Chapter 4

Sweets to the Sweet

   Saturday, November 13th
   12:30 p.m.
   Suzy's Car

 

    [ What the . ]

   Gongchan's heart sunk. 

   "E-excuse me...?" Gongchan whispered shakily into the phone.

 

Oh god... Not now. 

 

[ Why the hell were you hanging around that ? I told you that I hated her and that you weren't supposed to be around her! Like, what the hell?! ]

   Gongchan frowned at this inflammatory comment. He already told Sandeul that he had nothing to worry about and that she was engaged to Mr. Dibidibidis my name is Minho.

   "Hey, she's my friend. My best friend. Don't talk about her like that. How do you even know I was with her? She actually did me a favor and bought me groceries and now she's taking me out to lunch!" Gongchan was getting pissed now. Even if Sandeul had thought something bad about Suzy, she was engaged to Minho and he was dating Sandeul. This is absolutely bull.

[ How the hell do I know you're telling me the truth?! My friend showed me a picture while he was at the store of you two with her arm around yours. How the hell do you explain that?! ] Sandeul spat out at Gongchan from over the phone. He was furious. 

   "Her and I always do stuff like that. We joke around. We have fun together. That's what friends do. You really need to calm down." Gongchan officially has a headache as he rubs his temple. Minho and Suzy exchanged a worried expression, and Minho turns back from the passenger seat of Suzy's silver Corvette ZR1, and proceeds to perform a status check on his friend.

   "Hey, Gongchan," Minho called, an expression of mixed worry and confusion plastered over his face. "Everything alright?"

Gongchan shook his head no, his eyebrows knitting together in annoyance and confusion at what his boyfriend is saying.

 

[ Where are you now? Are you still with that ? You're probably in bed with her right now, aren't you? Jesus, you just can't leave her alone, can you? ]

   "Sandeul! What is up with you?! First last night, and then today, even after you called me this morning saying you wanted to take me out to dinner? What is wrong with you?" Gongchan burst at him, a littlsnippy. 

[ Wrong with me?! You're the one running around with other people behind my back! Actually, you know what? I'm done. Done with you. ]

   The heart in Gongchan's chest that had sunk earlier, fell from his chest and held on by a thread of hope that what Sandeul was saying wasn't true.

   "... Wha... What?" He tried to hide it, but even Minho and Suzy could hear the shakiness in his voice, mingled with disbelief and pain.

[ You heard me. If you want to run around with other people behind my back, like that Suzy, then go right the ahead. Don't talk to me again, prick. ] 

   And with a beep, he was gone. With a beep, the thread of hope snapped, leaving his heart on the floor in pieces. 

 

Buzz

[ Babe: I'm blocking your number too. I don't want you to spam text me with your bull on how I'm misunderstanding or anything. Bye, Gongchan. ]

   Gongchan ground his teeth together, doing the best he can before the full force of the shock hit him. For now, as the shock and loss washed over him, he felt nothing but numbness and a cavity in his chest where his heart once was. His pain must of been showing on his face, because Minho grabbed his hand from the front seat, smiling as warmly as he could when Gongchan looked up with hot tears streaking down his face.

   "Hey... Calm down. Is everything okay?" Minho whispered gently, his eyes conveying all the feelings of comfort and love that a close friend could provide. "Tell us what happened."

 

•   •   •

 

   Suzy pulled her Corvette into the parking lot of a decent sized café, and got out of the car, almost slamming the door with a fierce expression drawn across her face. How dare Sandeul do this to her best friend!

   What the hell is wrong with that boy to the point where he thought Channie and I were dating?! Suzy thought with a stomp of her feet as she almost stormed her way into the café. He better hope he doesn't meet me on the street, or his cheek will so be... 

  Her train of thought was interrupted when Minho takes hold of her hand quickly and gives it a light squeeze, signaling her to start to calm down. She looks back at her fiancée with a hard look, before letting out a sigh and softening herself. Gongchan may be her closest friend, but this was not her battle to fight. These were not her demons that she had to face, they were Channie's. But that also doesn't mean she couldn't be there to help him when he was about to be engulfed.

   Entering the cafe, she pulled her other half next to her and whispered to him what she wanted to be done right now.

   "Take Channie to a table and sit him down. I'm going to order some coffee and sandwiches for us, alright babe?" Suzy gently ordered Minho, her hands squeezing in a show of frustration, but her eyes conveyed that she was hurting for her best friend. 

   "Don't worry, darling. I'll take good care of him." Minho replied with a soft smile and a gentle nod of approval. Leaving his fiancée to deal with the food and drink, he took his best man by his hand, whispering words of comfort as he led the still-shell shocked boy to a square table with three chairs situated near back, next to a window.

   Gongchan just felt hollow, like someone took everything that made him life and scooped it out. He couldn't cry any more than he already did on the ride here, nor did he want to cry in front of strangers. He didn't want to talk about it because it was too painful. He just wanted to lay down in the grass outside and sob at the sky, no matter how much he couldn't cry. 

   Minho reached across the table and took up Gongchan's hands, rubbing the back of one of them with his thumb and smiling warmly at the younger boy in front of him. They stayed this way for a few seconds before Minho thought it best to speak.

"Hey, Gongchan." Minho started. When the younger boy didn't reply, he bit his lip and pressed on. "You know that he just lost the best thing that ever happened to him and will probably ever happen to him again. You are worth so much more than him."

 

If I'm so great, then why did he just trash me like I'm garbage...? Gongchan thought, looking up from the table to look at Minho and throw a mask on with a weak smile. All he treated me like was some bitter candy that he picked out of a jar. Kept it around a little bit, and then threw it away when he got sick of it. 

 

   To Minho's relief, Suzy came swooping down with a sweetened iced coffee for herself, a chocolate latte for Minho, and a Carmel frappuccino for Gongchan. After thanking his soon-to-be wife, he gave her worried eyes and made a small motion towards Gongchan for her to take over and handle the situation. 

   "Channie... Look at me and please listen." Suzy started, and waiting until Gongchan shifted his bloodshot eyes back from the table up to his dearest friend's face. "I love you, and I don't want you to be hurt, so I'm going to tell you what I think." She sighed, gathering her thoughts and organizing them before letting them march from . "He doesn't deserve you. He hurt you, and someone who loves you as much as he said should never hurt you as much as he just did. He will never live down the pain he caused you, because that kind of pain is unforgivable. I know it's hard right now, and all you want to do is to be with him because he use to make you feel so warm and happy, but that's over. I'm not telling you or forcing you to stop talking to him, but that's my advice to you. I will be here with you like I have been all these years, and I will support whatever decision you make."  

   Suzy's words never rang truer before. Unfortunately, they rang on sorrowful ears. Gongchan knew every word that left Suzy's mouth was nothing but filled with love and support, but it stung nonetheless. Gongchan bit his lip to the point where it was about to tear the delicate skin, and looked away from the couple in front of him, and that's when his eyes widened, mouth hung in astonishment, and his skin paled to the color of paper. 

   Minho and Suzy followed their friend's line of sight until they both let out a small gasp at what they saw. 

   What they did see was Sandeul, his mouth pressed against the lips of another boy, his fingers interlocked with the strangers, and obvious hickeys that are more than 15 minutes old. Needless to say, Suzy could not contain her anger. All that she heard was Minho call her name as she flew out of her chair towards Sandeul, called his name, and then struck him across his face with all her might, being rewarded with Sandeul's head snapping the other way and a resounding echo of pain that was heard throughout the café.

   "You ing prick! How dare you cheat on Channie, and then break his heart like he's your ing playtoy! I hope you rot, you filthy human being!" Suzy seethed at Sandeul, finishing by spitting at him, spinning on her heel and stalking back to the table, snatching up her coffee, Gongchan's coffee, and barking at Minho to grab the stunned Gongchan and get him into the car as she storms to the front desk and pays the manager to never let Sandeul step foot in this place again.

 


 

There you go, my babies! I know, It's so crazyyyyyyy, but it's a labor of love.

 

I hope you all love it as much as I do <3