Art Academy

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

Taehyung's POV

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ugh, I'm so glad we're on break! I swear, Professor Ezio is brutal to everyone but you. That paper you did on Victorian decorative arts was pretty genius, though."

"You were my inspiration for that. Your rendition of Watts' Endymion got me interested in that era." I told the pretty boy walking with me, making him smack my arm.

"Shut up, it was mediocre garbage. I could have done way better." He said as we turned the corner to an alley that served as a shortcut to our destination.

I paused to face my lover "It was beautiful, Byungjoo. You should really give yourself more credit." I said, pushing him closer to wall of the building behind him.

He chuckled under his breath as his back hit the hard surface and my body pushed into his. He slipped his hand under my jacket, sliding against the curves of my back. I could smell the sweet coffee aroma from his breath as he opened his mouth and lifted his chin to on my bottom lip. I growled playfully and pressed my forehead onto his, staring into his eyes.

His hand s down further between the fabric of my pants. He squeezed, pressing my pelvis forward, digging into his hip. He teasingly gasped at the friction, closing his eyes. I bit my lip and cupped his face with both hands to kiss him, aggressively.

I could hear the chattering of a few girls who were passing by us. They were probably saying something about us in Italian but I couldn't tell, nor did I care. I had become accustomed, and even grown a liking to Byungjoo's penchant for voyeurism. We continued ravishing each other like we were in our own little world.

We suddenly felt a vibration between us.

Our lips parted, reluctantly. "That's probably them, let my get it, real quick. Sorry babe." He mumbled, reaching in his pocket, pulling out his phone and saying never mind.

I realized it was my phone and sighed, reaching into my pocket for it. My eyes widened when I noticed the incoming call was from Korea. I didn't recognize the number but I quickly answered. "Hello?"

"Heya, Taehyung! It's Jin, I got a new phone."

I turned away from my frazzled lover, who I could almost feel roll his eyes. "Holy , Jin! What's going on? It's been awhile!"

"Same old, you know. It's good to hear your voice! Sorry for not calling sooner...uhm..I have someone here who wants to talk to you."

My lip quivered upon hearing this and my throat went dry. "Oh!" I choked out. I took a few steps forward, feeling the heat rise in my body. My palms were sweating and for a minute, I forgot where I was.

There were fumbling noises on the other end as the phone got passed around.

"Tae...um..H-hyung..." A familiar voice stuttered.

I could hear the hesitation in his voice.

"Jungkook?" I uttered, quietly, as if speaking his name was a sin.

"I shouldn't have called..I don't wanna bother you I-I just....I'm sorry..." I finally heard him say.

My mouth gaped in shock at his sorrowful tone, wishing I could find the words to comfort him. There was a long silence but I could hear a muffled sobbing, which made my heart hurt. It took a lot for me to hold back my own tears, remembering the presence behind me.

There was a small click right before a dial tone. I  snapped back into reality. I slowly slid the phone off my ear, catching my breath, hanging my arm down and staring at the blinking screen for a few seconds.

It took me a moment to realize Byungjoo was next to me, staring in deep concern.

"You ok? Who was that?" He said when my eyes shot up to meet his.

I stared at him blankly. "It was nothing..." I swiftly swung my arm around his shoulder, breaking into a soft smile.

The purple haired boy his teeth "Aren't you mysterious. Fine, I won't ask. Anyways, that kind of killed the mood, so let's go. They're probably tired of waiting for us."

"It's your fault, we keep stopping every few steps to make out." I said, trying to ignore what had just happened.

"You can't blame me, you're hard to resist. Look at your hair." He giggled, ruffling my head.

We met up with our group of friends at the theater. They were already sitting inside so we went in, trodding down the corridor, squinting in the darkness until one of them waved us down with the light from their cell phone. Byungjoo grabbed my hand and led me up the steps to the seats they had saved for us.

The play had already started but it hadn't been going on for long. I gave a quick silent greeting and sank into the chair to watch the performance. Byungjoo rested his head on my shoulder, wiggling a bit to get comfortable.

As the play went on, Jungkook's face kept creeping into my mind and the memories of the time we had together came flooding back.

It seemed like a lifetime ago since I had last seen his adorable face. I had been in Europe for over nine months but I couldn't help but wonder how long he had waited to contact me after he woke up.

The fact that he was awake made me feel like my world was crumbling down, once again. It had taken me a long time to forget about him. I had lost hope of him ever waking up after four months, feeling like it was too much torture to keep dwelling on it. I chose to strive forward with my new life and only focus on the attainable goals, rather than what I couldn't control. It was around that time that Byunjoo asked me out and I was finally able to let go of my past.

I was doing great with my art and Byungjoo helped me heal my emotional scars from having failed Jungkook so horribly. I never told him much about it and he respected my need for privacy, although he hated that I shut him out so often.

He helped me more than he realized just by being there, filling the painful gap in my heart that Jungkook had left me with.

I pondered for ages whether seeing him again was a good idea. I had built a life for myself here, from the ashes of my former misery. I had my friends, my art, and a lot of respect. Even my mental health had stabilized, quite a bit. Although I was still far from normal, being prone to extreme mood swings and periods of time where I would ignore everything to work on my art. It was still better that I could focus my energy on things, rather than being consumed by my moods and doing nothing.

Sure, it wasn't exactly perfect but now that I was with someone, it felt more complete.

I wasn't counting on him appearing in my life again, after so long but I had to wonder if he was okay. It wasn't fair to him that I get to live so harmoniously after leaving him behind. He seemed to be in pain, without me.

I felt a surge of panic rising from my core. What was I supposed to do?

I suddenly though about the letter I had left for him, trying to remember the exact words I wrote.

"Baby..does Othello bore you? You've been zoning out, all night." my boyfriend whispered into my ear, breaking my train of thought.

I calmly pivoted my face and planted a smooch on his cheek. "No, babe. It's fine... I promise. I'll tell you later."

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: A little update *-* Guys, it's B-Joo from Topp Dogg in case you don't know who Byungjoo is. I'm so sorry for lack of updates orz finals week plus seasonal depression. I appreciate you reading, hope I have kept your interest.