Falling Apart

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

Taehyung's POV

______________________________________________________________________________________

""Kookie, are you ok? You took something, didn't you?"

Jungkook flopped his head to the ground with a thud. He grabbed the sides of his head whining loudly in pain.

I watched in a panic as blood started flowing from his nose. He mumbled something incoherent before passing out.

"Jungkook!  Oh my god. Wake up!" I said, shaking him. I felt my eyes start welling up.

"We'd better take him to the hospital. Come on, I have a just car down the hill." I heard the guy beside me say.

I froze for a few seconds in disbelief. We were having such a nice time, that night. Not even an hour ago, I was looking into his twinkling eyes as he pointed out Orion's belt. I should never have let him go off with a stranger. I became too overconfident, thinking nothing would go wrong.

I had forgotten how he's still new to these things because he always tries to act so strong. He got mad when people call him naive or a child but that didn't mean he wasn't those things. To think I got so distracted by petty girls and alcohol made me feel like a piece of .

The older guy lifted his body up, with the help of another. I stood up and turned around, letting them drape his limp body onto my back. His arms dangled over my shoulders and his head fell to the side.

Without a word I began walking forward, past the throngs of people who were now surrounding us. I cringed at how heavy he felt, tighly holding onto his legs. The handsome older boy quickly followed me. He patted my shoulder and lead the way to where he was parked.

He hinged my arm onto his to make sure I could walk steadily as the ground became steeper. The music grew fainter as we neared a small dirt lot with several cars lined up.

We found his and carefully brought Jungkook to the backseat, laying him down.

I closed the door, wiped my tear laden face and got into the passenger seat.

We peeled off in silence, heading towards the emergency room at the local clinic.

 

Once we got there, we called out for help, telling them he was unconcious and he might have drugs in his system. As soon as they saw the blood running down from his nose to his chin, they immediately put him on a gourney, rolling him past the double doors. A nurse blocked my path and told me, firmly, that I couldn't go back there.

"I guess they're worried he might have overdosed. They have to act fast if that were the case. You have his blood on your shirt, by the way." I heard behind me.

"I'm sorry..what was your name?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Oh, I'm Jin.,and you are?"

"I'm Taehyung and that was Jungkook. Thank you for helping us. You really don't have to stay." I gave a small bow.

"It's no problem. Those parties can get crazy and I like to keep a look out for those who are in trouble. I'm terribly sorry about Leo. He's a friend of mine and he tends to be a pretty scary drunk. We try not to let him drink but....I've had to pull him off people before. I sure hope your friend's alright."

"Well, I guess I'll find out. The beating didn't seem to affect his mood though...until he passed out.." I trailed off, zoning out at the memory.

"He probably just took some pink esctacy. Some people can't handle it. It should wear off in a few hours, though." he stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder "Don't worry, he will be fine."

I looked up to meet his eyes and nodded, slowly. He forced a smile but my expression remained somber.

He lead me to the waiting room where we took a seat. It was pretty empty, which wasn't surprising for a small clinic in the middle of nowhere.  An old man complained about them attenting to us first, since he had been waiting for awhile. He told them he was in a farming accident but the nurse said his injuries weren't severe enough and he could still stand on his own two feet.

I glanced over at Jin, who was flipping through a magazine and sighed. I shook my leg, nervously, wishing they had let me go in with him. What the hell were they doing in there?

 

 

"Jeon Jungkook's brother?" A short, middle aged man, in a long white coat asked as he stood in front of us.

"No, we're just friends. Is he alright?" I quickly said.

"His inflicted wounds were superficial so he should be fine, in that regard. What concerns me is that we found a high amount of para-Methoxyamphetamine, or PMA, in his bloodstream. It's a common drug found in ecstacy pills and the combination with MDMA is pretty dangerous. The patient is unresponsive. "

"What are you saying?" I asked, scrunching my face up.

"There's no easy way to say this. The combination of chemicals have lead to something called Serotonin Syndrome. I'm afraid your friend is comatose."

I stopped breathing. I stared blankly ahead, wishing I hadn't heard that. My body felt heavy and I heard a continous high pitched ringing in my ear.

The doctor continued. "Now, he may wake up after the drugs leave his system. In most cases, however, it's unpredictable."

"Can I see him now?" I stood up and said, impatiently.

 

 

"I'm so sorry Kookie...I should have never left you alone. This is all my fault." I sat next to him on the bed, hovering over his peaceful face. I ran my fingers through his hair, fixing his bangs like he had done for me. His cheek was bruised from the punch but he still looked so beautiful and serene.

I felt terrible, still, but being near him eased my mind. At least I knew he was safe. I slipped my hand into one of his and held it near my face, giving it a kiss. "I've heard someone say that people can still hear you when they're in a coma. I hope you know...I would never choose those girls over you. I just got kind of jealous that you were so eager to go off and dance with that girl... I'm a dummy, I know. You can give me a big smack in the head when you wake up." I chuckled, slightly.

"I'll be right here when you wake up, ok?" I smiled, his cheek.

I layed down next to the small space next to him, dozing off.

 

I looked up at the wall clock, blinking my eyes. An hour had passed since I fell asleep.

I stood up in surprise, stumbling back, when I saw his parents rush towards us. I guess the doctors had gotten their number from his phone. His mother bent over his body in tears, repeating his name. His father squeezed his unmoving arm and patted his wife's back with his other hand. He glared at me, occasionally, with anger in his eyes. They stood there for a minute before both their gazes turned to me.

His mother stomped over to me, enraged.

She gave me a swift slap to the face. "You did this!! Jungkook was such a good boy before he met you! Now you're feeding my baby drugs!" she started screaming out.

"Stay away from him! If I see you anywhere near my baby I will press charges, you son of a !" She came closer, holding my gaze. "You are dead to him, you understand? Don't come and visit.. don't call.. and you might want to drop out of his class, unless you want trouble. Get the hell out of my sight." She turned away in disgust and went back to her son's side. 

I glanced one last time at the innocent sleeping boy and stormed off.

Jin noticed me and followed as I passed through the waiting room, heading straight for the door. "Am I taking you home?" He called out but I ignored him.

He unlocked his car with his key chain as he noticed I was heading for it. I quickly got in and stared ahead, my mind feeling cloudy.

Jin got into the driver's seat and put his key in but didn't start the car. The moment he slammed the door shut, I couldn't hold it in.

"!" I banged my fist on the dashboard, repeatedly, gritting my teeth.  He looked over towards me, without a word. I didn't stop until my knuckles were bloody.

"God, I'm such an idiot!" I growled and curled my fingers into my hair, panting, nearly pulling it out.

Jin waited until I had calmed down slightly, before simply asking "What happened?"

 

"I think I'm in love." I turned to meet his eyes, tears falling down my face. "..but I ruined it. I lost him." I sniffled, meekly.

Jin furrowed his brows and immediately pulled me into a warm hug, making me cry harder.

I hugged him back and sobbed loudly, digging my face into his chest.

 

 

 

I was really thankful for Jin, who drove an hour to get me home. I wish I was better at showing my gratitude but other than ual favors, I don't feel I have much to give. I tried to tell him he should crash on my couch, since it was the middle of the night. He declined, laughing uncomfortably at my offer and insisting he was fine with grabbing an energy drink on the way home. He gave me his number and told me to let him know how everything turns out. Then, he wished me luck and was on his way.

There was no way I could sleep. I somehow felt an inspiring buzz from all of this.

The image of Jungkook's face wouldn't escape my mind. I had decided it was best for everyone if I stayed away from him, although I really did not want to. I figured it was just my evil, selfish tendencies, clawing away at my heart. I couldn't let that win.

His mother was harsh but she was right. I was afraid this would happen and yet I had expected it to. I deserved this for not taking better care of him.

I stood in front of the large, blank canvass and saw an image forming. I could clearly imagine all the colors and the lines, swirling in perfect harmony.

I dipped my brush in black and started painting, working feverishly into the night.

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: If you ever get the ringing sound in your ears (like Taehyung got), it's called tinnitus. It's usually caused by very stressful situations and goes away, after awhile. It's a permanent condition in some unfortunate people who have hearing damage. I knew a guy who was in a band and had to quit because he developed it from all the loud music. He couldn't sleep at night unless he was passed out drunk or smoke himself silly, it was such a bother. I felt bad for him.

Anyhoo, I'll try to update again soon. >3<