Chapter 1

Sweets to the Sweet

   Friday, November 12th
   7:50 p.m.
   Seoul National University Campus

   

   "You have got to be kidding me..."

   Gongchan groaned and put his head down on his desk upon receiving the test from his professor in his Anatomy class.

 

D.

 

   'Gongchan, please see me after class.' was the note written in red ink left by the professor. Not good. This is the third time he hasn't done well on an anatomy test. Not to mention his other classes... Gongchan had gotten into Seoul National University on a scholarship, and he knew that if his grades kept slipping, that his scholarship would be revoked and he definitely wouldn't be able to afford university by the time any expense came up again.

   What am I going to do? Gongchan pondered, pulling his head off his desk enough to glance back at the horrid grade. My grades can't take much more of this before...

   Gongchan had always been gifted in academics and even a sport or two. Hell, he was the Tennis captain in high school, and tried out for the team once he got accepted and into university. Up until recently, his Freshman year at SNU was going wonderfully. He had high marks, made great friends, and even maintained his relationship with his boyfriend whom he had been dating for about 4 months at this point. 

   Letting out an muffled groan, he began to let his mind reflect a bit in the short time he had left until the bell rang and signaled him having to talk with his professor. 

 

   When did this all start going wrong...? I just need to get to tennis... I need to clear my head of this.

 

   With all the noise around him, he just did what he typically did and started to drown it out, fading off into the inner recesses of his mind before jumping a little, startled by the sudden ringing of the bell. Gongchan let out an exasperated sigh at what he knew was coming. What he was dreading. The super awkward talk with his professor. 

He looked up just in time to see his professor peering over at him to see if he'd actually stay. 

 

Well... Looks like now I have to stay. 

 

   Slowly getting up he plodded his way over to his professor's desk, ruffling his black hair a little bit and then smoothing it back out. A nervous habit he developed when he started taking harder and harder classes and having the pressure mount little by little. Disregarding the nervous tick, his professor smiled warmly at him, trying to dispel the awkwardness already so palpable in the air.

   "I'm glad you decided to stay, Gongchan." His professor beamed at him, slightly proud of her student for not chickening out where others have in the past.

   "Not to say that I wouldn't stay if you didn't see me, but..." He let his voice trail off, both of them knowing the answer there. "Anyway, your note told me that you wanted me to stay after class. May I please know why?"

   "Ah, yes. Well, it's about your grades."

 

Here we go...

 

   "Gongchan, I'm rather concerned about them. They've been slipping for the past few weeks, and so has the quality of the normal work we do. Now what I'm not trying to do is rub your nose in it, or try to discourage you. I've asked you stay after because I was wondering if there was anything bothering you or upsetting you in your life, anything you might want to talk about?" She turned her head to the side, waiting for a response.

   His professor, at first glance, didn't seem like the person to take really good care of her students. She looked to be in about her late 30's, with most of her hair pulled back into a ponytail, and only a little of her ebony hair to cup her face. Her outfit was rather expensive looking as well. Formal designer blouse, with a long dark designer skirt to accompany the blouse. Even her bag was Prada. 

   All in all, it was needless to say that he was almost stunned into silence. Almost.

   "No, Dr. Cha. Actually, everything has been fine lately. I guess I'm just... struggling with the material lately. "

   That was a bold-faced lie and Gongchan knew it. Everything lately had not been fine. In fact, everything felt stretched... Tired... 

 

Bitter.

 

   He managed to pull off a weak smile to Dr. Cha, and resumed his tale-weaving to her. 

   "Thank you, though, for your concern. I guess I just need to study harder or something." He hoped that would satisfy her. She just had to take the bait.

   "Well..." She started.

 

She hesitated. Not good.

 

   "... Alright. As long as everything is okay, then please do try to bring up your grades. I don't like to see my students not do well. Now off with you, and enjoy the rest of your evening." Beaming, she made small hand motions as if she was shooing a cat or small dog away, only slightly more exaggerated.

   Bowing, Gongchan thanked her and rushed out of the room, glad to be over with that hell. And that's when a whole new one began when he got a text from his boyfriend.

[ I'm pissed at you. ]

 

.

 


 

The first chapter is complete! Sorry about it not being that long, my babies :c I needed to get some stuff out of the way...

 

To be honest with you, I don't feel like I even finished describing everything xD

 

Aha aha kill me.