Chapter 9

Sweets to the Sweet

   Saturday, December 18th
   Wedding Day
   9:30 a.m.
   Gongchan's apartment
   

 

   "Uhhhhnnn... Who's playing that...?" Gongchan groaned, reaching over and smacking at the small, basic black side table he had beside his bed. Finally realizing that it's his ringtone for Suzy, Don't Go, he let it ring for a little more. It was his favorite EXO song, after all... Plus he liked keeping Suzy waiting sometimes. Trying to rid his voice of the typical morning haziness, he answered the phone as bright as he could. "Good morning, Noona!"

   "Channie, where are you? It's 9:30, and the wedding is in a few hours!" Suzy playfully nagged. It was obvious in her voice that she was a little annoyed that her best friend and her soon-to-be husband's best man isn't there with them already. 

   "Ohh! I'm on my way Suzy. Traffic is just a little--" Gongchan started, being cutoff by his friend that has obviously known him for too long.

   "You just woke up, didn't you?" Suzy said, the smirk on her face apparent in her voice. She loved it when she knew she was right, especially when it was about her dongsaeng.

   "Uh... Yeah..." Gongchan admitted sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head a little in an attempt to help quell his nerves and to fluff up the back of his ebony hair. "Are you mad?" 

   Suzy sighed. This was hopefully her only wedding day, but she knew that Gongchan would never miss it for anything in the world. Not to mention the fact that it is only 9:30. "No. Just, hurry up. We'd really like your help setting some stuff up, and I'm sure that I have a few friends of mine that you'll want to meet too." Suzy covered her phone with her hand as she laughed while her friends showed up. Gongchan was genuinely intrigued. 

   "What kind of surprise, Suzy? It's your wedding day. You should be the one getting the presents and surprises, not me." Gongchan said, giggling a little. It was then he froze when a familiar voice sounded out from behind him.

   "What surprise, pup?" Jinyoung called. Gongchan's eyes widened in horror, his phone almost dropping from him hand as he scrambled to recover it. Sparing a quick glance back to the almost- Jinyoung laying on his back in Gongchan's bed, the latter quickly sprang up and let fly his next sentence.

   "Uh, Suzy? I have to go. I'll see you at the wedding." Without so much as letting Suzy respond, Gongchan quickly pressed the "end call" button, and put his phone down on the side table. Turning around to ask why Jinyoung was in his bed with him, let alone just about , Gongchan quickly realized that he too was stripped of all his clothes, save his boxers. Grabbing his discarded pants that were laying on the ground close to the bed, he quickly clothed himself. "What the hell are you doing here?! In my bed, almost completely undressed!?!"

   Jinyoung furrowed his brow, a rather quizzical look forming on his face. 

   "You don't remember last night?" The older male asked, confused as to why he wouldn't. They didn't drink anything, not even Soju. 

   "Well, I remember us going out to dinner, and I remember us ordering and eating food, and then the rest just kind of... blanks out." Gongchan recounted, curious as to why he can't recollect his thoughts. He doesn't remember them ordering any alcohol, so why can't he remember anything?

   Rolling around a little in his pup's bed, Jinyoung began to recount the events of last night, starting at where Gongchan's memory had begun to fail.

   "Well... After we had our food and started eating, I ended up asking about your ex-boyfriend, whom you still have not told me his name." Jinyoung started, his eyes taking on the same far-off look that Gongchan had last night as his mind was on rewind, until it found the right footage to replay in his brain. "You just started talking, and you seemed so distant and cold. I ended up taking you home because you began to cry..." His voice trailed off, uncertain how to explain how they both ended up in just their boxers.

   "Then what happened? Why are we both in our boxers?" Gongchan questioned, not in an angry or demanding tone, but more with a curious and almost frightened tone. 

   "Well..." Jinyoung bit his lip. He didn't want to say anything that might spook his pup, or cause unnecessary worry. "When we came back home, I decided to spend the night with you, to try and comfort you. I had laid you down and I laid down next to you, both of us fully clothed. Well an hour passed, and I was still awake but I guess you were asleep. When I got up to go get my PJs from my apartment, though, you woke up and asked me not to leave. When I said I was just going to get my PJs, you again asked me not to leave. Since I couldn't say no, I asked you for some night clothes, but you just laughed and told me I could dress down to my boxers, since that's how you slept. You kind of... did that directly after you said that." Jinyoung's face lit up like a Christmas light as he recalled the events. He didn't know why, but it embarrassed him greatly to recount that to Gongchan. His pup's face was not spared of the flush of embarrassment, though.

   "D-did I really say that to you? Oh my gosh..." Gongchan stuttered, causing his face to flush an even deeper scarlet and the act of burying his face in his hands. Eyes widening with the realization that going through this explanation was eating more time away from Minho and Suzy, on their wedding day no less, Gongchan quickly raced into the bathroom to shower and start the process for getting ready for Suzy and Minho's wedding. Getting up from bed, Jinyoung wondered what got his pup so worked up that he'd race into the bathroom like that. Waltzing over to the door, he lightly knocked on it and called through the door, over the sound of the running water.

   "Hey, pup! What's with the sudden freak-out?" Jinyoung asked, obviously puzzled.

   "What do you mean?! It's Suzy and Minho's wedding day!" Gongchan answered, obviously in a hurry. Realization finally dawning on the older male, Jinyoung raced outside in only his boxers, only to freak out by forgetting his keys in his pocket and being exposed to the fresh snow that had fallen last night, along with a brisk breeze that swept away all the warmth that had clung to Jinyoung's body. Cursing, he raced inside and fetched his keys from his discarded pants. With keys in tow, he walked over to Gongchan's closet and stole a black tank-top and a pair of white shorts. He hoped his pup wouldn't mind if he just borrowed them for a bit. 

 

•   •   •

 

   "There." Jinyoung mumbled, straightening Gongchan's black tie. Both of them were finally ready after about half an hour of showering, speed-eating breakfast, and dressing. Well, they were almost ready. Jinyoung had the final touch for his pup in his apartment. As he started walking back towards the door, he anticipated Gongchan's question and held his hands up to signal him to hold his questions. "Wait here, I'll be right back."

   Jinyoung stepped out into the cool Saturday morning and breathed in deeply. Today was a very special day for his pup, and because of that, it was special to Jinyoung as well. It would of been special regardless, because no matter how new their friendship was, Jinyoung was happy that his friends were getting married. Turning and opening the door into his apartment, he grabbed the thing that he had been wanting to give to Gongchan since yesterday, but knew it would work better today.

   Scampering through his apartment to the portal to the bright, fresh world, Jinyoung twirled on his heels, locked his door, and snuck back into Gongchan's apartment with his gift in tow.

   "Hey! Pup! Do you have kitchen shears?" Jinyoung called, finding them almost instantly after asking his question. "Never mind! Found them..." 

   Gongchan couldn't help but wonder why Jinyoung needed kitchen shears, much less hearing a snapping, something falling in the basin of his sink, and then running water. Walking in to the kitchen, Gongchan eyed the older boy at the sink. 

   "Jinyoung, what's behind your back?" Gongchan questioned, craning his head in an attempt to catch a glimpse of what his hyung is hiding behind his back. 

   Jinyoung could only grin, his hands coming forth and showing them forming a protective cover over something, until he unfurled his hands and revealed a blossoming soft pink water lily. The cut stem had a moist paper towel wrapped around it and a plastic bag over the paper towel. Gongchan was stunned, to say the least. The flower was absolute natural beauty, matched only by the look of fragility it instilled. Gingerly tucking the flower into Gongchan's chest pocket, Jinyoung stepped back to admire his pup in all his beauty.

   "Perfect." Jinyoung cooed softly, a warm smile surging its way to the surface of Jinyoung's face. Gongchan couldn't speak, as he was still blown away by the flower, and now had the comment to contend with. His facing turning a shade of pink almost matching the adornment from the older male, all Gongchan could squeak out was a simple line that caused Jinyoung to laugh softly and warmly and wrap his arm around his pup.

   "We'll be late for the wedding..." 

 


 

Sorry it took so long to update. This chapter was supposed to be longer, but it grew too long so I had to split it. We'll get to the actual wedding next chapter! :D

 

Love you babies <3