Chapter 5

Sweets to the Sweet

   Wednesday, November 17th
   1:00 p.m.
   Baro's Car

 

   It's been a few days since that girl smacked that guy and yelled at him. 

   Jinyoung was surprised at what happened, and was glad that he didn't have a girlfriend... Or really anyone he knew that would do that. He saw them all, the girl with the fierce expression on her face, the dead frog, and the madly attractive-looking boy being dragged by the frog. Gross. 

   It wasn't even the fight that had really encapsulated Jinyoung, it was the sad looking boy. Why was he so sad, but looked so damn fine with any expression on his face? 

   I feel like I've seen his face somewhere before... Jinyoung pondered, I just can't remember where... 

   Jinyoung found himself having the urge to go back to that cafe ever since that day, which he's sure the owners wouldn't care as long as he buys something. 

   "Hey, bud, what's up? You seem distracted." Baro asked, looking over at his friend of 6 years who was sitting in the passenger seat of his silver Audi R8. Baro was the 'prince' to a major corporation, being the eldest son in his family. He was loaded, but didn't like to flaunt it. It drew too much attention to him. Not like this car didn't do that...

   "What? Oh, yeah sorry. I was just thinking about someone I saw the other day..." Jinyoung answered lazily. What he said wasn't untrue, but not entirely true. He had been thinking about that boy, but also about the cafe and the girl and the dead frog. Whatever happened seemed to be a big deal. "Can you do me a favor and take me somewhere? It's a café. Don't worry, it's my treat." Jinyoung smiled at his best friend. Of course he'd treat Baro to lunch, seeing as how it was just turning 1 p.m., and they've yet to eat.

   "Ohhhh, found yourself a new lover, didn'tcha Jinnie?" Baro teased, obviously pleased with himself at the teasing. "And of course, if you're paying." Again, he teased his friend, a huge devilish grin plastered across his face as he looked over at Jinyoung quickly, then putting his attention back on the road. "Just tell me where to go."

   "Ahhh, so is that how it is?" Jinyoung chuckled. Baro always knew how to draw a laugh out of Jinyoung. "Thanks. Uhh, you want to take the next left up here, and then go straight for a bit." Jinyoung pointed while giving directions. Talking with his hands was something that people commented on before, but being the captain of a tennis varsity team at his university didn't help that habit of his. 

   Smiling at the comment he was about to give, Baro nodded his head.

   "Yes, captain."

 

•   •   •

 

   "Come on Channie, it'll be nice for a day off." 

   Gongchan frowned. He didn't want to go out today, no matter how nice it was or that he had the day off from work and school again. A rare occasion during the week. 

   "I don't see why I have to go though, Suzy... It wasn't really a fantastic time the last time I went." Gongchan argued back, a little lackluster. Frowning, Suzy grabbed Gongchan's hand and pulled him off his bed. She was determined that he was to have a good time, no matter how much time, energy, or money she had to spend to get him into a better mood. 

   "Well, too bad. We're going, and no 'buts'." Suzy argued back, pulling him to his closet, not caring that her beloved Channie was only in boxers. It's not like nothing she hasn't seen, even on Gongchan. "Here. You can wearrrrr.... This, thiiiiiiss, aaaaaand.... A-hah! This will look absolutely lovely!" Her version of lovely involved white shorts that went just past his knees, a black silk undershirt which she bought for him, a matching black button-up dress shirt, a cream-colored silk scarf which she bought him too, and a pair of black sneakers. 

   Handing Gongchan the clothes, Suzy sent him off to the shower, the former grumbling something about her being bossy. Once the door was closed, she quickly left down to her car waiting out in the parking lot to fetch some presents she purchased for Gongchan, knowing she had plenty of time as her little Channie loved to have girl-class shower time. Coming back upstairs, she set almost all the boxes, which all contained brand-new clothes, down in his closet and swiftly shut the door. The only boxes not to make it into the closet were sitting on Gongchan's bed. Inside one box was a new tennis outfit, complete with a headband. Inside the other box was a new pair of shoes for him to wreck on the court. 

   There is no way he should be in a bad mood with all this. Especially after he gets the present I still have in the car for him, and the place I plan on taking him after lunch. Suzy mused, absentmindedly playing with the silver engagement necklace she got from Minho. Personally, she preferred necklaces over rings, and silver over gold. She was absolutely delighted when he proposed and gave her a ring, but was ecstatic when Minho gave her a necklace so she didn't have to wear the ring. 

   Fitting on the clothes that Suzy picked out, Gongchan stepped out of the now 'tropical' bathroom. Suzy and Sandeul always use to call it that, on account of all the steam that replaces the air from Gongchan's hotter-than-hell showers. Suzy calls them 'Gongchan's special Lava showers'. He thought it was hilarious. 

   "Suzy? Where are you?" Gongchan called, curious if his friend ran off somewhere or something.

   "In here," Suzy answered, appearing in the doorway to Channie's bedroom and beckoning him forth, "it's not like I would leave you. I told you we're going to that café, and then I have a surprise for you. But right now, I have something for you." 

   At that statement, Gongchan knitted his brows together in confusion, which elicited a rather booming laugh from Suzy. 

 

•   •   •

 

   "I can't believe you dragged me back here..." Gongchan said with his arms crossed and a blush on his face, sitting in the same seat he sat in just days earlier. Suzy just beamed at the boy in front of her, proud of herself how she dressed him. 

   "Well, I think you look rather handsome, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named won't be joining us in this place ever again. I talked with the manager and gave him some money. Needless to say, he's banned for life." Suzy could do nothing but just grin at what she did to Sandeul. 

   Hey, the cheating jerk deserved what he got. I hope his new boytoy is just as horrible to him as he was to my little Channie. Suzy though, reveling in her dramatic outburst here a few days ago. Snapping out of her reverie by the literal snapping of Gongchan's fingers, Suzy blushed and got up to go refill her cup and have another talk with the manager.

   "You know, if you keep flashing you and your company's money around, Suzy, you'll bankrupt all of JYP Entertainment!" Gongchan called after Suzy, laughing when he was rewarded with Suzy turning around and sticking her tongue out at him.

 

•   •   •

 

   "This is the right place, right Jinnie? Jeez, helluva place to pick up anyone for some late night stress relief." commented Baro, smirking quite devilishly at his friend. 

   "Oh hush up you. Don't make me smack the devil grin off your face." Jinyoung giggled at Baro's mocking facial expression that followed the former's threat. He can't even be seriously mad at this boy. He just shrugged it off and made him laugh instead. "But yeah, this is the place. Come on, we're not going to fill our stomachs just chatting in the car."

   "Trufax. Come on. I'm starving and I feel like I could eat a whale, especially if you're paying." At this, Baro cracked another evil face, receiving a light punch in the arm from his friend before they get out of the car and walk into the café. 

   Coming up to the counter, he noticed that a few cars were starting to pull up outside. 

   Just in time, thought Jinyoung, we just beat the lunch rush. 

   "Hey, bro, go pick a seat okay? I'll get the drinks and food." Jinyoung told Baro, turning to face him and pushing him towards the seats near the windows. Baro smiled and saluted, before stalking off to pick the perfect seat to spy on people. Baro and Jinnie both loved to people watch, or even just watch outside on beautiful days like today. "And don't mess with people while I'm gone!"

   Putting his hands up in defense as he slowly walked backwards, Baro retorts with, "Don't worry, I'll be the perrrfect gentleman." 

   Looking around, Baro spotted the perfect spot; right next to the window, and more importantly, right next to a very y guy with black hair. Of course Baro had to be on the look-out for guys for his bestie. Pulling up a chair at the table right next to Gongchan's he looked out the window, facing in just about the opposite direction of Gongchan, refusing to make eye contact.

   Looking up, Baro smirked as he saw Jinyoung come with two of the same drinks in his hand. Just in time, little hummingbird, Baro mused to himself, see the nectar and go for it. 

   Setting both drinks down and then sitting himself down, Jinyoung made a motion to the boy sitting behind his friend, obviously trying to get Baro's attention and implying that it was about the aforementioned male.

   Keeping his voice low so the stranger won't hear, Baro proceeded to taunt his older friend. 

   "Hey, nice find, huh Jinnie?" Baro snickered, sticking out his thumb and jerking it towards Gongchan. "Is he cute or what?"

   "Actually... That's... Never mind. Yeah, it's a nice find." Jinyoung replied, leaning forward and dropping his voice to a whisper.

   "So say something to him, you derp. He's never going to know you exist if you don't say something to him!" 

   He had a point and Jinyoung knew it. Quickly running his fingers through his dark red hair, he shook his hands to try to get rid of the sudden out-of-character nervousness that suddenly overcame him. Why was he so nervous about meeting this boy? He's met plenty of boys before, both past boyfriends and one-night stands. 

   "How do I look? Is my hair messed up or something?" Jinyoung asked quickly. He needed to look his best to put the moves on this boy. 

   Laughing in a response, Jinyoung got a smartass answer. "Your hair looks like a velvet cupcake with how dark the red is. Looks good enough to eat. They're bringing the sandwiches out to us, right?" 

   Jinyoung ignored the question, getting up and walking the few feet that separated the tables, and standing to the side of the mystery boy he saw just a few days ago. He couldn't stand in front of him and demand his attention because he was facing the table, seemingly lost in thought.

   "Hey." Jinyoung said, helping himself to the empty seat next to Gongchan that didn't happen to belong to Suzy. 

   Gongchan left his thought about the last time he was here, and looked to the boy who just helped himself to the seat. 

   Who is this person, and why did he just steal a seat? Gongchan wondered, but offered up a weak smile to the stranger. 

   "Hello. And er... Not to be rude, but do I know you?" Gongchan asked, feeling as though the stranger was familiar, from his red hair, to the build of his body. He found this boy to be rather attractive, but his mind was still clouded from his recent break-up with Sandeul. 

   "Uh.. I don't believe so, but I'd like to get to know you," Jinyoung said warmly, not wanting to spook the boy, "my name is Jinyoung. Mind me asking what your name is?" 

   Gongchan opened his mouth to refuse, only to jump in surprise as Suzy's hand comes from nowhere to clasp over his mouth.

   "Mmm--..." Gongchan let out in a loud muffled protest.

   "His name is Gongchan, and my name is Suzy. It's nice to meet you, and I'm sure he feels the same way." Suzy said, grinning evilly at a plan quickly forming in her head on how to get Channie out of his slump.

   "Hey Suzy! Actually... That name sounds familiar. Hey! Baro!" Jinyoung practically yelled, leaning back in his seat to get his friend's attention. 

   Suzy's eyes widened as she heard the familiar name, spinning around with her hand still clasped to Gongchan's mouth, much to the boy's frustration. 

   "Baro?! Is that you? Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in forever! How's WM Ent. going? I heard they had a pretty successful year, no thanks to the new family in control!" Suzy beamed, delighted to catch up with her company's business partner and friend. 

    "Wow! I never thought I'd see Ms. Caregiver here!" Baro mused, getting up out of his chair to hug his friend, and then burst out laughing when he saw Suzy's hand over Gongchan's mouth. "I'm assuming you two know each other?" Baro points out, his finger darting from Gongchan to Suzy to indicate whom he's talking about.

    "Yeah. This is Gongchan. We're actually going to go out to my car right now, because I have a surprise for Mr. Gloomy here," Suzy explains with a smirk, putting her other hand on the back of his head and shaking it slightly, earning another muffled protest from little Channie. Laughing, Suzy let go, proud that her job is done for setting the seeds for her master plan. 

   "What are you talking about, Suzy... I thought you already gave me my surprise earlier..." Gongchan said, commenting on Suzy's remark from earlier and furrowed his brow in confusion and anticipation. 

   "I didn't say that was the only surprise. Now come on, and bring your friend with you. I'm sure he'd like to come with." 

   Grabbing Channie's hand, Suzy pulled him to his feet, with Gongchan mouthing 'Help me' to Jinyoung before being dragged away outside.

   Watching those two walk out, Jinyoung stood up and just watched as they walked to Suzy's Corvette. Jumping a little upon feeling Baro's ticklish elbow in his ribs, he turned to look at his friend. 

   "What...?" 

   "What are you waiting for, Romeo?" Questioned Baro, the most evil of grins on his face. "Go chase after your Juliet before he's whisked away to his tower."

   With dawning realization on what his friend meant, Jinyoung jogged out to the pair outside just in time for Gongchan to remove the top of a large box, and Gongchan to squeal like a little girl, placing the box back into trunk of Suzy's car, almost leaping into the girl's arms.

   "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" Was all Gongchan could say.

   "Heh, glad you love it." Beamed Suzy, very pleased with herself on another job well done.

   "Why, what is it?" Jinyoung's curiosity was too strong for him to resist. Obviously, Gongchan couldn't help but showing off his new toy as he pulled the brand new carbon fiber tennis racket Suzy got him. "Oh whoa! This is an amazing racket! You play?" 

   With a huge smile, and the one thought of 'This is going to be fun', there was only one thing that could escape Gongchan's lips.

   "Get me on the court, and then see if you still have that question."


 


 

A/N: My babies! This chapter was a pain to write. 

iT WAS SO AWKWARD TO WRITE SOME OF THESE PARTS. THIS LITERALLY TOOK ALL DAY. 

But I hope you guys enjoy it and love it! c:

P.S. - If it takes a bit to update, say a few days, then it's because it's in the works. Now that I'm done with my jumping-off point, things will get tougher to think of. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long for me to update tho c: