Therapy

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

Jungkook's POV

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It was another long day at school and I felt like a zombie.

There was a lot to catch up on so my life was back to being studying. I guess old habits die hard.

I walked over to my new bike to unchain it from the rack. People had been treating me differently since I came back.

Some of them pitied me, which was annoying and others called me a junkie, which was worse.

Either way, people were leaving me alone more. Which was better than being constantly harassed.

"Hey...Jungkook?" I heard a voice from above me.  I looked up and froze in shock. I felt like I had just seen a ghost.

"I've been looking for you. You probably don't remember me...anyways my name is Jin."

I stood up, slowly, to meet his face. "You're the guy who pulled the drunk away from me. Komapsumnida." I bowed.

"You're welcome. Uhm, there's no need to be so formal. I like doing all I can to help. You seemed like a nice kid."

I stared into his eyes intensely. Seeing him made me feel like a small piece of me had returned. I guess because he was the only other person who was there for me the night before I went to sleep.

He cleared his throat. "Anyways, I've got a message for you from Taehyung." He reached into his pocket and handed me a folded piece of paper.

I reached for it, hesitantly. I couldn't help but think it would be bad news but at least he had left me something.

I decided to stuff it in my pocket and read it when I got home.

"How did you know I was back from the hospital?"

"Uhm, I didn't. I've kind of been coming by here every week for the past couple months, hoping to run into you. Taehyung begged me to make sure I only came here to avoid being seen by your parents."

"Wow, thank you, again." I couldn't be more grateful to him. Although, I did find it odd that he would go through all this trouble just to deliver a message to a complete stranger. Maybe I should have more faith in people. Perhaps there were good people in this world who just did these things out of kindness.

"Jin hyung, will you walk me home? I wanna talk." I asked, in a cute tone, hoping it would convince him.

I wanted to find out everything he knew about Taehyung leaving.

"Am I your hyung, already?" He chuckled, pinching my cheek. I blushed a little, remembering how Taehyung would do the same thing.

"How about we just take my car?"

"Great!" I said brightly, following him with my bike.

 

"Taehyung and I became pretty close although we only saw each other maybe once a week. I live out in the country, about forty minutes from here. He was always really focused on his work and I was blown away by how good it was. I mean this guy has raw talent, it's crazy. I talked to some of my friends who are in the indie art scene and got him noticed. He sold his first painting to an investor who liked collecting amateur pieces, ya know, in the hopes that they go up in value. It was this really pretty one of a boy, who looked like you, and a blonde girl under a tree. Wanna know how much he sold it for? $1,300! My friend told us it would probably triple in value if he ever got famous..like depending on how famous he got."

I asked him to park in the street after mine so my parent's wouldn't see his car before letting him continue, listening intently.

"Anyways about two months ago, he was featured on the news due to an anonymous tip. After that, he started getting invited to all kinds of art schools and programs, everybody wanted him. He ended up going with a really prestigious one in Italy. They gave him a full scholarship and everything. His father seemed really proud of him. He moved to a one bedroom apartment, and put most of his stuff in storage cuz it was cheaper." the handsome boy concluded.

I couldn't believe I had missed so much. It made me wonder, though, would he have left if I had been awake?

"It's really interesting to be hearing all this. I had no idea..I've been trying not to think of it too much, actually."

"I'm sure it must be painful...He told me about his relationship with you."

"Oh...you mean everything?" I asked, my ears turning red. Jin nodded, giving me a smirk.

I tilted my head down and scratched my neck, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Well..uhm..I gotta go. If I'm even a minute late, my parents will interrogate me." I quickly said, clumsily opening the door.

"They must really have you under lock and key. I guess it's not a good idea to give you my number." He called out.

"No, it's too easy to keep track of that. I guess I'll just see you whenever you come by my school?" I said as I struggled to pull my bike out from the backseat. He asked me if I needed help but I shook my head, vigorously.

"Well, I do have to come back in case you want me to deliver a reply. Wait for me tomorrow afternoon."

"Bye." I gave him a shy smile, giving his eyes one last swift glance.

 

 

I sat on my bed, staring at the folded piece of paper in my hands. I had already been crying for the past twenty minutes, feeling my eyes well up as I was getting my bike out of Jin's car. Thankfully, my mother was taking her time, at the market.

I don't know why I was so afraid of reading what he had wrote. I really hoped it wasn't some sort of farewell/apology letter telling me to "have a nice life, see you never". Whatever it was, I needed to get it over with. It's better to go ahead and read it than to risk getting it taken away from me before I got a chance to.

I unfolded the piece of paper, bit by bit. The blue ink was a little runny but it was written very prettily, signed the same way Taehyung had signed on the train. I had to read through it a couple of times before I was convinced it was real.

It read:

My dearest Kookie,

By the time you read this, I will be in Europe pursuing my dream.

It was an arduous decision to leave you alone but in this moment in time, I believe it's for the best.

If I attempted to write everything I feel for you, I would end up with a novel.

I wish these things didn't have to be so complicated but I suppose an easy life would be too boring.

I can't ask you to wait for me... that would be unfair. All I can say is this:

As cruel as this life can be, I believe we were brought together to find relief in the midst of chaos.

I couldn't fathom a perfect moment until I spent a second with you in my arms. I long for the day you return to them.

Neither distance, time, nor judgment can stand in my way.

I love you, Jeon Jungkook. Thank you for inspiring me.

♥ TaeTae

 

Before I knew it my head was buried in my pillow and the letter scrunched up in my first.

I didn't think it was physically possible to cry so much.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Money is in USD. It took me like a year to write that note to Jungkook xD I wanted it to sound really pretty. I hope it's not too corny.