Chapter 16

Sweets to the Sweet

   Friday, December 24th
   12:30 p.m.
   Best, Absolute, Perfect Cafe

 

   "... And that's when Sulli started laughing! It was like a delayed reaction!" Minho laughed, amused by his co-star's slip-up. Minho was staring in a drama along with actress Sulli. "She got so red, she walked away for a bit, laughing even harder, but now at herself."

   "Oh my gosh!" Baro cackled. He always enjoyed a good drama, but he loved the actor's stories. His family's company had multiple actors, and he always sat down with them after an award show and asked if they'd share stories. They'd rarely disappoint. "What happened about the scene? Did they have to reshoot the entire scene, or just pick up at a line near her mess-up?"

   "We were lucky enough that we only had to refilm the last couple of lines. Sulli was still giggly enough that she was able to laugh at the joke on time, this time around." mused Minho. 

   Just then, Gongchan noticed that the small flurry outside had turned into a fiercer snowstorm. Feeling his phone vibrate, Gongchan reached into his phone and checked who had texted him. It was Sandeul. 

[Sandeul: Hey, come outside. ]

   Looking around, Gongchan tapped on Jinyoung's shoulder and motioned that he was going to go outside. 

   'You don't need to follow' Gongchan mouthed to his hyung, and received a nod in response. Getting up while the rest of the group seemed pre-occupied, Gongchan opened the door to the harsh storm, immediately being buffeted by a snowy flurry. Gongchan looked around, but didn't see anyone. Gongchan put his hand on the door to go back in before a hand grabbed his shoulder and spun him around.

   "Where do you think you're going?" Sandeul demanded, his hand transferring from Gongchan's shoulder to his wrist. "Come on, I'm taking you out." 

   Yanking his wrist out of Sandeul's grasp, Gongchan made a noise of disgust, reaching back for the door, only to have Sandeul wedge his foot in front of the door so Gongchan couldn't open it.

   "I know it's loud with the wind, but are you deaf?!" Sandeul yelled, "I said I was taking you out to lunch, now come on."

   "I'm not going anywhere with you." Gongchan said flatly. Sandeul shook his head, actually chuckling at what Gongchan said.

   "Did I ask if I could take you out to lunch? Do I need to buy you a hearing aid? I said I was taking you. Now come on." Sandeul said coldly, grabbing ahold of Gongchan's wrist again and yanking him away from the door.

   "I said no, you psycho! Now get off me!" Gongchan nearly screamed at him, attempting to yank free from the fiend's grasp.

   Even through all the laughter, sharing of stories, and more laughter, Jinyoung turned his head when he thought he heard his pup yell. It wasn't the fact that it was yelling that had distracted him, because hell, there was plenty of that already around him. What distracted Jinyoung and caused his head to turn was the fact that it was Gongchan the one yelling; he simply wasn't one to raise his voice easily. That's when he saw it; saw the act that made his blood boil.

   "Listen to me, Gongchan," Sandeul hissed, his free arm twisting back, and slingshotting back to deliver a stinging slap across his face, right on top of the faint bruise he had recieved from the bully in the halls right before the championship match. "You are mine, and if you think that we'd ever be over, then you're even more stupid than I thought you were." 

   Right before Gongchan could respond, the door to the cafe flew open, Jinyoung and Suzy flying out with murderous rage clearly defined in their eyes, Minho and Baro hot on their heels. 

   "What do you think you're doing here, Sandeul?" Suzy hissed, grabbing Gongchan's free arm and yanking him away from the wicked man and to her protective side. 

   "I'm just here to talk with my boyfriend, is all." Sandeul retorted, holding out his arms as if it'll protect him for this woman's fury. Jinyoung scowled deeply. Boyfriend? Gongchan never made any mention of a boyfriend. In fact, if his memory was correct, then Gongchan and Suzy both had said that he had broken up with his ex-boyfriend. 

   "That's a lie." Jinyoung growled, startling everyone besides Baro, his signature devil grin plastered all over his face. He knew where this was headed.

   "Oh, so you're calling me a liar?!" Sandeul screeched, pointing to himself. "What makes you think that we are broken up?"

   "I was there the day Suzy slapped you for cheating on Gongchan." Jinyoung replied calmly, even though it felt as though he was about to rip this boy apart. "As far as everyone here is concerned, you two were long over by the time that day came around."

   Sandeul had had enough. Lunging forward, Sandeul successfully ferried Gongchan away from Suzy, pulling him away. When Gongchan resisted, Sandeul whirled around and delivered another slap across Gongchan's face. Seeing this last act of violence was enough to send Jinyoung over the edge. Before Suzy could march forth herself and retrieve Gongchan, Jinyoung had rushed forth, ripped Gongchan away, and punched Sandeul square in the jaw, causing him to stumble backwards and fall down. Jinyoung quickly remedied this by picking him up, punching him once more, and then pushing him away, calling after him.

   "I don't want to ever see you lay your hands on Gongchan, or anyone else for that matter, ever again!" Jinyoung finished by spitting on the ground after him, disgusting as the rat scurried away, grumbling on how he hopes his face doesn't bruise up like Gongchan's. It was at this point that Baro burst out laughing, almost to the point where he would of fallen to the snowy ground and start laughing. 

   "What got into you?" Suzy asked, scowling at Baro. Baro finally fell to the ground laughing, his fall cushioned by the snow that continues to agressively fall from the sky. 

   "It's..." Baro started, laughter disconnecting his speech, "it's just... that Jinyoung use to... use to do this all the time!"

   Jinyoung walked back, not noticing that one of their group had slipped away, and smacked Baro upside the head. 

   "Get up you dolt."

   "Uh, guys..." Minho started, looking around and noticing that Gongchan was missing. "Where's Gongchan?"

   Suzy looked around and realized what happened. Immediately trying his phone and letting out a frustrated groan when it went to voicemail, Suzy ran back inside, grabbing her coat and keys, and rushed back outside. 

   "Uh... Suzy?" Jinyoung called, trying to get her attention, "what's wrong?"

   "He's done this before," replied Suzy, motioning for Minho to 'get in the damn car', "last time, it took us all night to find him. How long do you think it'll take him to succumb to hypothermia in this weather? Especially since his jacket is still on the counter?!"

   Jinyoung's head whipped around, peering through the glass window of the cafe to their table. Suzy was right, Gongchan had left his jacket before he went outside, and that's when the doctor's words echoed in his head. 

"...Any more vigorous activity in the near future could cause his tendons to tear."

   Realizing that Gongchan had probably ran away because of him punching Sandeul, Jinyoung hastily copied Suzy, racing inside to grab his coat and keys, and raced into his own car, driving away to search for the lost pup.

 


Yo guys! I told you it was going to get worse c:

 

You'll see how things turn out

(Psst. The answer is bad.)

 

Thanks for reading! Saranghae! <3