Pain, Flee and Comfort

The Recognition

"The Recognition"

Pain, Flee and Comfort

 

“Gaeul? Gaeul must have been a good person all her life that she never had suffered too much from your absence but us, it's too much'' Junpyo's voice had been ringing in his ears over and over.

He had settled himself on the couch beside Jiho. His face buried in his palms and his elbows rested on his knees.

 

"Oh... Gaeul-ah, where's Jandi?"

 

"She's in the restroom Sunbae. She...”

 

"I'll go check her up." He smiled and proceeded towards the restroom.

 

Gaeul was seated on the edge of Jiho's bed. She and Jandi went there after Jiho's request. Right after they got into the room, Jandi immediately went inside the restroom leaving Gael dumbfounded. She never said anything to Gaeul, she just flashed towards the restroom which made the later worried.

 

The room's door the flung open.

 

"There you are. Are you okay?"

 

"Oh... Oppa." She nodded her head earnestly. "But Jandi. And that..."

 

"Jandi is fine now Princess. Don't worry too much about that. She’s having stomach problems." Junpyo hurriedly interrupted.

 

"Really? Is she alright? Can I see her?"

 

"She's fine now. I'll be the one to look after her. And besides, Woobin might want to bring you somewhere. "

 

Junpyo held her shoulder and turned her back to him. He then pushed Gaeul away and towards Woobin. "Now both of you, go."

She stumbled a little and crashed into Woobin's chest. "Sunbae that’s too harsh!" She complained but Junpyo gave her shrug.

 

"He's kicking us out, as you can see. So you have no choice but to stick with me." Woobin said as he dragged her out of the room and out of the lounge.

 

"But Oppa. Where are we going?"

 

"Somewhere nice and quiet."

 

He opened the passenger's door for her and let her slid into the car and he then moved to the driver’s seat. Gaeul studied his every expression. She could feel something was bothering him. And she's certain it was because of the early incident. She was even sure that it was the reason why Jandi had been acting weird. A lot of questions were going inside her head but she remained silent. She knew Woobin too well, and that the current moment was not the right time to pry on his business. And so she stayed quiet and ate up the awkward atmosphere lingering between them.

 

Woobin knew that there were so many questions running in her head. Gaeul had been easy to read just like Yi Jeong. But the later had mastered the act of masking his feelings. As the former was open as a book. He knew she wanted to ask him a lot of things but seeing her quiet and looking peaceful, he had thanked God for making Gaeul so Gaeul.

 

The trip was quiet and comforting.

 

"I do hope you understand how we reacted." Jiho breaks the silence.

 

He nodded his head showing his comprehension.

"You have a lot to say to us. And it is best to give yourself enough time to sort things out. We also need time to settle all the things that you need to know." Jiho pause to breathe out. "There is a lot to know Yi Jeong... So make use of that time to prepare."

 

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." He thought that it was the least he can say to Jiho and the rest. Why was it that there’s no other word that could justify his opinion towards his friends than 'sorry'. He had to invent one, use it and put it in the dictionary.

 

Yi Jeong was overwhelmed with all the mixture of emotions he was currently experiencing. Never in his life had he felt the same as this. Hurt, sadness, guilt, sorry, longing, ignored, despised, a little gladness and a whole lot more.

 

"Time heal wounded hearts. But it is also time that had caused the injuries. For people who love, the only cure for it would also be the cause. So don't feel too burdened." He felt a pressure on his right shoulder and he gazed at Jiho who gave him his reassuring smile.

"Thank you for not leaving me hanging, Jiho-ah. Thank you. I owe you guys a lot."

"Yeah. A lot that even your whole fortune can't compensate."

 

 

She heard he gave off a deep sigh as she was looking at him for a while with his eyes remained close. It's afternoon already and they were presently seated on the rocks settled in front of the beach. Hours had passed and they had stayed there without having any conversation. Gaeul knew he needed space and peace. It had been a while now since she last saw Woobin behaved like this and it bothered her that she couldn’t do anything for him.

 

"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW?" Woobin was startled when he heard her scream. And there she was standing in front with her back facing him when he opened his eyes.

 

"I'M WITH SOMEONE BUT I FEEL SO ALONE." She breathed deeply "HE SEEMES MORE INTERESTED ON CLOSING HIS EYES THAN TALKING TO ME. WHY DID HE EVEN BRING ME HERE ANYWAY?" She continued on.

 

"I'M HAVING A HARD TIME DEALING WITH MY FRIEND'S FOOLISHNESS. TELL ME, WHAT AM I OUGHT TO DO WITH THAT PUNK?" Woobin answered back.

 

Silence engulfed their company and the sea breeze was the only thing audible.

 

"BY THE WAY I BROUGHT SOMEONE WITH ME. SHE'S UPSET NOW BECAUSE I'M NOT TALKING TO HER. BUT YOU KNOW... I BROUGHT HER ALONG 'COZ I FEEL PEACEFUL WHEN I'M WITH HER. AND.. SHE'S OUR PRINCESS." He screamed beside her, and then shifted his gaze towards her. She's still looking to the horizon smiling widely. She raised her hands again and placed both in front of .

 

"PABO YAH! YOU'VE BEEN FAR FOR WEEKS BUT ALL YOU DID WAS DRAGGED ME HERE AND CLOSE YOUR EYES. YOU'RE BORING!"

 

"Miyanhae Princess." He said to her.

 

Gaeul looked at him and smiled. "It felt nice, right? Letting all your frustrations out." She said.

 

"Oppa... you can always tell me anything. I told you that before remember?" She left his gaze and faced the sea again "Or you can also scream here. I'm friends with Mr. Sea so it's fine to tell him."

 

"Do you know how unique you are, Princess?"

 

"Unique? Or weird like Jiho Sunbae?"

"Uhmmm. Both!"

 

They both laughed out loud.

 

"That felt nice."

 

"Hmmm." She nodded while wiping traces of tears in the corners of her eyes.

 

"Gaeul-ah." He called her name softly.

 

She turned towards him and was trapped in his embrace. They stayed like that for a while and it felt comforting for both of them. "You know what? I really wanted a hug from my princess but she's too busy to give me some, so I'll just snatch one from her."

 

"You sneak!" She stubbornly replied while she hugged him back.