Suicide Watch [revised]

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

Jungkook's POV

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I pedaled swiftly through the neighborhood, under the dark sky.

I turned into Taehyung's house, parking my bike next to his.

I had been over every afternoon for the past two days and his bike was always here. I figured he was just ignoring me after that day when he told me to off. He seemed like he was going through something and I didn't want to leave him alone that way.

Even if I was the cause of his pain, I wanted to at least make my peace and do what I could.

He hadn't showed up to tutoring since and the professor had scolded me, saying it was my responsibility to find out where he is and that he was going to flunk him if he missed one more day. I decided to come by his house before dawn, to see if I could catch him off gaurd.

I waited outside for a few minutes, staring at the front door.

After awhile longer, I saw a tall figure swing it open. It wasn't Taehyung, but an older man. I figured it was his father, so I treaded over to him.

He locked the door and was a bit startled when he turned around and saw me.

"Hello, sir, sorry if I scared you. Are you Taehyung's dad? I'm Jeon Jungkook, his study partner."

He cleared his throat "Yes, um, Taehyung isn't here.." He walked past, leaving me frozen.

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you but where is he? I really need to talk to him." I persisted, trailing after him down the steps.

He stood in front of his car door, exhaling deeply. He finally turned to me. "I have to apologize I....I haven't been myself. Taehyung's in the hospital. I wasn't aware he had friends...but I was going to see him for a minute before I headed off to work. You may join me, if you like."

"The hospital? O-ok..let me just grab my bike." I said, noticing the bike rack in the back of his vehicle.

 

 

 

We walked to his room in silence, passing identical white doors with wired windows. Hospitals always used to make me feel calm. Everything's so cold, sterile, and bland; emotionless. 

I wanted to ask his father why he was in the hospital but I decided to wait and ask Taehyung, since his father seemed very distant.

We finally stopped at room 606 and went inside. There he was, laying still, hooked up to a bunch of monitors with an empty bed beside him. The room was long and narrow, with a large window covered by pale blue curtains. It smelled very clean and I found the white wallpaper cute with it's swirly, thin vines capped by pink rosebuds. 

His dad switched on a light before he left my side and walked to his bed, sitting on a nearby chair. He reached his hand up to shake his arm, gently, waking him up. I watched as they whispered to each other for a few minutes, not wanting to interfere.

I noticed my palms were sweaty from having to wait. I really wanted to know why he was here.

He soon got up, bending over to kiss his son on the forehead. I was kind of touched by what a caring father he seemed to be. I guess it made sense, seeing as his son was all he had left. I suddenly remembered that I never found out exactly how his mother had passed.

He walked by me, giving a slight nod and went out the door. As soon as he passed me, I locked eyes with Taehyung, who had a blank expression.

I headed towards his bed, nervously.

"Hey, Taetae.." I said, softly, remembering the way he sprayed his name on the side of the train.

He immediately burst into tears. "My mom used to call me that..."

I quickly sat next to him, on the bed, rubbing his arm to comfort him. I waited until he calmed down, staring at his worn out face and ruffled hair. It suddenly dawned on me just how much I had missed him. I bent down without a word and hugged him, warmly, resting my head against his chest.

"This wasn't supposed to happen, I should be dead." he sniffled.

I lifted back up to face him "What do you mean you should be dead? Please, tell me what happened." I ran my finger through his bangs, adjusting them away from his eyes.

"I wanted to die but the doctors pumped my stomach. Why did you come back?" he mumbled, tears streaming down non-stop.

"Hyung...did you try to kill yourself?"

"I'm an evil person...I deserve it."

"No you are not! Do you have any idea how my classmates treat me? I get bullied to hell every single day. My own parents treat me like an emotionless robot so I ing became that way. You're my angel, Taetae, and I can't believe you would think otherwise!" I raised my voice, making him halt his crying and stare at me intently.

"Before I met you I had no one who understood me or cared to. So I don't understand why you've been avoiding me. I had so much fun the other night with you... I did things that I would never expect out of myself because you give me courage. You killed my hollow shell of a self and made me feel alive! I know it sounds cheesy, hyung, but you complete me...and I always wanna be together." I blurted out, surprised at my own confession.

At that moment I realized so many things. It was ok for me to care about someone, if they were worth it.

I reached up and wiped away the tears from his cheek, making him wipe his other cheek before I could, sniffling his nose.

I slipped my hand into his and interlaced our fingers, caressing it with my other hand.

I didn't want to feel nothing, anymore. I didn't care that he was weird, self-loathing, mentally ill, or that we hadn't known each other long; he was my anchor and there was no denying it. I was lost before I met him and he grounded me.

I realized that no matter how much we simply understood each other, sometimes there was a need for words.

I also realized that this was going to be difficult at times but I'd be damned if I was ever going to let him die on me.

 

We stared at each other for a long time.

He my cheek with his free hand "Kookie... I don't deserve you." he chuckled, softly.

"Yes you do, silly. Don't worry, I'll remind you if you ever feel like you don't, again." I smiled at him, warmly.

He shifted and made room, asking me to lay down behind him. I did as he said and spooned, pressed up against his back.

I wrapped my top arm around his waist.

 

We fell asleep in bliss, feeling each other's warmth. 

 

We woke up a few hours later. A nurse was hovering over us, asking if we were hungry. I nodded and she set down the tray, saying she would be right back with another one.

"Wow, that's nice of them, huh. I thought I would get kicked out." I said, snuggling up to him.

He rubbed his eyes, groggily. "No. I'm under suicide watch so they tend to allow anything that makes me feel happy, that includes have friends nearby. You know, unless you're here to bring me razors."

I gave him a soft peck on the cheek. "I won't let you die. You'll have to kill me, first."

He laughed out loud. "I guess we've got a long life ahead of us, Kookie."

"Ah, it's so comfy you're making my wanna sleep again." He said, wiggling his into my crotch.

I smacked him and told him to stop rubbing it, feeling the blood rushing down, super fast.

"Oh god, the nurse is coming back any second! You're so mean!" I whispered into his ear, making him cackle.

I blushed and pulled away from him, sitting up and grabbing the blanket that was falling near the edge of the bed. I scrunched it up over my lap to hide the bulge.

"Ugh. fine!" He whined, sitting up to move the tray over the bed.

I found the remote and switched on the TV.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Adorable TaeKook is back ^^ Thanks for reading, hope you liked it.

Revision: Just added some more towards the end. ;p