The Terminal

TaeKook - How Do You Feel?

(I like this picture cuz they look like regular people but still so perf)

Jungkook's POV

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I couldn't hear everything that was said between Jin and Tae when I was in the car but I definitely heard Byungjoo. 

One thing I did hear, though, was him yelling about not picking up his calls. It's a good thing he raised his voice when he said that. I swiveled back around when Taehyung was finally out of view, feeling awfully bad for him.

"Hyung...hyung....HYUNG  I need your phone!" I cried out, over their incessant chattering.

He asked me what for, when he finally heard me.

"Mine is dead!" I whined, faking like I was breaking down again.

"Alright, alright. Here, take it. Just don't start again." He hastily handed it to me, desperate to shut me up.

I scowled at his tone and snatched it.

I sniffled, looking down at the phone, smirking on the inside. I scrolled down and noticed that his call logs went back five months. I looked up to check if he was paying attention but he was too busy talking about Taehyung with his now ex-boyfriend and driving like a maniac.

I scrolled back up, carefully and started noticing quite a few missed calls from Taehyung, from after the day we had called him up together. It seemed like Jin had been ignoring him, on purpose. How could I have been so blind? I stared at his phone number for a few seconds, reciting it silently so it would stick in my memory.

I had become so trusting of Jin because he treated me so well. I never imagined he could was capable of such deceit.

I kicked myself for being so naive. I had spent so much time on auto-pilot, doing what I was told at school, and suppressing my emotions when I was bullied, that I didn't realize Jin had been manipulating me with his kindness; trying to veil my eyes from the truth.

"..don't worry, you won't have to even look at that bastard again. Both of you. I'll make sure of that." I heard Jin say when my mind finally shifted back into the moment. His words made me worried.

"What the hell do you mean? I'm the one who has to go back to Italy with him. We have all the same classes." Byungjoo said, meekly, his voice starting to break. He let out a quiet sob.

", I'm sorry. Maybe you don't have to go back. You can stay with me." Jin said, annoyed that he had to endure even more crying.

Byungjoo chuckled, still in tears. "I have a home but thank you. I don't want to let my heart break stand in the way of getting my degree. I think I can harness it into fuel for my art. Yes, I'll find a way." He abruptly changed his tune, explaining the beauty of tragedy to us in his usual, dramatic way.

I rolled my eyes. I was happy when we finally dropped him off. I switched out to the passenger seat, when we reached his place.

"You ready to go home, babe? I can help you take your mind of all this." Jin said, sweetly, rubbing my thigh.

"Can you just take me to my house? I miss my mommy.." I pouted, innocently.

He let out a deep sigh, reluctantly agreeing. I guess Jin wasn't the only one who knew how to be manipulative.

 

THREE DAYS LATER:

I was early Saturday morning and I was rolling around my bed, restlessly. I had been debating forever whether to finally call him. I really wanted to but I knew my parents would find out and I was afraid of what they might do to Taehyung. I dialed in his number for the umpteenth time. I stared blankly at the screen and after much deliberation, I pressed send, deciding I could persuade my parents somehow.

After a few rings, a somewhat familiar voice picked up. "Uhm hi, is this Taehyung's phone?"

"That's right, he's in the shower. This is his father."

"When will he be available?" I got up from my bed and paced around the room.

"Well, I'm taking him to the airport, when he gets out. It might be quite rushed so I'll have him call you back whenever he can. May I ask who this is?"

I quickly hung up, in a panic. I rummaged around my closet, picking out a random shirt and jeans and quickly got dressed.

I ran down the stairs, ignoring my mother when she asked where I was off to.

I got on my bike and sped off. The airport was probably thirty minutes away on my bike so I hoped I could get there in time.

I beat myself up for not calling him before. I knew he would be leaving again soon but I never asked him exactly when.

 

 

I ran through the large building, stopping at a screen to check what terminal he would probably be going to. There were two flights to Italy but one was a couple of hours later so I decided to go with the earlier one.

"Taehyung!" I cried out, making him look back, raising his eyebrows in surprise. 

He pushed past the people behind him, rushing towards me. "Jungkookie...what are you doing here?"

He smiled widely as I jumped into his arms. We stood there for a moment, swaying side to side.

We apologized to each other, over and over, getting lost in each other's warmth and letting out random bursts of giggles.

I felt like I had been a candle flickering in the wind, all this time. Taehyung came along to still the wind for me, making everything clear and bright, once more. Jin was obsessed with me and I needed to get away from him before things took a fall for the worse.

The only problem was, he was not going to let me go so easily. "About Jin..." I started.

"I know." Taehyung nodded. We had a sixth sense about each other when we were together, not having a need to explain everything but just knowing. I'm glad we were suddenly back to that level. He told me I had to pretend like I was still mad at him and nothing had changed, at least for the time being.

We pulled apart, staring into each other's eyes.

"Hyung, I just wanna let you know that I fully support you pursuing your dream and I hope you become really famous!" I told him, giddily.

"Ah, you're so cute." He nearly leaned in to kiss me but I dogded back, reminding him we were in a public place. "Ugh, I really wish you had come around earlier.." he winced, his teeth in frustration.

"I know, I'm an idiot." I scratched the back of my head.

"No." he pinched my cheek. "Don't worry, I'll come back home every chance I get. I missed you so ing much." He pulled me into another long embrace. I closed my eyes whispering I missed him too.

"You should probably go, your plane is leaving soon. It looks like everyone's aboard."

"No. I'll never let you go." He mumbled into my shoulder. I smiled, feeling sad and happy, at the same time.

He slid his arms up to my shoulders, planting a smooch on my cheek and sliding away. He adjusted his back pack and turned away, reluctantly, walking past the empty gate to check into his plane.

"I'll wait for you, hyung!" I called out. He glanced at me one last time before disappearing down the hall.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I need to continue revising from ch7 to here orz..but I've been lazy. Thank you so much for reading. I really need to make this chapter better. Idk when the next chapter will be up but I already know what it's gonna be and I'm planning on making it the final chapter.