Flashing Lights

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

 

Jungkook's POV

_______________________________________________________________________________________

We were on our third double date; this time, at an amusement park. We all seemed to hit it off, pretty well. I still avoided Taehyung like the plague but I was actually starting to miss him when we weren't hanging out. Even though I hadn't spoken more than two words to him, it felt good to have him around, again, even if it wasn't quite the same. I dreaded the day he would have to leave again.

Byungjoo seemed like a nice enough guy. He was kind of loud and high maintenance, though. Seeing him flirt with Taehyung, incessantly or worse: kissing him kind of made me want to murder his pretty little self. Jin sure seemed to like him. He was more welcoming and accommodating to him than I'd ever seen him be.

There was a crazy roller coaster with a tall, 90 degree drop straight down and we were passing the line to get on it. Jin and Byungjoo marveled in awe at it and headed towards it. It honestly didn't look that amusing to me. I was afraid of heights and I was certain Taehyung wasn't too fond of it, either. They paused before reaching the line of people and noticed Taehyung and I had fallen behind.

They groaned in annoyance and started to walk back towards us. "Come on, Taehyung, don't be a !" Jin called out, making Byungjoo smack his arm, threatening him not to talk to his boyfriend that way.

"You guys go ahead, we'll wait for you." Taehyung insisted.

Before Jin could object, Byungjoo dragged him away excitedly. It seemed like it was hard to say no to that guy. I noticed because it was hard to make Jin do anything he didn't want to and I knew he didn't want to leave me alone with Taehyung. I stretched my lips and gave him a nod when he glanced back at me. To be honest, I was relieved to see him go. As much as I felt somewhat uncomfortable waiting with Taehyung, I was starting to feel like Jin was getting too overprotective of me and I sure as hell didn't need another mom.

We took a seat on a nearby bench, without a word.

It was nightfall and so the park was starting to light up. I stared at the pretty, lit-up ferris wheel that was spinning, slowly in the distance. I suddenly got a flashback from that night at the rave. My temples started throbbing so I had to look away from the lights.

"Jungkook... you ok?" He asked, when he noticed me burying my face in my palms. I felt anxiety creeping into me. I wasn't ok.

I felt Taehyung's hand creep up on my shoulder. I quickly jumped up from the sudden contact and faced him. My breathing got heavy. I couldn't shake off the memory from that night.

"You ing abandoned me! How could I be ok?" I screamed, making a few passerbys stare at us. He locked eyes with me and I felt my stomach drop. I had been avoiding looking into them, this whole time. It had been really hard but I couldn't take the emotional flood that accompanied it. I felt my eyes welling up and quickly turned away to run off.

"Jungkook! Wait!" He shouted, chasing after me. I ran through the park as fast as my legs would carry me, nearly bumping into a couple of people. I found a clear path along a nature trail and turned to follow it. There were cute little lights, almost like Christmas lights, lighting the way. I noticed a large tree from my peripheral vision and automatically headed for it; I guess because it felt familiar.

I bumped into the trunk, putting my hands in front of me to slow the impact. I knew he was catching up to me but I didn't care and sort of wanted him to. I banged my fist against the trunk a few times in irrational anger, imagining it was Taehyung's face. I plopped to the grass, curling into a ball and weeping.

I heard him stop from behind me and struggle to catch his breath. After a few seconds, he kneeled down and tried to hug my back, pleading for me to stop this. I swung my elbow back, in attempt to get him away but he persisted. I stumbled around, fighting him as hard as I could, as he tried to block me. I managed to grab his hair and pounced forward, onto his body. I stared down at him, panting and gritting my teeth.

As soon as he looked up at me and let his guard down I gave him a swift slap in the face. He tried not to groan in pain, shutting his eyes hard. I continued smacking his cheeks, one side after another, not holding back my strength. "What is wrong with you? Why won't you stop me?!" I was annoyed at how little he reacted but even in the dim light, I saw his skin turning red. I growled and grabbed fistfuls of his shirt, leaning down from exhaustion.   

He abruptly pushed me off, snaking away from under me. "Because I deserve it." He stated down at me, crudely.

He stormed away, leaving me stunned. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Good morning ^^' Here's a little transitional chapter update for y'all. I'm sure you guys have seen those gifs before but never hurts to see them again. Love you guys. ♥