Thrilling Chase

Snow Bunnies

 

A new day brought with it a renewed vigour to the girls as they prepared for their final day of snow fun. Jessica was feeling much better, still not 100% but determined to make the most of her energy while she still had some. Sooyoung had returned from her night with Sunny early this morning, and kindly prepared a hearty breakfast for her friends, the cabin a hive of activity with everyone going about their morning routines. Tiffany was first to sit down at the table, tucking into a pancake stack while she made smalltalk with Soo. “So did you ask Sunny to be your girlfriend?” she brazenly questioned, getting right to the point. The words caused those milling around to stop in their tracks to hear Soo’s answer. “Ummm no I didn’t wanna ruin the moment” Soo sheepishly replied, her eyes dashing to those around her. “You mean you were too busy getting freaky to ask such a sappy question” Yoona feistily suggested, receiving a playful shove from the taller brunette.

“Yahh!! It’s not a sappy question, it’s a perfectly normal question. I want Sunny to be my girlfriend. How else am I supposed to ask her?” Soo tried to explain herself, knowing how important such a question is. “You just ask her. But obviously y’all were too busy ing it up, that it didn’t feel like the right ‘moment’ to ask her to go steady” Yoona mockingly stated. “I can’t talk to you like this, you’re no help at all” Soo sighed exacerbatedly as she took her plate to the table to sit beside Tiffany. “Stop picking on Sooyoung baby, it’s wonderful to see her so into someone, and Sunny seems like a really great girl” Jessica complimented, giving Soo’s hair a ruffle on her way past. Soo smiled with a mouthful of cereal, a blush rising in her cheeks. “Anyone who can make her smile like a chipmunk has gotta be amazing” Tae added, puffing her cheeks out to mimic Soo’s grin. The friends broke out in giggles at the spot on impression, Soo struggling to stop expelling her cereal across the table.

Blue skies and sunshine greeted the girls as they headed to the ski runs, armed with skis and snowboards for a morning of fun. Their afternoon would be spent on snowmobiles for an exhilarating tour of the terrain and some stops along the way for the breathtaking views. So for now, it was all about hitting the runs together and enjoying the fun of racing and showing off their skills. On the group’s ascent up the slopes via chairlift, Yoona was first to speak up about an idea for fun. “Hey why don’t we play Tag!!!” she suggested with enthusiasm, having not been outdoors for a while due to her girlfriend being ill. “How are we gonna do that on such a vast playing field?” Tae wondered aloud as she cast her eyes over the many ski runs. “Well obviously we need rules …” Yoona started, “… like we can only go up and down one ski run, no tagbacks, no knocking each other down, no stopping and hiding, and no sitting around in the café!” she laughed along with the others.

“Sounds like fun! I’m in!” Tiffany declared, pushing her gloves onto her hands and preparing to play. “It’s on!” added Jessica, keen to have as much fun as possible before they all head home tomorrow. “Alright, I’ll play … but only if Yoona is IT first” Tae reasoned, looking to her friend for a response. Yoona shrugged her shoulders, “Meh, whatever floats your boat” she answered nonchalantly, “what about you, lovergirl?”. All eyes were on Sooyoung, whose attention was focussed entirely on the text messages on her phone. “Huh?! …” the lanky brunette muttered, her eyes finally rising to meet Yoona’s, “… oh, Tag, sure I’ll play” she eventually agreed, sliding her precious phone into her pocket. “So glad you could join us” Yoona sarcastically chided, “okay so you all head up in the chairlifts and I’ll wait for 1 minute before I head up”. The chasees nodded before rushing to the chairlift, Yoona waiting behind as promised.

By the time Yoona reached the summit, the others had scattered in all directions down the hill, using their own tactics to escape capture. It was every snow bunny for themselves, the more proficient skiers clearly at an advantage. Yoona spotted her first victim, closing in on a frantically snow-plowing Jessica, her shrill screams sounding out the closer her girlfriend got. With a final reach, Yoona tapped Jessi’s arm “Tag! You’re it!”. “Yahh!! No fair, you know I’m the slowest, why couldn’t you let me go and chase Tae or Tiffany?” Jess complained as she came to a stop. “Oh come on baby, you can play dumb and act like you’re not IT then tag someone else” Yoona suggested, accompanying Jess down the run. “Well they’re gonna know I’m IT if you ski along next to me, aren’t they? Now scoot!” Jess shooed her woman away while shuffling toward the chairlift.

Sooyoung used her break on the chairlift to check for messages on her phone. A grin spread across her lips when she read Sunny’s words.

Sunny:  Hey y lady, having fun?

Sooyoung:  Hey yourself cutie, yeah we’re playing Tag on one of the runs. Although I know I’d much rather be spending the day with you.

Sunny:  Mmmm we’ve got all night babe

Sooyoung:  Yeah … our last though  :-(

Soo couldn’t help feeling sad at her holiday coming to an end, having met someone who could potentially make her happier than she’d ever dared to believe.

Sunny:  Awww … our last one for the moment …

Sooyoung:  I hope so

Sunny:  It will be

Something in the way Sunny said her words gave Soo comfort. After years of telling her conquests what they wanted to hear, and not following through, Soo was proficient at the comforting lie. But this was different. Even on the opposite end of those words now, Soo trusted that what Sunny was saying was true.

Sooyoung:  So what shall we do tonight? Where shall we go?

Sunny:  Hmmm I’ve got a few things in mind, and I know exactly where I’m gonna … take … you hehe

Sooyoung:  Mmmm such a tease

Sunny:  You better believe it xx

“Hey lady!” a voice shouted, startling Soo from her daze, “Lift the lap bar and get ready to exit” the chairlift attendant instructed. Soo frantically put her phone away as she raised the bar, and once she was safely out of the chairlift area she pulled up at the top of the run to finish typing a message. Suddenly from behind, Soo received a mighty smack on the courtesy of a wildly giggling Jessica! “Aahhh !!!” Soo shrieked in shock and pain at the stinging slap. “You’re IT!!!” Jess yelled out as she waved cutely, weaving her way down the mountain. “Damnit Jessi!” Soo cursed, pocketing her phone and taking off down the slope in pursuit of Tae or Tiff.

It wasn’t until she’d reached the bottom of the run that Soo spotted the pair waiting in line for the chairlift. She jumped a few skiers in the queue to join them “Hey guys, have you seen Yoona yet?” Soo asked seemingly innocently, biding her time. “No not yet, have you?” Tiffany asked as the three of them sat down on the chairlift seat together. Soo shook her head in response casting her eyes over the busy slopes below as they ascended. “Oh my God, is … is that her? On top of Jessica?” Sooyoung pointed out the tangle of two familiar bodies mixed up in the snow. “Well, I guess we know who’s IT now” Tae joked, Soo laughing along, the foolishness of Tae’s assumption a cause of greater amusement. “At least it should be easier to escape from Jess since she’s still kinda new to skiing” Tiffany commented as she lifted the bar for the trio’s disembarkation from the chairlift.

Once gathered at the top of the ski run, Sooyoung couldn’t hide the smirk on her face as the started to speak. “If only it was Jess you needed to look out for” Soo said, giving Tae a fist tap to her shoulder, “cos Tae … you’re IT!!!”. With those words, Sooyoung took off with a hearty chuckle. “Why you lying !” Tae shouted at being fooled, Tiffany standing beside her with mouth agape in surprise. “I can’t believe she tricked us like that!” a gruff Tae complained, until she noticed Tiffany smiling. “You know what that means now, don’t you?” Tiff cryptically began, Tae shrugging her shoulders in confusion. “Catch me if you can” the brunette huskily challenged, giving her girlfriend a wink before making a hasty escape. Tae pulled her goggles over her eyes in a fluster as she pushed off the flat snowy peak onto her snowboard, following Tiff’s tracks in chase.

Tiff slalomed over the powder to avoid being tagged, taking a detour through a group of tall trees to the right of the open space of the run. Tae was unfazed by this diversion, tilting and adjusting her body’s alignment to navigate between the obstacles, steadily gaining on her target. “You’re gonna have to go faster than that Fanyah!” Tae teased as the chase led out of the trees and over the bumpy mini run within a run. The undulating surface had the effect of speeding up both racers, almost to the point of losing control, Tiffany the first to dodge into the open field again to widen the gap. She looked behind her and was shocked when Tae was nowhere to be seen. “AHAAA!!!!” Tae shouted as she appeared suddenly at Tiff’s right, almost within reach, having gained some ground by staying on the tree lined course.

Tiffany screeched in shock, making a quick side shuffle to change course, causing Tae to skid onto the edge of her board, sending a spray of snowy powder off the back lip. To try and maintain her balance Tae leaned upwards, sending the front of her board higher than the back, and CRASH!!! she landed hands first on the solid surface, her body tumbling out of control for some distance before slowing to a stop. Tiffany narrowly avoided being caught up in Tae’s barrelling snowball of limbs, swerving to her extreme left then turning to head towards the wreckage that was her woman. “ Tae, are you alright baby?” Tiff worriedly exclaimed as she came to a stop beside her. Tae turned her body over to lay flat on the snow, taking deep breaths at the adrenaline rush such a fall had caused.

In the meantime, Tiff cast off her skis and knelt next to Tae, brushing snow off her clothing and hair, looking over Tae with concern. “Honey, are you hurt?” she questioned, removing her gloves to physically examine Tae’s face, neck and arms. “I’m okay, I think” Tae answered, biting her lip when she felt a sting in her wrist, “What about you, are you okay?” she asked Tiff, trying to divert her attention. “Oh yeah I’m fine” came Tiff’s reply as she assisted Tae to sit upright. The blonde smiled, taking Tiff’s ungloved hand in hers, “Good, because … you’re IT!!” Tae declared with a grin, laughing out loud. “OH no no no, no way, that’s enough chasing for today. It’s getting far too dangerous!” Tiff warned, calling an end to their game and getting to her feet. “We’ll wait at the bottom for the others and have a break. Besides, it’s almost time for the snowmobile tour” mother Tiff laid out the plan, wrapping her arms around Tae’s waist as she rose to stand. Tae smiled through her pain, sinking into Tiffany’s hug and being swept into a soft tender kiss. “Get a room!!!” a familiar voice echoed from above, Tae quick to give the middle digit salute to Sooyoung while she kept on kissing her love.

 

**********

 

The gang were all back at the cabin having returned from their snowmobile tour an hour ago. The very active day took its toll on everyone, some more than others. A quick stop at a burger joint for take-out provided some much needed sustenance with little effort, perfect for the beginning of their respective couples night. Sooyoung stepped outside to see if she could see Sunny coming down the street, also taking the opportunity to clear her head and go through how she wanted to ask her to be her girlfriend. In the midst of her thoughts, she felt an arm drape around her shoulder, it was Yoona. “Hey Giant, everything okay?” the teasing brunette asked, more than just polite questioning, she really wanted to know if her friend was alright. “Yeah, just came out here to think” Soo responded, clasping her hands together as she leaned on the balcony railing.

Yoona mirrored her pose, taking a deep breath before speaking, “You know … I only tease you cos I love you. I hope you don’t take me too seriously” she started, working up conversation to the apology she wanted to make. Soo nodded at Yoona’s words, giving Yoona a bump with her hip, “Oh I know that, it’s just … I’m not really sure what I’m getting myself into here, and being reminded of how I used to be makes me wonder if I’m doing the right thing, by Sunny, and myself”. Yoona was surprised by Soo’s frank admission, not used to seeing a vulnerable side to her longtime pal. “Hey there’s no doubting that girl is into you. Why wouldn’t she be, I mean, you’re … you’re an incredible woman, Soo” Yoona complimented, her eyes looking down at her own hands. “And I’m sorry for giving you a hard time about your past and stuff. I guess I was just …” Yoona paused as she searched for the right words, “… disappointed that … that I’ve missed my chance” she bravely confessed.

Soo was shocked, her jaw dropping as she processed this new information. “You’ve been this unattainable playa for most of our friendship, and since that isn’t really for me, nothing has ever come from being close to you. And now, even though I’ve got Jessi who I’m crazy in love with, I’ve seen you in a totally different light, one that I wish I’d been able to see when we were both single” Yoona admitted, shaking her head at the sentences spilling from . “It’s just … ing bad timing is what it is” she laughed, standing up straight and gripping the railing as if she was about to be into the atmosphere by the weight of her confession.

“I don’t know what to say …” Sooyoung began, swallowing hard while she waited for the right words to be typed into her head, “… I guess now I understand the sly remarks and teasing, but wow, this is soooo out of left field Yoon. We’ve been such good friends for soooo long, I don’t want to lose that” Soo reasoned, hoping things won’t be awkward now. “Oh of course not, neither do I. And believe me when I say that I’ve only told you this stuff so that you can understand why I’ve been acting like an . I love you a lot you crazy goofball, and don’t you ever forget it!”  Yoon finished, giving Soo a playful punch on the upper arm. Soo retaliated by wrapping her arm around Yoona’s neck, getting her in a headlock and messing up her hair, “Love you too, idiot!”. They wrestled into a hug, breaking apart at the sound of the door opening. “Baby, do you wanna go in the hot tub with me?” Jessica asked her girlfriend. “Sure …” she answered, taking Jessi’s offered hand and being led inside, “… have fun tonight Soo” she said with a smile. “You too, goodnight” Soo replied, taking a deep breath once the door clicked shut.

 

**********

 

“Goodnight guys” Jess whispered to a deeply making out Tae and Tiff as she and Yoona passed them on their way to the hottub. “Don’t do anything we wouldn’t do” Yoona added. “What does that eliminate?” Tae asked cheekily, Yoona singing her answer “Noooothiiiiiiing”. Tae and Tiff giggled at their funny friend, sinking into each other’s arms again once Jess and Yoona disappeared into the hottub room.  “Now, where were we?” questioned Tae as she lay back on the sofa, bringing Tiff down to lay on top of her. “I think we were really getting into kissing each other, and your hands were gonna start wandering alllll over me” Tiff purred, brushing her lips over the front of Tae’s neck, feeling the vibrations of Tae’s moans. “Mmmmmm that does sound familiar …” Tae recalled, her eyes fluttering shut at the touch of Tiffany’s tongue swirling below her ear, “… but I could’ve sworn I felt some teeth biting my … ohhhhhhh fuuucckkkkk”. Tiffany played along magnificently, making a dull bite against the nape of Tae’s neck and firmly.

Tiff took hold of Tae’s arms, one hand had d hungrily over Tiff’s gorgeous , the other worked it’s way up into Tiffany’s beautiful brown tresses. Tiff found Tae’s hands and raised them above her lover’s head, pressed to the arm of the couch by her wrists. Tae gave a whimper at the pain shooting down her forearm, she bit her lip to try and stifle her sounds, or at least try and disguise them into something more ual. However, when Tiffany shifted her weight, inadvertently tightening her grip on that particular wrist, Tae couldn’t take it anymore. “Ahhhh shhhhhh baby stop stop stop” Tae hissed, pulling her hand away when Tiff sat up astride her lap. Tae rubbed her wrist soothingly, immediately catching Tiff’s attention.

“Tae, what’s wrong did I hurt … Oh my God, let me see!” Tiff demanded, gently taking hold of Tae’s hand and arm, examining carefully the redness and swelling of Tae’s right wrist. “Ohhh ! You DID hurt yourself today! Why would you keep that a secret baby?” Tiff asked with sympathetic eyes. “I don’t know, I didn’t want to ruin our last fun day here. What with Jess and Yoona being sick, and Soo spending time with Sunny, I just wanted us all to have a great day together” the blonde caringly explained. “Ohhhh baby you’re so sweet, but sooo silly! This could be broken you know!” Tiff rationalised, softly tracing her fingertips along the swollen curve of Tae’s skin. “It’s not broken, I’ve just jarred it or sprained it or something. I’ll get it looked at once we get home” Tae decided, not wanting her injury to inhibit any more fun tonight.

“Now come with me, I believe I tagged you earlier today, so that makes you IT. And I want IT soooooo bad!” Tae commanded, leading her giggling honey to the bedroom for more hands on action.

 

**********

 

~tbc~

 

**********

 

Author’s note.

Hi my extremely patient readers. I’m soooooo sorry it’s been an eternity since I last updated. I won’t bore you with details, instead I’ll give you more frequent chapters as this story soon comes to its conclusion. Thank you for sticking around, and I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

;-D