You Need a Fresh Start

Her Kickass Boothang
Please log in to read the full chapter

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"This is the last box, finally." Myungsoo stretched his sore limbs. Moving boxes seemed to be more tiresome than expected. "Why do girls have so much stuff?" 

"Why do guys complain so much?" I retorted. 

"Someone's extra snappy this morning. Have you had your caffeine fix for the day?" 

I glared at him, warning him not to make my morning even worse than it already was. "I need more than just coffee to make this day bearable." 

"Stop being so pessimistic and enjoy life for once. I hate seeing you so angry all the time." 

"I will enjoy life when I have a reason to." I kicked an empty box aside and moved on to a new one. I didn't even bother using knife to tear through the packaging. My rage fueled my strength enough to rip through anything. 

Seunghoon cringed at the recycling carnage around my new bedroom. "At least your taking your anger out on inanimate objects. May I recommend taking self-defense lessons to-"

"NO. Teaching her how to break bones would be a very bad idea." Myungsoo interrupted. "Let me handle the defense area. It's my job." 

"I see." Seunghoon sighed. "Well, continue with the unpacking. I need to prepare for this afternoons board meeting. Mari, will you be in attendance?"

"No." I patted Choco's head. The little puppy barked happily and snuggled against my hand. The only thing keeping me sane was Choco's presence. Those wonderful warm chocolate eyes keep my mind at peace. 

"Why not?" Seunghoon pouted. "It's a lunch with all your relatives that are on the executive board of Kwon Enterprises." 

"The same relatives that shun me and treat me like a business asset instead of a human being." 

"Oh." 

"Yeah," I picked up Choco. "Oh." 

"I'm sorry, Mari-ssi. I didn't realize the amount of strain you had with your family." 

"They're not family." 

A knock caught our attention. I rolled my eyes at the sight of Woobin. He leaned against the door frame. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to talk to my wife." Woobin smiled. Seunghoon bowed and quickly dragged a reluctant Myungsoo out of the room. Woobin shut the door when they exited the room. 

"I'm not your wife." I said, coldly. 

"Not yet, but that all depends on us." Woobin walked up to me. He gently Choco's head, "Isn't this little guy cute."

I was surprised to see Choco take a liking to Woobin. Choco doesn't get along with other males well except for...

My chest tightened at the thought of  my ex. Jesus, it's been over a year and I still can't forget about the guy. Woobin poked my forehead, "Let's go out for lunch, I feel like ramen." 

"I'm not hungry."

"I'm being nice, I know you don't want to go to that lunch with your family. It's either me or them." 

I narrowed my eyes at him. This guy needs to stop being right about everything. I rolled my eyes and set Choco down, "You're paying." 

Woobin smirked, "Of course." 

 

I hungrily slurped the spicy ramen, making sure not to waste anything. I can't remember the last time I've eaten instant food. My stupid personal stylist is made me go on a diet. No junk food or instant crap until the day after my wedding. Apparently everyone thinks I'll get fat before my wedding and never be able to fit into a decent dress. s. How dare they ban me from my last source of happiness. 

"So you were hungry." I paused for a second and glanced up at Woobin. He had his elbow propped on the table with his head resting on his hand, staring at me intently. 

"Shut up and eat." I finished up the rest of my food. Woobin chuckled and continued to eat without saying another word. 

After lunch, Woobin dragged me into the park for a stroll. It was nice until he started taking to me again. "So, I've been informed that a venue has been picked. We're having the wedding at a private winery in the countryside of Jeju. It'll be a large but private wedding of about 400 guests." 

"I don't even drink wine." 

"I'll have apple juice for kiddies like you." Woobin patted my head. I growled and slapped his hand away. "Stop being so crabby. I'm trying to be nice and you're killing my vibe here."

"I wouldn't be killing your vibe if you hadn't dragged me to hang out with you." 

"And you would've rather spend time with a family that treats you as pawn?" 

"Can you please not piss me off?"

"Can you please not act like there's a stick up your ? Smile for once, you're not an ugly person." 

I scoffed and picked up my pace. Woobin's laughter in the background became louder as he caught up with me. "Wait up, wifey! You need to help me go shopping for furniture!" 

"I don't want to go with you anywhere!" I shouted. 

Woobin slung an arm over my shoulder and led me across the street. "It'll be fun. You can pick whatever you want to make your new room feel cozy." 

"I don't like my new room. I want to go back-" 

"To my room? We

Please log in to read the full chapter