the object on her palm carefully. Like Yi Jeong, she couldn't get any similarities between her work and a strawberry except from the tiny holes she made around it.

 

"Ani. I think it's a peanut." She laughed and looked at him. "I'm really bad when it comes to pottery!"

 

Yi Jeong couldn't help himself and laughed with her. Just a minute he thought she's going to be upset with his comment, but then she also criticized her own work. "Don't worry you have the best and the most good looking teacher to mentor you all the time you want."

 

Gaeul could only roll her eyes. She was about to give a comeback, but was cutoff before she had opened . There was a knock on the door and Yi Jeong finds it odd because if their friends went to visit they would just get in without knocking.

 

"I'll go check who is at the door."

 

She nodded and continued her practice while Yi Jeong went straight to the door. Mindlessly, he opened the door without even asking who's behind it. His eyes caught the sight of the person standing in front of him and that just caused him to stiffen in his place. A lot of thoughts had rushed into his mind. His heart went thudding like no tomorrow and his hand curled into a fist. 

 

What the hell? What will he do? This shouldn't be happening... not when she's here. Never in his wildest dream, that such an event would cross his way. He had never expected such predicament, thus he had not prepare himself for such. Swallowing hard, Yi Jeong tried to mask his anxiety and ringing patience.

 

"Grandpa!" He paid the old man a curt bow. "What are doing here?" His tone was bland and cold.

 

The old man across him did not show any signs of surprise with how he had spoken to him. Senior So had just bowed a little to acknowledged his greetings. "May I?"

 

He heard his grandfather asked him, but he did not move in his position. He was clearly blocking the door, a sign that the latter is never welcome. Yi Jeong couldn't let his grandfather inside, not when Gaeul was there, oblivious of his presence. "I'm sorry but I cannot let..."

 

"Jongie? What's taking you...?" She stopped on her way when she caught the sight of a person she had never expected to see at the moment. 

 

! The door knob made a cricking sound from Yi Jeong's grip.

 

Gaeul noticed how stiff Yi Jeong was and by that she held his hand to keep him in control. Yi Jeong did not move in his spot nor look back at her. Gaeul sighed, composing herself before giving her attention to the older man and gave him a greeting. "Good morning, Sir." She was surprise of herself that she was able to smile genuinely at the old man. There wasn't any feeling of hatred and loath which caused her to be confused of herself.

 

"Chu Gaeul..."

 

"Gaeul-yang... get in!" Yi Jeong's voice was delivered in a controlled manner, because he wanted to grasp the situation and play it on his own hands.

 

"Ani, I think Senior So is here to talk about something important, right?" Gaeul held on the lapel of Yi Jeong's shirt trying to ease him with his temper. 

 

What the hell? If it wasn't out of his concern and if it wasn't Gaeul who's talking to him, Yi Jeong would have yelled his thoughts aloud.

 

"I don't think so..."

 

"I came to have a talk with Gaeul." Woo Seong gave his grandson a look which Yi Jeong had a hard time deciphering.

 

Before he could even shoo his grandfather away, Gaeul had made her way in front of him. He saw her stood out from behind and faced Woo Seong without breaking her bearing. "It will be an opportunity to talk with you, Senior So."

 

Yi Jeong was ready to fire and bit out some insults to his Grandfather, but Gaeul held to him with the sense of assurance that slowly chipping down his rage into tiny pieces. With her collected manner, Gaeul was able to push him aside, allowing the old man enough space to enter. Senior So nodded at Gaeul and went inside the studio.

 

"I know I don't have the right to stand between your family matters, or more to decide for Yi Jeong in letting you enter his place, but if you may, please help yourself in the receiving area Sir."

 

Yi Jeong did not break his gaze, clenching his jaw as he saw his grandfather proceed inside. "Why?"

 

Gaeul's breath hitched to , seeing the intensity of Yi Jeong's stare. He wanted to yell at her, scream at her until she realized how stupid the idea of talking to his grandfather was. But then he just swallowed his words, hating himself of losing his stance against Gaeul.

 

She was afraid of how much the situation could turn Yi Jeong into; a hug was the only thing she had in mind to at least make him calm. In an instant, Gaeul wounded her arms around him while trying to aid his shaking body. She traveled her hand to his clenched fist, melting his blood to normal.

 

"This is totally wrong." Yi Jeong muttered to which Gaeul shook her head and looked at him.

 

"Nothing has happened yet, so please take the notion out from your head. You, I and your Grandfather need some closure. We all need that, so we can proceed without losing the chance... and you will do it... with me."

 

"Gaeul-yang, I can't... "

 

"No. You can. We can and I trust you on that."

 

Yi Jeong was taken the chance to process the whole scheme as Gaeul had laced their fingers together and pulled him to the receiving area. He loves her for how much, only God knows, but there were times when he hated himself for loving her so much and his current situation is one of those reasons. Her attitude, her voice and her actions always have that effect of making him surrender to what she wanted. Compelled to whatever she would tell him and saying no would be always forgotten. There he was, being dragged and pushed to sit on the couch with his grandfather only a few meters away from him. The atmosphere was undeniably suffocating and he hated being in the same room with the man he had loath for how long he couldn't even tell.

 

Silence had built the walls separating them in between, but not when Gaeul shattered it. With her hands laced with Yi Jeong, Gaeul took all the strength to make the first move on killing the dark atmosphere.

 

"If you'll permit me... what is it that you wanted to talk about, Sir?"

 

Woo Seong saw how the young pair was seated with their hands intertwined, also not missing the look from his grandson that's piercing him inside and out. He hated being stared that way, but he has no right to reprimand Yi Jeong, because he deserved such treatment from him. Then his eyes went towards the person seated close to his grandson, she was the same person he had planned of dismissing and the same person treasured by someone dear to him. There was a long dragging silence that hung after Gaeul's question and it was dangerously ticking Yi Jeong. He tightened his fist and was about to pull Gaeul out the place when his grandfather pulled an envelope and gave it to her.

 

"Please tell me who that person is?" Woo Seong reached and held Gaeul's free hand, squeeze it before letting go.

 

She didn't know why Yi Jeong's Grandpa was acting such and she swore to see pain and longing in the old man's eyes. The kind of longing she saw from Yi Jeong when he came to see her at patio. Gaeul freed her hand from Yi Jeong who was obviously reluctant, but then gave in. She opened the envelope and just to her surprise she saw a photo of her Grandmother in her early days. Though the photo was old, one could say that it was well taken care of. It was neat without any fold markings, bragging her deceased grandmother who was smiling brightly.

 

As for Yi Jeong, seeing such photo, he could say that there were only a slight difference between Gaeul and the one in it. He was astonished on how much Gaeul resemble the woman in the photo.

 

"This is my Halmoni... why do you have her photo?" Gaeul asked and it was as if the wind had blown right through him, robbing him the right to react in an appropriate way. He just stared blankly at Gaeul and then to his Grandpa.

 

"Choi Miran." He was nodding his head. "She's your Grandmother... that is the only thing I have to hear straight from you." Woo Seong looked at Gaeul with certainty, pleading and downcast appearance.

 

"I don't know if you'll be able to forgive me, but that is not what I want from you. What I'm asking is for you to listen to me." The old man sighed and continued, "Gaeul-ssi, I am so sorry for all the wrong doings I did to you. Because of my selfish greed, I have hurt you to the point that you had attained physical and emotional pain. Because of me you were in a coma for weeks and that you currently have amnesia. I'm very much regretful of all that I caused you and more to you, Yi Jeong. I have shattered your life into pieces, almost turning you to become disastrous like me. I am never expecting for you to forgive me, but at least let me say sorry for everything."

 

Gaeul did not break her gaze from the older man. She could see how much sincerity Senior So had shown in his words, not missing how his voice had quivered as he spoke. Without even thinking twice, Gaeul had reached for Senior So's hand and squeeze it tight. The later looked at her with so much bewilderment, robbed of the strength to utter a word. "Just so you know Sir, I don't believe in the aphorism 'forgive and forget'. As you say, you don't need my forgiveness, but I am giving it to you wholeheartedly. I am forgiving you, Senior So. But what I am not going to do is to forget... to forget everything because if I do that, I will definitely not learn."

 

"Gaeul-yang?" An early protest when ended up into a failure. Her eyes bore into his with sense of assurance and trust, making Yi Jeong to swallow his protest. He was all so shock and had thought that Gaeul had gone crazy for forgiving his Grandfather, however the look in her eyes were so decisive and firm, leaving him no choice but to conform.

 

"But..." Gaeul looked back at So Woo Seong. "...I want to know why you knew my Halmoni? Why do you have her photo?"

 

"Miran?" There was wistful smile on the old man's face. "Miran is the only woman that I will cherish in my entire lifetime."

 

...

 

Ding Dong!

 

Her eyes were still closed, yet her body had reacted to the sound coming from the door. She slept straight to her bed right after she completed her notes and schedule, not minding how she had looked slumped back, hanging half her body at the bed's corner. Thinking that it could be her parents, she just went towards the door and opened it.

 

Jiho waited until the door had swung open and as the image of the person across him registered into his head, he swiftly pushed her inside, closed the door and turned his back from her.

 

"Ahem!" Jiho cleared his throat. She shot her eyes open, a little dazed after feeling her body being held and rounded. The registry of the voice clearing a throat was passive that her eyes had gotten the recognition first before her ears.

 

"Oh? Jiho?" Minsoe was baffled at the situation, still groggy. She realized that it was Jiho just by looking at his broad back, but for why the man's back was on her, Minsoe didn't know.

 

"Why are you facing the door, Yoon Jiho?"

 

She dares asking? Jiho could have like seeing her that way, but he knows that it's a bit inappropriate. Erasing the not so good image in his head, Jiho had scratched his nape.

 

"Uhmm... you're on your undergarments."

 

"Ahhh... undergarments..."

 

He tried to play things calm and without a hint of mischief, however her answer was so unclear that it made his head whipped back at her. He saw her standing in front of him emotionless. His eyes couldn't help but stare and he had regretted looking back at her only feeding his not so descent thoughts more. "Ahhh.. Minsoe-ssi, you're just wearing your undergarments." He saw her gazing back with blank expression before casting her eyes on herself slowly opening so wide.

 

"AHHHHHHHH!"

 

In a span of a second, Minsoe was out from the living room. She managed to be in her room in a blink of an eye. She was screaming like crazy.

 

Jiho wanted to keep his cool, but then his laugh was choking him. His lungs were rather painful as he tried to keep his laughter, just then he burst, chuckling like no tomorrow. He was laughing hard, though he maintained it in a discrete manner to prevent her from being more embarrassed. He could still hear her screaming or more like crying on her own, so he went up and stood on her door. He knocked twice and she just kept silent all of a sudden.

 

"Minsoe-yah?" Jiho called calmly.

 

There came the ever existing smile on his lips that he had plastered. Just then he knew what's on his way if they'd end up together. And he's so sure that Woobin and Yi Jeong would give him a 'thumbs up' if they'd know about the situation, not that he wanted to share or kiss and tell. Jiho was just thinking of their initial response, but he'd never tell such things to his friends.

 

She was still sobbing and mumbling behind the door as he made another knock.

 

"Minsoe-yah? Will you talk to me, please?" There wasn't any answer from her while he stood behind the door for five minutes. Sighing in defeat, he made a step and decided to wait at the living room until she's fine to speak to him, then the door creaked open. Minsoe peeked behind and shyly looked at him.

 

"I'm so sorry about that." Jiho started. "It's just, I was so surprise seeing you that way standing on your doorstep, showing your neighborhood things that should be kept hidden. I didn't mean to stare at you like that also. I'm sorry."

 

Slowly, Minsoe stepped out and faced him. She was wearing his shirt, the one he gave to her when they ended up drench from rain the last time they had picnic. It was too big for her, she paired it with black skin tight leggings, and she’s all covered up. "Mianheyo, it's my fault actually... I was so careless." She abruptly bowed her head making Jiho step back from her, looking confused. "I'm so sorry you saw me like that... really I'm sorry, Jiho-yah." Minsoe stated which caused Jiho to chuckle at her actions and then she bolted her head, looking at him baffled.

 

"There's nothing to say sorry about."

 

"But you saw me like that... my chastity? My..."

 

"I don't see anything wrong seeing my girlfriend like that without the intention."

 

But then Minsoe still shook her head, totally not considering his statement. "Still! You saw me..." She pressed in some more.

 

"Am I getting the idea that you want me to praise you looking like that a while ago?" Jiho raised an eyebrow at her with a sinful smirk playing on his lips.

 

"Yah! Just what the hell are you thinking?" Minsoe's pressure was throbbing high, hitting her temples and she's so ready to burst from mixed embarrassment and anger.

 

"Hmmm... that you look great in your hello kitty print brassiere..." Minsoe abruptly hit his shoulder, her eyes so wide.

 

"Yah!" She screamed at him and continued hitting him hard on the chest. Her retaliation was above bearable, but he couldn't help, but laugh as he tried to run away from her, blocking her beating.

 

"Stop that! Stop laughing! Yah! Yoon Jiho come here!" She was so red like a tomato running after him.

 

"Ah! And by the way your SpongeBob undies are cute too. You should wear something with a Patrick Star next time."

 

"YAH! YOON JIHO YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!"

 

...

 

"And what had gone into your head now?"

 

"Nothing. I just realize that we should stroll around like this if we got time."

 

"That's not what I mean. I'm asking you on what had gone in that head of yours to even stroll around without your 'men in black'."

 

"They're here just discrete this time."

 

"Ahh."

 

Jaekyung nodded her head as she picked on Woobin's plate, aiming to get the celery he had put aside. It became a habit of her to eat the celery he had never touched because he didn't like eating it.

 

With months of being together, she had learned a lot about from him - his favorites, likes, dislikes, and most his attitude and certain behavior. She had become the permanent resident in his mansion, already treated as the woman of his house and respected and loved by his servants. She's been staying with him for months and even if their relationship was of unknown type, but obviously they both are ogling at each other with treatments of more than friends.

 

Of course, how one could call it just friends when they happen to have tons of kissing sessions and sometimes a little bit before the home run. But then Woobin was considerate enough for her, respects her and not going over her boundaries, and though she could say that he had broken into her defenses already.

 

For how many times he told her that he loves her, Jaekyung had been controlling herself on telling him the same thing. She knew then, that she loves him, but also decided that she couldn't say it. It would simply cause him pain if she one day, vanish into thin air. Her life was all planned and Woobin wasn't in the plan nor did she want to drag him with her in her devastating life.

 

"Bin-ah? Why is it that you dislike eating celeries? Hmm? You also dislike yam and carrots too?"

 

"I don't like them because I dislike the odor and the taste. Just like how you hate cucumbers."

 

"Oh? By the way I'll be going with the girls at Hilton for the gown fitting and that means you guys are not allowed to come with us." She grinned at him.

 

"So you're happy to be freed from me?" His eyes were seeking for an honest answer; however his face showed a smile. Jaekyung noticed it; she had known how to read Woobin like a clean sheet of paper.

 

"Yeah. I think I need some break on baby seating such a huge baby just for a day." She spoke to him inanimately which made him furrowed his brows, disappointed. He wasn't expecting her to answer him in nonchalance which somehow caused him to be upset. It wasn't also hidden at her sight that the man across him had a downcast gaze.

 

"Yah! Song Woobin, how could you be such a sissy? I'm just kidding you know." Jaekyung went and linked arms with him.

 

They were inside a fast food shop wearing commoners clothes, hiding their identify from the rest of the population. "I didn't know you can be that bold in front of the public. It's a surprise. Why can't you be like that when at home?"

 

"You call this bold? Wow! As if your strings of girlfriends weren't doing something worst with you in public." Jaekyung laughed, missing the sad look on Woobin's face.

 

Too bad, Jaekyung still sees him as someone standing on the status the public had given him. He had already promised himself to be a one woman man, but then the subject of his affection simply think of at him as Don Juan, the chick magnet.

 

It was karma for him, Woobin could only say. And the 'push and pull' type of relationship they have was frustrating. He had grown living a life the way he wanted it, easily having anything that would get most of his interest. Yes, Jaekyung isn't a thing, but she's the one that Woobin wants. She's also the only want that Woobin was not allowed to have.

 

"Ha Jaekyung?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Can I ask you something? And please answer me honestly."

 

"What is it?"

 

"What do you think of me? I know I've been very vocal about how I feel for you, but you've never told me about how you feel towards me, us. I'm not imposing or anything, however I just want to know what you are thinking... if my heart really got something to hold unto."

 

I'm in love with you.

 

Her head screamed, but remained mum. Her heart might break into tiny pieces if she would allow herself be vulnerable in front of him. And Jaekyung understood that whatever they have at the moment was all wrong, just a product of longing and fantasy of a fairy-tale type of love she have which would eventually shatter into pieces. She didn't want to make it harder for the both of them, especially if the time would come that they have to let go of each other.

 

"You just came to me perfectly at the wrong time. Please..." Jaekyung smiled, masking the bitter feelings she got inside her heart.

 

"Please save your heart from me, Bin-ah. You're too precious to me that I will not be able to forgive myself if I end up hurting you. So please don't love me." She stood up from her seat and grabbed his sleeves.

 

"I want to go home. This isn't the right place to talk about us."

 

...

 

Before she could even grab the door open, Woobin had grabbed her arm and spun her around. "I was all quiet about what you said a while ago because I don't want to make a scene. But I don't really understand why you're making things complicated when we can work this all right. What the hell Ha Jaekyung?"

 

He didn't want to yell and get angry at her, because he loves her so much to even dare hurt her. However he's also not going to let the entire relationship blown out of proportion just because of her fears, which she never tried to tell him. "We are from the same circle. My family is open about the relationship we don't even know how to call. Our friends see us as a great couple and even the media say so. So what the hell is causing you to be like this? I know you love me, but why can't you just be honest and tell me!"

 

She whipped her arm away from his touch, spun her heels and got inside the house.

 

"Ha Jeakyung!" His pulses were throbbing, his heart aching, torn from inside out.

 

The heiress turned her body and faced him with a determined tears stained face. "Fine. I love you. Is that enough?" She scoffed a bitter smile when she saw how stunned Woobin's face had become.

 

"There isn't anything, right? You haven't felt it. No, as in none. I really don't know how we have gone this far. And being in the same circle doesn't make anything better if in the end, we will be venturing on pure lies and business deals. Let's stop playing around, Song Woobin. And I think staying longer will just make things worse." Jaekyung bowed her head, avoiding his questioning eyes. "Being with the Hanagawa's would just be the same if I'll be with you..."

 

No it is not, I know it would never be, because you're different. Her heart argued, yet she went on in a side track, "… there is no use of avoiding the future where in the end it will still be just the same."

 

The pain that had crossed his countenance was masked immediately as he returned her gaze with similar intensity. "So that's it. My status and my background. You see as me someone too similar to the Hanagawa's. Fine. I think that's what I need to know..." Woobin nodded, "Okay, let's end this game, but don't ever think that my treatment to you would remain the same..." There wasn't any readable expression on his face. He was void with color and reaction and she couldn't even tell if Woobin was hurting or not.

 

"I better leave now. And..." Jaekyung sighed, "thank you, thank you so much for everything. See you at Jandi's wedding." She gave him a stiff nod before heading up to her room to get her belongings, unaware that he was trailing after her.

 

Jaekyung was about to grab the knob when she felt his presence behind her. Jeakyung drew a heavy breath, psyching herself not to be carried away again with the rush of emotions she have for him. She hit herself ahead, waking herself to reality, that she wouldn't be caged again with him and get lost and tamed with his kisses. She was having a gut feeling to what Woobin would be doing anytime soon, but she had made up her mind. The heiress had decided to call things off.

 

"What? Are you going to trap me again? Push me against the door and kiss me till I gave in?" She remained motionless with her back on him.

 

"No." That single word earned a scowl as she made a face turning to him.

 

"Then what?"

 

"The thing is, we're not done yet." He smirked at her, a smirk that she had not seen on him in a while. "Just so you know, no woman had gone here and left without being marked by me."

 

His tone was cold, sending an unwelcoming shock on her spine. Woobin had never dared to say such things to her. In a spun of seconds the Woobin she had known were gone to thin air and replaced by somebody she couldn't even recognize.

 

"What... What do you...? What do you mean?" She asked, but he just pushed her inside her room and locked the door behind.

 

"Song Woobin!" His sudden actions were causing her to panic and be frightened.

 

"What? Isn't it obvious? I'm telling you to have with me. Apparently, there wasn't a single woman I have brought here that I haven't have with. So sleep with me and left tomorrow."

 

Blood drained and horrified. Jaekyung was washed with color; her heart was racing as she tried to push him hard away from her. "What the hell? Have you gone insane, Song Woobin?"

 

He smirked at her with a shaking head. "I've gone to my true self, little Miss. The person you've been calling is the one who's crazy and the person in front of you is the real me." He held the lapel of her cardigan and ripped it apart. Jeakyung held , suppressing her scream. She wanted to scream for help, but her bravado had left her, she couldn't make it and she was shaking.

 

"Bin-ah? Please don't do this. Please?"

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because this is wrong. Please. This isn't you... Woobin-ah, I know you're being like this because of me and this is also the reason why I want to keep away from you. I'm turning you into such... please stay away. Stay away..." She had crumbled down her knees and cried. Jaekyung was crying, begging for him to return to his own self.

 

And he was there, seeing her cry for him. It was unbearable to see her in pain and all he wanted to do was make her smile again. "Please... don't be like this." She said.

 

Her words were enough to tell him that she had given up. The heiress was down and surrendering before him. And it made him realized that he had gone too much and had scared her. Slowly, he dropped on his knees and gathered her into his embrace. "I'm so sorry, I’ve gone overboard." Those were the only words he said to her.

 

Woobin was broken into pieces seeing how frightened she was with his actions. It had gone to him that she would never have peace if he'd let her go on her engagement, but he also cannot cage her with him. So, he decided to let her leave on her own and maybe, being far away from her would provide enough time to think of what to do to help her with her devastating views of life.

 

She remained still in his arms. The crying had stopped and she was just holding unto him. Her arms were wounded tight around his chest and she buried her head on his shoulder.

 

"Mianhe, I'm sorry for scaring you." Her face rubbed against his chest as she shook her head. "You can leave now. Just leave before I change my mind." He stood up on his feet and left her alone inside the room she had occupied for almost six months.

 

It was cold when he left. He took all the warmth she had collected and brought it all with him. Yet without thinking, Jaekyung spun around and ran after him, out along the corridors. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around his chest. Woobin stood into stillness.

 

"I'll... sleep with... you."

 

Oh! What the hell?

 

Woobin almost fell on the floor after hearing her words. His head had made some in-depth understanding about the statement, but he couldn't get any. Instinctively, he held on her hands and dropped it down, away from him. 

 

Seriously Ha Jeakyung? I did that to see if you can manage to fight but you fail. I did not mean that as it is!

 

He did not turn to look at her and just spoke his disagreement. "No. You don't do that." But she claimed her previous spot and with her strong grip she was able to spin him around to face her.

 

"Before any other man claims me... before any other man touches me... Take me as yours."

 


 

Hearing laughter inside the house was something foreign to him. It has been years since he last heard such sound echoing in all corners, bringing life and light in the aged dormancy of the place. And at the time she came in frequency, the entire house had become alive thus the rest of its inhabitants.

 

Yi Jeong couldn't ask for more, but to have that constant life he was having at that moment. He knew that there are things that needed to be settled - a mark of imperfection. And with how his life had been running through, all he could do was to be thankful of it. It was the life that he had been dreaming for so long, a life of perfect imperfections. Of course, no matter how one see life as great, it would always remain imperfect and unbalanced, although it wouldn't hurt if one could face it in a positive way, just as what Yi Jeong was doing.

 

Hyunsub watched his son staring at the television with mind wandering at the other side of the world, smiling wistfully to himself. He had never seen his son this comfortable, this easy going and this happy. Hyunsub could only thank one person for that and he also acknowledged that, that person is also the sole reason why he could hear such delightful sound ringing inside the Lee mansion.

 

"Earth to Yi Jeong!" He pulled his son out from his sunny world.

 

"There is a new hobby I've been noticing from you. It is called 'zoning out to dreamland'. I hope you aren't doing that inside your office, Son." Yi Jeong scratched his brows before grinning at his father.

 

Ever since his father had come for him and took him out of Sweden, he and Hyunsub had become close once again. They run the business in perfect harmony with each other’s help. Yi Jeong's also elated to know that his parents are trying to patch things up between them. But the most surprising of all was when his Grandfather had changed drastically. After learning his grandfather's past as Gaeul's grandmother unrequited lover, So Woo Seong had decided to leave and stay in Sweden after the friction between them was cleared out. Although he thought of it as something out of the ordinary, amazingly, he was able to forgive his Grandfather after all that he had brought to him. The old man couldn't be blame for becoming hideous and cruel, time of longing too had turned him into one, thanks to Gaeul for making him realize that.

 

"So when am I going to expect my grandchildren, Son?"

 

Yi Jeong's eyes were wider than a saucepan. "Aish! Abojie, when did you start being Grandma Heajin?"

 

"I don't know", Hyunsub grinned at his son's reaction. "She's contagiously contagious, I think. But seriously, Junpyo is getting married five days from now, how about you? When are you going to settle down?"

 

Yi Jeong pondered for a while, thinking if he'd allow some details to spill for his father, just when Hyunsub was highly possessed by Grandma Haejin. A second later, he decided that it wouldn't do any harm, "Hmm... Gaeul wants to finish her Masters first, so next year will be great. After all, the engagement party is still in the process."

 

Hyunsub nodded, understanding the reason why the kids had decided to take things in moderation, step by step as what Yi Jeong had offered. He also had noted how much influence Gaeul have over his son. He knew Yi Jeong's stubborn personality for him to expect that he would rush thing as eventful as marriage, but by the looks of it, his son had grew wiser to listen to his Fiancée, Gaeul. Without doubt, his future daughter in-law, whom he already treated as his own daughter - she was simply sweet, smart and adorable for his son to miss, she’s really a force to reckon with.

 

"Oh... Your Grandma will be upset about the idea." His father's tone sounded in between sorry, probably to Grandma Haejin, and amused, maybe because he thought the idea was a straightforward retaliation to the old woman. Kids these days are very decisive and witty, he pondered. "That would be for the best, though. The media will go into frenzy if both you and Junpyo are going to marry in the same year."

 

Yi Jeong was in the midst of nodding his head to his father, when the door from the receiving area had swung open and both men look at each other. "Speaking of the devil." Yi Jeong uttered, which easily caught by his father.

 

"Yi Jeong", his father uttered calmly. "You better prepare for the unending strain." His father warned, although brightly grinning at him.

 

"Oh? Hyunsub, by the way the Denmark deal was going great. Thank you! And aigoo..." Heajin knitted her brows, trying to remember something significant. "Ah! Yi Jeong, where is Gaeul?" Heajin addressed Hyunsub and Yi Jeong who stood to pay their greetings.

 

"Gaeul is at the kitchen with Umah, Grandma." Yi Jeong went and hugged the old woman.

 

"Oh! Before I forgot, I have arranged the engagement for next month. I don't want the media to go crazy with your wedding, so I took the liberty with the arrangements. And the wedding will be in Denmark you decide for the date and the details. "

 

"Wow! It was as if she's the one going to marry." Yi Jeong let out an 'omp' after his father nudged his side, hearing him murmur.

 

"Oh... Mother, great timing we made some patbingsoo." Hanuel went into the living room with Gaeul trailing behind.

 

"Anyeonghaseyo Halmoni." Gaeul gave Haejin her greetings.

 

"Oh... Gaeul, good you're here. I'll pass the patbingsoo for now I need you to come..."

 

"Not today, Grandma." Almost immediately, Yi Jeong glided in between Gaeul and his Grandma Haejin.

 

"Oh? Yah! So Yi Jeong! Why... Hmmp? Hmmp!" It was Gaeul's failure disapproval.

 

In a flash, Yi Jeong dragged Gaeul out before his grandmother could even finish her sentence. He covered Gaeul's mouth with his hand to shush her from complaining as they left everybody in the house, baffled. His Grandma's mouth was left hanging at the sudden rush of event until Haneul broke into peals of laughter. Hyunsub just stood there shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head.

 

"That man! Will you teach him some manners, Haneul!" Heajin burst out from her temper, only making her daughter to laugh more.

 

"Let him be for now, Mother. He was sulking for hours beside me since Haneul took Gaeul for making desserts." Hyunsub stated backing Yi Jeong's from his demanding mother in law.

 

...

 

She looked at him. He was laughing by himself, and almost tearing up because of how he thought his action was heroic.

 

"Aish! Mitchyeosseo? (Are you crazy?) Are you possessed by Junpyo Sunbae? How could you drag me out like that?" She slanted slightly and hit his shoulder, but he seemed not bothered by it.

 

"Yah! So Yi Jeong!" Gaeul hit him again; then again he just buried his face in the crook of her shoulder and pulled her closer.

 

They were in front of the kiln as he was seated on his red Maserati's bumper hugging her from behind. "Umah took our time together. And just so you know, we are both busy for the week, and tomorrow I can't even see you because of the final fitting." He whined with a shameless pout plastered on his lips.

 

So that was it... Gaeul instantly understood where his behavior had come from. Mischievously, with the intention of putting things into a less concerning matter, Gaeul swung her upper body to the left, making Yi Jeong scramble to turn to his side and balance his position.

 

"Yah!" He exclaimed and Gaeul laughed.

 

"But you shouldn't have done that. Halmoni will get upset." She insisted.

 

"Upset my foot! Do you know she took the liberty to arrange our engagement party and had decided on her own to where our wedding will be held?" He ranted in an animated manner as he fixed himself.

 

Gaeul loosened his arms and turned to face him with a surprise expression. "You're kidding, right?"

 

Yi Jeong pouted and shook his head. "I'm not."

 

Gaeul let out a sigh and just nodded at him, and then she furrowed her brows and looked at Yi Jeong weirdly. "Why are you doing that?"

 

"Doing what?"

 

"Why are you being childlike? You're always pouting So Yi Jeong."

 

He tilted his head thinking about her comment when Gaeul poked his nose. "Why are you acting like me? Are you trying to imitate me?"

 

He furrowed his brows together and looked back at her. "What are you talking about?"

 

"Because you're doing this…" She ranted the same complain he did a while ago, looking upset. She then tilted her head and pouted.

 

He watched her with pure amusement as she did her animation or rather, imitation of him imitating her. Seeing her acting such made her look like a toddler despite the fact that she's already twenty five years old. He laughed and she froze with her lips formed into thin line. Yi Jeong couldn't help himself any longer, as he cupped her face and pulled her into a short kiss. Gaeul was too stunned to react as he grinned at her after. She glared.

 

"Sorry." He smiled at her showing his sinful dimples.

 

"You don't look like you're sorry."

 

"Ani. I am!" Yi Jeong fixed his eyes on Gaeul pink lips again. "I am sorry... not." He said before pulling her again for a soft and gentle kiss.


A/n: Jajajan! How was it?