Not Being Able to Realize

Jung Daehyun, I Got'chu

Merry Late Christmas guyss (: <3

 

Your POV

It was your turn and so you put out your hand even more out, closed your eyes, and waited for the slaps. After a few seconds you opened your eyes to check why he wasn't continuing. You looked at him and he seemed to be in deep thought. 

"Hey! Jeongshin chalyeo (pay attention)!" Jasmine yelled out and Daehyun snapped back to reality. 

"Ahh! My hand hurts from all that slapping. Jinhyuk, can you slap her for me? I don't think I can slap anymore." He suddenly began to grab onto his hand frantically and it looked like he was in big pain. Eunji gave him a light slap and called him , but soon checked his hand. By the looks of her expression, you thought that it wasn't all that bad. You let out your hand and Jinhyuk gave you small five slaps. You smiled at him in thanks and watched Daehyun as he went back to the basketball court. 

We continued with the game and soon I got caught again.. by Jaemin. You and Jaemin were pretty okay now. You guys were actually close friends. He stopped liking you in the middle of sixth grade and now, he was your best guy friend. However, he has absolutely no mercy when it comes to this game. Even if the target was his best friend. *Dammit, why him* You watched as he hit Jinhyuk, and Jinhyuk's hands became bright red. He came over to you and gave you the smile. *Let's get this over with* You let out your hand and waited for the slaps, but at that moment, you heard a voice yell out,"YAH! KIM JAEMIN! I HAVE HOT CHEETOS!" You opened your eyes and saw that half of the people from the table were gone, including Jaemin. You sighed in relief as Jinhyuk patted you. You looked over in the direction of the place that everyone was at and saw that Daehyun was the owner of the voice and the chips. We joined them and talked a bit. You wondered if Daehyun did it on purpose. *Probably not..right? I mean, we never even talked or anything so it won't be. Shouldn't be-*

"Let's play a game!" Jasmine said and everyone agreed. They began brainstorming on which game to play and soon they all agreed on one.

"Okay! Partner dodge ball it is! Choose a partner!" Eunji said loudly as she got up. Soojung immediately came over to you and asked you to play, but you rejected since you didn't really want to play. You were kind of tired and didn't want to sweat. 

You sat down on the bench and watched as everyone got their partner.

Eunji-Nicole

Soojung-Jasmine

JiHyeon-Jenny

Jay-Joshua

Ein-Jinhyuk

Jaemin-Brian

Kenny-HanByul

You looked at the partners and saw that someone was missing. Daehyun! Your eyes searched the field, but couldn't find him. *Where'd he go?*

"Uh, it's uneven. Daehyun! Yoora! You guys need to play!" Eunji ran over and dragged Daehyun from behind a tree. *Oh that's where he was. WAIT I'm playing?? but I don't want to sweat ): ..I guess it's okay. It's kind of cold today, it should be okay..* Eunji brought you over to Daehyun and put you right next to him. When you guys had eye contact, the both of you just blinked and then joined the crew. 

They began to sort out the teams and told us how to play. You were told to have the 'protected' person grab onto the 'protecting' person's waist or shirt. *Hold onto his waist?* You panicked a bit when he suddenly looked back at you.

"Um, Hi." he said really awkwardly and you replied with a small smile and a 'hi'. 

"Just grab onto my shirt and hide behind me no matter what, okay? Try not to get hit." he explained to me and I nodded in response. *This Daehyun is so different from the Daehyun that I saw before...* I let the thought out of my mind and cautiously reached out to his waist. *AHHHH this is too much skin ship, but since it's a game* I grasped onto his shirt and I slightly touched his sides. In response, he flinched and looked back at you.

"You're hands are really cold. Here give me them." he took my hands and rubbed them against his. It became warm really fast. *He's so nice...too nice. This is weird* You thanked him and soon it got awkward. 

You began to zone out when suddenly, Hanbyul exclaimed that she got mud on her pants and she rushed over to the restroom with all the girls and Kenny. The guys decided to play another game of ball. 

"We're in the same homeroom right?" Daehyun spoke up and you were a bit surprised since it was the first time the two of you actually talked. You replied and soon you guys had a conversation going on with the weirdest topics. It was actually rally nice to finally get to talk to him. 

The girls, and Kenny came back from the restroom soon, a bit too soon and the game officially started. The two of you were less awkward and your team ended up winning. Afterschool, the loser team bought your team ice cream and you and Daehyun exchanged phone numbers. 

When you got home, you lyed down on your bed and wondered on what to do. *Drama? nah, too predictable. Movie? Nah, nothing to watch. urghhhh what to dooooo-*

"OOMPH!" you groaned as your brother sat on your stomach. You struggled to get him off, but failed. He ended up just lying down on top of you. 

"Yoora, make me cake pops. Hm?" He got up from on top of you and tossed a grocery bag to you. In it there were cake mixes, candy melts, lollipop sticks, and sprinkles. You smiled as you saw this and ran over to the kitchen to start baking. 

"Make it so that it tastes good!" your brother called out to you as he went back to gaming on his computer. 

You first baked the cake and let it rest to cool before making the actual cake pops. You decided to give some to Soojung in celebration of her moving. 

Yesterday Afternoon

You left school early because of a dentist appointment and when you got home it struck you on how much it hurt. You lyed down on your bed and began to zone-out when you were disturbed by truck sounds nearby. 

You looked out the window of your house and saw moving trucks. *Someone's moving in?* You looked closer at the people standing outside and saw a face that was really familiar. 

It was Soojung's dad! You ran outside to see what he was doing next door.

"Ahnyeonghaseyo! What are you doing here?" you greeted him and he walked over to you. (A/N: btw, this convo is in korean)

"Oh, hi Yoora! We're moving in next door!" he said with a big laugh and you were shocked. You had heard that Soojung was moving, but didn't expect her to be moving in next door.

"Does Soojungie know that she's..?" you asked and he shook his head. The both of you laughed and you ended up going over and helping them unpack. Her mom was inside and you went over to help her while her dad went to go pick up Soojung and her brothers. 

Soon, Soojung came home and she jumped on top of you.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" you guys scream in unison and Soojung begins to rant.

"MY DAD PICKS ME UP AND TELLS ME THAT WE'RE GOING TO OUR NEW HOUSE TODAY AND WE WERE GOING IN THE DIRECTION OF YOUR HOUSE SO I WAS LIKE WHAT? AND MY DAD WOULDN'T TELL ME ANYTHING AND I WAS LIKE EYY NO WAY AND THEN I COME HOME AND IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE AND I'M LIKE WHAT AND I SEE YOU UNPACKING MY STUFF WITH MY MOM AND I'M LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!" she's jumping around with you and the two of you are on the verge of crying tears of happiness. 

Flashback over

And with that, she is now officially your next door neighbor. 

You rolled around and picked up your phone to text Soojung to come over when you saw a new message from Daehyun. (You had saved his number before at the ice cream store)

To: Me, From: Daehyun

4:37 PM: Hey

You checked to see the time. It was 5:16 PM. *HOLY. Should've checked my phone beforehand*

To: Daehyun, From: Me

5:16 PM: Hii (: sorry for late reply, I was doing something hehe

To: Me, From: Daehyun

5:17 PM: Oh, it's ok. what were you doing?

To: Daehyun, From: Me

5:17 PM: I was making cake pops haha

To: Me, From: Daehyun

5:17 PM: You bake? Are you good?

*How do I reply to this..do I say I'm good? Oh my hahaha whatever*

To: Daehyun, From: Me

5:18 PM: Yeah and haha i dont know (x

To: Me, From: Daehyun

5:18 PM: I wanna try some. Can I have some?

To: Daehyun, From: Me

5:20 PM: Sure, but how am I going to give it to you? o.o we have no school and stuff.

To: Me, From: Daehyun

5:21 PM: I'm going ice skating with Eunji, Nicole, Jinhyuk, and Jay tomorrow. Wanna come? Soojung can come too :)

*Ice skating?? I LOVE ICE SKATINGGGG AKJEDFN DO I WANT TO GO? OF COURSE I DO <33*

To: Daehyun, From: Me

5:21 PM: ice skating? :D sure! 

To: Me, From: Daehyun

5:21 PM: Ok then, see you tomorrow :) Bring the cakepops! 

To: Daehyun, From: Me

5:21 PM: Okaay~ Bye!

You and Daehyun stopped texting after that and you continued with making the cakepops. You made some specially for him. 

When you were done making the cakepops you ran over to Soojung's house to give her the cakepops and ended up eating dinner there.

"Soojung can you go ice skating tomorrow? Daehyun, Eunji, Nicole, Jinhyuk, and Jay are going!" I asked her as we were watching a drama in her room.

"Ice skating?! Yeah, of co-" she suddeny stopped talking and gave me a small smile.

"I forgot that I'm going to go visit my grandma tomorrow, sorry! You can go." She was still smiling even though you knew that she was actually sad. Her grandma had been in the hospital for a couple months now and she still didn't gain consciousness. 

You gave her a tight hug and she assured you to go home and sleep. It was 8:49. You said bye to her/her family and walked back home. 

When you got home, you washed up, chose your clothes for tomorrow, and fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The next day

You woke up at 8 and got ready. 

Shower.

Breakfast.

Clothes.

Pack Daehyun's cakepops.

Money.

Bag.

Put on shoes.

Take off shoes.

Sit on couch.

Watch drama.

Turn off drama.

It was still only 9:34 AM and you agreed to meet them at 11.

"Time goes by so slow." you talked to yourselfl and the drama again.

Once it was 10, you woke up your brother and he drove you to the rink. *It's never bad to be a bit early right?*

You brother dropped you off at the wrong end of the parking lot and you had to walk a bit. Thank goodness it wasn't that hot, because if not, you would've started to sweat. 

You were almost at the entrance when you nail ripped a bit and you tried to fix it while walking. That was not a good choice. 

When you fixed the nail you jumped up and ran foward a bit too fast to notice the pole in your way. Boink 

You bumped into the pole and it hurt bad. You were rubbing your forehead when footsteps began to approach you. When you looked up, you saw Daehyun scanning your head and asking if you were okay. He asked me what happened and when I told him, he laughed and called me stupid. 

We were walking to the entrance when he suddenly turned to me and let out his hands.

"Oh yeah! My cakepops! Gimme Gimme Gimme." he jumped a bit and he looked too happy that I decided to . I put on a really shocked expression and pretended that I forgot about it. 

He turned his back on me and before he started to walk again, I grabbed his arm and passed him the box. He took it and when he opened it, his face lit up. He suddenly gave me a hug and I was taken back, but loosened up a bit when I was reminded that it was because of the food. He put his arm around my shoulders and we walked to the entrance while talking. 

We sat down on the bench and talked while waiting for the rest to come. Soon after, they came and we went inside. There weren't that many people since it was still pretty early.

We got our skates and put them on before going in. You had no problem putting them on, but Daehyun was having trouble and Eunji had to help him. You, Jay, Jinhyuk, and Nicole decided to go in first. 

When you stepped on the ice, it felt so good. You began to glide and soon Jinhyuk caught up to you and the two of you were going all over the place together. Daehyun came in with Eunji and he was pretty good. *He's good at skating, but can't put on the shoes. LOL* You saw as he skated with Nicole and noticed that they match as a couple. Nicole was a bit shorter than Daehyun and they had a similar feel to them. You kind of felt sad, but soon got over it when you thought about how good your friendship got with him now and you shouldn't be sad that he matches with someone else. *He's your friend and you don't like him*

With that thought, the feelings for Daehyun you didn't even know were there disappeared and you merely thought of him as a friend, your best guy friend.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Was this chapter okay? heheh I hope you guys enjoyed it! (: I was going to update yesterday, but it was Christmas and stuff so yeah I couldn't.. BUT I did today c: Thanks for reading! Please support by subscribing and upvoting my story <33 Thanks again (: 

 

LOL dae that makes you sound like you have no friends xD