Their Happily Ever After

A Love That Never Alters

 

 

“Love comes to those who still hope even though they’ve been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they’ve been betrayed, to those who still love even though they’ve been hurt before.”

 -- Unknown.

 

 

 


 

 

Her entire body hurts; it felt like a thousand pointed needles punctured through her lungs, leaving her barely breathing. Her body shook violently as she coughed, gasping for air and she could taste copper in . Blood. Tears built up in her eyes as she desperately called out for Kikwang, but all that came out was more crimson coloured liquid that stained her white wedding dress. Too much blood.

 

She could barely move her body when it tumbled down to the floor, her breathing getting shallower by the seconds, and she was slowly slipping into the darkness. The searing pain in her chest was unbearable as she sought her hand in the blinding darkness that was slowly taking over, reaching for Kikwang and it seemed heaven heard her prayer.

 

“Hyosung!” Her panic-stricken saviour embraced her in his arms, and she was instantly lifted off the ground. Everything else was a blur later; she only managed to hear his tear-filled voice telling her everything would be all right, and she wanted to believe him so badly it would. She wasn’t ready yet; to leave the world, to leave him.

 

The last thing she remembered was her choking out ‘I love you’ with full of blood and then her vision darkened.

 

 



 

 

Kikwang pressed his fingertips against the cold, thin layer of glass that separated him from Hyosung in the operation theatre. He longed to touch her, to hold her, to whisper in her ear that everything would be alright, as he had previously believed. He wanted her to know he was there for her, here to stay. But now he wasn’t so sure, and he could only listen as voices boomed on the other side of the glass, trying their best to save her. His wife.

 

Within seconds the happiest day of his life had turned into his worst nightmare, and he was face to face with the chilling possibility that he could lose Hyosung. No, Kikwang. Have faith will you?! She’ll be okay. She’ll be okay. But the image of her bloody wedding gown flashed about in his head when he looked down to his bloody fingers which had already dried up. Her blood. There was so much blood. He could barely recalled on what happened; Hyosung coughing up more blood as he carried her into the hospital, him desperately telling her everything would be all right, and then everything was a daze.

 

A slow movement behind him ripped his attention away; he turned to see Hyo Ri and Hyo Rin standing there. They walked closer and brushed up against him, not saying anything, their presence there was for silent support. They were soon joined by the rest of the boys, then the Secret girls and lastly GNa. All of them stood unmoving, their faces fixed into a permanent expression of anxiety and sadness, even with the doctors and nurses rushed about hurriedly.

 

They sat there for what felt like forever. Not moving, not speaking. The only sounds were of soft sobs coming from her sisters and the Secret girls. Everyone was trying to hold it together, he could see in each of their eyes, so similar to his own, and there was pain there. A deep unbearable pain set as far as their skins, it hovered around them, pressed into them, and surrounded them like an invincible sheet of sadness.

 

Hyo Ri seemed to be trying to pump encouragement into him with the strength of her hand holding his, even though her eyes, they told him of her sadness, her worry. Both for him and Hyosung. She knew this pain, this heartbreak. The loss of her parents taught her that; having to face the consequences of losing loved one. And he could see her heartbreak at seeing him, for having to go through this. But she couldn’t have prevented this, couldn’t have stopped it. Nobody could. They could only pray that everything would be all right.

 

They must had looked strange, all still decked out in their wedding regalia, showing how desperate they all were to get here. He was glad they were here. He wouldn’t know how to deal this on his own even if he wanted to.

 

They waited a little longer, and then a little longer. What was it taking so long? Shouldn’t they have heard something by now? Anything? Nobody moved though. Were they scared as he was that if they moved this would all be real? That his beloved Hyosung and their friend was somewhere fighting for her life, while they all sat here, helpless?

 

“She’s haemorrhaging!” He could hear Dr. Ga-Eul yelled when he heard the rhythmic beat of the heart monitor suddenly plummeted and the situation inside turned chaotic. His eyes widen in horror as he pictured the scene in there, and he was instantly on his knees, desperately praying for her.

 

Please let her be okay. Please let her be okay. Please.

 

 

 



 

 

“Clear!”

 

Somewhere in the distance, Hyosung heard people screaming around her, feeling them beat on her chest, which seemed so far away. She was drifting in and out of conscious, pulses came and went, one moment she’d be in the white cool breeze where only tranquillity and love reigned, the next someone would be trying to her back into the loud world she came from. And back again to the other world and she could feel her life being drained away slowly, her pulse weakening.

 

She is dying.

 

 

 


 

 

Her giggles brought a wide smile on his face as he twirled her around, her brown eyes twinkling when he pulled her closer to him, her arms around his neck. He laughed when it was Hyosung’s turn to twirl him around, her eyes bright and those raven locks flowing around her as they danced to the soft melody that filled around them, her white wedding dress billowed as they move. Unspoken happiness floated the air around them as they whispers words of I love you to each other.

 

And he wondered once again how he had gotten so lucky to have her loving him. Bliss; that was all he could think about when she was once again in his arms, her eyes shone under the moonlight  when he pressed a hand to her cheek, her fingers trailing down his arm before gently grasping his hands in hers with a gentle squeeze.

 

His eyes closed, he leaned down to kiss her when it all happened. The next thing he knew, she was spewing blood. A lot of blood that it coloured the whole front of her wedding dress crimson, and all the air left his lungs when he saw her life being out through her eyes.

 

“Hyosung!”

 

Kikwang awoke with a start, a sharp pain travelled down his neck and he was breathing heavily. Looking around, it took a while to take in his surroundings; he had no clue of where he was. High stark white walls surrounded him and a soft beeping sound could be heard close to him. Everything slowly came together in his head, and then he finally remembered where he was.

 

Hospital, where he had been ever since that day of her surgery when she collapsed on their wedding night. He sighed as his fingers rubbed soothing circles on his temples, trying to shake the horrible memory of the dream away – the exact same dream that had been playing for the past five days.

 

Kikwang brought his chair closer to the bedside, held her delicate fingers in his, and he looked over her sleeping face. She looked so beautiful despite hooked to monitor, multiple serums and oxygen attached to her, and his already broken heart broke a little more at the sight. The rise and fall of her chest was the only indication of her still breathing, alive. Dr Ga-Eul had said that Hyosung was going to be just fine. He wasn’t sure if he believed in her completely though. If she is, why isn’t she waking up already?

 

He her cheeks and leaned over to kiss her forehead before heading off to the bathroom. The cold water splashed across his face awoke him fully from his tired state, but he knew it was temporary. He looked into the mirror and he barely recognized himself with the unshaved face and dark circles around his hollowed eyes. Was he getting thinner?

 

He went back to his usual position, just like any other day by sitting next to Hyosung, one hand embracing hers, and talked to her. He’d rambled every single thing that was going on around them; he’d sing a song for her, watched A Walk To Remember with her (which he never fail to cry at), and he never stopped hoping that she might wake up from her deep slumber.

 

“There, I’m done. What do you think? Pretty good, right?” He picked up his drawing pad and showed it to Hyosung, a pencil bitten in his mouth, and he observed the drawing himself before placing it on top of the other drawings of Hyosung on the table top. He had been drawing her from different angles and sides, but it was still the same. Her eyes were still closed, no emotion whatsoever portrayed on her delicate face. Still sleeping, unconscious, in coma.

With a deep breath, he took the pencil out of his mouth, pressed it to a newly torn page and began to write as he spoke.

 

“She loves dancing.”

 

And those tears, he thought that were gone, fell over again.

 

“She loves singing.”

 

Another tear fell, hitting the paper and blurring those words and he continued to write.

 

“Her eyes. The rich colour of brown, shines whenever she smiles.”

 

His breathe hitched, and he bowed his head down just as the strangled sobs racked his whole body. His hand continued to fly across the page nonetheless.

 

“She is my heart, my soul ... my everything.”

 

He wrote how she smelled like vanilla and lavender, and how she liked his unfunny silly jokes. He wrote how he loved the way she blushed when he’d tell her she was beautiful. He put those words to paper, words like unforgettable, strong, brave ... his.

 

“You are my everything too ...”

 

The pencil stopped dancing across the page at the sound of that voice. Kikwang’s head snapped immediately to her and there she was, her eyes opened slightly and a weak smile pasted on her face. He kept staring at her in disbelief, afraid it was just him dreaming that, and then she stretched her fingers out to him weakly, which he grabbed it in an instance.

 

It was real.

She was awake.

 

Another lone tear trickled down his cheek when she squeezed their entwined fingers softly, a sigh escaped from both of them as Kikwang kissed her forehead gently, longingly, and then he put his forehead against her as he closed his eyes. “Thank God. Thank you God. Thank you ...” The words escaped his lips non-stop and his tears continued to drop.

 

“Hi.” She said after a short while, her voice was barely a whisper, and their eyes locked. He her face as he kept looking at her, as if not wanting the vision to be gone, still afraid that it was just a dream. Hyosung tilted her head, frail tears forming at the bottom of her eyes as she held onto his hand on her face.

 

“Hi.” He chuckled through his tears and then he kissed her lips softly. “I thought ... I thought you are never going to wake up and ... and I was afraid ... I was afraid that ... that you’d leave me. And I’m not ready for that. I kept on waiting ... and waiting ... but you ... you didn’t wake up ... and ...” He was unable to restraint the emotion as he choked through his words, more tears falling freely down his face and onto their entangled fingers.

 

“Hush, I’m here now. Don’t cry.” Hyosung pulled him closer to her, and he cried into her embrace. He wept like a child; he wept on account of her waking up, and he wept for the terrible fear of losing her. It was another minute passed by before both of them calmed down as they held onto each other and the only noise around them was the beeping from the monitor and their ragged breaths. He never wanted to let go, but he needed to alert the doctor about her condition so he reluctantly pulled away from her.

 

“I’ll go get the doctor.” His voice was husky in an increased urgency and kissed her lips once more before heading out. His heart was about to burst at the sudden surge of happiness that engulfed him. So many feelings erupted inside of him, he couldn’t even name them all. He wanted to skip and jump and bounce of the walls. He wanted to scream at the whole world. He was just so happy.

 

She is back, moving and smiling, into his arms once again.

 

 

 


 

 

Lee Gikwang stretched languishingly in his bed before he opened his eyes to the lights that shone weakly through the bedroom’s thick curtain. He then felt her delicate arm wrapped itself nicely on his lean torso, her soft body pressed against his tough one, head buried closely into his chest, her breathing even. How on earth could she be so warm? He wrapped his arms tighter around her, basking in her warmth on the cold Sunday morning.

 

He kissed both her forehead and eyes; it had been a daily morning ritual for him. He felt a smile curved his lips when the figure in his embrace started to stir, warm gentle lips pressed against the base of his neck before moving over to his shoulder – it was her daily morning ritual too.

 

“Morning, beautiful,” Kikwang greeted, her raven locks caressing his cheeks as she stirred more.

 

“Morning, handsome,” Hyosung replied huskily, smiling. “You’re up early?” She asked, a soft sigh escaped her lips when he caressed her cheeks with his thumb and she wriggled closer. Her eyes were still closed, savouring the remaining of her sleep before pressing a kiss on his chin. He loved it when she did that.

 

“Someone need to check on my little wifey here, and that someone is of course me,” He kissed her forehead once again and ran a hand through her hair. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Much better, thank you,” She answered and peeked-open her eyes to look at him. “I hope I won’t feel nauseas again today.”

 

“Then let’s just stay home. I’ll call them that we won’t be joining. Your health comes first, okay?” He was about to rise before she pulled him back down and pinched his cheek.

 

“Don’t be silly. I’m really feeling better. This is normal, all right?” A smile came to her lips. Kikwang opened his mouth to protest but Hyosung stopped him with a finger to his lips. “Not another word. We are going and that is final. Besides, I can’t wait to tell them about this. Please? With cherry on top?” She shot him her puppy-look, her cheeks puffed and lips pouting, and Kikwang knew the argument just ended. He hated it when she does that; he could never resist her charms – it weakened him and he would always fall for it, and he figured out long time ago that the effect would probably be for eternity, if he could exaggerate.

 

“I wonder how many troubles you’ve escaped so far for doing that,” Kikwang tried to hide his smile, but it broke out anyway when she scrunch her nose and stuck out her tongue at him. “You wouldn’t want to know, Mr Lee Gikwang.” In an instance, she rolled away from him and stood at the bed’s edge, smiling cheekily.

 

“Oh, is that how it is? Come back here you,” Kikwang grabbed the tail of her night gown when she tried to escape and pulled her back onto the bed. She yelped and attempted to reciprocate, leading to a moment of merry wrestling match in which the blankets and their limbs got hopelessly tangled.

 

Finally, once Kikwang had her pinned onto her back, he propped up on his elbows on the both side of her and gazed into her face. “I win,” He smiled down to her in triumph. She made a pouting face before her head rose and kissed him lightly, and bit his lower lips playfully in the process. Another moment of tussling turned into kissing, and Kikwang sighed with renewed contentment as he was lost in her kisses for an eternity he knew he was home. Every time it felt this way.

 

“I’m only letting you win because of this right here, Appa,” Hyosung emphasized on the last word and led their entwined hands in between bodies down to her belly, her smile against his lips only made him grin wider.

 

Kikwang couldn’t wipe the big, stupid grin off his face when it hit him again. Just yesterday they went for a check up after Hyosung constant vomiting, and was rewarded with the over-whelming news after the worry over her the night before. Hyosung was pregnant, with his baby, their baby! He’s going to be a father! Today it still felt almost surreal, but also very, very real. It was the strangest and also the greatest mix of emotions.

 

Appa. He liked the way it ringed in his head. He rose slightly from her and slid down to her exposed stomach before placing a gentle kiss on it, and the burst of euphoric emotion took over him when he laid his head upon it, picturing how their future baby would look like. Thick dark raven locks, a pair of eyes that smiles, a cute little nose just like Hyosung’s, probably his thick lips and not forgetting her gummy smile. Whether it was a he or a she, he didn’t care. Their baby would be very much spoiled by him and Hyosung, that he could assure.

 

He laid there a moment longer while Hyosung softly ran her fingers in his tousled hair, his own fingers splayed flat on her flat belly, caressing it lovingly. “Hey baby. Appa can’t wait to see you,” He whispered against her skin, which tickled Hyosung causing her to squirm when he kissed it again.

 

If it wasn’t for the picnic gathering they had to attend that morning, he would keep her with him on the bed and make love, shower her with words of love and praises, tell her how beautiful she was and how she complete his life – just to have her cuddled safely in his arms like they were now. Even thinking about it got him all giddy inside, but then again, the picnic. He sighed.

 

“Honey, must we attend the gathering? You’re still unwell, and it’s not good for our baby. We can go next time you know. Please?” He pleaded one last time, mimicking her puppy-eyes look, in hoping she’d listen but all he got was a light knock on the head.

 

“Very cute indeed. I was almost tempted. But we have to, baby. I really want to. It’s not like opportunity like this comes easily. Do you know it took months for G.Na-unnie to organize this? Our schedule gives us no mercy to hang out that often, and I really miss all of them. Please?” Hyosung leaned down and gazed pleadingly into his eyes, and that was it – he lost, again. Hyosung squealed and kissed him briefly when Kikwang nodded.

 

“All right, we better get going or we’ll be late. You know how GNa-unnie is like.” She rolled off the bed, reached out for her bathrobe and sashayed to the bathroom. “You know what, I feel so generous today. Want me to give you a back scrub while we’re showering?” She stopped and leaned against the door frame, and smiled at him seductively.

 

“One ...”

 

Kikwang instantly hopped off the bed and practically sprint towards her, growling as he scoop up the now giggling Hyosung in his arms and walked into the bathroom. “You’re such a tease today, aren’t you?” He nipped her ears playfully and growled again, and pulled her body closer to him.

 

“Because I know you love it.” She whispered back and s her arms around his neck as he carry her underneath the shower. She always knew how to tease them in the most perfectly torturous ways. He moaned into her kiss and it made her laugh into his. He loved her like this. Well, he always loved her. But knowing he didn’t have the upper hand this time around wasn’t good.

 

They ended the morning right back where they had started before the shower, and somewhere in amid whispered ‘I love you’s’ and gentle touches and bare skin against bare skin, he realized that there was nowhere in the world he felt more at home than with her in his arms, and he’d do everything in his power to always have her there with him.

 

“Honey, GNa-unnie is going to kill us right?” Hyosung said almost an hour later, her words were muffled against his chest and he pulled her closer to him. “Ten more minutes, and we’ll get ready. Just ten more minutes, okay?” His eyes closed, he tucked her head under his chin, inhaling the scent of vanilla and lavender that came from somewhere just beneath his skin. And she wondered why he always wanted her in his arms like this.

 

“Ten more minutes then,” she kissed his neck and wriggled closer to him, one hand on around his waist while the other tracing lazy patterns on his toned chest and kissing it softly. “I love you,” she whispered, lifted her eyes to look at him, a content smile formed on her lips.

 

“I love you too,” He whispered back into her hair and his side so they were facing each other.

 

No words were spoken between them – they already knew what the other was thinking, since they had known each other for so long. Kikwang simply took the time to look at her, just to bask in the remaining moments thinking on how this small woman in his arms had such a huge influence over his life.

 

Memories of the past invaded his head as he continued to ponder on the thought. Two years. It had been that long since her last battle with cancer that altered both of their lives permanently; all the tears shed, the terrible pain and sufferings that left an invincible scar – had ended. It took another five months for her to completely heal after she woke up from coma, going through another multiple treatments, just to make sure the cancer cells were completely gone.

 

He marvelled at her courage to make the toughest decision in her life – leaving the entertainment world. It was hard but it was for the best even it was crippling for her, for her health sake. It had been her ultimate dream to be a singer, to make it to the top. It was her dream. But you’re my new dream now. She told him one night, and it left such an impact on him seeing how deep her love was for him.

 

The day she announced the news to the world, he could see how heart-broken her fans were as they were crying as if she was never coming back. Older and younger fans alike shed tears but they understood and respected her decision, as they too would rather see her healthy and going instead of falling sick.

 

It was such an epic moment when Secret did their final concerts, which was held for three days in a row, fully seated. Tens and thousands of fans and celebrity friends came to support and to see her final performances. During those three days, the air was filled with all sorts of emotions – sadness, happiness, excitement, all mixed in one.

 

He knew because he was there to witness it all; he heard the ear-shattering screams chanting to Secret’s every lyrics and saw how they shed their tears when it was time for the curtain to fall. Hyosung especially, cried the hardest. It pained him so deeply to see her that moment, but he knew she was hurting more.

 

She didn’t leave the entertainment world completely though; she was now his personal manager (aside from Joon-Hyung) as he continued on with Beast activities. She partly aided him with some of his schedules and task, tagging along to most of the shows or concerts Beast attend to, and would loyally stay by his side to give him support.

 

“Being a singer and a dancer was my dream and passion, but after all that happened and being married and all, I know in my heart that my calling is different now. I belong here, by your side, and this is where I’ll truly be. You’re my new dream, remember? And that is for eternity,” She said to him one day when he asked her again whether she wanted to get back on stage. His heart never swelled so much hearing those words she spoken. He too knew where he belonged, knew then that Hyosung was his heart, just like he was hers.

 

Part of each other, half of a whole.

 

 



 

 

Five years later ...

 

“Honey! Jun Ki!” Hyosung called up the stairs.

 

“Coming! One minute!” Kikwang yelled back.

 

Hyosung chuckled when he heard the faint fuss little Lee Jun Ki made as they made their way down – it was Kikwang’s turn today to dress him up. She wondered how her baby boy would look like. She watched as Kikwang and Jun Ki walked down the stairs hand in hand, and her smile got wider.

 

Her husband was in his favourite blue button down short sleeve (which he left ed) with white cotton T-shirt underneath, and Jun Ki was wearing the exact copy of his father’s, only in smaller size.

 

Hyosung loved her boys.

 

Lee Jun Ki was five today. He was the spitting image of Kikwang when he was at his age; thick wavy hair, smiley eyes, red pouty lips, and a cheerful five years old. But even at such a young age, he was fiercely protective over both his little sister and mother, and Kikwang never fail to tell her how proud he was of that fact. The Lee’s, after all, tend to watch over their girls like no other. He too liked to dance, and would find every opportunity he got to make Kikwang teach him dance moves, which he was more than glad to do so. He had been dancing since he’d known how to walk, just like his father. He was appa’s little boy.

 

He was a bit of omma’s boy too, which surprisingly, both Kikwang and her loved. He was their first born, and he and Hyosung shared a bond that even Kikwang couldn’t understand sometimes. He was bubby and kindhearted, and her sister Hyo Ri insisted he was the same as Hyosung was as a young child. 

 

He’d wail if Kikwang was ever to leave him when he needed to be at the CUBE headquarter for some business. Kikwang was no longer an idol now, but act as one of the CEO in the company, just like the rest of the ex-Beast men ever since Uncle Hong resigned.

 

Lee Hyerin, who came along a year after her brother (she was four now), most of her traits leaned more towards Hyosung this time. The physical features and attitude, although she had her father’s stubbornness, but she was Hyosung’s little girl.  She remembered how Jun Ki enamoured with Hyerin as soon as she was brought home from the hospital. He was careful and gentle with her.

 

The first time Hyosung was holding Hyerin on the couch and Jun Ki climbed up to kiss his little sister’s forehead, Hyosung actually cried. And when the boy saw her tears, he reached out with his little hand and carefully brushed them away, then kissed her cheeks.

 

Not once had she ever stop thanking God for the blissful life she was leading now.

 

Kikwang as one of the CEO of CUBE Entertainment, and they’d never been more financially secure. Hyosung sometimes would offer to be TSE’s dance instructor when she had too much free time in her hands, and she was thankful most of her choreography was a hit, and was paid off well too. To say their bank account was padded would have been an understatement.

 

“Okay, come on boys. Let’s go,” She said from the door, holding Hyerin’s hand as they made their way out. “We don’t want Uncle Doojoon to be upset for being late, do we?”

 

“Appa, carry me!” Jun Ki pleaded, smiling as he flashed his adorable puppy-eye look that he took it from Hyosung, and she knew Kikwang would comply to his every words with it.

 

“Alright, superboy,” Kikwang said, lifting him up effortlessly and perched him on his left arm.

 

They were greeted with the shrill screams of kids running around in the front yard of Doojoon’s house when they arrived, and Jun Ki immediately joined Doojoon’s twins, Daesung and Daehyun and ran off, leaving the three of them behind. They lived just a couple of houses away from Doojoon and the rest of the Beast boys and Secret girls. They couldn't seemed to live too far apart after years of living together.

 

“Omma, can I go play with Eun Mi and Eun Hae now?” Hyerin asked as she waved enthusiastically at Doojoon’s other pair of twins. He was blessed with twin boys and girls when he married Gayoon not long after they were married and it was a lie if she said no heart was broken when it happened. Fan girls wailed for days, even though they were happy at the same time for he too had found somebody to love.

 

“Okay,” she said with a smile, releasing her hand and watched as she took off as fast as her little legs could carry her, eruption of giggles and squeals when they hugged each other. She could tell they'd be bestfriends until the grey hair greets them, just like how their relationship with their friends were now.

 

Kikwang wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and she wrapped hers around his waist as they walked to the back yard. “We make beautiful babies, don’t you think?” Hyosung smiled as she looked up at Kikwang. He pecked her gently on the lips and looked back to their children.

 

“Indeed we do, Mrs Lee,” She saw a smile tugged on his lips. It wasn’t the first time she’d made such statement, and his response was always the same.

 

Doojoon and the rest of their friends were waiting at the corner of the yard, and they joined them not long after. They never lack a little bit of fun when they gathered together; the boys and men splashing about in the pool while the ladies and the girls sat on the picnic table next to pool and talked about from what was hot in store to how to find a good man for those unmarried ones.

 

Hyosung’d had hardly been within ten feet of Kikwang all day, and when she was, they were helping the kids with their little games or barbecuing the burgers or doing something else that required their attention to be focused on anything but each other.

 

“Noona, didn’t your honeymoon ended five years ago?” ZELO joked, receiving a playful punch from Hyosung when Kikwang asked her to feed him. Everyone joked that Hyosung and Kikwang had forgotten that the honeymoon phase was supposed to be over years ago. Hyosung giggled at the thought. They still couldn’t keep their hands off each other, and they absolutely hated to be apart.

 

“You look so damn y, kittee,” he whispered in a low voice as he came up behind her and placed a hand on her hip, pressing his body against hers.

 

“Thank you,” she chuckled. “I figure I better wear this dress while I can.”

 

She felt him tense behind her, wondering what that statement meant, and he had a furrowed brow when she turned around to face him. She smiled and he looked at her expectantly.

 

“I’m pregnant,” she said, and was happy when she saw his face lit up.

 

He had her in his arms so quickly that it made her laugh and it took her a moment before she reciprocated. He didn’t say anything, just kissed her below her ear, then on the cheek, then on the lips.

 

“So I take it you’re happy, then?” she teased after he pulled away slightly.

 

“You have no idea,” he said with a huge smile, leaning in to kiss her again. “I love you, kittee, so much.”

 

“I love you so much too,” she echoed, letting him wipe away a tear of joy from her cheek. Over the years, he would still use the nickname he came up with for her, and would only use it when they were alone together.

 

“I love you,” he repeated again before kissing her and pulling her against him.

 

He murmured something amazingly y in her ear and she blushed, and opened to remind him of where they were, but he just kissed her again and told her that he couldn’t wait to get her home. They spent the rest of the day by just enjoying the moments they had left, seeing how some of them were still active in the entertainment world, wondered how long it would be before their next gathering.

 

GNa had reached her goal on becoming one of the nation’s top singer, placing herself in the same level as her respected seniors, which Hyosung knew meant so much to her. Beast and Secret disbanded a couple of years after her resignation, each of them finding a new path in life after what happened. Zinger as one of the dance instructor slash rap mentor to the trainees in TSE, Sunhwa as one of the MCs in many variety shows, and Jieun went as a solo singer. MBLAQ, 4Minute, INFINITE and KARA made it on becoming the nation’s top idols as well. And she was happy to know her juniors, the B.A.P. boys, were making a prominent mark on becoming the next top boy group in Korea.

 

“Omma, Eun Mi and Eun Hye said that they want to sleep over tonight!” Hyerin’s scream broke her train of thoughts, and she was running towards her. “Can they? Please please pleaaaaaaaaase!”

 

“Of course they can,” Hyosung answered, pulling her daughter into her arms. Kikwang leaned over and kissed his daughter’s forehead. She let out a yawn, and Kikwang checked his watch and noted that it had been a long day.

 

“Are you tired, kitten?” he asked, using her pet name he gave her, not far from resembling Hyosung’s, as she rested her head on her shoulder.

 

"No," she said, obviously a blatant lie. She raised her arm and rubbed her eye with her hand balled into a fist, one of Hyosung' favourite things she did. She fell in love with her a little bit more every time she saw her do it. She couldn't explain it, she just found it absolutely adorable.

 

"What do you think, appa?"Hyosung asked, looking at him imploringly, letting him know that the moniker had more even meaning now. "You think we should go home?"

 

He took a deep breath as he thought of being alone with his wife after the kids were asleep.

 

"I think that sounds perfect," he admitted in a voice only Hyosung would know was meant to make her heart race, which it did. "Go say bye to everyone, kids."

 

Hyosung set the girl down and they watched as her pony-tails bounced as she and her brother hugged and said goodbye to everyone, to their family.

 

Kikwang wrapped his arms around her waist and she turned her head to look at him. "What do you think this one will be like?" he asked, running his hand over her stomach.

 

"Both of us. The best of both of us," she said quietly, resting her hands over his. She felt her heart swelled in her chest once again, witnessing the love they had shared over the years blossomed into one of the utmost bliss in their life. And she had always known the love she had for him would be there until her final last breath, and so would it be for him.

 

The love they shared, was a love that would never alter.

Forever.

 

 

 

- THE END -

 



 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

And with that, I conclude that this is the end of A Love That Never Alters.

 

I want to cry, really. Someone hand me over a box of tissue. No, make that five boxes. *cries my heart out. My utmost thanks and much love to all my readers who had been nothing but supportive of me through out the whole journey of writing this story.

 

iitadakimassu, missecretlover, LeeKikwang, ichiru, reenissie, FlyingHigh, acekiwi97, xStar13x, Hasnida, pockyisawesome, hahasohigh, hyoan_secret, babyloveeex3, SourTangerine, sizukahowon, giggle, Joolay, shah234, and to all my silent secret readers.

 

 

I thank you, for all the loves given. I love love love LOVE you all so much!

*bows down.

 

From here, I'll be regularly updating Back To Memories so do anticipate for more stories from me!

I love you guys so much! If I can fly to you, and give each of you a big bear hug, I would!

*hugs tightly.

 

 

See you when I see you!

Bye!