Meet the Ex

Her Kickass Boothang
Please log in to read the full chapter

>>>Mari's POV<<<

My vision blurred from the tears and rain. I breathed heavily, staring straight into Kai's eye. All we did was stare at each other. Taking in one another's presence. Why was seeing him on tv and on the internet so much less painful than seeing him in person? I didn't cry seeing him on the screen so why is there an endless waterfall spilling out of my eyes?! My heart painfully thumped with each agonizing moment. 

"Mari." Kai took a step forward. I stepped back at the exact same time. 

"No." I gulped. 

"Hey-" 

"NO." I said it louder this time. "Don't you dare come and hug me like this is some heartfelt reunion! I don't- I can't handle that!" Tears kept spilling uncontrollably. I didn't even bother to wipe them away since they were mixing with the rain that drenched my skin. 

"Then what do you want me to do?" Kai's voice remained calm. 

I clenched my fists, "Why the hell are you making such an effort to see me again? I broke up with you and you still want to be with a horrible person like me? Honestly, I don't even know why we even dated. I look like a train wreck in the morning, I punch and threaten anything or anyone I see, I'm y during the time of the month, I at running- I'm not kidding just ask Woobin! I SLEEP IN TREES! I drink straight out of the milk carton, I-I'm...FAT!" 

"Mari..." Kai gave me a tiny smile.

I kept going on with my rant, "Oh my god, I eat like a pig, for crying out loud I have the appetite of a starving walrus. We don't even like the same fried chicken brand! Kim Jongin, you should hate me." 

"I can't hate you."

"But, I freaking broke up with you and ran away!"

"And here I am."

One hesitant step back made Kai lunge toward me. I gasped when I felt his arms wrapped my waist. I stared at his lips, unable to make any further eye contact with him. He gently kissed the spot directly below my right eye. My eyes fluttered closed as I savored his lips on my skin. My fingers clutched onto his upper arms as his kisses trailed down the side of my face. 

"You're too cute." He whispered. I tiled my chin up and blinked. He chuckled quietly and pressed his lips against mine. 

My heart instantly melted as my body fell limp. Damn this man and his irresistible kisses. Kai pulled away and pressed another kiss on my neck, causing me to giggle. "I missed your laugh." He whispered against my neck. "I missed all those wonderful qualities you said about yourself."  

"You miss my starving walrus appetite? My hideous morning face and breath? My violent caveman behavior? Even my hatred for your favorite fried chicken-"

"I missed you!" Kai squeezed me tighter. 

"I missed you too." I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You have no idea."

"We need to talk." 

"We do." 

"Stay with me for the night." 

"I can't." I pulled away from his arms but he kept his grip on my waist. "I have three idiots waiting for me back at home." 

"Who?" 

"My bodyguard, my personal assistant, and my uh...fiancé."

 

With Choco tucked under one arm and the o

Please log in to read the full chapter