I was Wrong

The Recognition

"The Recognition"

 

 

I was wrong

 

A laugh erupted but the sound came out like a broken percussion instrument.

 

With another round his father offered. "Of course I and my son should benefit. It was entirely because of my hard work, right? I can never imagine how it is for you if it wasn't because of me, my wife's family and my son. Will you be able to be what you are now? What a stupid bastard I am to even trust you as my father. And now that I'm here I will never give you another opportunity to flex my own son into another puppet of yours."

 

"And how are you going to do that, So Hyun Sob? Drag Yi Jeong out like a 3 year old? You know you can't, right?"

 

"Why would I haul my son out of here if you will be handling him to me?"

 

An almost choking laughter went out from the oldest man in the room. A laugh that made him cough out all the air he had inhaled for centuries. He looked like dying the next minute because of the laughter he gave.

 

"What a good joke you have there, Son. You know that I will never do that. I will never hand Yi Jeong to you until I'm done with him."

 

So that's basically it. Another usage of his grandfather. All his life he had been cast into a standpoint with all the people knowing every detail about him, all the media would crowd just to keep up with his daily routine. All those he had known earlier was because of this, a mere drama directed by So Woo Seong, his goddamn of a grandfather.

 

Then it's his father's turn to laugh. A laugh sounding like an insult directed to the old man right in front of them.

 

"How irritating it is to hear you calling me son when you never treated me as one."

 

That statement was awfully familiar to Yi Jeong. That was the exact statement he said to his father when he brought someone with him and ending up handing her to the old man. The time that he made an insult of her being a woman and then, turning that someone so mad to the point of her to pour a glass of cold water on him.

 

"I definitely can make you hand Yi Jeong to me. You might even shove him to me out to the gates.''

 

''And how will you manage that?''

''You know for the fact that Yi Jeong is the only heir you have and that you cannot just hand me your life, right? How about if you just hand it to charity because I know my son would want to put up something on his own? What will happen to your precious life then?''

 

Yi Jeong saw how grandfather's expression changed from smug to stern as steel. He was clearly affected with what Hyun Sub had said. Little by little the clarity of reason was now revealed to him. He was not dumb. He was even known to be smart and a genius.

 

But truth to be told he was blinded by the threat and superiority of his grandfather that the guts of going against him had never hit him. Not until his father had stepped in his way to clear things out for him.

 

The father that he had despised for a long time, he can't even remember. Because of fabricated reasons of him being a womanizer. Where in those times his father was bound to answer such things just like what he's been in at the moment.