Boys of Summer

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

Taehyungs POV

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I had arrived in Korea that morning. I spent the entire day wandering around my old neighborhood and waiting for Jungkook to finally get out of class.

I was walking near his school when I noticed a pair of delinquents surrounding another boy. I quickened my pace. It sounded like they were hustling him for money but I was almost certain it might be Jungkook.

"Hey! Get away from him!" I shouted, making the bullies push him down and run off.

"Jungkook!" I rushed towards him.

I watched him get up and brush himself off, before I could reach him. He squinted at me from a distance, not saying anything.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"Kookie, are you ok?" It was Jin, who was jogging towards him.

He didn't seem to notice me.

"Hyung!" Jungkook called out, running into his arms. My heart sank upon seeing this.

"Was it that new kid, again? Where did he go I'll ing kill him." I heard Jin say, hugging back tightly.

Jungkook pulled away, slightly, to look at his face. "No just leave it! You'll only make things worse.."

"For him, yeah, let's see how he likes -"

"Hello, Jin." I said, through gritted teeth, cutting him off.

 

Jungkook hinged an arm around Jin's waist, almost like he was trying to hide behind him, and they both turned to face me.

"Wow, look who's back! You get tired of pasta?" He asked, not seeming too surprised to see me.

I gave him a death glare. "I'm on summer break. I'll be here for the next few weeks."

I strolled towards Jungkook, trying to keep my cool.

I grabbed his free wrist. "Come here, I need to talk to you."

"No, let go of me!" He huffed, furrowing his brows and pulling away with full force. He held onto Jin tighter, stepping back.

"Dude, calm down. Hey, we're going to see a movie. You want to come with us?"

I rolled my eyes and continued with my blank expression, trying really hard not to ing jump him. I used to admire how Jin's voice always sounded so upbeat and pleasant. Hearing it now made me want to wipe that stupid grin off his face and drag it through the dirt.

"Nah, I guess I'll let you guys go. I have to take care of some things." I said, flatly.

I walked past them and took my phone out to text Byungjoo.

"Good seeing you again!" Jin called out after me.

I couldn't believe what just happened. Had Jin turned Jungkook against me? Where they together now, or something? I didn't think Jin was into guys but neither was I until I met Kookie. I guess I should have never trusted him to deliver that message for me. Not if I had known he would become so obsessed with my Jungkook.

I had tried to call back, several times after they called me but Jin would constantly ignore it. Now I can't help but assume it was because he wanted Jungkook to think I didn't care, anymore. That bastard.

Whatever was going on, I had to find a way to talk to Jungkook alone, before I had to leave again. It may be selfish but I have to let him know I still care about him. Even if we can't be together, I'd be a fool to let him go, for good.

 

 

I got back to Byungjoo's parents' house awhile later. I was staying in their guest bedroom, since my dad didn't really have room for me at his apartment. I was planning on visiting him whenever he finally got some time off work. I was kind of surprised at how much I missed him, even though we were never that close.

I lazed around Byungjoo's bed, waiting for him to get out of the shower. We were planning on going out to eat something. He always took forever getting ready, seeing as he cared more about his looks than most girls. He was already incredibly good-looking but I suppose purple hair took a bit of work to look right. Not that I would know; my showers are five minutes long.

I was pretty jet-lagged but at the same time, I couldn't stop thinking about seeing those two. I was determined to see them again, as soon as possible. I had devised a plan, on my way home and I wanted to get started. It's not as if I had a whole lot of time.

I texted Jin to ask if the movie was over. He told me it almost was and invited me to have coffee with them, afterwards. I told him I was bringing my new boyfriend and he said that was even better.

If he wanted a war, I would give him one.

 

We found where they were sitting and made out way to the booth, walking hand in hand.

"I'm Byungjoo. Pleasure to meet you two!" He paused to shake their hands, before taking a seat.

Jungkook nodded, politely. "Great to meet you, too! We're old friends of Taehyung." Jin said, brightly.

"It smells so good in here! I am so famished, I'm about to die." Byungjoo said, sighing dramatically.

"This place is mostly known for their desserts but they have some other stuff too." Jin pointed out some of the stuff that he recommended to us.

I couldn't help but notice Jungkook was avoiding looking at me, completely. I wondered what was going through his head. I glanced towards him every chance I could, trying not to make it too obvious. His hair had grown out a bit and he had gotten even cuter than I remembered him, if it was possible.

I did my best to keep from zoning out or losing my cool. I didn't want anyone to know how torturous it felt for me to sit here, in this situation. That would ruin everything.

Byungjoo ended up ordering four out of the six things he was told were good. That boy really had an oral fixation, which I wasn't complaining about.

"I think we are just having desert." Jin said, ordering a few things. I started to wonder if Jungkook had become a mute.

"Same, here." I stated, ordering a strawberry short-cake.

We chatted a bit about what we had been doing in Europe and the differences between there and Korea until our food arrived.

As I took a huge bite of my delectable cake, I made sure to leave some whipped cream on the corner of my mouth.

Byungjoo teased me for being a messy eater.

He seductively leaned in and it off, just as I expected he would.

My eyes met Jin's as he did this. He had a somewhat condescending look as he watched. It felt like he was silently saying to me "Challenge accepted."

I smiled, sweetly as he pulled away. "Thanks, baby."

Byungjoo petted my head, happily and went back to stuffing his face.

Jin put a strawberry ganach cookie in his mouth, making sure half was sticking out.

He turned to Jungkook, who slowly bit into the other half, making sure to meet his lips.

Jin winked at him as he pulled away, making him smirk.

They continued staring into each other's eyes, seemingly in their own world.

I felt my blood start to boil. "Excuse me, I have to use the restroom." I said, scurrying off.

________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: The moment you've all been waiting for: TaeKook's reunion! I bet it went a bit differently than you would expect but I hope you still liked it. xp Quick update before I have to go do things I'm procrastinating. I shall go back and revise for less crappy writing asap. ♥