Hot Cold

Snow Bunnies

 

As the sun set, the night air turned crisp, and while Sunny and Sooyoung walked the path to their date destination, the warmth of their company was of great comfort. The fact that Sunny had almost immediately linked her arm with Sooyoung’s made her warm in a whole other way. Thankfully it wasn’t far to walk to “Frostbite”, the bright neon of the retro 50s diner luring people inside from the cold.

Sooyoung smiled as they entered, the jukebox blasting out old favourites, waitresses buzzing around in their cute little outfits, the atmosphere was fantastic. The pair were led to a cosy booth by a window, smiling as they sat opposite each other. “This place is great!” Sooyoung commented, taking the menu given to her by their waitress Janet. Sunny agreed, having been here a few times in her several job stints, “I know right, they do the best burgers in town!”

After making their orders, they settled into conversation. “So you’ve never been here to Aspen before?” Sunny asked, getting in first with a question. “Nope, this is my first time. So I guess that makes me a ! Wow, what a trip!” Sooyoung joked, relieved when Sunny joined her laughter. “Well don’t worry, you’re in very capable hands” the blonde cutie responded with a hint of flirt. “So how many times have you been here?” Sooyoung spun the question around onto Sunny, “Hmm let’s see … this would be my third winter here” she answered, adding “but I’m not sure if I’ll be back next year”.

Sooyoung was intrigued to know why, and a tiny bit excited to know if she’d be in California more. “Why is that? You’re so good at teaching those kids” she complimented with honesty. “Aww thanks. I love the teaching part, it’s just getting to be the same old everything else though. In the dorm I stay in, everyone seems to be non-stop partying, and that’s just not me. I might take a break from it for a year, see if I miss it” Sunny explained while their drinks arrived, both taking the opportunity to enjoy a shake, served in the old style metal containers.

“Oh my God, this is sooooo good” Sooyoung gushed, offering Sunny a sip of her chocolate shake in exchange for a try of her strawberry one. “Mmmmm tastes very nice” Sunny commented, smiling as they swapped back to their own choices. “So what about for your other half of the year, are you still gonna go to New Zealand or Australia for their ski seasons?” Sooyoung questioned, receiving a surprised smile from Sunny “Wow, you remembered, ummm I think I might do one more stint in Queenstown, New Zealand. I love that place, it’s just like here, but the people are so much more relaxed and down to earth. Besides, I like getting my thrills jumping off things” Sunny confesses with a giggle.

“Oh don’t tell me you’ve bungy jumped before?” Sooyoung asked, already suspecting the answer to be yes. Sunny enthusiastically nodded, “I sure have, Oh my God I love it!!! You should try it sometime, the freefall is just out of this world!”. Sooyoung shook her head just as enthusiastically “No no no! Nooooooo way, sorry, no can do! I can’t believe you would voluntarily leap off a bridge or cliff or whatever ohhhh no I couldn’t do that, no ma’am”. Sunny laughed at Sooyoung’s reaction, waving her hands and making a ‘time out’ signal. “Wait a minute, time out, how can you know unless you try it? Are you afraid of heights?”. “Ummmm no. I’m afraid of jumping to my death with a splatt! And I don’t have to try it to know that I won’t find any enjoyment in doing it” Sooyoung voiced her opinion. Sunny shook her head, “I reckon I could talk you into it” she smirked, taking a drink just as their burgers arrived. Sooyoung chuckled at Sunny’s suggestion, secretly acknowledging that this woman could possibly talk her into anything if she used the right tactics.

 

Back at the cabin, the remaining four women were enjoying their pizza and beer in the soothing waters of the hot tub. “So did you enjoy the skiing today Jessica?” Tiffany asked, giving Taeyeon a shoulder massage as part of the bet she’d won. “I really did! Once I got the hang of it. Now I see why you guys love it so much. I just hope that I don’t forget everything I’ve learnt overnight and fall on my tomorrow” Jess giggled, putting her empty bottle on the bench outside the tub. “Oh baby, even if you do fall on your , I’ll be there to kiss it better” Yoona purred, being sickly sweet to her girlfriend. “Well, that IS what you do best, right Yoon? Kiss ?” Taeyeon joked, earning giggles from all but Yoon, who was about to fire a response right back when Tae spoke again.

“I’d like a bottle of water please Yoona. And maybe you should get another drink for your lovely lady while you’re at it”. Yoona shut , remembering the bet and following Tae’s instruction. “Certainly, your evilness” she acknowledged, “another beer my angel?”. Jess smiled at Yoona’s sweetness “Ummm, no I think I’ll have a water too. I don’t want to get drunk tonight”. Yoona nodded and hopped out of the tub to get the drinks.

Tiffany pouted, making a soft whimper. “What’s wrong baby?” Tae asked, concerned. “She didn’t ask if I wanted a drink”. Jessica was just about to yell out to Yoona when Tae shushed her. “Shhh no Jess, I’ll ask her again in a minute, I wanna have some fun with her”. The three of them giggled softly, waiting for Yoona to return. She soon strutted back in with two bottles, handing them out to their recipients and hopping back in the hot water. There was expectant silence as Taeyeon prepared to start her fun.

“Oh Yoona, could I have another bottle of water please. This one is for Tiffany since you didn’t ask if she wanted a drink” Tae seriously ordered, the others biting their lips to keep quiet. “You’re joking right? Can’t you share that bottle?” Yoona frustratedly asked. “I’d like my own bottle please, I don’t want to give Tiffany my cooties” Tae explained, giving Yoona a serious stare. “Okay okay I’ll get it” she conceded, hopping out again and retrieving another bottle. The hot tub room erupting in laughter while Yoona was gone. “Oh my God Tae, you’re so bad” Tiffany exclaimed, sliding her arms around Tae’s waist and bringing her to lay back against her chest.

Yoona tossed the bottle to Tae who caught it, somewhat startled by the unexpected delivery method. Once the disgruntled slave was back in the hot waters, Tae pushed her luck again. “Yoona, I’d like a straw for my water please”. You could almost see steam rising from Yoona’s ears, “Oh come on, this is ridiculous. You know Tiffany is supposed to be slaving with me, why can’t she do it?” Yoona complained about her unfair treatment. “Because Tiffany is being my personal armchair right now. Besides, I asked you. I promise, I don’t need you to get me anything else after this” Tae reasoned, hoping Yoona will take the bait. She said nothing, instead getting out of the tub with much splashing and huffing.

Again Tae, Tiff and Jess were laughing as quiet as they could. “Okay, that’s enough now Tae, or Yoon may just kill you in your sleep” Tiffany warned. “I know I know, that’s it I swear”. Yoona came back with the whole packet of straws, handing out bunches to all three in the tub who were laughing hysterically. Yoona threw the half empty straw packet on the bench before returning to the water for hopefully the last time. Tae coughed, clearing , causing Yoona to give her a ‘don’t you dare’ glare. “Yoon …” Tae started, trying to stifle her own giggles. “What?” Yoona answered, her eyes narrowing in fury. “Can you ... rub my feet pweeeease?” Taeyeon put on her best aegyo. All four of them broke out in laughter, Yoona reaching into the water for Tae’s feet and tickling the soles relentlessly. “You’re so lucky I love you, ”.

“Holy Tae, Godzilla has smoother skin and shorter nails than you!!!” Yoona commented jokingly, earning a splash of water in the face. “Yahhh!!!! Just keep rubbing them and shutup!” Tae ordered, leaning back onto Tiffany and smiling smugly. Calm was restored, and the four friends talked about Sooyoung and her lust/love interest. “So what do we think of the SooSun situation?” Yoona put the question out there. “I like her, she seems nice, and Soo seems to like her” Jessica started. “Although, her whole around the world skiing capers don’t leave much room for romance or relationships to blossom, so I hope Sooyoung doesn’t get too attached to someone that won’t be around much” Yoona pitched in her two cents.

Tiffany, ever the optimist, spoke up “Yeah but who’s to say that Sunny could decide not to go away if she thinks Sooyoung is the one for her. Or they may even go there together”. Tae added her more realist opinion “But hang on, Sooyoung has a life back home too, and I’m sure she wouldn’t wanna be an afterthought, or a contingency in someone else’s plan”. “That’s true …” Yoona agreed, “Sooyoung is a fairly independent woman. And hell, she may not even want to get into a relationship after what happened with Victoria”. Tae had the last word on the matter “I guess it’s all up to them, and whatever happens, we’ll be there for Soo, right?”. The other three nodded in agreement, “right!!”.

 

“Best. Burger. Ever” Sooyoung declared after her last mouthful was gone. Sunny patted at her lips with the napkin, “Absolutely! So good!!!”. Janet returned to take their plates, asking if they’d like to see the dessert menu. “Ummm I think I know what I want … would you like to share a Super Sundae?” Sunny asks Sooyoung, who smiles, nodding “Sure, a Super Sundae sounds swell”. They giggle at all the S’s, Janet smiling as she went away to get their shared dessert. “So you’ve had one of these before?” Sooyoung asked, suspecting Sunny had used this ploy to seduce past dates. “No I haven’t, but I’ve really wanted to. Just had no-one to share it with” Sunny shyly looked down for a moment before glancing up. Sooyoung was blushing a little, a grin appearing on her face. They nervously laughed at the subtle change in conversation and atmosphere between them.

“Sorry, I thought maybe you’d brought dates here before” Sooyoung apologised. “No need to be sorry, I haven’t dated anyone while I’ve been doing these ski jobs” Sunny admitted, finishing her shake while she waited for Sooyoung’s inevitable question. She paused before asking, realising the answer may reveal important information. “You know I’m gonna ask … why did you agree to go out with me if you haven’t dated here before?”. Sunny giggled, “I knew you’d ask”, she took some additional time to formulate the words. “Well, because … I thought it would be fun to get to know you without your friends around, and while I’m not trying to prevent you from falling on your in the snow”. Sunny fiddled with her right earring, wanting to say more, but not wanting to scare Sooyoung off.

The moment was interrupted by Janet who placed a massive glass of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla icecream with chocolate sauce, strawberries, whipped cream and a cherry on top. As they dug into the delicious dessert, Sooyoung continued their conversation. “Is that all?” Soo questioned, sensing Sunny had more to say. “Mmmhmm” Sunny mumbled unconvincingly with a convenient mouthful of vanilla icecream. “I don’t buy it” Sooyoung said, giving Sunny a sceptical look and taking a spoonful of the chocolate.

“Well what do you want me to say, that I like you?” Sunny blurted out, raising an eyebrow as her eyes met Soo’s. “That’s a nice start” Sooyoung teased, Sunny giggling at her response. “Sooyoung, I like you. And I really want to get to know you better” Sunny seriously said, a soft smile gracing her lips. Sooyoung was blushing, she leaned in, wanting to know more, “anything else? C’mon, don’t be shy, we’re all adults here” she whispered, placing her fingers on the base of the tall glass while she gathered another scoop of dessert. Sunny giggled, twirling her spoon as she whispered her words “Okay, I really … really … wanna kiss you”. She slid her fingers on top of Sooyoung’s then met her y gaze.

For the next few minutes while they were finishing their dessert, the pair were slowly seducing each other with their fingers. It was the most sensual and form of that either of them had ever partaken in. With movements slow, soft and delicate, single fingers took their turn to caress the length, knuckles, fingernails and fingerprints. The icecream in the glass was melting as the heat between Sooyoung and Sunny was intensifying. Heavy breaths were drawn, occasional shifting in seats, bitten lips, open mouths, the softest of whimpers, all served as signs that what they were doing was not only turning themselves on, but stirring up the arousal of the other.

Sooyoung was in awe of this simple act, finding it absolutely amazing that she could be so from a touch that didn’t involve any kissing or contact with ual body parts. This was completely new to her, but she was starting to really enjoy this slower pace for its intensity and anticipatory aspects. At the same time though, she knew her time in Aspen was going to be short, and she wanted more than anything to see Sunny more often, and not just in the snow.

 

**********

 

~tbc~

 

**********

 

PS – Sorry for the delay with this chapter. This is the first chapter I’ve had to write from scratch since all previous chapters were from the story I wrote many many years ago. So please bear with me :-)  I hope you like this continuation, and that it flows on okay given the years between writing.