Back to the painful past... Do you feel guilty now?

Bad Boy Crush

Hye Shi’s P.O.V

The next day in class…

Everyone was sitting and talking while doing their assignment, they were all having fun… except us. We just sat there in silent. Niel was still ticked at me for not getting the right note. I was still ticked at him that his crazy fans attacked me.

“This is your entire fault,” Niel blamed me, “Why can’t you hit the freaking note?”

“I don’t want to hear this anymore, I’ve had it. I’m leaving,” I said as I got up. I didn’t deserve to be treated this way at all. I then walked my way up to the door where Nichkhun’s desk was next to. Then when I was about to exit the door, a fierce hand suddenly grabbed me and spun me around. When he did that, my hand accidentally knocked a glass object off of Nichkhun’s desk which made a huge crash on the floor and shattered to hundreds of pieces of glass.

“Yah, you can’t leave!” Niel yelled still gripping on my hand.

“Ow! You’re hurting me Niel.” I said struggling to break my hand free from his grasp.

“You two!” Nichkhun yelled from the other side of the room. He quickly ran to us and looked at the mess, “What happened?” Niel then let go of my hand in a harsh manor.

We began blabbering what happened on our side of the story. It was such a mess Nichkhun couldn’t follow.

“Wait! Remember I’m not fluent in Korean and my comprehension is limited. Well what ever happened, both of you reflect on it, go to the janitors closet and get the broom and sweep this mess up.” Nichkhun said pissed while motioning his hand to a guy in his desk to come over and he then whispered stuff into the guy’s ear. The guy then nodded his head and Nichkhun gave him the keys. “Key will lead you to the closet. I also gave him the keys to open the closet.”

“Okay,” we both said as we headed out the door and followed Key.

As we reached the closet, Key opened it, “You guys should go in and find it,”

“Whatever,” Niel replied and went in first, then I followed him in.

Then suddenly the door slam shut and the door knob clicked to show it was locked now. We both quickly went to the door again and pounded, “Yah! What are you doing?”

“Sorry, Nichkhun said I had to do this. He said that I had to trap you guys in here so you guys would reflect on your behavior and action, and if I didn’t do it, he’d fail me right here and now, I’m really sorry!” He said and then we heard footsteps running away.

“Uhhh! What was Nichkhun thinking?” Niel said, “We wouldn’t last 10 minutes together in here. AHH! I’m gonna go crazy!” Niel whined.

I just stood there. Was I that bad? Does he hate me that much? Then Niel faced me, “Yah! This is your entire fault. All because you couldn’t get it right. It’s so easy, are you stupid?” Niel’s harsh words went through me this time. Just like the past, the same words that surrounded me when I was small by my step mothers, ‘why are you so stupid! Why can’t you just die?!’.

I looked down, “Why did you say that?” I asked him.

“Because it’s true, you wanna hear more about the truth? You’re just an insecure that’s shy because you’re afraid everyone will judge you, will hate you. But the truth is that you hate yourself, you hate yourself more than anyone ever will. And the biggest truth here is that you have no talent, not even a little talent. Every time you sing a note, you crack. It’s always out of tune and you sing the wrong measures! You’re a hopeless idiotic girl that has dreams way out of her reach! I don’t even know how you got accepted.” Niel was breathing furiously now. His eyes narrowed down on me as tears fell from my eyes.

I dropped to the floor and cried. Everything he said was… true. I am insecure, I do hate myself because I can’t be who I want to be, say what I want to say. I can’t do any of it. And I couldn’t save the person I loved most.

“You right…” I murmured out, “You’re right about everything,”

Niel’s P.O.V

“You’re right… You’re right about everything,” Hye Shi murmured as she sat sobbing on the floor. Ahh, it was music to my ears. I’m always right about these things. But usually every person I tell off usually stops crying and they run off far away, but Hye Shi didn’t stop. She kept crying and crying like a waterfall.

“St-“I began to say but she interrupted me.

“I can’t change who I am, even if I want to. Do you think I want to be like this?” She stared straight in my eyes, I could see the sadness tucked away in those tear filled eyes of her, they seemed like they wanted to forget but the memories kept haunting her, “I had a great life before all this, before everything happened…” Hye Shi was finally speaking her mind, “My mom… was killed in front of my eyes by a scary man. He would have killed me to but my mom shoved me under the bed but there wasn’t enough time for her to go under too.”

Flashback to 4 yr old Hye Shi


“Mommy, what was that crash downstairs?” I asked while holding tightly to my ripped teddy bear.

“Nothing dear, but come on and hurry. We have to go in mommy’s room now,” Mommy said as she picked me up and ran to the room.

She quickly locked the door and turned off the lights. From outside the doors, there were calm footsteps approaching. “I know you’re here. I can smell your fear in the air.” A chilling and scary voice said.

“Mommy,” I said as I hid behind her, “I’m scared,” tears fell down my face as I shivered.

“Don’t be honey. Everything will be okay, I promise. Mommy won’t let that man hurt you.” My mom bent down to my level and caressed my cheek to comfort me then she kissed me. She then pushed me down to the floor and made me crawl under the bed, “Now don’t come out until I say so okay?” I nodded my head.

“What about you, mommy?” I asked. My mom put the quiet signal on her lips.

“I’ll go under with you in just a minute, but no matter what, do not make a sound either, understand? Everything will be okay if you do everything as mommy says.”

I nodded my head. My mom then quickly went to the dresser and searched in the cabinets. The door started pounding. She began to rush and when she found what she was looking for, she let out a big sigh. Then as she made her way to the bed, it was too late. The door burst open.

I covered my mouth because mommy told me not to make a sound. I saw mommy’s foot back up one by one away from the man standing at the door.

“Long time no see,” The scary man said in a playful voice, he sounded the same age as mommy, “I expect you’ve been doing well?”

“W-Why are you here?” Mom stuttered. You could tell she was frightened.

“What, it’s been five years? Four and a half? Aren’t you happy to see me?” He asked as he leaned on the dresser.

“No, how did you find me? What do you want?”

“Oh, Lilly, Lilly, Lilly. I can’t come to see my st-” The man said but was cut off by my mom. (The mom was given an American name when she was born)

“Stop! You don’t deserve to say that, not after what you did. Now tell me why you’re here!” My mom screamed. She sounded like she was crying. She was standing in front of the bed I was hiding under.
“Fine, I’ll cut to the chase. I’ve came back for what was mine that you kept away from me. The only thing you’ve protected and had me in jail to keep safe. I want it back now.” He said in a dead serious voice.

“No, anything but that!” My mom rashly responded.

“But first, I need to take another precious thing from you,” He said as he walked closer. It sounded like he pulled something out too since my mom shrieked as she saw it.

“NO! Don’t come close to me!” She screamed as she fell to the floor in front of me. Mommy turned her head to me. Tears filled the eyes that told me one thing ‘I love you’. Then something shiny and pointy flew down and into her chest. Mommy gagged and cried in pain as blood dripped from .

I still covered my mouth and didn’t make a sound even if I wanted to cry out and scream. Tears fell down mommy’s cheeks as she stared blanklessly at me now. She stopped gagging and just laid there without a sound. I cried along with mommy. I still didn’t make a sound or go out to her no matter how much I wanted to because mommy said not to, she said do everything as she says and everything will be okay, but why isn’t it?

“Hah, foolish Lilly. You should’ve listened 5 years ago.” The man who killed my mommy said. He then touched her face like he cared for her. But that couldn’t be, he couldn’t have. He killed my mommy, how could he possibly care for her if he did that?

When he left. I was still scared to come out. I wanted mommy to be okay, so I stayed there until daddy came home. I wanted everything to be better. As daddy ran upstairs as he came home, I saw him stop at the door of the room. Even if I couldn’t see his face. I knew he was terrified. He quickly ran to mommy, “LILLY! LILLY! WAKE UP! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME!” Daddy got on his knees next to mommy and he hugged her as he cried. “You can’t leave me, not after all I’ve sacrificed for you Lilly, you’re too cruel.” He murmured to her as he her hair.

I wanted to run into daddy’s arms but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t make a sound. All I did was cry along with him in silence.

End of Flashback

Hye Shi continued in a low voice, “then later that night, when the police came to investigate. They found me and sent me to the hospital because I became dramatized and unable to speak or walk until I recovered from that night. But you know, ever since that night happened, my dad never looked at me. He re-married a few times and I never really got to see him much again, he kept avoiding me. Even when all of his wives abused me every night, tortured me, made me feel as if I weren’t human. I still took it as punishment for my mother’s death. I could’ve done something, I could’ve helped her. I couldn’t trust anyone else either. So when you say I’m insecure... I am insecure, I’m afraid that it’ll happen again, and I’m afraid that if it does, I won’t be able to do anything to help again.”

Wow… I began to feel bad. I shouldn’t have said that, I shouldn’t have said any of that. Shame began to surround me.

I looked down at Hye Shi. She put her head down again after telling me the story. I then sat beside her and put my hand out to let her rest on my shoulder but I stopped half way because I couldn’t bring myself to do it. All I could do was sit and stare at her and her crying self.

------------

How do you like the update? Hye Shi's past is revealed, will Niel treat her better? Hehee :) it was a sad chapter, I hope i didn't make any of you cry T-T well I'll update soon~ <333