Match Maker

Snow Bunnies

 

 
Tiffany and Taeyeon slowly approached Yoona at the bottom of the slope, who was still doing her little happy snow dance at winning the race and the bet. "Okay okay Yoona, you won, so when will you be collecting on your bet?" enquired Tiffany as she stabbed her ski poles into the snow. "Hmmmm can I get back to you on that? I'll see what Jessica says" Yoona suggested, pushing her sunglasses to rest on top of her head. Taeyeon stretched her back and shoulders, rolling her head and groaning slightly. "Are you okay baby?" Tiffany asked concernedly. "Oh yeah, just a bit achey is all" Taeyeon reassured her.
 
Suddenly up behind them a skier screamed to a halt, it was Sunny. "Hey ladies, everything okay?" she asked as she pulled her goggles up to sit on her cute woollen hat. "Sunny, hello again, yeah everything is fine" Taeyeon grinned as she nodded to the others who chimed in. "Yeah, just a bit of up and downing" Tiffany cheekily remarked. "And I'm kicking their all over these here ski fields" Yoona boasted. "Oh yeah? You must be pretty good then ..." Sunny played along, "I believe I'd like to find out just how good, if you're up for the challenge of course". "Oh you have yourself a challenge girl!" accepted Yoona, grinning at the prospect of finally having some competition. The four of them headed to the chair lift and sat down for their journey up the mountain.
 
"So ..." Sunny began, "Sooyoung and Jessica not racing with you all?". "No, we thought they were with you, I hope they're okay" Taeyeon asked worriedly. "Last I heard they were gonna take a break in Blizzard, they're probably still there" explained Sunny as she took her gloves off. Taeyeon continued to roll her neck, eyes closed, trying to work out the knots. "Taeyeon, it looks like you need the skilled hands of your woman to rub away those aches" Sunny suggested, giving Tiffany a wink which was happily returned. "Oh those hands aren't just good for rubbing away the aches" Yoona responded in her own filthy way. "You're right Yoon, they're also good for flipping you the bird" retorted Tiffany as she followed her words with the appropriate action. Sunny giggled, loving the playfulness of this group of women who seemed to know each other so well.
 
Sunny was apprehensive in asking about Sooyoung. Part of her wanted to hear it all from the woman herself, but she also got the feeling that Sooyoung would hide a lot of her real self if pressed for info. "So what can you tell me about Sooyoung that she probably won't tell me herself?" Sunny asked, hoping to get a small glimpse of what these women saw in Sooyoung every day. The others giggled, it was cute that Sunny wanted to know more about Sooyoung. Sunny went on "Not that I don't want to find out things from her myself, but I get the sense that she's a bit, I dunno, guarded about herself".
 
"Well, that's our Sooyoung. She can be a bit protective of her real self, because she doesn't want to get hurt" Taeyeon offered. "I can totally understand that, I just hope I'll be seeing some of her real self in the next few days" confessed Sunny as she stared at her ski tips, swinging her feet below her. Taeyeon smiled and patted Sunny on her knee, "Don't worry Sunny, I suspect you've seen parts of her real self today". Sunny smiled softly, Taeyeon was a really sweet woman, she thought.
 
As they exited the chair lift, Tiffany and Taeyeon headed in one direction while Sunny and Yoona pulled up at the top of the slope. "We'll see you around the place guys, we're gonna take it easy down some of the longer runs." Taeyeon shouted to Yoona and Sunny. "Yoona ... we'll meet you back at the cabin, don't forget we have to honour Taeyeon's victory tonight, you're slaving with me remember?" Tiffany added, reminding Yoona of the original bet that Taeyeon had won. "Oh yeah, okay okay I'll be there" Yoona shouted back as they went on their way.
 
When their race began, Yoona realised that she was truly no match for Sunny and her superb skills. She made it to the bottom of the hill exhausted after trying to keep up with Sunny, who only seemed to be pulling further and further away. The huge smile on Sunny's face was priceless, the gasping fish out of water expression on Yoona's face was just as attention grabbing. "You're good ... real good" Yoona admitted, knowing she was beat. "C'mon, let's go again, I'll give ya some speed tips" Sunny commanded, enjoying Yoona's company.
 
They shuffled along as people got on the chair lifts, and were able to get a chair to themselves. This was Sunny's chance to interrogate and find some REAL dirt on Sooyoung. "So Yoona, I heard one of ya calling Sooyoung 'Stud' earlier, is she a bit of a ladies lady?" Sunny asked in a serious tone. "Well, she is generally a very popular young thing, and she has a powerful gift for attracting the ladeeeez" Yoona started to explain until she noticed Sunny's expression drop slightly. "But ... she recently got hurt by someone, and it has changed her, I've certainly noticed it. She's just a woman who wants to be loved and have someone appreciate all she has to give them" Yoona went on to tell, feeling a bit better about her explanation when she saw Sunny shyly beam a glowing smile.
 
"She has always been envious of what Tiffany and Taeyeon had, the perfect loving monogamous relationship. I guess she's just been in the express lane for trying to find that special one" they both giggled knowingly. "Just ... give her a chance ... she's a great friend, and ... well ... I know she likes you" Yoona confessed, knowing that perhaps she shouldn't have, but she couldn't help herself. She was protective of Sooyoung and always wanted what's best for her, even though sometimes she made jokes about her. That was just Yoona's way.
 
And she liked Sunny. Yoona got a strong feeling that Sunny could hold her own, matching wits with Yoona would always score big points with her. She thought Sooyoung and Sunny would make a sweet couple if given the chance, and she wanted them to have every opportunity to make it so. Sunny blushed at hearing Yoona's knowledgable words. "I ... like her too, and I definitely want to get to know her better" Sunny admitted. Now it was Yoona's turn to beam "ahhhh it's all coming to fruition" the matchmaker thought to herself.
 
Sooyoung and Jessica continued chatting back at Blizzard, gazing out the window occasionally to watch the action on the slopes. "So we could all be coupled up soon, that'll be weird ..." Sooyoung suggested, looking to Jessica for a response. Jessica's jaw had dropped, eyes wide and she gasped and pointed out the window. Sooyoung looked to the source of Jessica's horror and saw, on the chair lift, Yoona and Sunny talking. "Ohh !" Sooyoung breathed, "... this is bad karma". Jessica agreed, adding "Sunny better keep her hands off MY woman". Sooyoung was equally as protective "Well your lil hussie better keep her hands off MY woman I mean ... you know what I mean". Jessica shook her head to clear her thoughts "What are we sitting here arguing for, let’s get out there!" she exclaimed. The two of them quickly clomped their big booted feet out the door and dashed for their equipment.
 
Sunny and Yoona had no idea of the mayhem that was taking place or the trouble they were apparently in. They talked more about Tiffany and Taeyeon, there was of course much to tell because of what had been happening. Sunny could see the deep love they had even if they were back at their 'courting' stage "I can see why Sooyoung would want what they have, who wouldn't?". Yoona giggled nervously, a little shy all of a sudden. "Is that what you and Jessica have, or want?" Sunny enquired, noticing Yoona's slight change in demeanour. "Ahh ... well what we've got right now is the 'I wanna be with you 24/7' stage, and we all know where that can lead ... two places ..." Yoona began, wondering if Sunny had any experience with those two places. "Oh yeah ... the U-Haul or the Haul-" Sunny said without hesitation. Yoona nodded "Bingo!".
 
Sooyoung and Jessica shuffled as fast as they could over to the chair lift to give chase to their women. This would be their first solo foray onto the big daunting slopes. But they were focussed on more important matters to worry about falling down or crashing. They struggled onto the chair and began their ascent up the mountain. Not a word was spoken, they were each looking down at the snow searching for Yoona and Sunny.
 
Suddenly below them two figures zoomed down the mountain at racing speed, giving Jessica and Sooyoung no chance to yell down at them since they were gone before they could open their mouths. They exited the lift and started down the ski run doing their much practiced snow plows. Skiing along in long slow zigzags from one side of the slope to the other, they looked like an ostrich and a giraffe on skis. Jessica was a picture of concentration, her eyes focussed, her jaw clenched, inside her mind a mantra played, "kill ... kill ... kill ...". Sooyoung on the other hand was more concerned that Yoona might be scaring Sunny off with stories of her many conquests.
 
At the bottom of the slope, Yoona and Sunny met up with Tiffany and Taeyeon again who had just finished their long run. They all got on the lift together and talked about what fun they were having. "Wow, check it out!" Taeyeon gasped to the others as she pointed to a giraffe and ostrich weaving down the hill. "Oh my God, they're actually doing it" a surprised Yoona beamed. "It's like watching baby birds leave the nest, I feel so proud" Sunny gushed, wiping away fake tears. They all laughed as they kept watch on their friends, "Let's wait for them at the top so we can all go together" Tiffany suggested, as the others enthusiastically agreed with the idea.
 
Sooyoung and Jessica both stayed upright and continued weaving down till they reached the bottom. "JESSICA!!” Sooyoung screamed, waking her from her focus. "What?" Jessica asked sternly. "We made it down the hill without falling and without help!" a shocked Sooyoung excitedly exclaimed. Jessica's expression softened as she realised that they had indeed made it without falling or help ... "Oh my God Sooyoung, we did it!". They hugged happily and celebrated their small important victory. "Let's go again!" Jessica squealed as they both headed to the lift again, forgetting all about their original chase.
 
 
**********
 
 
~tbc~