Spark.

Dream, more than just a dream

 

Hyunseung arrived their dormitory and opened door. He kicked his sneakers away and walked to big living room. He had to step over Doojoon, who slept on the floor. Hyunseung sighed and crashed on the couch. I think that I start like that girl… He thought. “W-What? Who the fu-! Oh, it was only you.” Doojoon snorted and rubbed his eyes. “Yes, of course it’s me! Who else?” Hyunseung said to Doojoon who stood up from the floor and stretched. “AISH! This floor is so uncomfortable…Where you were by the way?” He asked and sat back down. “Nowhere, just walking around outdoors.” Hyunseung lifted his shoulders and continued.
“Is Yoseob already sleeping?”
“Yes, he went sleep because I started to watch football. While watching that I apparently fell asleep….Damn, my back is sore!” He moaned and walked into his bedroom while rubbing his back. Hyunseung leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes. “I can’t fall in love again.”

-----------------------------------

Next day after work Sun decided to call Alice if she could visit Alice’s home. She chose Alice’s number from the phone and called to her. Alice responded quickly to the phone. “Hi~ Sun! I waited your call!” Alice said with her brightly voice. “Oh, that’s a nice then. Anyway, can I come over there? I’m bored~!” Sun asked and Alice didn’t have anything against it. They hang up and Sun started to walk towards to Alice’s house.

Closer to Alice’s house she recognized Junhyung’s and Fay’s angry voices. Sun stopped walking and decided to wait father away behind a corner, until they leave. She started to listen to what they were yelling. “I don’t get you! First you agreed and then you say that you can’t do that?! !” Junhyung shouted annoyed. Fay shouted back something, but Sun didn’t hear that and then she heard Junhyung’s voice again. “YA! You have to do what I tell you to do. You can’t go over this anymore. Call me tomorrow, I’ll leave now.”

She heard the door closed and was sure that there wasn’t this guy anymore so she stepped back onto the street behind the corner and looked around. She didn’t see him and sighed relief. Still she felt nervous and started to walk faster towards the Alice’s house. She went inside and closed the door behind her. “Why you look so scared? Did neighbor’s dog scare you?” Alice laughed hard and Sun rolled her eyes.

“Okay, okay I’m done laughing. Anyway, why you are here?” Alice and Sun went upstairs to Alice’s room. Alice room was big and she was decorated it herself, there was a lot of pink. Sun grimaced and sat down on the bed and Alice sat in front of the desktop. “Well, I’m never been here so maybe it was time to come here and plus I don’t have nothing else to do today….URGH! How you can even living here? Here is too much pink!” Sun complained and Alice laughed. “YA! I love pink! Although you love cute things you hate pink. DEAR FRIEND YOU ARE WEIRD!” They teased each other.

Sun opened and said: “Anyway, I have something to tell y--”
Then Fay opened the door. “OH Sun, it was you! What a coincidence, I was supposed to call you.” Fay said. Sun and Alice looked at Fay who was standing in the doorway. Her long brown hair was open and she was wearing black hoodie and flower skirt. “Oh, why?” Alice asked curious. 
“It’s none of your business! Anyway, Sun…what you think about Hyunseung? You don’t have to answer, I wanted just ask.” Fay said indifferently and Alice looked at her, but didn’t say anything.

“W-What?...I-I don’t even know him but I’ve met him a couple of times...He seems nice.” Sun looked around the room and felt really uncomfortable when somebody asked about her feelings although Fay didn’t ask her feelings directly. “Why you are interested about it? Do you like him? OMG, YOU ARE JEALOUS!” Alice couldn’t be quiet and little sister. “Ha! I’m not jealous! Idiot! I saw him yesterday evening walking with Sun! So I’m just curious.” Fay said.

“WHAT? He was walking with you Sun?! Yesterday evening?! YOU DIDN’T EVEN TELL ME ABOUT IT! You have to tell me this kind of things immediately! I’m mad to you! HMPH!” Alice was joking, but she seemed a little bit disappointed. “YA! I was about to tell you about it, but Fay come in! And yes he walked me at home yesterday…” Sun said to her friend who looked angrily out of the window. Fay sighed from the door and left. “I don’t want to talk with you anymore!” Alice behaved childishly.
“HAHA, but you just talked to me, stupid!” Sun laughed.
“Oh, REALLY? WHAT’S ME!” Alice pouted angrily.
“And again…” Sun said with a bored sigh.
“AISH! You got me…Anyway, why he walked with you?” Alice asked.
“He said that here are rapists and s and it was too dangerous to walk alone.” Sun said and her heart skipped a beat when she remembered yesterday.

Alice started to smile amazed and lifted her eyebrow, but her facial expression changed a really fast. “HAHAH, he lied to you! This town is maybe the safest place that I know! AAAW, He is such a prince!” Alice smiled and laughed.
“W-WHAT? Really?” Sun asked a little bit surprised.
“YES! I think he likes you…KEKEKE~” Alice teased and Sun hit her to arm. Alice moaned and rubbed her arm. “YA! Why did you hit me! You don’t ever hit people…” Alice pouted.
“You deserved it! Blame yourself.” Sun hissed and stood up.

----------------------------------------------------------

She was already leaving when her phone started to ring. “Who is calling to you?” Alice asked curious, but Sun just told her to be quiet. She looked at her phone screen and sighed. It was Yoseob. “What a nice timing.” Sun said and answered to the phone.
“Hi Sun! It’s Yoseob!” Sun heard his brightly voice.
“Oh. Hi! Why you are calling?”
“Naaa~ I’m just so bored…Hyung is such a lazy and he is only sleeping all the time! But I didn’t call because that, I wanted to ask from you have you already eaten?” Yoseob asked.
“Well, I’m not yet. Why?” Sun said and at the same time her stomach growled.
“Great! Could you come here? We have some chicken and ramen here waiting to eat!” Yoseob said and she could imagine him smiling widely.
“Sounds nice! I’ll be there s---.”
“Uuumh, where are you living by the way?” Sun asked a little bit nervous.

Alice poked her and was almost to ask where she was leaving but Sun walked away and waved to her. Alice only looked at -opened and waved back. “AAH, about that! I can come pick you up! Where are you now?” Yoseob asked and Sun told him the place where he could come get her.

Yoseob arrived and he was driving a big gray car. It looked like a van, but it was smaller. Sun viewed the car and wondered why it was so big? Yoseob came out of the car and walked beside her. “Let’s go already!” Yoseob said and smiled widely. Sun just nodded and went to the car. Yoseob launched the car and they drove the dormitory building. It was new modern building and it was ten floors high. They took the elevator to the seventh floor.

“HYUNG! I’m home and I bring Sun with me!” Yoseob yelled from the door and walked inside. Sun followed him and bowed to Doojoon who was lying on the floor. He seemed surprised because suddenly guest. “Oh, Hi Sun. I didn’t know that you come here. Are you hungry? We have too much chicken and ramen to eat, because that guy bought too much.” He said while yawning. “No I didn’t!” Yoseob yelled annoyed and put water to boil in the kitchen.

Sun looked around the living room and wondered where she could sit. “You can sit on the couch or the floor. We don’t have chairs.” Doojoon said when he saw Sun’s confused face. Sun got embarrassed, because in London they had the dining tables. “U-Uh, okay.” She decided to sit on the floor and at the same time Yoseob brought chicken and ramen. “Here you go!” He said and sat down. “Finally, I’m starving!” Doojoon complained and took a chicken foot. Sun followed his example and took also chicken. They ate everything and Doojoon fell on the ground. “AH, it was good!” He said and patted his stomach and yawned loud. “By the way, where are you come from Sun?” Yoseob asked curiously.
“Uum, I’m from England, I lived in London whole my life.” Sun said.
“From England? That’s cool! How you can then speak so well Korean?” Yoseob asked again.
“It’s because, my dad and mom are from here. Was…” She sighed, when she mentioned her dad.
“Oh, I get it. But Are you fine?” Yoseob asked immediately when he saw it tears in Sun’s eyes.
“Ah, nothing I’m fine!” Sun repaired quickly.
“Really? Why your eyes are wet then?” Yoseob looked at Sun worriedly.
“Yes! I’m fine, seriously. I yawned that’s why I have tears in my eyes!” She said in a pique.
“But I didn’t see you…“
“YA! Stop bothering her and do the dishes!” Doojoon rescued Sun from situation.
“Not fair! I always do the dishes!” Yoseob mumbled but started to wash dishes. 

Sun wondered where Hyunseung was. She knew that he was living with these two, but she decided to be quiet about it. At the same moment door closed and Hyunseung walked to living room. He seemed surprised when he noticed Sun sitting on the floor.  “If you are looking food, we ate already.” Doojoon teased Hyunseung. “Somehow I knew it because I ate before.” He said and sat on the floor as well. “Should we play something?” Yoseob came from the kitchen. “Too tired to play around this time of eve and we aren’t children anymore Yoseob.” Doojoon said and changed his position on the floor, searching the comfortable spot. “I didn’t ask from you!” Yoseob poked him to the ribs. “YA! You little!” Doojoon hissed and rose from the floor. Yoseob run away and Doojoon followed him.

Hyunseung shook his head and looked Sun. Sun laughed and smiled to these two who just chased each other around the room.  She looks really pretty when she smiles…and beautiful. Hyunseung thought. She turned her head and their eyes met. Sun’s heart started beating and Hyunseung’s heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t take off her eyes from his eyes. They looked at each other a certain time. What was this feeling between them?

“Hey! HEY! Are you still here?” Yoseob waved his hand front of her eyes.
“Ah, What?” Sun blushed and looked away from Hyunseung and he did the same.
“HAHA, you should see your face now Sun! But anyway maybe you should leave already?” Yoseob smiled. Sun looked at her wrist watch and it showed already 21:00 pm. “Ah! You are right! I have to wake up earlier tomorrow…I’ll be leave now, thank you for the food it was good.” Sun stood up and walked to the door. “Wait! You can’t go alone! I can take you home.” Yoseob said quickly and almost started to walk towards to the door, but Hyunseung cut him. “I’ll go, you have also things to do tomorrow and I was going out for a walk anyway.” He said while put his red-black sneakers. Yoseob sighed disappointed, but didn’t say anything against it.

-------------------------------------------

“T-thank you.” Sun said outside and they started to walk toward to Sun’s apartment. “Ah. No problem.” He answered and started walk faster that he was walking ahead Sun. The atmosphere was really awkwardly and Sun couldn’t take it anymore and was almost opening , but Hyunseung cut her. “The moon is really bright tonight, isn’t it?” He said and Sun was relieved that he finally said something. “Yes it is, so beautiful.” Hyunseung slowed and Sun walked beside him. “Somehow I feel so awkward around you, although I’m not ever like this.” He said. Sun glanced at him, but didn’t say anything. She felt really nervous and her heart was beating fast. Hyunseung touched her arm slightly. She got a chill and pulled her arm away, but Hyunseung grabbed on it and didn’t let go. They continued to walk hand in hand.

Sun wondered why he held her hand. They didn’t even know each other so well. She felt really nervously and she was quite sure that his heart would explode. “I-I…” Sun stammered. Hyunseung only smiled. Sun scratched her neck with a free hand and felt really weird. She felt safe and Hyunseung’s hand was really soft.  

Hyunseung felt the same as well and he thought why he was doing this. He couldn’t let go, because somehow it felt so nice walk with her like that. They arrived Sun’s apartment. “Finally we are here…Uuum, you can let go off now.” He said to Sun, who was still held his hand. Sun let go and stepped farther away. “T-than you again walking me home…” She said.
“Just like I said before, it’s nothing.” He answered and chuckled nervously.
“Uuum, sorry if I ask suddenly but…Ah, nothing! Forget what I was saying.” He corrected himself quickly.  Sun looked at him in wonder, but didn’t say anything. “Well, I think I should leave already…Good night Sun!” He said and left. Sun sighed at last and walked inside her apartment.

“I’m such an idiot!” Hyunseung said to himself a little further away when he was sure that Sun didn’t heard him. He was almost asking her out, but changed his mind at the last minute. He sighed and continued to walk back to the dormitory building. He felt himself a coward.

Sun was ready to go to sleep. She started to think that really nice and safe feeling with Hyunseung, when they were holding hands. It felt too nice. She already started to realize her feelings towards him. It was more than a friend of the relationship. She couldn’t understand it, when she came to Korea she didn’t even imagine what is going to happen there. She shook her head and felt asleep.