Help Wanted

Snow Bunnies

 

 
Tiffany, Taeyeon, Yoona and Sunny waited at the top of the ski slope for Jessica and Sooyoung so they could all go down the hill together. They exited the chair lift and headed straight over to the others, gloating about their solo runs. Jessica hugged Yoona protectively "So, what have you two been talking about?" Jessica asked suspiciously. Before Yoona or Sunny could open their mouths to answer, Sooyoung spoke "I apologise up front for anything Yoona told you Sunny, its probably not true". "So you're not the best hairdresser in California?" Sunny asked, smirking cheekily. "Yes I am, that part is true" Sooyoung played along, leaving the matter for now, but really wanting to ask Yoona what on earth she divulged about her. They all started down the slope together for their final run of the day. No falls, everyone staying together and going at a nice leisurely pace, giving encouragement to Sooyoung and Jessica who had really come a long way since this morning.
 
Reaching the bottom, they say their goodbyes to Sunny who tells Sooyoung that she'll see her at seven o'clock. Sooyoung smiles happily, glad that at least Sunny still wanted to get together after she talked to Yoona about God knows what. On their way back to the cabin, Sooyoung started her interrogation. "So what did you tell her Yoona?". "Relax Sooyoung she likes you, nothing I said changed that" Yoona reassured her. "But what did you tell her, I don't want any surprises tonight, I don't want to tell her one thing when she's been told another" Sooyoung rationalised. "Just don't lie to her Sooyoung, easy fixed" encouraged Yoona who really only wanted to help. "So you told her the truth about me? Great, thanks alot Yoon, right now she's fixing to hook up with someone who HASN'T ed all of California" Sooyoung was getting angry, she really didn't like the picture that Yoona may have painted of her.
 
By this time they were back at the cabin and the others went about keeping out of this argument and letting Yoona and Sooyoung sort it out themselves. "Will you relax ..." Yoona insisted, "okay this is what I said. That you were popular with the ladies, that you'd been hurt recently and just wanted someone to love and get love in return ...". Sooyoung didn't think that sounded too bad, "okay ...". Yoona continued "and I also said that you liked her". Sooyoung's face tensed again, "You did what?". "Chill out, she said she likes you too, and wants to get to know you better ..." Yoona tried to explain, but Sooyoung just shook her head and walked out onto the balcony.
 
Tiffany sighed, giving Yoona that disapproving look, "Couldn't help playing match maker huh?". "Hey, SHE asked ME about Sooyoung okay? I was putting in a good word. It worked" Yoona reasoned, trying to defend herself. "Still Yoona, it wasn't really your place to air Sooyoung's dirty laundry" added Taeyeon, joining Tiffany's side. "What laundry, I said she was popular, I didn't give out nitty gritty, and besides, she STILL wants to see her". Tiffany still wasn't convinced "Well I guess we'll see ... if Sunny even shows up". Yoona had just about enough of this, "Oh come on, don't be so melodramatic, she'll be here". Yoona silently thought to herself "God I hope I haven't seriously messed this up for Sooyoung". She excused herself and went out to talk to her.
 
"Yoon don't, not right now okay?" Sooyoung wasn't in the mood for talking to Yoona, she was trying to figure out what she should say to Sunny if she shows up. "Okay Sooyoung, I just want to apologise, I shouldn't have even said anything about you. But she's nice, and she likes you, she genuinely wanted to know more about you. She said you seemed to be a bit guarded, and she wanted to hear more about you from people who really know and love you. I honestly didn't say anything bad, I was as vague as possible" Sooyoung simply nodded, still not convinced until Sunny was at her door. As if on cue, her phone rang, it was Sunny. Sooyoung's face dropped, preparing for the dump 'n' run she thought was coming.
 
"Hi Sunny, whatsup?" Sooyoung tried to sound cheerful. "Hi Sooyoung, not much, ummm about tonight ..." Sunny began. Sooyoung closed her eyes as the words struck her like a dagger, "It's okay ... I understand, you don't owe me any explanation". "What? Sooyoung I'm not cancelling on you" Sunny reassured her. Sooyoung took a deep breath "Ohh ... ummm well good, so what's on your mind?". "Apart from you?" Sunny giggled softly, "I just wanted to know if it would be okay if I came by at 7.30pm, I'm a bit achey so I'm gonna take a bath". Sooyoung was very relieved and blushing slightly from Sunny's admission that she was thinking about her, "Sure, no problem, I'll see you then". "Yes, you will, bye Sooyoung" Sunny purred. "Bye", Sooyoung closed her phone and smiled at Yoona, sliding her phone into her back pocket.
 
Yoona grinned, giving Sooyoung a playful punch on the arm, "there ya go, told ya, no apology necessary, this one's on the house", she said as she turned to walk away. Sooyoung grabbed Yoona from behind and hugged her tightly, pretending to strangle her. Sooyoung walked them both toward the door to go inside, when suddenly Sooyoung stopped in her tracks and loosened her grip on Yoona, looking to her right with wide eyes and gobsmacked mouth. Yoona looked at Sooyoung and followed her gaze, she became equally as surprised. They both walked in zombie like state over to the source of their stare. A room at the end of the balcony, partitioned off entirely by glass windows. Inside the room was, what could only be a mirage to these ladies, surely. It was a large hot tub, big enough for 8 people. Yoona and Sooyoung stood outside with hands and faces pressed to the glass, groaning softly and looking for the way in. There was a door to the back, next to the now apparent two sided fireplace. The gals turned to each other and smiled wickedly, both running inside to tell the others.
 
"You guys, we have a hot tub!" Yoona yelled as she raced through the door. "Big enough for 8 hotties" Sooyoung added as she grabbed the back of Yoona's shirt to slow her down on their way to the door beside the fireplace. It was very well hidden as the fireplace immediately takes your focus when you look in that direction. Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jessica all dropped what they were doing and went to investigate. The door flung open and everyone went inside for a look, they stood around in awe, making "oooh" and "aaaah" sounds. "I wanna get in now!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly. "What about dinner?" Yoona asked. "Always thinking with your stomach Yoon" teased Jessica, sliding her arm around her honey. "How about we have dinner first, then we can relax in it all evening" Tiffany suggested, "... besides, we have a bet to honour, and since it's now five o'clock, Taeyeon, what can we do for you?". Taeyeon had forgotten about the bet, and got a wicked grin when she realised that both Yoona and Tiffany were at her service, "I'm starved, how about something to eat".
 
"Certainly ma'am, and what can we get you for dinner?" Tiffany asked in her politest voice. "Pssst Taeyeon ... pizza, say pizza" Jessica whispered, giving Taeyeon a big shiny smile. "Jessica, this isn't your bet" Yoona scolded, playfully patting Jessica's . "Ohhh pizza sounds good" Taeyeon responded. "It's okay Taeyeon, don't just ask for it cos I said so, I'm sorry, this is your night", Jessica graciously apologised. "You're right, this is MY night, and I want pizza please" Taeyeon ordered, snapping her fingers jokingly, watching Tiffany and Yoona scurry to the phone to make the order. "I could get used to this" Taeyeon commented to Jessica, giving her a wink.
 
Sooyoung was in her room, scrounging through her clothes for something suitable to wear tonight on her date with Sunny. Everything was wrinkled and nothing seemed to be right for the occasion. It was just dinner, but Sooyoung's dinner ensemble was usually whatever she was wearing at the time of the invitation. "Yooooonaaaaa!" Sooyoung yelled, "I need fashion advice". Yoona squealed and jumped to her feet, skipping in to Sooyoung's room to help her out "So, what's the dealio?". "I've got clothes here, but nothing to wear. This is important and I wanna look hot" Sooyoung explained, throwing clothes out of her suitcase and onto her bed. "I see, this is quite a collection of crapola" Yoona joked, picking items up between her fingertips and tossing them aside like stinky garbage. "Attention all personnel, wardrobe crisis! Please report to Sooyoung's room with date clothing suggestions at once" Yoona announced in her best *MASH* voice. "Why do I feel a fashion parade coming on?" Sooyoung asked Yoona as the others scrambled to their rooms and grabbed clothes.
 
It was almost seven o'clock and the fashions were flying thick and fast. The gals all sat out around the fireplace eating their pizzas. With every outfit she strutted out to her friends, twirled and posed like a real supermodel, making them all giggle at her antics. So far she had only half settled on a black pant suit of Tiffany's with a burgundy blouse of Yoona's. Her next outfit was a white ruffled shirt and pair of snug jeans of her own which looked okay, but wasn't quite right. It felt like she had tried every combination of all her friend’s outfits, but still was undecided. She wanted something to leap out and grab her when she put it on, so far she'd only been tentatively grabbed. Soon she would come across something that would blow her away.
 
Sooyoung had one more outfit to try on, a nice pair of dark denim jeans, a black silk blouse and long black "Matrix" style jacket. This was the one, she proudly strutted out to the others, wearing sunglasses for effect. "THAT is it Sooyoung, you look hot hot hottttt momma" Yoona commented as she fanned herself. "Wow ... incredible Sooyoung, she won't be able to resist you" Taeyeon added, giving Sooyoung a genuine smile. "Thanks guys, I feel like a million bucks" Sooyoung gushed, dusting off her shoulders. "Well if you spill anything on that jacket, that's what you'll owe me" Tiffany joked, straightening the collar of Sooyoung's blouse for her. "I hear ya, thanks for letting me borrow it" Sooyoung spoke softly. "You're welcome, anytime" Tiffany responded, taking Sooyoung's face in her hands and planting a soft kiss on her forehead. "Go see Taeyeon, she'll fix ya up all nice and pretty". "Make-up?" Sooyoung asked worriedly, she rarely wore the stuff, but she did as asked on this occasion.
 
Taeyeon was in the bathroom already getting her kits out. Sooyoung shyly knocked on the door, "Hi, I'm here for my seven o'clock appointment?". Taeyeon giggled, "sure honey, come in and take a seat". Sooyoung sat down and let Taeyeon work her magic. "So, doing anything special tonight?" Taeyeon continued in her 'unfamiliar make-up artist' role. "Umm yeah I have a date" Sooyoung played along. "Oooh what's she like?" Taeyeon applied the foundation basics first then set about highlighting Sooyoung's best features, her eyes. Sooyoung closed her eyes and a smile spread across her lips as she started to describe Sunny. "Well, she has short blonde hair with a few highlights through it. Brown eyes, a very y mouth, a beautiful body, ya know she's a ski instructor, so she's toned and filled out in all the right places". "Mmmm she sounds dreamy, what do you like most about her body?" Taeyeon teasingly asked. "Wow ummm good question, well ya know I love a nice and a good rack. She certainly gets gold stars in that department" Sooyoung laughed as she confessed her favourite womanly attributes causing Taeyeon to giggle at Sooyoung's obvious answers.
 
"Taeyeon ..." Sooyoung began, "I'm nervous, I don't wanna screw this up". Taeyeon's heart warmed as she heard the vulnerability in Sooyoung's voice. "You'll be fine honey, just be yourself, she really likes you for that" offered Taeyeon. "I guess ... but what if it's not good enough? How will I bounce back?" Sooyoung was really worried, this was her first attempt at closeness with someone since Victoria. "Sooyoung, you need to take this one step at a time. You're wondering how you'll recover from something you haven't even begun yet. Get through the first five minutes, then take it from there. I promise you, there's nothing to worry about tonight, just have fun" Taeyeon's words of wisdom flowed forth as she put the finishing touches to Sooyoung's eye make-up, making her positively smouldering.
 
"Now, I think that this colour will just set your lips off honey, see what you think" Taeyeon handed Sooyoung a dark red lipstick as she opened her eyes and looked in the mirror. She was sooo surprised at what she saw in the mirror that she had to do a double take at her own reflection. "Oh wow Taeyeon, you made me look hot!" Sooyoung gushed, fixing her hair to compliment her face. "Well, I had a very beautiful canvas to work with, so I just applied some finishing touches" said Taeyeon as she softly rubbed Sooyoung's shoulder before walking out to get some more pizza. Sooyoung smiled standing up and moving closer to the mirror to apply the lipstick "Thanks Taeyeon", "Anytime honey" came the reply.
 
As she blotted and puckered up to the mirror, her stomach began to somersault with butterflies. Sooyoung smiled at herself in the mirror, this was what it was all about, something real, with substance. The other encounters she'd had with random women were fading into a part of her history she'd sooner forget. Regardless of whether this worked out or not with Sunny, Sooyoung was on the right track now to finding what she really wants from life and love. Sooyoung didn't hear the knock on the front door, Jessica coming into the bathroom to let her know. "Sooyoung ... Sunny is here for you" Jessica informed her, almost giggling with excitement. "Okay" Sooyoung softly said to herself and Jessica.
 
"Wow, you look incredible, your eyes ... so beautiful" Jessica gushed. "Thanks Sica, so how does she look? Am I overdressed?" Sooyoung asked, smoothing her clothes down and applying some perfume to her pulse points. "She looks gorgeous, you'll see, and you're not overdressed, you both fit perfectly" Jessica smoothed the back of Sooyoung's jacket as she spoke, ushering her out of the bathroom to her waiting date. Sooyoung ran her fingertips through her hair as she walked down the hallway, clearing ready to greet Sunny. The moment she saw her, she lost the ability to speak. Sunny looked beautiful, her hair was funky-messy in style, framing her pixie-ish features adorably. Her gorgeous chocolate eyes highlighted by her makeup. Soft inviting painted lips a classic shade of red. She wore black jeans and a figure hugging red knitted top complimented by a black suede jacket. The slight hint of bare midriff whipped Sooyoung's mind into a frenzy which thankfully re-activated her ability to speak.
 
"Hi Sunny, wow, you look amazing" Sooyoung complimented her date. "Heyyyy oh my God, you look incredible Sooyoung" Sunny retorted, studying Sooyoung's form from top to toe. Sunny woke herself from her daze, "So ... shall we get going?". "Sure okay, cya ladies" Sooyoung purred, smirking at them as they each gave their own "go get em tiger" signals of encouragement while Sunny wasn't looking. When she did turn around, the gals tried to act casual. Tiffany opened the door for them "Goodnight ladies". "Have fun you two" said Taeyeon, "Yeah, good to see you again Sunny" added Jessica, "Don't do anything we wouldn't do" joked Yoona. Sooyoung turned around, poked her tongue out and gave Yoona the finger. "That's right, a little of each of that" Yoona continued, getting a playful slap on the arm from Jessica.
 
Tiffany closed the door and leaned against the back of it, "They look soooo good together, I hope it works out for them". Taeyeon walked up to Tiffany slowly and smiled "Anything is possible". She pressed her palms against the door just above Tiffany's shoulders and leaned in to kiss her. "Oh gross, not another lovey-dovey couple" Yoona complained, holding her stomach and feigning sickness until Jessica grabbed her and kissed her with a passionate lust, reminding Yoona that she was also part of a lovey dovey couple. Jessica pulled back from the kiss leaving Yoona breathless and panting. Jessica flashed a wide smile at Yoona then ran off giggling and chanting "HOT TUB ... HOT TUB ... HOT TUB" causing the others to laugh and follow her lead, going into their rooms and putting on their swimsuits.
 
**********
 
~tbc~