Chapter 8

A Love That Never Alters

 

It had been a very hectic week for B2ST, with all the invites from TV shows and radios. They’ve worked hard to be recognized by the public, even facing the embarrassment to be called a recycled group, they endured it. And now, here they are two years later, making quite a success across nation and Asia. Thinking of how people couldn’t get enough of them put a smile on Kikwang’s face.

 

But success came with challenges, be it emotionally, mentally or physically. Promoting had been time consuming, so they spent less time with their loved ones. The need to fulfill the society needs of them, they worked so hard that it tires them mentally and physically. Thank goodness for the team spirit and the bond between members, it lessened the burden.

 

Dealing with fans also contributes to it. They love their fans, but it seemed like they couldn’t go out without being ambushed by them, and worse, by the hardcore sasaeng fans. There’s this thin line being a fan and a stalker, and sasaeng is the later. Once, Kikwang was on a date with Hyosung not realizing that they were being followed. He only left her for a couple of minutes, when it happened. The incident where Hyosung got beat up by them made him wince. She suffered multiple bruises, and it upset him that he was the cause of it. They were one of the causes of their break ups. I had to protect her from being harmed, he thought. It was necessary.

 

Kikwang stopped at the side of the pathway for a rest, hands on the cool railing of the park and stared up the sky. The snow had stopped falling three days ago, and the sun was shyly shining the park as if it’s not ready yet to be awakened. The surrounding was practically painted white by the snow, which was already thinning. Kikwang breathe in the cool crisp air deeply, before continuing his morning jog. It had been a while since he got the chance to, thanks to their busy schedule.

 

It hadn’t changed a slightest since he left this place a year ago, and he felt a rush of familiarity as he made his way to the big tree near the frozen lake. Our sanctuary, he smiled at the thought. Standing under the tree, he right away spotted the carving they both made and ran his fingers on it. Kikwang + Hyosung, FOREVER with heart shape encircling it. Simple words, yet a strong feeling tugged his heart. He remembered how he cut his hand while carving this, leaving a tiny scar at his wrist. And he remembered how Hyosung would kiss it every time they meet each other, as if it’s a ritual. My scar, as she would describe it happily and true enough, it was and still is hers. Kikwang smiled widely at the thought.

 

He brought her muffler with him that was loosely wrapped around his neck, which he did almost every day after the incident. Call him a maniac, but with her scent on it made him think of her presence and he love it.  He stood there for a moment longer, reminiscences back all the event occurred here.

 

“Who … who’s there?”

 

He snapped out of his daydream and whirled around as he heard a voice. Her voice. Immediately his heart thumped wildly against his chest, and he peeked around the tree. And there she was, standing there looking gorgeous as ever, it made his heart ached seeing her this close again. Ah, ottoke? Should I …? He thought, panicking at the thought of her seeing him. Hey, dude. This is your chance. It’s now or never.

 

“You better come out before I give you a round-house kick! I .. I know taekwando!” Hyosung’s voice raised an octave higher, obviously trying to scare him away. He chuckled at the thought.

 

Kikwang took a deep breath and composed himself before slowly stepping around the big tree, and he could hear her gasped.

 

“An … anyeong, Hyosung-shi,”

 

 



 

 

LOL. Okay, I don't have any idea for the title hence it'll just be Chapter 8 for now.

New update!

:D