Lucky Break

Her Kickass Boothang
Please log in to read the full chapter

>>>Mari's POV<<<

I struggled to balance two water bottles in one hand as I reached to door handle of the training facility. I nearly fell forward when the door suddenly burst open. I was left speechless as I watched Jongin leave in such a rush. "Yah, Kim Jongin!" I shouted, "Where are you going?"

"I'll see you another time. When the annoying hot shot isn't around." Jongin muttered. 

"But-" My jaw dropped when I saw a body on the floor. "Woobin!" The idiot was barely concious. 

Woobin groaned as he tried to lift his head. He held onto his sore jaw, blood seeped from the corner of his lip. "He's got one hell of an arm."

"What did you do?" 

"What did I do? I'm the one with the bloody lip and crooked jaw!"

"What did you say to him? He's not the type to beat up someone this-"

"He has an issue with accepting reality."

"The is that supposed to mean?"

"Let's head home. I need to ice my face with a bag of frozen veggies." 

 

Seunghoon practically lost his when Woobin walked throught the front door. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?"

"I'm fine." Woobin yawned. "I just need an icepack and a good nap." 

"You have an event tonight!"

"It's called make-up." 

"It's impossible to cover that bruise!" Seunghoon grabbed Woobin's chin and examined the dark purple spot on his cheek. "Who did this to you? I'm going to sue the bast-"

"I'm fine!" Woobin pulled away from Seunghoon's clutches. "Stop acting like my mother." 

"WOOBIN-"

"Just cancel the damn event!"

"Are you kidding me?" 

"Cancel it."

"You're opening a new chain of hotels! How are you not going to attend the opening event?"

"Tell everyone I've come down with the stomach flu and I don't feel like barfing on everyone." 

"Woobin, you can't afford for bad publicity. Kim International cannot afford for it." 

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean they can't afford it?"

"It's nothing. Seunghoon is just blabbering nonsense." Woobin shook his head. 

"It's not nonsense!" Seunghoon nearly fainted from the stress he was putting himself under. 

"I think it's time for you to go home and get ready for the event." Woobin narrowed his eyes at my pesky assistant. "Go, before I throw you out myself." 

Seunghoon threw his hands in the air and let our a cry of frustration as he stomped out the front door. 

"You didn't have to be so mean." I cringed. "Seunghoon may be a naggy old woman but he means well."

"Don't worry, I'll go." Woobin sighed. 

"Really?"

"I don't want to give Seunghoon a heart attack. I'll listen to the naggy old woman for once." 

"How kind of you." 

"What are you wearing?"

"Why do you care?"

Woobin rolled his eyes, "We have to color coordinate, duh." 

"Ew." I scrunched up my nose. "Who the helll-"

"We're a couple. Dress in something white and silver, I have a tie that'll match." 

"We're not a couple. And, I don't think I have a white and silver dress." 

"Orange?"

"It'll make me look like a pumpkin."

"Yellow?"

"It'll make me look like a moldy lemon. What about that pretty navy blue one I wore to-"

"Throw that one out."

"What? Why?!"

"You've already worn it, twice. We can't have you repeating outfits to upscale events."

"That gown cost three grand!"

"Do you have anything in green?"

"You want me to look like a tree?'

"Clearly, we need to go shopping together more often. Your closet needs a complete 360."

"You're ing nuts."

"Says the woman that bums it out almost everyday and wears nothing but sweat shirts and baggy pants."

"You ."

"I ? I'm the one that loads tons of credits cards for my wonderful wife and she can't even buy herself a decent pair of pants!"

"I don't need your money!" I chucked a pillow at his head. "And who says I'm your wife?"

"Will you wear black?"

"To compliment the black dot right underneath your eye? Sure." 

"Don't remind me." Woobin gave me the hand. We burst out into a fit of laughs before parting ways to get ready for the event.

 

Like any other upscale event, I was the moody/grumpy sour puss that wanted to leave before the event even started. "Are we done yet?" I asked.

"Woobin will be making his opening speech in a few short minutes." Seunghoon beamed. 

"Do I have to be here during the speech?"

"Yes, Mari-ssi." 

"Why?"

"Because it shows that you care," Seunghoon pouted, "At least try to pretend like you want to be here. I'll let you sleep in till lunch if you don't insult anyone tonight."

"Deal." I nodded. 

Please log in to read the full chapter