Chapter 2

Sweets to the Sweet

   Friday, November 12th
   7:55 p.m.
   Seoul National University Campus

 

    [ I'm pissed at you.]

 

.

 

   This was nothing new. For the past few weeks Gongchan and his boyfriend, Sandeul, have been fighting over petty things and have been at each other's throats. It was remarkable how similar they were, up until after they stormed off from each other. Where Gongchan would feel pain and regret, Sandeul wouldn't feel anything. It seemed that all Sandeul had in the relationship now was to keep Gongchan strung along so Sandeul would have a source to make himself feel better. It was what his psych friends called an emotionally abusive relationship. 

 

I wonder what happened this time... Gongchan wondered, somewhat bitterly and annoyed. His fingers gliding over the glass screen of his phone, he typed in his response.

 

   [ Gongchan: Why? What's wrong? ]

 

   Tucking his phone back into the pocket of his black skinny jeans, he shivered and pulled his dark-colored jacket more tightly around himself. Although it was nearing the middle of November, it already felt like the dead of winter. Snow had begun to fall earlier in the week, it's beauty belying the discomfort it brings when it accompanies a harsh and unforgiving wind. Looking up from where he was walking, he realized that his class actually stretched farther into the evening than it usually does. Nearing 8 p.m., he missed the bus and most taxis don't come around the university at this time. His apartment was at least a half hour walk away.

 

Lovely... I need to go buy an actual winter coat... It's only November and I'm already freezing my off...

 

   Upon feeling his phone vibrating in his pocket he wiggled his fingers in after it, fishing it out and almost dropping it from his ever-numbing fingers.

 

   [ Babe: Why the hell do you think? You were supposed to call me a half hour ago and I haven't heard anything from you. Jesus Christ, it's like you don't even care if you talk to me! ]

   [ Gongchan: Sorry, I was stuck in class. It ran longer than normal for some reason. The bell must of been busted or something, because it rang about 45 minutes later than normal, which is why I didn't call. I love talking to my boyfriend, please don't talk like that. :( ]

   Letting loose a sigh, he inwardly chuckled on how he must of looked like a dragon with his breath causing mist to trail from his mouth. 

 

I can't believe he's doing this... After the day that I've had...

 

Buzz.

   [ Babe: I don't care if the damn school was on fire. You told me you'd call me at 7:30, so you should of called me. I mean, . Even if you were busy, why didn't you say something you ]

   Gongchan grimaced. This is exactly the opposite of the Sandeul he started dating. This was not the kind, sweet boy that he had ended up asking out. This was someone completely different. Biting his lip, he replied.

   [ Gongchan: :( Please don't be like this. I really don't want to argue. I'm upset and I'm really cold. ]

   Scrolling up, he read some of the messages he use to get from him. 

   [ Sandeul: I love you - Secret admirer ] 

   [ Sandeul: You are the beat of my heart <3 ]

   Now, he just gets this garbage. His boyfriend treating him like if he can't come through with something he said, even if he has a good reason.

 

Buzz.

   [ Babe: Whatever. Do whatever the hell you want. That's what you do anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if you have someone on the side and you were just with them instead. ]

 

   Seeing that caused Gongchan's heart to ache. It also caused his ego to become enflamed. 

 

   [ Gongchan: Fine, jerk. Whatever. I'll talk to you tomorrow, if you even want to. ]

 

   Shivering, Gongchan stuck his phone back into his pocket, threaded earbuds under his shirt and into his ears, turned his iPod to a random EXO song, and started to run home, his heart aching and his cheeks freezing from the tears running down them. 


 

Another one bites the dust~! I know that Sandeul is being an . It gets better though, don't worry. c:

 

aND THAT BETTER PUT ON BABY DON'T CRY

Tonight ~