Beginning of the Friendship

Jung Daehyun, I Got'chu

 

OHMYDEARLORD I MUST CONTAIN THE FEELS <33

guys this is a SUPER LONG chapter for all the time that I didn't update (:

 

 

- Last day of 7th Grade -

YOUR POV

You got up as your alarm went off and checked your phone. It was 6:15 AM and you had two messages from Soojung.

To: You, From: soojungie(:

10:19 PM: Goodnight dub! c: (dub is your nickname for each other)

4:03 AM: I CANT SLEEP ㅠㅠ WHY MUST I WAKE UP AT 4 AM 

You smiled and ran off to the shower with your clothes. You quickly showered and when you came out your mom had breakfast ready. You ate as you sent derps to Soojung and when she sent her derps back, you almost choked on your food. It was quite traumatizing. 

You finished your breakfast and went over to the bathroom to brush your teeth and fix your hair a bit. 

At about 7:10 you were all ready and you left for school.

~~~~~~AT SCHOOL~~~~~~

The warning bell had rung and you walked to homeroom after parting with Soojung, Jasmine, and your group of friends. You went in your homeroom and sat down in your seat. Soon, the bell for homeroom rang and Mr. Mark began taking roll.

"...Jung, Eunji?" "HERE!" you looked over to Eunji and couldn't help but smile. She had her hand up in the air and her was off her seat. She sat back down and she catched your glance and smiled. 

"Okay Eunji *chuckles*, Nicole?" "I'm here, teacher!" "Alright, then Daehyun?" I automatically glanced at his seat and was surprised to find the seat empty. Your eyes enlarged and you looked back at the teacher. He marked something and continued with roll. *This is surprising...he was never absent..*

Mr. Mark finished roll and started to pack up. As he finished, he spoke up again," Okay, shall we go then?" He left the room and the class joined him. 

At first you were confused, but as your memory came back you smiled and followed. Since today is the last day of school and all, the P.E. teachers allow their homeroom students to go out to the field and just stay there the whole day. Mr. Mark was a P.E teacher and that means that you'll be going out. You liked the idea since Soojung's homeroom teacher was also a P.E. teacher, so that meant that the two of you will be together. You smiled as you walked with your homeroom to the field, but that smile soon disappeared as you were reminded of Daehyun's absence. You paused and wondered of the reason. *Is he sick? Did he ditch? Did he just not come? Aishh, whatever. It's none of my business*

As your class reached the field, you noticed that all the other classes were there and you went to the area that Soojung and your friends are normally at. You met with them and sat down at the table that they had reserved. You guys began to eat snacks, listen to music, and do random retarded stuff.

After about an hour of going crazy, you guys began to play games. 

You guys were in the middle of a game of ABC* when a basketball suddenly came out of nowhere and slammed into the table. It almost hit you. You looked up in shock and saw a sweaty Daehyun running towards the table. *What? He came to school? Then, why didn't he come to homeroom?* You quickly looked back at the table and played with your hair. 

"YAH!" Jasmine raged at Daehyun and everyone started to laugh including her. He just stared at her and laughed. 

"Hey, you were at school? Why didn't you come to homeroom?" Jinhyuk slapped his arm and Daehyun sat in the seat across from you. The two of you had eye contact and you blinked, but Daehyun jsut went on talking,"Oh, I thought that only Jay's homeroom was gonna go out to the field this year, so I ditched to his homeroom." he was smiling and scratching his head confusingly.

"Ooh! Are you guys playing ABC? I wanna play too! I'm gonna go first. No mercy!" he smiled and got ready,"A..B.....D!" you looked at your hand and you had done D. *Aishh, dammit. Stupid...why did I do D..aishhh* you smacked your head and put out your hand as he got up and got ready to slap. 

"Okay, Jasmine, Jinhyuk, Joshua, Brian, and Yoora. Five slaps, gogo Daehyun!" Eunji said and Daehyun paused for a bit, but then soon afterward began slapping. slap slap slap slap slap...slap slap slap slap slap...slap slap slap slap slap...slap slap slap slap slap... It was your turn and so you put out your hand even more out, closed your eyes, and waited for the slaps. After a few seconds you opened your eyes to check why he wasn't continuing. 

Daehyun's POV

"Daehyun! Wake up Wake up. It's the last day of school! You don't want to be late, do you?" I opened my eyes and saw my mom at the door smiling brightly at me. I got up and hugged my mom before going into the shower. I took a longer shower than normal to wake me up and it did. 

When I came out of the shower to the dining room, I saw the beautiful, marvelous, wonderful food sitting there. It was my mom's signature ham sandwich. After finishing up the sandwich and brushing my teeth I was all ready and left the house at about 7:10.

~~~~~~~AT SCHOOL~~~~~~~

The homeroom bell had rung and I ran off to the restroom. There were rumorse about Jay's homeroom being the only hoemroom that was going out the field this year and that led me to the thought of ditching to his homeroom. There was no way that I was going to be stuck in that classroom the whole day on the last day of school. So, I sat on the toilet until the bell rang. 

Soon enough, the bell rang and I heard kids pouring out to the yard. I got out of the restroom sneakily and joined the crowd. Nobody noticed! *Stupid teachers* I began to play basketball with Jay and a group of friends when I noticed my homeroom coming out to the field. 

"Hey, Jay! Wasn't only your homeroom supposed to come out to the field?" I called out to Jay as I passed the ball to Ein. He shrugged and continued playing. *Aish, should've just went to homeroom. Well, whatever*  I saw Yoora joining Soojung and other people at the table in the corner of the field, near the basketball courts that I was at. So, that meant that she was near me. I smiled, for some reason and quickly snapped out of it I took the thought out of my head and continued playing ball with the team for about an hour. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Daehyun! Pass!" Ein was calling out to me and so I passed him the ball. However, I missed and it the ball went flying to the table that Yoora was sitting at. It almost hit her. *Oh * I ran over and scanned Yoora with my eyes to see if she got hurt. We had eye contact, but she quickly looked away. As soon as I reached the table Jasmine screamed into my ear,

"YAH!" and the raging began. The table started laughing, but I just stared at her and ended it with a smile. She shut up then.

"Hey, you were at school? Why didn't you come to homeroom?" I felt a punch and when I looked to my side I saw that Jinhyuk was the owner of the fist. I sat down next to him. When I looked up, I saw Yoora sitting across from me. I was kind of shocked since I didn't plan this out or anything, but when we had eye contact, I just blinked and replied to Jinhyuk,"Oh, I thought that only Jay's homeroom was gonna go out to the field this year, so I ditched to his homeroom." I scratched my head a bit and smiled. 

"Ooh! Are you guys playing ABC? I wanna play too! I'm gonna go first. No mercy!" I warmed up his hands and began,"A..B.....D!" I looked around and caught the preys. I was taken back by one. *Aish, why'd she get caught? What do I do...* 

"Okay, Jasmine, Jinhyuk, Joshua, Brian, and Yoora. Five slaps, gogo Daehyun!" Eunji said and so I began with the punishment slaps. slap slap slap slap slap...slap slap slap slap slap...slap slap slap slap slap...slap slap slap slap slap... I had finished off the first four people, and she was the only one left. I felt like the worst person in the world when she put her hands out and closed her eyes as she waited for her punishment slaps. *What do I do? I know I'm going to regret it after I do it...Oh I know!* As I was about to talk, Jasmine spoke up,

"Hey! Jeongshin chalyeo (pay attention)!" I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly reacted,"Ahh! My hand hurts from all that slapping. Jinhyuk, can you slap her for me? I don't think I can slap anymore." I grasped my hand like it was bleeding and sat down while saying that. Eunji slapped me on my back whilst calling me '', but soon checked my hand to check if it was okay. It was kind of red, so that tricked her. 

Meanwhile, Jinhyuk had given Yoora five small, light slaps on her hands and I felt relieved. See, the reason that I chose Jinhyuk is that, he is a real gentleman and was really close with Yoora. And so, I knew that he wouldn't hit her hard like I did to the rest of the people that got caught by me. 

After seeing that, I left the table and joined the ball game again. *I'm glad I didn't have to hurt her* I smiled as I played the game. 

..............

But, no. That smile only last a while until I peeked at the game situation once more. I saw Jongmin getting up and I noticed Yoora putting out her hand. I saw Jaemin getting up and leaning into her hands, getting ready for the slaps. *Did she get caught again? Aish, that stupid girl!* Jaemin is the most-merciless person when it comes to ABC and abiding the fact that he liked Yoora, I knew that he would still have no mercy.

"YAH! KIM JAEMIN! I HAVE HOT CHEETOS!" I yelled out to him and swung the chip bag in the air. At that moment, he looked up and practically ran over the table to me, along with Jasmine, Eunji, and Soojung. I saw Yoora sighing in relief and she was smiling and talking with Jihyuk as he patted her. I actually got kind of jealous. 

My chips were taken away, and the table gang had joined Jaemin, Jasmine, Eunji, Soojung, and me at the basketball court. Even the ball team joined us. We began to brainstorm about games that we should play and we ended up with partner dodgeball.

"Okay! Partner dodgeball it is! Choose a partner!" Eunji said loudly as she got up. I took a step back since I didn't really want to play and I saw Yoora rejecting Soojung and sitting down on the bench. The partners were:

Eunji-Nicole

Soojung-Jasmine

JiHyeon-Jenny

Jay-Joshua

Ein-Jinhyuk

Jaemin-Brian

Kenny-HanByul (they're a couple)

"Uh, it's uneven. Daehyun! Yoora! You guys need to play!" Eunji ran over and dragged me and Yoora together. We merely blinked at eye contact and just joined the crew. 

"Okay, you guys know how to play right? One person protects the other. Doesn't matter how many times the outer person gets hit, BUT the moment the 'protected' person's body touched the dodgeball, the two of you are OUT!" Eunji shouted and then she began to sort out the teams.

Team 1: Soojung-Jasmine, Jay-Joshua, Jaemin-Brian, Kenny-Hanbyul

Team 2: Eunji-Nicole, JiHyeon-Jenny, Ein-Jinhyuk, Daehyun-Yoora

We sorted out into our teams and settled down. We got with our partner and we were told to have the 'protected' person grab onto the 'protecting' person's waist or shirt. Everyone got into that position and so I looked back at Yoora.

"Um, Hi." I awkwardly said and she smiled and said,

"Hi."

"Just grab onto my shirt and hide behind me no matter what, okay? Try not to get hit." I spoke gently to her and she replied with a nod and a smile. 

When she reached my shirt, her hand cautiously touched my waist cand it was ice cold. In surprise I flinched and turned back towards her,

"Ah! You're hands are really cold. Here give me them." I took her hands and warmed up her hands by rubbing them against mine. It got warm soon and she thanked me. 

We started to get ready for the game when HanByul got mud on her pants and she had to go change. All the girls had followed her, along with Kenny, who carried her bag. The guys decided to play another game without me and so Yoora and I were the only two people left. 

"We're in the same homeroom right?" I asked and we soon had a rolling conversation with the random-est topics. It felt really good to finally talk to her. 

Soon, the girls (and Kenny) came back and the game officially began. This time, I had her hands warmed beforehand and  we were more comfortable with the awkward-but-now-not-so-awkward position and played the game happily. 

In the end, our team won and in reward, the losing team bought us ice cream and snacks afterschool. I got Yoora's phone number too. It was a really great day. 

When I got home, I went to my room and checked my phone. No new notifications *Should I text her? What if she doesn't answer..*

I was still wondering about the worri-some decision when Jaehyun came home from school and plopped onto my bed. I decided to ask him. 

"Jaehyun, I got this girl's phone number today. Should I text her first? Or wait for her to text me first?" I asked him and he replied with the answer,

"If she's desperate, she'll text you first. But, if she's not one of those types, then she'll NEVER contact you unless you start it first. If you have interest in her, you should contact her first. It's the only sign you can give." and with that, he left the room.

*Should I? She is definately NOT the desperate type, so she probably won't text me first right? You know what. I don't care. I only have one shot* (A/N: *wink wink* ONE SHOTTTTTT <33)

To: Yoora Shin, From: Me

4:37 PM: Hey

And I sent it. Now all I had to do was wait and unless you don't know, that is the hardest part of all. 4:38...4:40...5:00..still no reply. At that moment, I told myself that I was stupid and now I probably look like a retard. I had decided to just sleep, but as I almost fell asleep, there was a message alert. I shot back up and checked my phone. IT WAS HER. 

To: Me, From: Yoora Shin

5:16 PM: Hii (: sorry for late reply, I was doing something hehe

I replied almost immediately.

To: Yoora Shin, From: Me

5:17 PM: Oh, it's ok. what were you doing?

To: Me, From: Yoora Shin

5:17 PM: I was making cake pops haha

*What, she bakes? I want some..*

To: Yoora Shin, From: Me

5:17 PM: You bake? Are you good?

To: Me, From: Yoora Shin

5:18 PM: Yeah and haha i dont know (x

To: Yoora Shin, From: Me

5:18 PM: I wanna try some. Can I have some?

To: Me, From: Yoora Shin

5:20 PM: Sure, but how am I going to give it to you? o.o we have no school and stuff.

To: Yoora Shin, From: Me

5:21 PM: I'm going ice skating with Eunji, Nicole, Jinhyuk, and Jay tomorrow. Wanna come? Soojung can come too :)

I wanted her to come. That was the whole point in making the event. All her close friends were going, so she'll probabaly go, right?

To: Me, From: Yoora Shin

5:21 PM: ice skating? :D sure! 

To: Yoora Shin, From: Me

5:21 PM: Ok then, see you tomorrow :) Bring the cakepops! 

To: Me, From: Yoora Shin

5:21 PM: Okaay~ Bye!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The next day

I was the first one to arrive at the rink. I waited about 3 minutes when I suddenly heard a small 'boink'. I looked towards the direction and saw her behind a pole rubbing her head while frowning. I ran over and checked her head,

"Are you okay? What happened?" I asked her.

"Yeah.. I was looking at this dog across the street and I bumped into this pole." she was still rubbing her head. 

"Stupid..." we walked to the rink together and had a conversation going.

"Oh yeah! My cakepops! Gimme Gimme Gimme." I put out my hands towards her and she looked at me in shock.

"What cakepops?" She just merely blinked. I was taken back. I was about to walk away when she took something out of her bag and grabbed onto my arm.

"I was just kidding, here!" she handed me a little box and when I opened it, I saw 6 little cakepops sitting inside.

"Thanks Yoora!" I smiled and hugged her. I really love food. She looked a bit shocked, but soon recovered from it and I casually put my arm around her shoulders. 

When we reached the rink, I noticed how talkative she actually was and we had become pretty close friends. *This is nice. Should've done it before*

 

 

 

 

HEY GUYSSS HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE (: sorry for not updating in forever! I just had no inspiration, but yesterday, I got the feels again and started writing (: I WILL TRY to update more so please subscribe and upvote! thanks for being patient and hope you have a great holiday season (?) LOVE YOU <33

LOL HIMCHAN xD so happy for underwear shopping HAHHA (x