Chapter 10

Sweets to the Sweet

   Saturday, December 18th
   10:30 am
   
   Wedding Grounds

 

   Pulling up in, what is now his, silver Audi, Jinyoung and Gongchan step out and are immediately assaulted by the camera flashes of the press, who have parked themselves outside of the wedding grounds. Suzy asked that only a few of the media be allowed in to the wedding grounds for the sake of sanity. As they walked up to the bouncers to the entrance to the grounds, Jinyoung nudged his pup.

   "Pssst, hey. Did you bring the invitation?" Jinyoung whispered, turning his attention briefly from the men they now arrived in front of, to the boy next to him, a mask of a smile flashing across his face when he turns back to the bouncers. Jinyoung had his answer from Gongchan's horrified expression and the frantic patting of his jacket and pant pockets. 

   "Invitations?" One of the bouncers said, holding out his hand. Shrugging and smiling sheepishly, Gongchan decided it was best to just say the truth.

   "Uhh... Yeah, we kind of forgot ours... Could we please see Suzy? She'll be able to tell--"

   "No invitation, no entrance." The other bouncer said, cutting Gongchan off mid-sentence. Gongchan grimaced. How stupid could he of been to forget his invitation? Of course Jinyoung wouldn't have one because he texted Suzy the day before the wedding if he could come. With both of them peeved, the couple turned around and started to walk back to the car until they both heard a familiar voice call out their names.

   "Channie! Jinnie! Where the hell do you two think you're going?!" Suzy called from the small wrought-iron gate. She beamed and seemed pleased that they were here. She looked as beautiful as ever in her wedding dress. The intricate lacework covering the flowing silk, trailing up and wrapping around her ribcage, following the curve of her back up until it blossoms forth to trace the structure of her neck down to a V-shape on her chest. To match this, she wore a diamond pendant that shone in the middle of her exposed, pale flesh. Her arms were not spared from the barrage of white as they were bathed in elbow-length white silk. Her ebony hair, which did nothing but compliment the entirety of the dress, was bound into a bun, save for the locks that were purposely left to delicately cup her pale face, which held the only color of her being. On her face was the lightest of amethyst eye shadows, and the softest of rosy pink lipsticks graced her lips. All in all, she was shining gem among glass. 

   "Miss Bae!" One of the bouncers hissed, glancing from the media back to his company's crown jewel. "What are you doing?! You should be further in the grounds, away from the media!" 

   "Enough, Hoyeok. I wouldn't have to come out here if you weren't out here, sending away my friends here." Suzy said, motioning to the two boys who were still stunned from Suzy's overwhelming beauty. "Come on you two, there are people here that I want you to meet." 

   Pushing the gate open, Suzy somehow managed to run towards the two boys in expensive white leather heels and wrap her arms around both of them. Pulling back, she laughed and a cacophony of camera clicks and flashed filled the air around them as the media ate up the scene of the bride hugging her guests as they arrived. Motioning for Gongchan and Jinyoung to enter the luxurious garden that JYP Entertainment had acquired a few years ago,  the couple were amazing at all the different colors and types of flowers that lined the stone walkway leading up to the spot where the actual ceremony would be held. Although they meant no disrespect by it, Gongchan and Jinyoung couldn't help but tune out Suzy's excited chattering as they took in the spectacular sight. About 100 feet in front of them was the spot where the ceremony would be hosted, which sat on an almost floating platform above a pond of water, which was absolutely littered with water lilies in full bloom in all different colors and variant shades. 

   Gongchan's eyes followed the four perpendicular tributaries leading off the reservoir of water housed underneath the platform to much smaller, yet still impressive-looking stores of water, each with its own water cannon poised to launch a torrent into the air in a fountain-like water display. His eyes shifting from the watery madness, Gongchan gazed to the closening platform. He was greatly impressed at the size of it, as it was able to house not only the altar, but a large area for guests to gather and socialize before seating themselves, which also was a vast area. Interestingly enough though, was the fact that there was a small stage situated close to the altar, a total of four microphones and their respective stands also were set up on the stage. 

   Not wanting to interrupt the bride's chatter, Gongchan waited until there was a pause for him to ask the question pressing so strongly on his mind. 

   "Excuse me, Suzy?" Gongchan started, waiting for Suzy to turn her head enough to signal that she acknowledged Gongchan calling for her attention. "What's that stage for?" Pointing was something that Gongchan thought was rather rude, as it was to single something or someone out, but he couldn't help as he was mesmerized by the stage. 

   Suzy grinned to herself, and then let out a soft squeal as she spotted the men who would be claiming that stage later. Stopping the boys and herself, she called out to the four men by the stage. 

   "Baekhyun! Chanyeol! Kyungsoo! Jongin!" Suzy hollered, lifting her gloved hands up to to amplify her voice, before raising an arm above her head and waving it back and forth. Gongchan's eyes widened as he heard the names of four boys that he absolutely idolized. Turning to Suzy, all Gongchan managed to do was stand there, mouth agape. Chuckling at his pup's response, Jinyoung blew in Gongchan's ear to stimulate something other than a look of utter profoundness plastered on the younger male's face. Yelping, Gongchan turned his wrathful glare towards Jinyoung and smacked his arm, before turning his attention to the four men that had now arrived and increased the number from a trio to a septet.

   "Good morning, beautiful!" Baekhyun beamed at Suzy, earning a gentle slap on the arm from Chanyeol. "Oh relax, you Happy Virus." Baekhyun said, turning and pressing himself against his longtime boyfriend, planting an endearing kiss on his cheek. "It's her wedding day, she's allowed to have anyone call her beautiful." Chanyeol flashed his signature smile and burst out laughing. 

   "You really do look beautiful today, Suzy." Chanyeol finally offered up the compliment to the bride, causing a small blush to flutter up on the woman's face. 

   "Yeah, you look like a princess off to marry her Prince Charming!" Kyungsoo said, a rather playful Jongin hanging off him, nibbling on Kyungsoo's ear before earning a headbutt and a stern look that went along the lines of, 'You idiot, not here!'. Resuming his speech, Kyungsoo turned to the two other men standing with Suzy, and points to the one who looks like they were about to either faint, or explode. "And your lovely guests are...?" 

   "Oh! Right. Guys, this is Gongchan," Suzy said with a flourish, indicating towards the aforementioned boy, "he's a really big fan, so please excuse his look. I promise you guys it isn't always like that." Gongchan flushed a baby pink, his complexion matching the lily still in his pocket. Chanyeol gasped and laughed, pointing to the flower nestled in Gongchan's chest pocket. 

   "Not to be rude, but look! His color matches that charming flower budding from his chest." Chanyeol said, a laughter bursting from all the members of EXO. Suzy gave a rather fierce look, accompanied by Jinyoung's arm coming up instinctively to rest on Gongchan's shoulder for comfort. Why he did this, Jinyoung didn't understand, but he felt that he should be there to comfort and console Gongchan in times like this. Jongin, noticing the hand resting on Gongchan's shoulders, finally spoke.

   "Hey, look. They're dating too! Is this a party just for otherwise pre-occupied people?" Although kidding and not knowing that they weren't dating, Gongchan's flushed reddened, shifting from a baby pink to a darker scarlet color. Seeing that Gongchan was quickly becoming too embarrassed to speak, Suzy defended her floundering Channie.

   "Nooooo, they're just friends. This is Jinyoung," Suzy retorted, motioning towards Jinyoung who gave a small bow to the other men, "he is Gongchan's +1." Making a shooing motion, Suzy scattered EXO back to the stage, all of them laughing devilishly as they went to go prepare the song that Suzy had asked them specifically to come and sing. Although they were international idols, they were still friends with Suzy and were not about to turn down a chance to sing at the princess and heiress to one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea's wedding. 

   Figuring it was time to offer his help, since Suzy had said that they needed his help with things, Gongchan spoke up. 

   "Hey Suzy. Is there anything that you need help with? You said on the phone that you uh... Yeah. Needed help."

   "Oh! Actually, since I can't do it myself, can you go and check on Minho for me? He's on the other side of the grounds, inside actually. It's only about a 10 minute walk or so. You are the best man after all, so go be with the groom for a bit." Suzy beamed at Gongchan. She was so proud of her Channie, and he looked so handsome in his tux that she most definitely picked out and bought for him. Although she didn't remember getting him that flower, Suzy knew where it came from. Shooing off Gongchan in the direction of the building her fiancée is stored in, she starts to stroll forward, grabbing Jinyoung's hand when he attempts to leave and follow Gongchan.

   "Not you, you're staying. We have some things we need to talk about."

 


 

Dat cliffhanger! Sorry for such two "short" chapters back to back. 

 

Don't worry, Suzy is just being protective over her Channie c: 

But you'll just have to stick around and see what happens! -Evil laugh-

( AND YES I POSTED 2 CHAPTERS IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS! TO MAKE UP FOR MY HORRIBLE POSTING SCHEDULE ALL OF THIS WEEK -Cries- )