Keep your eyes on me...

The Recognition

A/n: First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the reviews, comments, subscriptions and for the time you had given to read this story, I'm so so so thankful. And now that this story is way to end soon, I just want to say my gratitudes to everyone. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chap and let me know how it is after you read. Warning!: Long chapter ahead! God bless everyone ;D

-Yuri 

 

Keep your eyes on me

 

"Running in a rush, time had fled, bringing end and new beginning to everyone and everything around. It's a mixture of bliss, amazement and surprises. Business is growing and expansions to European countries are on the run. The gang are doing great, though time is a bit more hectic than before, we still manage to make vacancies for gatherings and catching ups."

 

"Jiho and Minsoe will be tying the knot next year after that rascal had proposed a month ago. The rest of the gang did not expect it to happen the earliest because they have just been together for more than a year, but seeing how much Jiho had change, all our questions were brushed aside. Without any doubt our friend is definitely whipped and swooning the pretty nurse every minute they're together. It is rare to see Jiho sticking to girl and being overly protective by building walls around that blocks anybody unwelcome. On the other hand, with so much hard work he has given in managing the hospital, Jiho is now opening a huge cardiology hospital in New York after achieving the highest rank in a US based accreditation. Junpyo had invested in one of Jiho's charity hospitals that are also based in the US while I invested in the other one which is based in Japan as Woobin provided man power on the building and maintenance for everything."

 

"To my other best friend, a year after their marriage, Junpyo and Jandi are still waiting for their baby to come. Both are busy with their respective carrier; Jandi juggling being a pediatrician and a dutiful wife at the same time while Junpyo is doing the impossible, turning Shinwa Empire and its associates as the greatest profiting and the best business group to ever emerge from Asia. And just like me, he is currently being pestered by his parents to provide them with bunch of grandchildren, howbeit the heavens haven't granted them yet, not that us gang know. They're kind of packed since a month ago, the idiot couple opened a charity clinic which Jandi will be handling in her free time with some assistance from Gaeul-yang. The clinic caters to those families who cannot afford proper treatments for their kids. The budget being used for the clinic comes from excess funding from Shinwa Empire and the exclusive auction proceeds from my museums."

 

"Then there's the most interesting couple that had shocked the world. Just exaggerating, but really they did shock not the world, but at least the whole nation and most specially the media. Why? Because they just popped out from somewhere declaring that they're married and are expecting a baby in five months. It wasn't really a shock for us, because we know about the wedding plans, but not the baby and the wedding happening a month after Junpyo's. The girls were all shock, yet we guys were quiet amused to how things had run too fast. During Christmas, the rascal found out that Jaekyung was pregnant making few leaps on his feet as if winning a grand price on target shooting. We were too surprised that he instantly produced a grand, but intimate wedding after that. The announcement about the baby earned great reactions from us, and Junpyo was a bit envious and frustrated which end up on few rounds of teasing. Woobin and Ha Jaekyung's wedding attendants were just us their friends, Woobin's parents and Jaekyung's mother. The father of the bride did not dare come during the wedding after he failed persuading his daughter for another engagement and still not with Woobin that even Jaekyung had thought of the act was crazy and unreasonable."

 

"And then, there is me. Uhm... I don't really know what to tell you guys, but it doesn't mean I don't have anything to say, actually I have a lot. Let us start with... okay, the Bumpkin. Gaeul-yang, is currently teaching in Shinwa University and is also a volunteer teacher at Shinwa preschool, teaching bunch of four year old kids who were taken under her spell. Yes spell. Need to ask why? Because those kids whom she teaches are always rooting and ogling for her like ducklings always trailing behind the mother duck. Everything that comes from they'll listen and all the things she orders them they'll follow like little adorable zombies. I don't really know how she does that, but maybe her charms overly affect kids. I think she's really capable of building a cult with members of toddlers as her followers."

 

"After spending some time on teaching toddlers during her Master's Degree, she had realized she wanted to teach kids. I felt being valued when she consulted me about it and ask if it's something worth to do and of course, I said 'yes'. We also had a gathering to celebrate and formally announced our engagement. Our friends and family was so delighted about the news, most specially Grandma. It was her who arranged the entire event and as expected she made it grand, yet labeled it humble. That night I had almost choke on my air when father came in front and introduce Gaeul to everyone including the media. She was no doubt the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on. She was wearing an A McQueen red flowing heart shaped tube dress with streaks of black and white. I'm actually not too keen about designer clothes for women, but man, I was so happy the creator made such gorgeous dress and kudos to my Grandma for choosing such. Seeing her wearing it with her hair let down in waves, made my head all dizzy. And then, there are my loving friends who made fun of me when I almost stumble on my feet as I went to her. Those rascals had laughed at me without inhibition. But I did not let them ruin my night. From then on Gaeul-yang have been carefully managing her time on teaching college and kindergarten students, doing and teaching photography, gradually learning the So business flow, helping Jandi, doing our wedding details with my help, being good at anything except pottery, being a bumpkin and most specially being my fiancée. I think she's doing great... really great. It's amazing how she can manage to do it the whole time without her smile faltering. Isn't she perfect? No. I know that, yet for me she is. Although she still has flaws, I just can't help, but feel so blessed to have her and then again fall for her even more."

 

"And then lastly... if you ask about me, I'm absolutely very busy and thankfully still doing great. Business is expanding to western countries, my work displays are surprisingly earning amazing recognition, my family is slowly running smoothly, my heart is beyond blissful and I'm happy that everything is going on the road well and clear. But today if you'll ask me about how I feel... I certainly don't know what to answer. Maybe anxious, nervous, extremely happy, excited and... Pure of anticipation? Honestly it's a mixture of those feelings. If I can't handle these things well, my heart might explode and I might just pee on my trousers now. Actually, I am just entertaining myself to shake my nerves... here standing nervously in front of a huge mirror looking at my reflection, but seeing the past that had gone through in my life, recalling everything that had happen until it comes to this..."

 

"Yo! Yi Jeong, aren't you done yet?"

 

The voice of Woobin pulled Yi Jeong from his trance as he looked a little startled and uneasy.

 

"What's taking you so long? The mirror might break if you will stay there longer." Junpyo stated while sitting comfortably on the couch with Woobin.

 

"You have to give Yi Jeong credits... he's taking it in well enough than you did, Junpyo." Jiho stated, making a good round of laughter.

 

"At least Yi Jeong is not walking back and forth for hours dripping wet from sweat, complaining that he’s feeling nauseous, right?" They again laughed at Junpyo who threw a pillow to Woobin.

 

"Yah! You Yoon Jiho, let's just see your behavior if it's all your turn and you... Song Woobin how dare you have a baby ahead of me?"

 

Shrugging his shoulders then flashing his smug smirk, Woobin made a comeback. "Well, I'm not Don Juan for nothing, its nature to me."

 

Yi Jeong adjusted his white silk tie and turned to his friends. "Yah! Enough of that before you two get physical. By the way, will you be discrete for a minute? I'll be calling, Gaeul-yang."

 

"Good luck if they'll let you talk to Princess."

 

Jiho and Junpyo nodded to what Woobin had stated. They look so sure and he felt helpless for it. He hadn't seen her for four days and all they had were frequent phone calls that did not suffice him. No matter how he had displayed his tantrums to his parents, they did not allow him to see her. "Why? Why would they not allow? I'm just calling her..."

 

Woobin gave Yi Jeong those condensing look to which the latter ignored, "Araso araso araso! Go call her, Whiny! Now I know why Princess calls you that... I should have known you better."

 

Yi Jeong excitedly fished his phone and pressed a speed dial. He waited for the second ring and there the call was picked up.

 

"Gaeul-yang..."

 

"Yi Jeong! How many times did I tell you not to call? She is all fine and you'll be seeing her in a few minutes. Stop calling!"

 

"Grandma! Aish! That old woman. Aish!"

 

A roaring set of laughter bounced in all corners of the room, poking Yi Jeong to the brink of frustration and embarrassment. "Great friends!" The F4 maknae stormed towards his brothers and slumped on the couch, hugging a pillow which he snatched from Jiho.

 

"Look at this man. I can't believe you're acting like a toddler in front of us. The suave Casanova is now reduced to a sulking-whiny-kid-acting adult." Woobin shook his head, eyeing his best friend's scrunched face for a while before Jiho nudged Yi Jeong.

 

"Fix yourself, we're about to leave and you can see your Gaeul-yang any minute now."

 

...

 

Seunghun looked at her daughter lovingly. She stood in front of him ever beautiful and womanly, although he still sees her as his baby. With tentative steps, she went to him, obviously controlling her eyes from spilling out tears that might brush her face; still Gaeul was glowing with pure happiness. He opened his arms and welcomed her into a warm and loving embrace.

 

"Appa, mianhe I will..." He patted her head when he noticed her faltering voice.

 

"Shhh... there is nothing to be sorry about, Honey." He held her shoulders and stared at her pretty doe eyes. "Appa is very happy for you. I am so thankful to witness this very important day for you."

 

She nodded to him as tears went streaming uncontrollably down her cheeks. "Hey don't cry, your makeup will be ruined." He pointed at his wife who stood beside them. "Look at your mother. She's been crying all along. Come here, Dear."

 

"Umah..." Gaeul called.

 

His wife, Soorin went towards them and hugged her daughter protectively, like a mother sheltering her child comfortably. "Uri aegi, saranghamnida. Please take care of yourself and Yi Jeong, okay?" Soorin wiped down her daughter's tears with her thumbs.

 

"Aigoo! Your makeup is all messed up now. Better do her some retouch." Gaeul's mother made a request to the assistant who nodded in comprehension.

 

The assistants were in the middle of giving Gaeul some retouch while her parents were watching her, when their attention was thrown to the door, somebody was knocking.

 

"Come in!" Gaeul invited.

 

There were squealing and discrete commotions and as the door went open, she just knows who were coming. "Wow! Look at you! How beautiful?" The blooming soon to be mother Jaekyung flashed her pretty smile.

 

"Oh? Hello Auntie and Uncle." Jaekyung chorused with Jandi and Minsoe when they noticed Gaeul's parents were around. Gaeul smiled at them seeing their reflection in the mirror. "Your headband is really pretty." Jaekyung went near Gaeul and enthusiastically traced her fingers on Gaeul's floral head dress which was made of crystals intricately formed into white flower petals.

 

"Thank you, Unnie! That's Umah and Appa's gift for me." Gaeul held on Jaekyung's hand earning a light grip from the later.

 

And then Jandi held Gaeul's shoulders pressing it lightly, sending a message of comfort. She has this certain connection with her that didn't need any verbal expression to be understood. And Jandi was certainly debating whether to speak or not because she knew if she opens her eyes would immediately brim tears.

 

"Hey! Spit it out, Jandi. Don't worry about the makeup." Jaekyung nudged Jandi's side.

 

"Unni!" The blushing Shinwa Mistress slightly tapped her Unnie's shoulder who later laughed at her. She then hugged her best friend and whispered. "I'm so thrilled on what the future will bring for you. So happy for you, Gaeul-ah."

 

Minsoe also went and hugs Gaeul and smiled at her, "Congratulations, Gaeul. I'm so happy for you."

 

"Thank you so much, Jandi, Jaekyung Unnie and you too Minsoe!"

 

Discretely, Jandi started weeping, making Jaekyung to tear up also. "Yah! My baby will also cry if I am crying, Jandi. Better stop it." The pregnant Jaekyung playfully reprimanded the Shinwa wife, making the whole room collapse into peals of laughter.

 

...

 

It was a warm, welcoming and comforting chapter of her life. She had grown wiser, better and thankful for all that she had experienced. And in a few more minutes, she'd be stepping into a new chapter for her to experience. Starting a new story, making another history and at a point, she would be spending it with someone she'd soon consider as her other half.

 

A year had gone so fast that she didn't even notice that she'd be a married woman soon. Yes. Gaeul would be marrying the man whom she had loved from the very beginning. The strong attraction which has started from bantering and argument about soul mates to sweet and loving relationship was meeting their end of individual life to begin their journey together as husband and wife.

 

...

 

She and Yi Jeong had been hands-on with their wedding details despite their busy schedules. Their friends were also present to help them with few arrangements as to both of their parents. The two were both thankful that Grandma Haejin had been lenient with their wedding decisions and had never press the matter when they chose Greece over Denmark. For her, both places were overwhelming and too pricy to be their wedding venue. Gaeul wanted to simply have it in Korea, but Yi Jeong had only given her two choices; Denmark or Greece. Given no other options, Gaeul settled with Greece than Denmark because of its location which was overlooking the ocean. And Yi Jeong was too happy about her choice that he immediately booked the place eleven months before the wedding.

 

In the past few months, Gaeul had been dizzy, feeling an extreme shocked on how much could Yi Jeong's family work on what they wanted. Everything about the event was well planned, from having an Organizer and Wedding Planner to wherever they need to go. She had voiced her concern about the extravagance of the event, howbeit Yi Jeong consoled her that they need those people to cover enough of the wasted time they had because of their busy schedules. With so many explanation and reassurance and no matter how much she refused, Gaeul was left to give in at the end.

 

But not just that, if they had thought that Grandma would let them manage the whole thing without stepping in the way, they were both wrong. And there, a week before the wedding, Grandma Haejin had set a private plane to send Gaeul and her family to Greece four days ahead of scheduled departure. Gaeul was so surprise that Mr. Kim, Yi Jeong Butler had come to fetch her from Shinwa where she's teaching and then sent her to the airport. There she saw her parents waiting for her, they were carrying their languages, and then the culprit came out and told them that they needed to board the private plane to Jeju Island for a one day family outing.

 

It was a bit strange to Gaeul, so thus to her parents. And her suspicion rose after seeing a huge plane on the run way. Seriously, who uses a jumbo plane just to send three people to Jeju Island? Gaeul and her parents wanted to complain, but all of them were afraid to make the older woman upset, and also because of Grandma Haejin's generosity, they obliged. It was all too late for them to back off when they realized that they weren't actually leaving for Jeju, but for Greece. Gaeul was all so surprise about the how the situation had gone out of their control, though she was also very much grateful to Grandma Haejin who generously provided her enough time to spend with her parents.

 

With the sudden turn of events, it was Yi Jeong who knew the entire thing late. He was so upset with his own grandmother on throwing such an act. Thankfully, his friends were there and also Gaeul who had calmed him, and had explained that Gaeul's parents need such chance so they could spend quality time with their daughter before the precedent wedding.

 

Gaeul sighed, recalling the entire eventful situation that she had alongside her wedding day. It was overwhelming, yet she was happy at the same time. She sighed again and watched her reflection on the mirror. Nervousness and excitement were coursing over her and all she could feel were bunch of butterflies swarming in her belly. Her palms were cold and clammy, and her heart was ramming a hundred beats per second. Gaeul was so glad to have her parents and friends with her at that moment, their presence were enough to calm her nerves and cheer her more.

 

...

 

"Nervous?"

 

"Super!"

 

"Everything will turn out great, Son." Hyunsub assured his son.

 

"Neh, Abojie, of course." Yi Jeong replied, still looking tense.

 

"Stand straight, So Yi Jeong!" Like a kid, Yi Jeong fixed his stance and nodded his head to the old man sitting in front of him.

 

"Yes Grandpa!" Yi Jeong replied, but Senior So stood on his feet and went towards his grandson. He reached to pull his shoulder while he steadied his other hand on Yi Jeong's chest.

 

"That is how you stand up straight, young man. Look your best on your wedding. This might be your last."

 

"Grandpa! Of course this is my last!"

 

"I'm just making sure."

 

All the guest and families inside the wedding hall collapsed into peals of laughter while Yi Jeong was blushing immensely, his friends had gone to laugh at him again. He then realized how it felt when it's his turn to be teased. Yi Jeong should have not teased Woobin and Junpyo during their wedding before, so he won't get the same predicament as them. It was a new thing, him laughing because of a joke stated by his Grandpa. But in fact he had gotten himself used to Senior So's sarcastic tease that had actually loosen some tight strings on him. With nothing to do, Yi Jeong shook his head and joined laughing with everybody.

 

"Jongie?" Yi Jeong whipped his head to the sound and smiled at her mother who was standing adjacent to him.

 

"Can I have a word with you?" Haneul asked and saw her son nodded and went to her. They head towards the other corridor with him behind his mother.

 

"Come here." Haneul lovingly straighten his already crumple free white suit while staring at her son with a pure adoration. She took a box, opened it and took out a white gold brooch then pinned it on Yi Jeong's suit. "Be a good husband and father to your family, hmm? Please sight a good example to your children, not like what I and your father did. I know you can do better, Son."

 

Yi Jeong reached and pulled his mother into a comforting hug. He smiled and kissed his mother's forehead, "I can do best if you'll be there to help, Umah."

 

...

 

"Oh? Halmoni!"

 

Heajin strode near and held her future granddaughter's hands. She was in awe, casted with Gaeul's innocent beauty. "Look how beautiful you are, Gaeul. I'm so thankful that Yi Jeong had brought such a loving and nurturing woman in our family. Welcome my dear Grandchild", she uttered gently.

 

Gaeul tried her best not to cry and returned the old woman with a warm and loving embrace. "Thank you so much, Halmoni!"

 

Haejin released Gaeul from the hug and held her hand to put a tiny red velvet box. "It's a bracelet similar to the brooch Yi Jeong is currently wearing." Gaeul opened the box and was speechless at the sight of the beautiful jewelry.

 

"Halmoni, you don't... "

 

"It is a gift from me and you don't have to think of anything to reciprocate it. But if you'll insist, just bare me my grandchildren and I'll be very happy." The old woman replied in a very straightforward manner.

 

Flustered by the old woman's request, Gaeul didn't know how to respond, so she ended up smiling awkwardly to Grandma Heajin.

 

"Are you ready?"

 

"Ready as I ever be, Halmoni."

 

...

 

~~~Aren't you something' to admire, cause your shine is something' like a mirror
And I can't help but notice, you reflect in this heart of mine
If you ever feel alone and the glare makes me hard to find
Just know that I'm always parallel on the other side~~~

 

The whole place looked enchanting, with rows of red roses standing out from the heavenly white designed hall, a generous amount of red and white petals were spread on the center isle purely for the entourage to walk on through, the walls and ceiling were adorned with glass and crystals, sparkling under the daylight yellow flare, the intricately designed metal seats in white, with red ribbons tied on them, and the entire altar was redesigned to look like a gazebo, with lush of wooden vines wrapped around it, and was beautifully adorned with mixtures of white roses, champagne roses, red roses and cherry blossoms to give some vibe of an outdoor experience.

 

At the entrance, guests were starting to get inside, and they were guided by the usherettes. The guests were also given with beautiful small ceramic baskets which were filled with glass art oranges and strawberries, personally made by the groom himself.

 

The bells started to ring, an indication that the wedding would be on the run at any second. As all the guests were on their respective seats, the pianist started to play a soft melodic song, a cue for the entourage to begin. The guest turned their heads on the door way, seeing the head of the So clan, So Woo Seong marching his way towards the foot of the altar, followed by Hyunsub who was escorting the ever proud Lee Haejin.

 

Then the eyes of the guest were all glued when three gorgeous men walked in smooth fashion, and were wearing bright smiles on their faces. Woobin was the first to walk, trailed by Jiho then Junpyo. And behind them was the groom. Yi Jeong was walking confidently trailing after his three best friends, ever dashing in his all white slick suit with unscathed grin on his lips. He escorted her always stunning mother, Haneul towards her seat and proceeded to stand the foot of the altar to wait for his lovely bride.

 

Everyone went on their assigned places, but remained standing to wait for the next set of entourage. Yi Jeong was standing nervously at the foot of the altar with his father beside him. He felt Hyunsub pat his shoulder, as if telling him to relax, but no matter how he tried he couldn't do it. With every single second ticking, Yi Jeong instantly felt that his head was spinning. And he could not even focus on a single thought, not even registering the sound of the piano.

 

The next set of entourage paraded, starting from the cute and lovely flower girls. They were wearing pretty white gowns and each was carrying a basket of red and white petals. Siwon came after, the cheeky kid was grinning all the way as he carried the wedding ring which was delicately pinned on a white cushion.

 

And then, Gaeul's mother started the march for the bride's cortege. She was smiling with adoration at her soon to be son who returned a shy smile at her. Trailing behind the bride's mother was the JK heiress. Jaekyung was glowing in her empire cut gown, and was smiling at her proud looking husband. After Jeakyung, Minsoe followed, she was simply elegant in her chiffon peach gown. And she dropped her gaze down her way when all of a sudden, her fiancé smirked at her. Jandi came next, dress beautifully in a baby pink knee length Sabrina cut gown, and was blushing after she caught Junpyo winked at her.

 

All those simple but noticeable moments were never seen by Yi Jeong whose eyes were darted only at then the closed entrance door. This is it! His trance was interrupted by Jiho's pat, before the latter went at the other side of the altar's foot, getting ready to play his violin.

 

~~~Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the glass, I'll be trying' to pull you through
You just got to be strong~~~

 

A slow and relaxing music came out from Jiho's instrument, and Yi Jeong breathed deep while the door was slowly opening and little by little, revealing the bride who was escorted by her father. He watched her walk her way towards him, a bit conscious on the stares of administration that the crowd was throwing her way. And his breathing went heavy and labored the moment he had clearly laid his eyes on her.

 

Everything went blur to him except for her. She was drop dead gorgeous in her wedding gown. It was the very first time he had seen her after four days and looking at her wearing a white heart shaped tube gown detailed with precious stones and crystals made him held his air. The gown hugged her delicate features, before descending to a princess cut with long and flow-y skirt beautifully trailing behind.

 

He could see her looking straight at him under her veil and he did not expect that his heart would overly react on the impact of her gaze. Yi Jeong felt his heart speed doubled and he smiled back at her sheepishly. He thought it would take forever before she would reach him, until she raised her hand for him to take. Yi Jeong held it securely, pressing comfortable touch that made her smile at him, shyly.

 

Gaeul turned to her father and hugged the man tight and lovingly. Seunghun whispered something to his daughter and kissed her forehead before turning to Yi Jeong. The father held his arms wide, openly asking Yi Jeong for a hug which the later accepted. "Welcome to the family, Son"

 

Yi Jeong nodded earnestly at his father-in-law. "Thank you, Appa!"

 

Gaeul was also hugged and welcomed by Hyunsub who complemented her beauty. "Such a lovely daughter I now have."

 

She smiled and hugged his soon to be father in-law back, "Thank you, Abojie."

 

"Ahem!" Someone cleared his throat, "How about me?" Yi Jeong pouted, only earning a chuckle from Gaeul and the rest who heard his statement.

 

"You still have a time to turn down this man, Gaeul" Hyunsub teased, making Gaeul nod her head and laughed again.

"I might just do that, Abojie."

 

"Yah!" Yi Jeong playfully poked her cheek and grinned. "Kaja!" He offered his arm which she gladly took as he led her in front of the Minister who was so glad to see them.

 

"Good morning to you, lovely couple." He greeted them in discrete manner and was eagerly responded by the couple.

 

"Good morning to you too, Minister."

 

"Brother and sisters we are now gathered together to witness the union of this couple in front of you as they vow their promise of eternity."

 

~~~Aren't you somethin', an original, cause it doesn't seem merely assembled
And I can't help but stare cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes
I can't ever change without you, you reflect me, I love that about you
And if I could, I would look at us all the time~~~

 

"So Yi Jeong, it is you to first recite your vow." The Minister said.

 

Siwon went to the altar and handed the rings to the Minister who gave Yi Jeong the wedding band for Gaeul. The couple faced each other while the crowd gave them their full attention. Gaeul saw Yi Jeong sighed comfortably and smiles at her.

 

"I really don't want to stutter so please excuse me if I need get my phone for my guide." Everyone let out a chuckle at Yi Jeong's honesty. He fished his phone, stared at Gaeul and started reading his vow.

 

"I, So Yi Jeong, promise my eternity to the person who taught me the whole meaning of life. The one person who made me realize that regret could change you in a whole lot of ways and circumstances... that facing your most dreadful fear will definitely make you the strongest person you could ever be. That forgiving someone doesn't mean you need to forget, because if you do, you will never learn the process. She, whom I am very much grateful for coming into my life and changing me into a man I am now. You Chu Gaeul, whom I am very much thankful for giving me another chance to change and be this happy, thank you so much for remembering me and all the history we made before. And by the way..."

 

Yi Jeong turned to Gaeul's parents and paid them a bow, "Umah and Appa, thank you for bringing my soul mate in this world just for me. And..."

 

He looked at Jandi and Junpyo, "Thank you so much to the two of you, Jandi and Junpyo, because I will never meet this person if not because of you both."

 

Then he turned to Woobin, Jaekyung, Jiho and Minsoe, "And you guys... I really don't know how to thank you for taking care of me and Gaeul, Yoon Jiho and you, Song Woobin..." Yi Jeong paused, slanted his mouth away from the mic and mouthed 'Saranghae (I love you)' to his best friends which earned a groan from Woobin, a wincing expression from Jiho, giggles from the girls while Junpyo shamelessly made a heart shape above his head, making everyone laugh.

 

Yi Jeong then went on, "and also the girls, you guys are awesome."

 

Yi Jeong whipped his attention to the people seated just behind him and bowed, "To my parents and grandparents, thank you so much for being so supportive with my relationship, especially you, Grandma. You just don't know how much you made me happy seeing our family complete and going great after such a long time."

 

Lastly, he stared back to Gaeul who had failed to control her tears from falling down. He reached for her face under her veil and dried her tears with his thumb. "And to you, Bumpkin", they both chuckled.

 

"I just don't know how to go on with this journey without you. I don't know what to say to you... I have a lot, but it could be just sum up in a simple sentence", he cupped her face, still drying her tears and stared at her lovely eyes. "Saranghae, Chu Gaeul."

 

Yi Jeong gently slipped the ring into her finger and held her hand tight.

 

"Otokhae?" Gaeul whispered to herself, but Yi Jeong caught her uneasiness and nervous stance. She let out a breath and smiled at Yi Jeong.

 

"Chu Gaeul, now will be your turn to recite your vow."

 

Nodding her head in comprehension, the bride reached and took the ring from the Minister. Gaeul held to Yi Jeong's hand, getting some strength and confidence from him.

 

"Keep your eyes on me", a simple statement from him encouraged her more as she lock her gaze at him.

 

"I... I, Chu Gaeul, promise my eternity to my soul mate. He who had hid himself behind his mask and had avoided others to notice the truth in him, but then in the end, he bravely let everyone see him as who he really is. I admire that person more from then on. The same person who never gave up on me, even after I forgot everything about him. He who is patient, understanding, considerate and loving to all people he treasures. He who believes on something he had been denying for such a long time. The one who honestly told me that he believes in destiny and fated red strings, and mind you, he wasn't drunk that time." Another set of laughter sounded around the hall as Gaeul went on.

 

All too gently, Gaeul slipped the ring to Yi Jeong's finger before gazing back to his dark and beautiful orbs. His eyes were already b with tears and were threatening to spill anytime soon. Swallowing the lump on , Gaeul continued.

 

"My vow to you is that you will face all the challenges in your life with me at your side from now onwards. Let's build new memories together... like photos to look back into when we're both old and contented with life. I can't wait to start my lifetime with you, So Yi Jeong. I love you too."

 

They held both of their hands and intertwined it together, smiling brightly at each other before facing the so much delighted Minister.

 

"By the power invested in me. In front of this crowd who came to witness your union... You, So Yi Jeong and you, Chu Gaeul, may the lord bless your promise of eternity and live your life together full of love and harmony. I now pronounce you husband and wife."

 

The Minister gives his attention to Yi Jeong and said, "I know you've been holding it up... you may now kiss the bride." The couple chuckle with the Minister and the crowd before they gave the Minister their bow of gratitude.

 

They faced each other then, while Yi Jeong raised Gaeul's veil. Though her tears had ran down her cheeks, she's remained beautiful and angelic to him. "You're so beautiful, Mrs. So." He saw her blush and he proudly smiled at her. Yi Jeong traced her face before he held her chin to lift it a little as he bent down to close their gap. Gaeul had closed her eyes and felt his lips brushing gently against hers. They shared a short, but sweet kiss, and then Yi Jeong held her face and planted a feathery kiss on her forehead.

 

Loud cheers and applause welcomed the newlywed couple as they paid a bow to their family, friends and guests who were still teary eyed.

 

~~~Cause I don't want to lose you now I'm looking' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart Is a space that now you hold
Show me how to fight for now And I'll tell you baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along
It's like you're my mirror My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger With anyone else beside of me
And now it's clear as this promise That we're making two reflections into one
Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me~~~

 

...

 

"Jiho, my bro, you're he one next in line."

 

Woobin stood in front of the crowd at the open reception at San Antonio Hotel, an ambitious hotel that stood right at foot of Santorini Island. The place has enchanted the guest with its beauty and unobstructed view of the Grecian sea. The yellow lights at each corner of the place was highlighted by the white colored walls and posts decorated in white and champagne roses. The dancing lights were also reflected from the infinity pool where the center stage was placed to where the bride and the groom were. They were comfortably seated on a white couch, under the shade of a cherry blossom tree which was purposely placed there. The sun was in the brink of saying goodbye and was giving his way for the moon to shine. The entire guest had enjoyed the place, the food and the entertainment that was presented to them.

 

The huge post wedding party was then turned into a private and intimate place for the couple's family and friends. The rest of the invited guests were chauffeured to a separate hotel prepared for them. Woobin was randomly chosen to host the then exclusive gathering, shamelessly dishing his best friends in front of their parents.

 

"What can you say about putting the garter on my legs?" He asked Jiho while wiggling his brow.

 

"Your legs are gross with all those curly hairs!" Jiho threw the garter towards Woobin who was laughing with everybody.

 

Minsoe was laughing hard, recalling the set up they put Jiho into a while ago. She was the one who caught the bouquet from Gaeul and Jiho was the one who had the garter from Yi Jeong. But the event turned out to be a set up plan with Woobin and Junpyo as the culprit. They let Yi Jeong instruct Jiho to be blindfolded before he could wear the garter at Minsoe's leg which ended up for Woobin to change seats with Minsoe after. Jaekyung was tearing up holding her laughter while Gaeul looked so embarrassed for Jiho. The doctor's girlfriend was being playful as she somewhat guided Jiho's hand on Woobin's leg. Everyone burst into laughter seeing how Jiho has changed his expression after feeling the Woobin's leg on his palms. Jandi was the first one to remove the blindfold feeling sorry for her Sunbae, but then still laughing at the situation.

 

"Well really, it will be great if you and Minsoe will tie the knot earlier and we'll have another set of F4. What do you think, Yi Jeong?"

 

"Let's see what will come." Yi Jeong stared at his wife who just raised her brow at him.

 

"I think Woobin got a great idea, why don't you make another set of F4?" It was the spunky Grandma Heajin who stood up on her seat to speak.

 

Yi Jeong let a grunt, but Gaeul was fast to reprimand her husband. And the entire place had collapse again from laughter as Junpyo suddenly raised his hand and asked, "Grandma, what's the catch if we'll be able to produce them?"

 

"Yah! You're making us look like a vending machine, Gu Junpyo." The always loud Jandi nudged her husband who winced in pain, but did not made an effort to retort or start banter. Gaeul and Yi Jeong instantly noticed the exchange, because Junpyo would usually banter against his wife until to where they end, instead, Junpyo simply wrapped his arm around Jandi and smiled.

 

"Oh? The catch... I'll think about that Junpyo." Grandma Heajin was left to think on what could be the best deal just for her grandsons to give her grandchildren to which Yi Jeong shook his head, watching how the idea of having a new set of F4 corrupts his Grandma's head.

 

"Don't be too hard on Grandma, Jongie." Gaeul wound her hand on Yi Jeong's arm.

 

"It's just... I feel pressured with it. Don't you?" He saw Gaeul shaking her head.

 

"If it's going to happen, it will at any time, right? Oppa was just randomly talking and I do think his idea was cute, but then we don't have any control over it." She poked his nose which he instantly wrinkled before pouting at her.

 

"Another set of F4 will be handful; I think a baby girl would be cute..."

 

Gaeul opened about to utter something when Woobin pulled Yi Jeong up, "Closing message from the Groom!"

 

"Aish! Song Woobin, your timing is impeccable."

 

"I know, but hey... we need some speech from the groom."

 

"I'm bad at those and you know that. So, why don't we just end this night with photos? I think Gaeul-yang would really love that, right?"

 

"Of course! Junho and I will take turns. Let's start with the legendary F4."

 

The bride enthusiastically went to Junho as they made a little talk. The four dashing men were now standing at the center stage having the background of the breathtaking Santorini's evening beach at its finest. The light from the city and the harbor was perfect and worth to be captured with gorgeous men standing before it.

 

Junpyo nudged Yi Jeong as he look and observe Gaeul who was comfortably talking to Junho. "Yah! Yi Jeong, aren't you jealous that your wife is talking to some other man... you know that friend of hers is quite a catch." Yi Jeong whipped his head to Jiho and Woobin who looked back at him with a blank expression.

 

"Nah... Junho is a great friend to Gaeul-yang and they're close because of that cheeky Wonie. I also know he likes her... but he knows his place. He's the reason why I decided to fly to Paris for Gaeul-yang... he knocked my head open and we're getting along great."

 

Junpyo nodded his head with an open mouth, looking back at Yi Jeong as if amazed how fair and open minded he is.

 

...

 

The photo session ended with beautifully taken group, couple and family photos. Gaeul and Yi Jeong bid their parents and friends goodbye before they head to their private villa at Firostefani, Santorini. During the ride, the car felt a bit cramped though it was spacious enough for white sports Audi R8 E. Of course, Yi Jeong bought a brand new car for them to use when they get back home, but he also didn't miss how Gaeul had purse her lips when he told her that the wedding car was actually their car wherein she had thought of it as something rented. She did not utter a word, yet he realized that she was just piling things on her basket and would eventually throw it to him when the right time comes.

 

"Hmm... Mrs. So?"

 

Yi Jeong bit his tongue feeling the words flow in his mouth making him smile in confidence realizing it all sound great to his ear. Gaeul did not seem to hear him as she continue looking at the breathtaking view of Santorini during the evening. She was musing over the wedding and the fact that she's officially Mrs. So Yi Jeong. It felt too surreal.

 

While Gaeul was silently mulling over her thoughts, Yi Jeong silently observed her expression with a contented smile on his lips. Yi Jeong did not dare bother to press in with his teasing. And although he liked it when they chat with random stuff during a ride, he also liked it when they're in a comfortable silence where he could watch her calm and wistful beside him.

 

"It's beautiful..." Gaeul gently broke the silence.

 

"Hmm?" Yi Jeong turned to Gaeul and smiled. Oh! My beautiful wife! He smiled again at the thought. Finally, you're mine!

 

"It's beautiful... your wedding vow, I mean. It's really beautiful, thank you, Jongie."

 

Yi Jeong reached for her face and pinched her cheek with his free hand. "Same as yours... you had me tearing up on that." She smiled at him, remembering how his eyes were brimmed in tears as she recited her promise.

 

"We're here."

 

Gaeul diverted her attention to a huge opening gate in front of them while Yi Jeong drove the car inside. He pulled off just in front of the veranda and went out swiftly to open the passenger's door.

 

"Welcome to our vacation house." She heard him say and seeing him widely smiling at her.

 

"It's yours?" She asked and he shook his head.

 

"It's ours, ours Gaeul."

 

Gaeul opened while she traveled her eyes around and marveled on the Villa's beauty. "Wow, it's pretty..." He saw her turned to him and by her face; Yi Jeong knew what was coming.

 

She's going to complain that I'm wasting again. Yi Jeong concluded ahead.

 

"But it's too..." Gaeul was cut from her words when he suddenly kissed her.

 

"What was it?" He asked, sporting an innocent face while Gaeul had slightly glared at him.

 

She sighed and opened again, "It's too ex..."

 

Yi Jeong kissed her again, "You were saying something?" He prodded.

 

Realizing that he was not in the mood to hear her counting the price of his spending, she dared open and spoke once more. "I said..." Gaeul immediately blocked Yi Jeong's lips with her fingers and stuck her tongue. He just paused on his spot and let her continue, "I said it's is surely expensive, but then I can't argue because you already bought it, right?"

 

He nodded earnestly, still with her fingers on his lips. "It's really pretty, thank you!" Gaeul raised her other hand and pulled him into a hug which he reciprocate instantly.

 

"There is more to see inside. So? Shall we?" She nodded and walked inside with him.

 

Gaeul was purely speechless with how the whole villa looked. It was a two level villa that was painted in white. It was composed of four bedrooms with finely furnished wooden furniture, a lavish kitchen and an elegant dining area. She also did not expected to see a whole backdoor view of the Grecian sea, seemingly connected with a descent size infinity pool that was overlooking the magnificent view of the island.

 

"I don't know what to say."

 

He embraced her from behind and whispered. "Hmm... How about gorgeous?"

 

She did not respond to his statement because she felt a tight knot in her belly from the way Yi Jeong had delivered his words.

 

"How about upstairs?" He whispered again while clearing her hair away to kiss her shoulder.

 

Gaeul's heart speedup almost abruptly and she felt her flesh broke into goose bumps. She slowly untangled Yi Jeong's arms around her before facing him and nodding her head gently.

 

He knew that she's uncomfortable, thus her quietness told him so. Yi Jeong reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers together. He gave her a kiss on the forehead and tugged her slightly upstairs. They head up in front of a huge intricately carved door that was pushed open by Yi Jeong.

 

Gaeul was welcome by a huge all white painted room that brightened by the yellow light that was coming from the chandelier and the lampshade. There stood a king sized bed, covered with white sheets and was situated just adjacent to what she concluded as a walk-in closet. Also, there was a huge white curtain which Yi Jeong had pushed aside, revealing an elegant balcony which boast an overlooking view of the infinity pool below and the wide horizon across.

 

He saw her standing behind him very silent and fidgeting. Yi Jeong faced her and she looked down the wooden floor, twisting her wedding ring around her finger. "It's okay... don't worry. You can use the bathroom first." He said gently.

 

Gaeul was hesitant, yet she chose to smile at him. Yi Jeong opened the door for her as she went in. The bathroom was specially designed with a connecting door towards the walk in closet. "You can use that door so you can change. Your clothes were kept at the left cabinet while mine were on the right."

 

"Hmm. Thank you...!"

 

"Don't take too long..." Yi Jeong whispered against her ears and she saw him smirked at her before closing the door behind.

 

Gaeul's breath caught up in and she was keeping up with her crazily beating heart. "Ottokhae?" Swiftly, she faced her reflection on the mirror and sighed. "There's no holding back." A mantra she had repeated inside her head while she started to fix herself.

 

...

 

Seated on the couch and was little troubled, Yi Jeong had smack his head for having no idea on how to handle her obviously nervous wife. His head fell into an argument against himself, debating whether he'd pursue the night, or maybe tomorrow or when she's ready? For him, his current predicament was something he had been dreadful of.

 

What if she's not yet ready? I don't want to scare her. He thought.

 

Maybe he has been thinking for quite a while that he didn't notice his wife was already standing in front of him.

 

"Yi Jeong? Jeongie, are you asleep?" Gaeul saw him leaning down and was covering his face with his palms while resting his elbows on his knees. Instantly, Yi Jeong bolted his head and caught her looking at him, concerned. "Are you okay?" She asked and he replied with a slight nod.

 

"I'll go... use the bathroom..." He stood up and excused himself from her which was strange for the fact that he leaped out away from her that instant.

 

Gaeul looked down at herself, checking if she had worn something that he didn't like. She was a bit disappointed that Yi Jeong seemed to not notice her. But far from what she's thinking, Yi Jeong definitely had noticed her. His lungs had bloated in a mere second when he saw her clothed in a black silk negligee which she covered securely with a white robe. She looked so delectable to him, even if she's all covered up. And he was itching to discard it from her one by one.

 

Get a grip! He chided himself and instantly, he muttered an excuse and strode straight towards the bathroom. Heavenly God, he needed some briefing with the man inside him, alone.

 

Shaking her concerns, Gaeul decided to stay at the balcony to have some fresh air to brush her thoughts and steady her crazy heart.

 

A few minutes later, Yi Jeong emerged out of the bathroom, wearing his white trousers and his inner white shirt. A contented grin was plastered on his face as he saw his dear wife standing at the balcony of their room. With silent gaits, he went near her and encircled his arms around her waist while he rested his chin in between her neck and shoulder.

 

"Hey..." Yi Jeong spoke gently as he planted soft kisses on her shoulder before putting a blanket over her. "Thinking about something? Mind sharing it to your husband, Mrs. So?"

 

Gaeul could only chuckle to her husband's remark. She was feeling comfortable after she had settled her thoughts to rest. All the awkwardness was pushed aside letting herself enjoy her husband's company. "Hmm. Just thinking about random things." She said as she held onto his arms that were wounded around her waist and rested her head on just below his shoulder.

 

Yi Jeong had felt that she was already at ease and comfortable with only a little hesitation lingering in her voice and actions. "It's just..." He heard her sigh and then she spoke again. "I can't believe I am already married to F4's So Yi Jeong. It's like I'm dreaming."

 

Yi Jeong chuckled loudly. "This is reality Gaeul-yang and even if it is just a dream, either way, you're mine."

 

"You're so fool of yourself, So Yi Jeong" His wife retorted, but he shrugged it off. Of course he's confident that either world Chu Gaeul would always and forever be his. His soul mate.

 

"I know you still have something in there, better spit it out."

 

"Ahhh... And... Just really happy... for us and for everybody. You know what?" Gaeul shifted her head so she would be able to get his full attention. "In six months I'm already an aunt. Isn't that amazing?"

 

"An aunt?"

 

"Hmm", she nodded. "A while ago, before we left the gang, Junpyo Sunbae said he has a surprise for me. But he won't tell me until we're back home. He's too excited and for the last second I made him spill the beans"

 

"That Jandi is pregnant?"

 

"Hmm. He looked so happy and proud that he was grinning at me the whole time."

 

"Aish! So that was it, huh? That idiot Junpyo hasn't said anything to me." A disappointed face was immediately replaced by a smug smirk. "Still, I'm happy for them and that means I'm going to be a handsome uncle soon."

 

Gaeul was rolling her eyes and slapped Yi Jeong's arm for what he said. Her husband really is overly cocky at times and with that she knew that what he said was indeed true. Yi Jeong is labeled as a sought after persona in and out of the media light. The rest of the gang had been into the lenses of their camera and were plastered on every newspaper covers and magazines all their life. As a member of Conglomerates, Yi Jeong and the rest of the F4 where known as the wealthiest and the most good looking heirs of Korea. And Gaeul had long realized the downsides of it.

 

"Jiho Sunbae also looks happy with Minseo-ssi, their wedding will be a few months to go."

 

"Oh... those two. Yeah, they'll be settling sooner than what I had expected."

 

"Really? Did you think of them not to settling down?"

 

"No. I did see them having a family, but I just did not see it coming this early. Well... anyways, Woobin and Jaekyung had me so surprise that my concern with Jiho and Minsoe went all brushed aside."

 

"Ah... You're right. Speaking of those two, I'm really happy for both of them. They've been through a lot, but they managed it well. I haven't seen Woobin Oppa this happy before... you know? He such an amazing person and deserves only the best."

 

"Yeah. He's the brother I could ever wish to have again if reincarnation is true… the three of them actually. Because of him I have you back with me now. Loving you more to my heart's content." He held her shoulders and turned her body so she could face him properly. He reached for her hands and placed both on his chest while he s his arms back to her waist.

 

"But you're more amazing than anybody else. You're perfect Gaeul-yang, do you know that?" He stared at her lovingly and her cheeks flushed with her infamous blush.

 

Gaeul shook her head at his statement. "I'm not perfect Jongie. I can't recall half of my memory before and even forgot who you are, remember?" She chuckled.

 

"So?" He heard her asked and he answered, "Yeah, but still you're perfect to me" He stated with pure honesty that it made her blush again. The time his wife broke into a sweet smile, all his attention was he drawn down to her enticing lips.

 

Gaeul froze in her smile when she saw her husband shifted his gaze from her eyes down to her lips and his hold on her waist tightened. "And now that it's just us..." His voice sounded so husky in her ears. With a crazily beating heart, Gaeul stared as Yi Jeong lowered his head to capture her lips. His lips brushing gently against hers.

 

Yi Jeong was kissing her, conveying all his heart to her. And Gaeul's head was spinning and by that, she shut her eyes tighter. They had kissed for how many times that she had lost count, but Yi Jeong's kisses at the moment was far more different than those other kisses they had. His lips had sent a different feeling of pressure against hers, it was as if he's consuming every inch of her and owning her bit by bit.

 

Gaeul's knees went weak and she needed some support, so slowly, she trailed her hand from his chest and anchored it around his neck as she tried her best to properly return Yi Jeong's kisses.

 

In Yi Jeong's case, he was simply confused and his mind was all jumbled out in searching for the answer to why he couldn't get enough every time he's kissing Gaeul and even though they had kissed so many times before. At those times when they were caught up with kissing, it would always take all ounces of his control not to lead her into something else. She's like a drug to him and she's capable of making him crazy. And just then, that she’s entirely his, he let all his inhibitions jump to the balcony as he let himself feel lost in her kisses.

 

"As I was saying... the guests were gone now. And... I can now have you... to myself alone." He said to her in between kisses and Yi Jeong felt Gaeul stiffened a bit in his arms. 

 

She might be feeling uneasy. He thought and gave her enough time to catch her breath as he rested his forehead against hers. They were both panting, and he acknowledge that he haven't kissed her that way before which could have been the reason of her reluctance.

 

"Are you scared?" He asked her with the utmost concern written all over his face. To his relief, Gaeul shook her head and smiled at him reassuringly.

 

The way Yi Jeong looked at her made her heart soar high for the visible evidence of love she saw into his eyes. Her husband loves her and it's a fact.

 

"No. I'm not scared. It's just... I..." She trailed on her statement.

 

"You're feeling... uneasy?"

 

She shook her head again saying a 'no'. "It's just I... forgot to tell you..."

 

"Tell me what?"

 

"I forgot to tell you... I have my... I have my monthly period."

 

"Oh... you have your period." He nodded without understanding.

 

Then slowly her statement had sink in. "What? What period? You have your period? You mean we can't..." All of Yi Jeong's testosterone level which was at the peak a while ago went downhill.

 

And all he was left to do was stay there and watch his wife nod her head for confirmation. Gaeul watched her husband gulped hard and stared at her blankly. She knew that she had pushed him until the edge because he looked like a kid snatched with his Christmas present. Gaeul wanted to crack and laughed aloud at Yi Jeong, but she kept silent, biting back her tongue.

 

She watched him drop his hands from her waist and heard him speak. "Why? Why now? Gaeul-yang, why now?" Gaeul bit her tongue to hinder her laughter and then Yi Jeong turned his back on her.

 

Yi Jeong badly wanted to throw tantrums at his wife, but it's too childish to do such, and so he just turned his back on her, stumping his feet against the floor. Inside, he was actually crying out of frustration and he just couldn't help not to show his disappointment. He had talk to himself inside the bathroom that it would be fine if things won't happen this evening, but then he couldn't hide being upset.

 

"Jongie... are you mad me?" He heard Gaeul asked.

 

"No. I'm not mad at you." He felt her hand wrapped around his lower chest.

 

"But why are you acting like that?"

 

Gently, Yi Jeong untangled her arms around him and faced her again. Before he started, he gave off a sigh first. "You know that I love you so much and I will never get mad at you for such a small matter..." He trailed on his words and then Gaeul saw him drop his head down.

 

"I'm not mad at you, but I hate that period. I hate periods!" He could no longer contain his frustration as he dropped his head down again, shaking his shoulders slightly while stumping his feet against the floor, like a three year old whiny. And because of the sight in front of her, Gaeul had carelessly burst into peals of laughter. Oh! She got a child as a husband, and a silly one at that.

 

"Don't laugh at me, Chu Gaeul! I seriously hate your period!"