Chapter 3

Sweets to the Sweet

   Saturday, November 13th
   7:30 a.m.
   Gongchan's apartment

 

   Morning already...?

   Gongchan rolled over in his twin-sized bed, and groaned. It was a Saturday, his only day to sleep in this week.  Opening his eyes and looking at his clock, he groaned louder. 7:30 a.m. 

 

   Why am I up this early...? 

 

   Deciding that it was time to get up and get ready for the day since he knew that he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, Gongchan rolled out of bed and shivered slightly. He needed to really get some PJs and to stop sleeping in just his boxers, no matter how comfortable it is. After showering, Gongchan shuffled his way to his closet with a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair still a moist mess. 

   "What to wear... What... To... Wear..." Gongchan mumbled to himself. He had a bad habit about that as well. Eventually settling on a pair of white pants and a white button-up, he started to make his way to the kitchen when his phone started to ring in his room. Sighing, Gongchan trudged back into his room and picked up his phone, frowning when Sandeul's name and a picture of Gongchan and Sandeul together popped up on the screen. He pressed 'Accept Call'.

   "Hello?"

[ Hey, it's me. ]

   Gongchan bit his lip. As usual, Sandeul was sounding and acting like nothing happened last night, like Sandeul didn't yell at him.

   "Hey. I was just thinking about calling you." 

   That was a lie.

[ That's good. Hey, since you have today off from school AND work, want to go out to dinner tonight? Say... 8? There's this great restaurant I found and I want to take you to it. ]

   "Yeah, sounds nice..." Gongchan was tired of this rollercoaster that he was stuck on with Sandeul, fighting and then making up, and then fighting the next day. Some of his only escapes would either be him on the tennis court, or him working in his job, which was as a barista at Starbucks. His love of tennis was rivaled only by his love of coffee and tea.

[ Hey, is something up? You don't sound too excited. ] 

   "Huh? Oh! No, everything's alright." Another lie. 

   Pinning his phone between his shoulder and his ear, Gongchan wondered why he hadn't made his way back to the kitchen, and quickly dimissed the thought as he plodded into his kitchen and absent-mindedly opened the fridge. Nothing.

Note to self: Go to store before dinner. 

 

[ Alright. Anyway, I'll text you when I'm on my way over. Talk to you later babe. ]

   And with that, Sandeul was gone and Gongchan was alone. Tucking his phone into his pocket, he made his way back into his room, put socks and shoes on, grabbed his jacket and a light pink scarf that he got about a year ago. Threading his earbuds up under his shirt, he his music, set it to shuffle, and proceeded to whip out his phone and text his childhood best friend, Suzy, as he opened the door and walked out on his way to the store.

[ Gongchan: Good morning, Suzy! c: ]

   Lucky for Gongchan, the store was only about 5 minute walk away.

Bzzt

[ Suzy: Hey! Good morning Gongchan. Anything new? Especially with that jerk? ]

   Gongchan chuckled at the insult Suzy flung at Sandeul. As his friend, of course she'd look out for how Gongchan was feeling, and she knew that he had started to grow unhappy in the relationship. Gongchan knew this too, but he also knew that he's clinging on to the happy memories they use to have, hoping that he'd somehow return to that attitude.

[ Gongchan: Nothing too new. I'm going to the store because my fridge is empty. Big surprise. And nothing new with Sandeul. He's taking me out to dinner tonight, I think as an apology for last night. I don't know. ]

   Looking up into the icy blue sky, he sighed and let his mind wander a little bit on his relationship, his school work, and other aspects of his life. Is everything the way he wants it? He shook his head, positive that this wasn't the future that he had planned for himself.

Bzzt.

[ Suzy: I hope it's as an apology! You're not worth being around that jerk. All he does is keep you around to make himself feel better. He treats you no better than dirt. Also, I'll meet you at the store. I'll treat you to lunch too! Help you get your mind off that boy. :D ]

   Gongchan smiled at the message he recieved from Suzy. She always treated him so well. 

[ Gongchan: Thanks Suzy! c: I'll be there in a minute. See you then. Oh! And are you bringing your boyfriend? ]

[ Suzy: Yeah. Minho is in the car next to me He says 'Hi, and ask him if he wants me to kick his boyfriend's .' He's so loving =P. Meet you in the parking lot? ]

[ Gongchan: Tell him no thanks, and okay. See you then :) ]

   Gongchan breathed out a sigh of relief. Finally some time he can enjoy from these past few days.

 

•   •   •

 

   "... And that's when Minho threw the pillow at my face!" Suzy giggled, flourishing her hands forward to demonstrate her boyfriend's throwing. All Gongchan and Minho could do was stop in the middle of the aisle and cackle at Suzy's story of the first time Suzy slept over at MInho's house. 

   They make such a good couple, those two.. Gongchan commented. Suzy and Minho have been going out for about 2 years, and last month, Minho had proposed to Suzy and of course she said yes. The wedding was planned for some time next month and Minho had actually asked Gongchan to be his best man. They're so happy together... So sweet to each other.

   "Anyway, let's go pay and put these groceries away. It looks like we're all already ready for lunch?" Suzy explained, motioning to Gongchan's attire. She herself was wearing a long flowing black dress. Nothing too formal, but not too casual either. Minho was wearing almost exactly what Gongchan was wearing, only substitute the white in his pants for dark blue, and the white in Gongchan's button-up for a light purple. Both Gongchan and Minho's sleeves were rolled up.

   "Sounds like a plan, babe. I'll go around and pull the car up, okay?" Minho mused to his fiancee, which awarded him a nod and a quick peck on the lips. 

   As soon as Minho left, Suzy hooked her arm around Gongchan's arm, and paraded with him to the checkout as was their childhood tradition. They always made fools of themselves out in public and had a good time about it. 

   Suzy, holding true to her word, paid for all of the groceries that had been put in the cart, and they were on their way out to lunch after putting away the groceries when he got a call.

   "Who is it? Your secret loverrrr?" Suzy playfully questioned.

   "No, it's Sandeul. Shhh!" Gongchan put his finger over his lips, signaling the couple to cease their giggling.

   "Hello babe."

[ What the . ]

 


 

I'm sorry, babies, for another cliffhanger :c

I have a problem, I know.

I aCCEPT MY PROBLEM, OKAY?! I'M PERF WITHOUT YOU.

I love you all <3