Meet the Rival

Her Kickass Boothang
Please log in to read the full chapter

">>>Mari's POV<<<

I dried my hair and tied in up in a lose bun before heading back downstairs. For some reason I wanted to backtrack my steps when I stood between Kai and Woobin. The atmosphere felt...tense. My eyes darted back and forth between the two guys. "Uh, everything okay here?" I asked. 

"I'm going back to my hotel." Kai grumbled. 

"But it's still raining out there and your clothes haven't finished drying yet!" 

"I'll grab an umbrella on the way out."

"But what about your clothes?" 

"I'll pick them up tomorrow morning." 

"You can stay the night." Woobin smiled. 

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you being serious?" 

"Of course. It would be rude of me to allow a guest out into such terrible weather. I insist you take one of the guest rooms for the night." 

Kai narrowed his eyes at Woobin, "Thank you for your generous offer." 

"My pleasure." Woobin folded his arms. "Have a good night's rest." He smirked. I watched in confusion as he and Kai kept their hard gazes at one another until Kai left the room. 

"What was that?" I pinched Woobin's elbow. 

"Ow!" Woobin flinched. "What was what?" 

"You two looked like you were about to kill each other." 

"Ah, he's just being possessive." Woobin patted my head. 

"Hey, what happened to Seunghoon and Myungsoo?"

"They went home."

"You let them out in this weather?" 

"They insisted on going home. It's okay, they took an umbrella on the way out." Woobin winked. "We should sleep now, we've got a busy schedule tomorrow."

"But tomorrow is Sunday, it's lazy day!" I whined. "You can't take away my couch potato time!"

"Trust me, you'll like where we're headed tomorrow."

"It better be a furniture store."

"What, why would it be a-"

"I can sleep on a bajillion different things while you find a replace couch for the one I broke last week."

"You're insatiable."

 

I don't know how many times I've thrown my covers off my body and retrieved them. My eyes are so tired that they burn when I blink. Unfortunately, my brain has other plans. I rubbed my palms against my eye-lids and groaned. 

"Psst." 

I flinched when I saw my bedroom door slowly open. My heart sped up until I realized it was just Kai. I wanted to throw a pot at him for scaring the living hell outta me. "You're still awake?" I hissed. "Go back to your room!"

Kai pouted, "I'm hungry." 

"Then go get food, idiot." 

"This isn't my dorm, I can't just go rummaging through the pantry." 

I huffed and threw the covers off my body, "It's two in the freakin' morning and you're hungry?"

"Thank you~" Kai beamed and followed me to the kitchen. 

 

I dumped in the dehydrated noodles and spicy seasoning into the bubbling pot. My thoughts wandered back to Woobin and Kai's intense staring contest. I tilted my head to one side as my brows furrowed and lips formed a slight pout. They looked like they were about to rip each others throats out...what the hell happened? What did Woobin mean by possessive?

I aimlessly stirred the ramyeon with the wooden chopsticks until Kai's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Yah," He called. "Don't overcook it! I hate soggy noodles!" He poked my side and took command of the stove. "J

Please log in to read the full chapter